BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 100

2014-05-24 4:44 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors: We Will Stalk You (Open)
Originally posted by rrrunner
Originally posted by 4agoodlife
Originally posted by rrrunnerFrom Kansas!?!?!?! DH says we coulda found one of those in Santa Fe!
lol...probably. But we've been looking for color combo/condition/mileage/price for a few months. Plus his super detail picky dad got to check it out already. How's your drive going?
Ha! I hear ya. We were that way when we bought the magnum.The drive is ok. We'll be with Mary in Denver and checking out a 17,000 sq ft running store in about 2 hours!
ohhh! Store pics :D. We're "shooting for" Tucumcari.

2014-05-24 5:40 PM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

Master
Northern IL

NAME: Ben / brigby1

STORY: I've been involved in numerous sports all my life. Picked up triathlon about 5 years ago when a friend did and loved it. I don't really identify as a triathlete so much as I'll do each of the three for their own merits plus different combinations of them.

FAMILY STATUS: 35, single

CURRENT TRAINING: I train rather consistently year round, so things are up as they usually are.

THIS YEAR'S RACES/EVENTS: This is moving all the time, but generally is going shorter stuff early season and longer later on.

BODY COMPOSITION: Mostly staying healthy and trying to get faster. Meet Yanti's requirement for the guys of being 6'3".

2014-05-24 5:44 PM
in reply to: 0

Master
Northern IL

Ran in the Headlamp Hustle 10k trail run last night up by Madison. Lack of running really showed as that was tough. Not exactly an easy course either. Half true single track and half side-of-the-highway mowing type path across fields.

Also did the Blackhawk Country Roads ride in Rockton this morning, 65 mile route.

Edited by brigby1 2014-05-24 5:45 PM
2014-05-24 6:19 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by rrrunner[We'll be with Mary in Denver and checking out a 17,000 sq ft running store in about 2 hours!

Oh geez, I didn't think to take any.  TJ, did you?  (We went to the new Boulder Running Company store, in case anybody's wondering what we're talking about.)  From my perspective, the store was well organized, had lots of friendly and helpful staff, and was HUGE.  If you've ever been to an REI flagship store, that's kind of what this place was like, except completely run-focused.  Clothes were organized by brand, there were probably 75-100 shoe models on display, a hydration bar with available samples, clearance area with some fairly decent deals, an in-ground treadmill (very cool-looking but don't fall off the back or you'll end up in a hole in the floor!), and 4-5 regular treadmills.  Lots of sundries as well: socks, hats, watches/other electronics, hydration gear, etc., etc., etc.  They also have a room where they can do clinics or packet pick-up.  I got a pair of Yankz and a set of Spenco ball-of-foot cushions, and am planning to go back next month to get some shoes. 

2014-05-24 6:35 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Master
Orlando
Originally posted by laffinrock

Originally posted by rrrunner[We'll be with Mary in Denver and checking out a 17,000 sq ft running store in about 2 hours!

Oh geez, I didn't think to take any.  TJ, did you?  (We went to the new Boulder Running Company store, in case anybody's wondering what we're talking about.)  From my perspective, the store was well organized, had lots of friendly and helpful staff, and was HUGE.  If you've ever been to an REI flagship store, that's kind of what this place was like, except completely run-focused.  Clothes were organized by brand, there were probably 75-100 shoe models on display, a hydration bar with available samples, clearance area with some fairly decent deals, an in-ground treadmill (very cool-looking but don't fall off the back or you'll end up in a hole in the floor!), and 4-5 regular treadmills.  Lots of sundries as well: socks, hats, watches/other electronics, hydration gear, etc., etc., etc.  They also have a room where they can do clinics or packet pick-up.  I got a pair of Yankz and a set of Spenco ball-of-foot cushions, and am planning to go back next month to get some shoes. 

He he, I read " sundries" as sun dresses and was confused trying to figure out how they fit into a running store!
2014-05-24 7:43 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Originally posted by amd723

He he, I read " sundries" as sun dresses and was confused trying to figure out how they fit into a running store!
Actually, I think there were some skirt sports sun dresses there. Awesome store! I found some Brooks (pure drifts rather than my usual pure connects because they were on clearance) and DS2 found some good running stuffs too. Tried there and Title Nine and still didn't find any oiselle I couldn't live without. Gonna try my LRS again tho, he said he'd get more in. Hanging with Mary was awesome too! Nice to shop with someone other than my guys! No pix tho, I'm sporting my road trip look :P

2014-05-24 7:58 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Actually, I think there were some skirt sports sun dresses there. Awesome store! I found some Brooks (pure drifts rather than my usual pure connects because they were on clearance) and DS2 found some good running stuffs too. Tried there and Title Nine and still didn't find any oiselle I couldn't live without. Gonna try my LRS again tho, he said he'd get more in. Hanging with Mary was awesome too! Nice to shop with someone other than my guys! No pix tho, I'm sporting my road trip look :P
2 manatees in one place usually means trouble! By any chance did you find a 3 ft bottle of wine at the store? I understand drinking one is proper etiquette for a manatee meeting
2014-05-24 8:19 PM

User image

Master

2 manatees in one place usually means trouble! By any chance did you find a 3 ft bottle of wine at the store? I understand drinking one is proper etiquette for a manatee meeting
Especially with a race the next day :P Hey! You survived your three hour drive.
2014-05-24 8:20 PM
in reply to: #4996915

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Actually... I was telling Mary that all of my Manatee meets have involved coffee. I met Felicia at the coffe shop in the airport, we met Erin and fam at Sbux before a hike and met Mary at Sbux before shopping.
2014-05-24 8:27 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Especially with a race the next day :P Hey! You survived your three hour drive.
I did, thankfully I had an interesting audio book
2014-05-24 8:27 PM

User image

Master
Originally posted in hand,y laffinrock

What? You guys didn't buy out the store?!?! Cool you got to meet up "Road trip look" simply means Starbucks in hand, right?

2014-05-24 8:30 PM
in reply to: brigby1

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by brigby1

Ran in the Headlamp Hustle 10k trail run last night up by Madison. Lack of running really showed as that was tough. Not exactly an easy course either. Half true single track and half side-of-the-highway mowing type path across fields.

Also did the Blackhawk Country Roads ride in Rockton this morning, 65 mile route.

And for Monica, met another out there in a fully Betty Designs get up. Asked if she was on the team since she could move along fairly well, but no.

2014-05-24 8:31 PM

User image

Master
Orlando
Originally posted by rrrunnerActually... I was telling Mary that all of my Manatee meets have involved coffee. I met Felicia at the coffe shop in the airport, we met Erin and fam at Sbux before a hike and met Mary at Sbux before shopping.
my meeting with Chris took place in a bar the night before my HIM. So maybe the formula is : if the manatee meet up is before a race, alcohol is the required drink; if not, SBux rules.
2014-05-24 8:35 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

A night trail run sounds like fun!
2014-05-24 8:41 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Originally posted in hand,y laffinrock

What? You guys didn't buy out the store?!?! Cool you got to meet up "Road trip look" simply means Starbucks in hand, right?
Would you believe we only had 3 Sbux stops today?! Crazy right?!
2014-05-24 8:44 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Originally posted by rrrunnerActually... I was telling Mary that all of my Manatee meets have involved coffee. I met Felicia at the coffe shop in the airport, we met Erin and fam at Sbux before a hike and met Mary at Sbux before shopping.
my meeting with Chris took place in a bar the night before my HIM. So maybe the formula is : if the manatee meet up is before a race, alcohol is the required drink; if not, SBux rules.
That works! I'm still liking the idea of meeting up with Janyne (for some reason my phone puts her name in all caps) in Vegas. That could take things to a whole new level!

2014-05-24 8:49 PM

User image

Master

Full moon? hehehe! (I've been in the car for almost 9hrs. Cut me some slack.)
2014-05-24 9:31 PM

User image

Denver, CO

That works! I'm still liking the idea of meeting up with Janyne (for some reason my phone puts her name in all caps) in Vegas. That could take things to a whole new level!

Forgot to mention that I had fun shopping with TJ too AND got a great tip from her on OWS opportunities around here.  I didn't manage to consume either alcohol or coffee; that's probably what kept me from buying a whole lot more stuff!  Guess we'll just have to save that for the next meet-up (grinning and rubbing hands together in anticipation...)

2014-05-24 10:34 PM

User image

Melon Presser

GO B-B- ... Bobby?

Too late, but at least you weren't for or in your events congratulations!

2014-05-24 10:57 PM

Master
Northern IL

Part of the swag was a little headlamp. They also started early enough that most everyone could get around before it really got dark out. So more twilight in the later parts. 

2014-05-24 10:58 PM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

GO B-B- ... Bobby?

Too late, but at least you weren't for or in your events congratulations!

I'll find something else to do in the next couple days. 

2014-05-25 6:49 AM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
WE DIDNT GET WET!!!

Got our 12k walk done in less than 2 hours this morning and it didn't rain on us. Yay. Not doing a race report because it was more of just a good fast walk with friends. K really enjoyed herself and is going to do another one in August (with her daughter) and is going to do a tri with me in November too.
2014-05-25 6:54 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Went shoe shopping on Friday and just couldn't bring myself to pay $220 for a pair of Brooks Adrenalines when I know you guys can get them over there for about half that. Phil is going to be in Brownsberg Indianapolis in a couple of weeks and he said he would pick me up some.

Can anyone suggest where the best place for him to find some would be?
2014-05-25 7:19 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Part of the swag was a little headlamp. They also started early enough that most everyone could get around before it really got dark out. So more twilight in the later parts. 

I was wondering about the viability of single track in darkness as I read this.  Then again, I managed to twist an ankle in complete daylight, so what is the difference, I guess? Will a RR be available? I am trying to gauge other peoples experiences with trail running.

2014-05-25 9:35 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Master
Originally posted by StaceyKWent shoe shopping on Friday and just couldn't bring myself to pay $220 for a pair of Brooks Adrenalines when I know you guys can get them over there for about half that. Phil is going to be in Brownsberg Indianapolis in a couple of weeks and he said he would pick me up some. Can anyone suggest where the best place for him to find some would be?
I can't says "best" because I'm obviously not from that area, but there are Dick's Sporting Goods there and they've been running sales on Brooks. Adrenaline 13s for $89 a couple of weeks ago. Might check them out online before he leaves.
New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Rss Feed  

of 100

RELATED POSTS

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : December 17, 2007
author : LukeTX04
I learned in this race that in order to finish the swim, you have to know where you are going. And in order to know where you are going, you have to learn to sight.
date : September 25, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussion on sinking hips, balance drills, open water freak-out, best breathing for open water swimming and head position.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.