Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 59

2013-08-01 4:40 AM
in reply to: caffer

User image

Master
Livonia, MI
Subject: RE: 100d x 10m = 1 strong core

Originally posted by caffer Checking in for Monday and today. Did Insanity cardio abs yesterday, it went a little something like this... 17 minutes total Idea here is that you concentrate on holding abs in tight during all of the following exercises Jog in place High Knees with arms above head High knees with twist (bring elbow down to opposite knee) Jump rope (rotate your hands like you are jumping rode while jumping) Tuck jumps Wide tuck jumps (bring elbows down to meet knees when you tuck jump) C-Sit twists (sit on floor, back about 45 deg off floor hold abs in tight and twist upper body side to side) C-Sit twists with knee lift (same as above but you bring opposite knee p to meet your elbow as you twist) A frame abs (same sit position but you form an A with your arms and bring side to side, up over your head as you pass in front of your body) A frame abs with knee raise (same as above but you alternately bring your knee up in between your arms as you come down) Sit in 45 degree position and just hold Knee tuck lift (sit on floor with legs out in front of you, lift one leg off the floor, bring knee into chest, go back straight, keep leg straight and raise up 45 deg off floor, repeat. do for 30 sec then change legs Same as above but with both legs Spiderman side leg in top of pushup position Same thing as above but faster with jump when you switch legs Spiderman side leg in plank position Plank to pushup hold with pelvic flex (this was kind on strange, felt a little dirty) There was rest periods and such in between exercises. Total time was 17 minutes. Did 3 minute of plank to get to 20 minutes. Some stuff was hard. Not to bad, i guess. Today: 1 min each Plank to pushup hold with side leg extension (Start in plank position go up to pushup position leading with right hand, go back down come up on left, go back down, lift left leg slightly on floor swing out about 30 degrees (2 times), swing right leg out two times. Repeat for 1 min V-Abs Superman (get in pushup position lift right arm out in front and left leg up, balance, switch) Mountain Climber Push up combo (get in pushup position bring left leg in toward your chin, then your right, then take left leg out toward your right elbow, then right leg out toward your left elbow, then do a pushup) repeat for one minute Did 5 sets for a total of 20 minutes. Did this workout in my hotel room, I was breathing pretty heavy and grunting during this workout. Probably sounded pretty odd from the hallway......

Wow, nice work!  Someone is stuck in a less than exciting city for work and sitting bored in a hotel room Laughing

2013-08-01 6:21 AM
in reply to: noelle1230

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by noelle1230

Originally posted by caffer Checking in for Monday and today. Did Insanity cardio abs yesterday, it went a little something like this... 17 minutes total Idea here is that you concentrate on holding abs in tight during all of the following exercises Jog in place High Knees with arms above head High knees with twist (bring elbow down to opposite knee) Jump rope (rotate your hands like you are jumping rode while jumping) Tuck jumps Wide tuck jumps (bring elbows down to meet knees when you tuck jump) C-Sit twists (sit on floor, back about 45 deg off floor hold abs in tight and twist upper body side to side) C-Sit twists with knee lift (same as above but you bring opposite knee p to meet your elbow as you twist) A frame abs (same sit position but you form an A with your arms and bring side to side, up over your head as you pass in front of your body) A frame abs with knee raise (same as above but you alternately bring your knee up in between your arms as you come down) Sit in 45 degree position and just hold Knee tuck lift (sit on floor with legs out in front of you, lift one leg off the floor, bring knee into chest, go back straight, keep leg straight and raise up 45 deg off floor, repeat. do for 30 sec then change legs Same as above but with both legs Spiderman side leg in top of pushup position Same thing as above but faster with jump when you switch legs Spiderman side leg in plank position Plank to pushup hold with pelvic flex (this was kind on strange, felt a little dirty) There was rest periods and such in between exercises. Total time was 17 minutes. Did 3 minute of plank to get to 20 minutes. Some stuff was hard. Not to bad, i guess. Today: 1 min each Plank to pushup hold with side leg extension (Start in plank position go up to pushup position leading with right hand, go back down come up on left, go back down, lift left leg slightly on floor swing out about 30 degrees (2 times), swing right leg out two times. Repeat for 1 min V-Abs Superman (get in pushup position lift right arm out in front and left leg up, balance, switch) Mountain Climber Push up combo (get in pushup position bring left leg in toward your chin, then your right, then take left leg out toward your right elbow, then right leg out toward your left elbow, then do a pushup) repeat for one minute Did 5 sets for a total of 20 minutes. Did this workout in my hotel room, I was breathing pretty heavy and grunting during this workout. Probably sounded pretty odd from the hallway......

Wow, nice work!  Someone is stuck in a less than exciting city for work and sitting bored in a hotel room Laughing

I just have to give major props to this workout.  It looks hard.  And in a hotel room?  That's just all sorts of motivated.  Strong work.

2013-08-01 8:21 AM
in reply to: switch

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member
Originally posted by switch

I just have to give major props to this workout.  It looks hard.  And in a hotel room?  That's just all sorts of motivated.  Strong work.

Agreed.  Good stuff.

Hopefully I can replicate when I'm in Atlanta Burbs next week.  The hotel has a gym with core equipment and the room has an alarm clock (yeah, I know, I'm old).  No excuses!

2013-08-01 2:21 PM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

Elite
Madison, Wisconsin

So I have made some improvement. Have lost 12 lbs and can see my abs again...sort of.:/

2013-08-01 3:03 PM
in reply to: amyjotris

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by amyjotris

So I have made some improvement. Have lost 12 lbs and can see my abs again...sort of.:/

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! HELLZ YES!

That is AWESOME!  They look great :)

12lbs?  NICE!

And gentleman, we are only down by one.  Thank you Amy Jo!

2013-08-01 4:53 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

That is AWESOME!  They look great

12lbs?  NICE!

Gentleman, who you callin' gentlemen?!?

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/Albums/Album/16979

Amy jo, you are in the album. Good work.

2013-08-01 5:49 PM

User image

Master

Wowwweeee! Nice work Laughing

And thanks for posting an update for the our totals. +1 more...yes!

2013-08-01 9:43 PM

User image

Veteran
Ferndale
Originally posted by jmhpsu93

Agreed.  Good stuff.

Hopefully I can replicate when I'm in Atlanta Burbs next week.  The hotel has a gym with core equipment and the room has an alarm clock (yeah, I know, I'm old).  No excuses!

Thanks guys!!!! I love reading everyone's workouts, struggles, and successes. Injuries, time constraints, bike crashes, kids and dogs crawling on you when trying to workout. Ya'll are a very motivating bunch!

Dinner meeting this evening. Few beers, this was a long 10 minutes.

8 Count Crunch (1 min)
Rest (15 Sec)
Bicycle (1 min)
Rest (15 Sec)
Spiderman side leg in pushup position (1 min)
Rest (15 Sec)
Plank Combo [Center, Right, Center, Left, Center] (1 min each)
Rest (15 sec)
Dying bug (1 min)
Rest (15 Sec)
Leg Up Crunch up toe touch (1 min)

Don't think I look that much different but I definitely feel stronger in my core. Maybe I'll post a progress pic so you guys can judge.

Good night!!

2013-08-01 9:46 PM

User image

Veteran
Ferndale

12lbs?  NICE!

Wow, nice work!!

Switch, if I post progress pic does that count toward the men's pic count?
2013-08-02 5:41 AM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Elite
Madison, Wisconsin
Glad I can help!!! Anything for da ladies..
2013-08-02 5:48 AM
in reply to: caffer

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by caffer

12lbs?  NICE!

Wow, nice work!!Switch, if I post progress pic does that count toward the men's pic count?
Yes, yes ot does.

2013-08-02 12:25 PM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Today's core workout, after a swim:

2 x 21 pushups, 1' recovery
Abcoaster, Iso Crunch bench, Back bridges
bicycle kicks, oblique work
2 x 21 pushups, uh, make that 1 x 21 and 1 x 15 pushups

This workout murders me.

2013-08-02 12:36 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

This workout murders me.

I'm gonna try this after my run, but I'm gonna have to sub for the abcoaster.

What's magic about the 21?

BTW, did three sets of walking lunges with single leg lift (behind) for 100yds each yesterday. 

LOL.  Yeah, that left a mark.

2013-08-02 1:16 PM

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

Solid work Amy!  Man, aren't we just a bunch of sexy ladies Kiss

2013-08-02 2:27 PM
in reply to: noelle1230

User image

Elite
Madison, Wisconsin
Thanks Amy!! We are sexay!!  
2013-08-02 10:17 PM

User image

Master

FINALLY  got back at it today.  20 minutes worth of

crunches

scissors

donkey kicks (extra ab recruitment while playing tug with one of the dogs...)

abduction donkey kicks

bridges

marching bridges

superman

two point balance

It's a start back at it...

2013-08-03 12:43 AM
in reply to: bcraht

User image

Master
Originally posted by bcraht

FINALLY  got back at it today.  20 minutes worth of

crunches

scissors

donkey kicks (extra ab recruitment while playing tug with one of the dogs...)

abduction donkey kicks

bridges

marching bridges

superman

two point balance

It's a start back at it...

Hiya, world traveler! Way to jump right back in...after some post trip recovery, of course Wink Fun pics in your log!

2013-08-03 10:14 AM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

This workout murders me.

I'm gonna try this after my run, but I'm gonna have to sub for the abcoaster.

What's magic about the 21?

BTW, did three sets of walking lunges with single leg lift (behind) for 100yds each yesterday. 

LOL.  Yeah, that left a mark.

It's one higher than the 20 each set I did last week.  Smile

2013-08-03 10:15 AM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

5K race (first race in over two years):

Casey Cares 5K Race Report

2013-08-04 12:03 AM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

5K race (first race in over two years):

Casey Cares 5K Race Report

Great job on your 5k!! I did a 5k today, too. We are out of town and found a race up the road at about midnight last night while looking online for a place to go for a run in the morning. Was a fun race but I was hurting after being sick on Thursday. Got my core in though.
2013-08-04 10:32 AM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

New user
Hi guys, I guess I am a dropout on this challenge!
My Mom fell and broke her hip three weeks ago, then my brother in law passed away a week ago.
I was already in catch up mode on our challenge but now there will be no catching up for me!

Glad to say my Mom is doing well in rehab.

Happy training guys!

Mary

2013-08-04 11:50 AM
in reply to: Chunga

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by Chunga Hi guys, I guess I am a dropout on this challenge! :( My Mom fell and broke her hip three weeks ago, then my brother in law passed away a week ago. I was already in catch up mode on our challenge but now there will be no catching up for me! Glad to say my Mom is doing well in rehab. Happy training guys! Mary

Chunga, I'm sorry about all that's been going on in your life.  I have been wondering where you were.

Please feel free to jump back in with us if that works in your life right now--or jump back in whenever it life allows.  We'd love to have you.

Glad your mom is on the mend.  Hugs:)

2013-08-04 9:08 PM

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI
Vacation is over, but I did get my 10 minutes in every day. *Way* too much drinking over the past week, so the runs and the core work were sometimes a little harder than I would've liked, but I'm still good to go.
2013-08-05 8:56 AM
in reply to: MSU_Brad

User image

Veteran
Ferndale
Showoff.....

Seriously, good job!

Went "up north' this weekend with the family to my father-in-law's cottage. Did nothing Saturday or Sunday......

Back at it today!

I will try to post up a progress pic this week.

2013-08-05 12:01 PM
in reply to: MSU_Brad

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Originally posted by MSU_Brad Vacation is over, but I did get my 10 minutes in every day. *Way* too much drinking over the past week, so the runs and the core work were sometimes a little harder than I would've liked, but I'm still good to go.

Good job on sticking with it while on vacation.  I think that's the toughest time to keep a routine.

I wasn't able to workout at all yesterday while out of town.  Every minute was consumed from the time I got up until getting home about midnight.  I just had to let it go and not stress about it.  Took my son to the zoo so got a lot of walking in.  The drive home was about six hours. 

New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » 100d x 10m = 1 strong core Rss Feed  

of 59

RELATED POSTS

MARCH ABS / CORE RESULTS

Started by hazmaster
Views: 1421 Posts: 3

2007-04-03 4:11 PM annie

ABS CORE - End of Week #3

Started by hazmaster
Views: 2065 Posts: 19

2007-04-03 7:41 AM saling4

MARCH ABS / CORE - 2ND WEEK!

Started by hazmaster
Views: 1733 Posts: 14

2007-03-26 4:13 PM tritwinmom

ABS / CORE MARCH CHALLENGE - TEAM LIST Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by hazmaster
Views: 10580 Posts: 121

2007-03-20 3:06 PM hazmaster

May Core Strengthening Challenge Pages: 1 2 3

Started by madkat
Views: 5610 Posts: 52

2006-06-03 2:57 PM madkat
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 22, 2010
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 1
Will you will finish your next triathlon swim strong, or will you run out of steam before you even start the majority of your race?

date : September 3, 2006
author : BobbyMcgee
comments : 2
Why triathletes must absolutely warm up, activate muscles, strengthen core, and stretch effectively.
date : July 26, 2006
author : Ron
How do you know if your strength training is effective? Are you getting stronger? Several training log graphs can lend a clue.

date : June 4, 2006
author : mikericci
comments : 2
Weight training and core strength information and links for the silver/gold plans.
date : January 30, 2006
author : Iron MaYden
comments : 0
The goal of this program is simple – for the cyclist to have IMPROVED performance when the next season rolls around, not merely to maintain last season’s fitness.

date : June 14, 2005
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 3
Top swimmers rotate the core of the body from one side to the other while keeping the head fixed. When you rotate in this way, you move through the water more like a fish, maximizing your efficiency.
date : May 3, 2005
author : Team BT
comments : 55
A strong core will allow you to keep optimal body alignment for whatever you’re doing (swim, bike or run), and this in turn will reduce your fatigue in the long run.

date : March 21, 2005
author : Manny
Train your core! The following program is designed for an in-season triathlete, can be done anywhere and with no equipment.