BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2016 - Part deux Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 98

2016-05-19 9:10 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2016 - Part deux

Have any of you been watching The Night Manager?  I'm enjoying it quite a bit!

2016-05-19 9:32 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.

Originally posted by jmkizer

I watched it when it was on and enjoyed it. I think I may have mentioned it to you in an inspire. At the moment, well, when I'm back from hollibobs, I'm watching season 3 of Peaky Blinders. Anyone watch this? Can't get enough of it. I'm also running back through all the old Ricky Gervais material, Office, Extras, Derek etc, getting myself ready for the return of David Brent.

2016-05-19 10:01 AM
in reply to: Richardsdrr

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Richardsdrr

I watched it when it was on and enjoyed it. I think I may have mentioned it to you in an inspire. At the moment, well, when I'm back from hollibobs, I'm watching season 3 of Peaky Blinders. Anyone watch this? Can't get enough of it. I'm also running back through all the old Ricky Gervais material, Office, Extras, Derek etc, getting myself ready for the return of David Brent.

We've just had the first five episodes of The Night Manger on here.  It wraps up next week.

2016-05-19 10:12 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Aww, Derek, I love that show!  So endearing, both Derek and the old people.  And then there's Kev...ha ha ha

2016-05-19 10:58 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

We've just had the first five episodes of The Night Manger on here.  It wraps up next week.

I missed this one, but will put it on the list and will check out Peaky Blinders too!

2016-05-19 10:59 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by cdban66

Originally posted by IronOx Okay I'll play. I guess Robin, Ann-Marie, TJ and Janyne. But I dunno which have been and which was only close.

3 outta 4! 

Substitute you (Chris) for TJ.

2016-05-19 11:01 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by IronOx Okay I'll play. I guess Robin, Ann-Marie, TJ and Janyne. But I dunno which have been and which was only close.

3 outta 4! 

Womp, womp, womp. 3 outta 4 for you! I remain out of the selections available.

2016-05-19 11:15 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

3 outta 4! 

oh, then substitute Melanie for you. If that's wrong I'm out

2016-05-19 12:35 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

3 outta 4! 

Nice try, but I'm sorry. However, we do have a copy of our home game, just for playing!

2016-05-19 12:48 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

3 outta 4! 

Nice try, but I'm sorry. However, we do have a copy of our home game, just for playing!

People who have been to/near Englewod, Florida. 

Since Chris lives there, we aren't counting him.

I was there for the Gator Half a while back and gave Chris one of the prizes since it was to a local place.

Ann-Marie was there a few times -- at least to Venice -- for work and for Rev3 Florida.

Robin NC use to live there. Also for HITS Ocala but again (closer than Orlando maybe but not really in Sarasota or Englewood)

Now I'm lost.  Monica was in Florida not too long ago but I had the impression that she stuck to the Orlando area.

Salty was in FL for Ragnar Florida Keys but the Keys aren't near Englewood.

TJ was in FL for something to do with work but that was in the Keys.

Randee was in Florida for the Miami Half Marathon but Miami is not near Englewood.

2016-05-19 12:51 PM

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

3 outta 4! 

I was there for the Gator Half a while back and gave Chris one of the prizes since it was to a local place.

Ann-Marie was there a few times -- at least to Venice -- for work and for Rev3 Florida.

Robin NC use to live there. Also for HITS Ocala but again (closer than Orlando maybe but not really in Sarasota or Englewood)

Now I'm lost.  Monica was in Florida not too long ago but I had the impression that she stuck to the Orlando area.

Randee was in Florida for the Miami Half Marathon but Miami is not near Englewood.

Wow - keeper of the coolaid... and lots of other Manatee info, as well!  Very impressive.

I, too, have been very close.  For years we have fished every year or two out of Bokkelia (sp?) up to just south of the PacMan along the shore there.  So, not s/b/r, although in the water... 

Matt

2016-05-19 1:03 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Matt is indeed the final piece of the puzzle that Janyne, Kirsten, and Hands were so very close on. Matt, did you fly into the area on a small plane, landing at what was originally Rotonda West Airfield?

Rotonda West airfield, now Coral Creek Airport. Tiny airstrip on the Cape Haze peninsula with an inglorious past.

Or did you land at Punta Gorda airport across the harbor to get to Bokeelia?

Edited by cdban66 2016-05-19 1:09 PM

(Matt.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Matt.jpg (176KB - 5 downloads)
2016-05-19 1:09 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

3 outta 4! 

wow, I'm impressed with your memory.  Even I had almost forgotten I was in the area for work, and I've been there for work 3x!!

2016-05-19 1:12 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

3 outta 4! 

wow, I'm impressed with your memory.  Even I had almost forgotten I was in the area for work, and I've been there for work 3x!!

The only year the bike route went through Englewood.

Englewood doesn't have much of a horn to toot, evidently.

2016-05-19 1:15 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

She was the best massage therapist I've had. Thanks again!

2016-05-19 1:52 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

3 outta 4! 

snerk

2016-05-19 1:54 PM

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.

3 outta 4! 

I keep telling you people, Chris and Janyne are the Schumachers' of the Manatees. They've got spreadsheets on everyone of us and will fleece us of our accounts when we're over this triathlon malarkey and have money back on our accounts
2016-05-19 2:06 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

3 outta 4! 

I keep telling you people, Chris and Janyne are the Schumachers' of the Manatees. They've got spreadsheets on everyone of us and will fleece us of our accounts when we're over this triathlon malarkey and have money back on our accounts

And we never did find that picture of Chris in a dress

2016-05-19 2:07 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pennsylvania

3 outta 4! 

Darren, I think you are on the nose with your deduction.  We'll know for sure if you disappear mysteriously in the middle of the night, kidnapped by Chris and Janyne to keep their secret safe.

I'm honored I made the 'guess' list, although I don't recall ever being that far south in FL, at least not on the gulf side.  Gulf side I've been to Tarpon Springs, Homosassa and Crystal River, and cities/towns in that general area.  Atlantic side I may have been to Fort Lauderdale in my very young years.  'Middle' of the state I've been to Lakeland and  Mickey Mouse Town, Orlando, numerous times, as well as numerous other cities/towns such as Plant City and Lake Wales, etc.

Edited by melbo55 2016-05-19 2:10 PM
2016-05-19 2:31 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Hey Matt, there's a person in Introduce Yourself looking for people in Katy.

2016-05-19 2:50 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

I couldn't even remember that I've had 10 convo's with Robin about Englewood in the past 3 months.  So, I'm obviously not keeping your spreadsheets. 

2016-05-19 2:51 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by rrrunner 

Good Luck, the internet is a deep dark place

2016-05-19 2:53 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Sean too!

Not that I know everyone's home address or anything 

2016-05-19 3:00 PM

User image

Master

Good Luck, the internet is a deep dark place

Could we please have a reminder of when the event occurred? 

2016-05-19 3:01 PM

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

I'm close - in Austin - but Sean is in Katy proper (still, I believe - right?).

I'll say hey over in the IY forum nonetheless (fellow Texan...)

Thanks!

Matt

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2016 - Part deux Rss Feed  

of 98

RELATED POSTS

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 26 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11078 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 21, 2014
author : Tre_bor
comments : 3
The running aspect of an Ironman triathlon is a marathon. Most people take on a marathon as a single event and the training for this uses up a lot of their time. Here are some tips for the run.

date : December 9, 2013
author : Tre_bor
comments : 7
So you want to become an Ironman?! Are you sure...? It's not a light undertaking. I will attempt to help you make it through without making too many rookie mistakes.
date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
comments : 0
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.

date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.