BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 104

2015-06-22 11:12 AM
in reply to: Jet Black

User image

Denver, CO
Subject: RE: Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?)

Originally posted by Jet Black Checking in after a week on vacation. I tried to catch up quickly, lots going on! Congrats to Melanie, Robin, Randee and Steve on their 70.3s!!! Steve, I know you didn't have the race you'd hoped for, but you showed impressive resolve by fighting to the finish! Impressive! Congrats also to all of our other races the past two weekends!! My swim meet went well on Sunday, but man, that was a whole nother type of pain. I was wiped afterwards from only 350 meters of swimming! Now brace yourselves, vacation pictures are coming. lots more at my flickr page for you stalker types https://www.flickr.com/photos/seanhale/

Looks like the vacation was a complete success.  Hope you had as much fun as the kiddos did. Love those toothy grins!

2015-06-22 11:27 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by Jet Black Checking in after a week on vacation. I tried to catch up quickly, lots going on! Congrats to Melanie, Robin, Randee and Steve on their 70.3s!!! Steve, I know you didn't have the race you'd hoped for, but you showed impressive resolve by fighting to the finish! Impressive! Congrats also to all of our other races the past two weekends!! Edit: Melanie even though you didn't get to finish, there's no doubt you were going to! Way to execute a good plan!! Matt - glad to hear your mom's prognosis is better than expected. Continued thoughts and prayers. My swim meet went well on Sunday, but man, that was a whole nother type of pain. I was wiped afterwards from only 350 meters of swimming! Now brace yourselves, vacation pictures are coming. lots more at my flickr page for you stalker types https://www.flickr.com/photos/seanhale/

So cute!!!!!!!!!!!!

2015-06-22 11:33 AM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

I decided late last week to run a half marathon on Saturday.  I've been so itching to race and I needed a long run for training.  Major shout out to some of the great local race directors in our area.  It was a relatively small race but  the course was beautiful and the event well organized.  The race director has been putting on races for years around here and we are extremely fortunate for his (and others) that give so much to make these local events truly runner focused and high quality especially for $30.

Planned to run comfortably hard but still be able to train normally the next day.  The weather was absolutely perfect and people were all so friendly.  Nice to see some of the other local runners as it's been a few months since I raced around here.  First half of the race felt great.  Was sitting in about 20th (there is an out and back section so I counted).  At that point I recalled Adrienne mentioning "take chances" which resonated in my head.  There was a long straight stretch and I could see five people equally spaced out to about a half mile ahead.  I had been running and chatting with someone for about 10 minutes and bid him farewell as I suddenly had this urge to chase.  Reeled the first four in over the next few miles.  The last took a little longer but with about a mile to go as I was within a few yards she stopped at a porta potti.  Backed off a little at that point as I didn't want to overdo it but it felt so good to be strong in the latter half of the race.  Ended up with a 1:47.  

Had a wonderful Father's Day.  Got a new Traeger grill which is awesome.  And I got in a hard session on my trainer.  Wanted to ride outside but didn't want to cut out on the family as we spent most of the day grilling and eating.      

2015-06-22 11:36 AM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Great pictures Sean.  Where is that at?  Looks awesome.

2015-06-22 11:45 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Sean - great pics!!  Your boys are too cute for words and have the best smiles!

Steve - very cool you heard Salty in your head and she helped push you to a great finish time and you reeled those folks in!  Nice work!

2015-06-22 12:05 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Katy, Texas
Thanks y'all! Steve - forgot to mention this was Ft Walton beach right next to Destin.

Steve - huge congrats on a great race!!

2015-06-22 12:12 PM

User image

Seattle

Awesome pics Sean! Soooo cute!

2015-06-22 12:14 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Seattle

I had a very challenging race this weekend. 

Side stitch, shoe came untied etc. I'm still trying to sort out the data in terms of how to interpret the race. Trail running can be so hard because your numbers don't mean much and I haven't run the course for comparables.

Anyway, here is the:

Race Report

2015-06-22 12:15 PM

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by popsracer

I decided late last week to run a half marathon on Saturday.  I've been so itching to race and I needed a long run for training.  Major shout out to some of the great local race directors in our area.  It was a relatively small race but  the course was beautiful and the event well organized.  The race director has been putting on races for years around here and we are extremely fortunate for his (and others) that give so much to make these local events truly runner focused and high quality especially for $30.

Planned to run comfortably hard but still be able to train normally the next day.  The weather was absolutely perfect and people were all so friendly.  Nice to see some of the other local runners as it's been a few months since I raced around here.  First half of the race felt great.  Was sitting in about 20th (there is an out and back section so I counted).  At that point I recalled Adrienne mentioning "take chances" which resonated in my head.  There was a long straight stretch and I could see five people equally spaced out to about a half mile ahead.  I had been running and chatting with someone for about 10 minutes and bid him farewell as I suddenly had this urge to chase.  Reeled the first four in over the next few miles.  The last took a little longer but with about a mile to go as I was within a few yards she stopped at a porta potti.  Backed off a little at that point as I didn't want to overdo it but it felt so good to be strong in the latter half of the race.  Ended up with a 1:47.  

Had a wonderful Father's Day.  Got a new Traeger grill which is awesome.  And I got in a hard session on my trainer.  Wanted to ride outside but didn't want to cut out on the family as we spent most of the day grilling and eating.      

lol I probably wouldn't say take chances in a training run but ok! Nice work

2015-06-22 12:34 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by rrrunner

Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by melbo55

Originally posted by laffinrock Guess it was the miserable kind of rain. It looks like she finished about 30 minutes before they called it. Maybe all that work she's been doing in Master's helped her swim to the finish. :-D That really sucks for those who weren't allowed to finish.

Sadly, that was me.  I was on my way back from the first loop when another racer told me they were turning folks back who were just starting their first loop and not letting those who were preparing to go out on the 2nd loop to continue.  Hearing that, I pushed the last whatever (1.5-2 miles?) distance back to the finish.  Hey, why not, I don't have 6 more miles to run now, LOL. 

Regarding my performance: Yesterday I was pretty happy, all things considered.  I know I would've finished my first 70.3 had the race not been shortened because of the weather.  Today I am less so, looking at the 'official' results.  I was happy with my swim time but not with the bike and the run time they had for me because the run isn't indicative of what my total pace would've been and the 'estimated' finish time they gave me is also not indicative of what the true result would've been.  I had a few issues on the bike and was perhaps too conservative, focusing on the goal of being able to finish and not conk out.  But all that shall be revealed in what will surely be a wordy RR.

As far as their decision to call the race: I'm totally fine with that.  I understand the need for safety of not only the athletes but the volunteers and staff.  They stopped the race because of storms (the lightning and thunder variety), not just the very heavy rain that came with it.

Congratulations!  You completed what you were allowed to and of course you'd have finished the second lap had you been allowed to.  We all know that!  you did great -- way under the cutoff times.  It's great that you got this under your belt!

I whole heatedly agree!!

Is that a florida thing?

hahaha

2015-06-22 12:43 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Originally posted by Asalzwed

At my age, when you feel like going you pretty much have to go.   

2015-06-22 12:44 PM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Janyne reminded me of a momma brag I need to throw down.

DS2 told me this weekend he is 18 seconds off of the 5k time for the base. He mentioned to me a couple weeks ago that he is singing cadence for running team alpha aka the seven fastest guys on the base.

2015-06-22 12:45 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Denver, CO

Way to go, Steve!  You pushed yourself but not so hard you couldn't get in the good session on the trainer the next day.  Nice of you to sacrifice your road ride for the trainer too.  I'll bet your family really appreciated having you around, even if you were grinding away and all sweaty.   Sounds like an all-around awesome weekend!!

2015-06-22 1:05 PM

User image

Seattle

Hahaha touche! 

2015-06-22 1:14 PM

User image

Seattle

DS2 told me this weekend he is 18 seconds off of the 5k time for the base. He mentioned to me a couple weeks ago that he is singing cadence for running team alpha aka the seven fastest guys on the base.

Awesome! 

2015-06-22 1:16 PM

User image

Seattle

I mentioned Joe in my RR but a little brag of my own, he took the win at the Mount Washington Road Race and broke the American Record

https://www.facebook.com/LevelRenner/videos/930070060382346/

2015-06-22 1:27 PM

User image

Denver, CO

How cool is that?!  Definitely brag-worthy, momma!

2015-06-22 1:39 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

I mentioned Joe in my RR but a little brag of my own, he took the win at the Mount Washington Road Race and broke the American Record

https://www.facebook.com/LevelRenner/videos/930070060382346/

Congrats to him! He seems like such a modest, likeable guy. 

What a great interview.  I get so tired of the pedestrian "so how does it feel to win" questions.

2015-06-22 1:40 PM

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.

Wait, are you still writing about races?
2015-06-22 1:40 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Master
Orlando

I am so far behind - silly work getting in my way of reading BT!

So, congrats to all the racers; you all did wonderfully!

Great pics Sean -your boys are so cute!

TJ -congrats to your son.  I'm sure he'll break the record!! 

2015-06-22 1:41 PM

User image

Katy, Texas

That's awesome, congrats to you and your boy!

2015-06-22 2:12 PM

User image

Master

Wow, Sean, your boys are beautiful!  Looks like you all had a great vaca at the beach!

TJ, congrats to your 'boy' too!

2015-06-22 2:20 PM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

Master

Can anyone who is on FB give an update on Monica?  It's been a long time since she has checked in.

2015-06-22 2:23 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by IronOx

Can anyone who is on FB give an update on Monica?  It's been a long time since she has checked in.

She was looking pretty darn hawt this weekend in her Betty kit for the Lake Pflugerville Tri

ETA (and she and Tony had Thai food yesterday )

Edited by rrrunner 2015-06-22 2:24 PM
2015-06-22 2:34 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

So it's genetic, huh? 

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  

of 104

RELATED POSTS

Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?) Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 68397 Posts: 2660

2015-05-20 9:51 AM IndoIronYanti

Ryan Mac’s HIM Focus Group - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26

Started by Ryan Mac
Views: 29145 Posts: 639

2015-06-15 3:22 PM Ryan Mac

TZCoaching tri getting started group! - CLOSED Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by tzcoaching
Views: 12300 Posts: 98

2015-03-01 12:25 PM tzcoaching

Dominion's Sprint/Oly/70.3 Group--Closed Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36

Started by Dominion
Views: 38640 Posts: 891

2016-01-04 10:48 AM burner2

Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 67871 Posts: 2498

2015-02-23 11:27 AM IndoIronYanti
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.