BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors 2013: CLOSED (exc/ Pop Tart bribes) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 440

2013-10-17 1:52 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Veteran
East Texas
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors 2013: CLOSED (exc/ Pop Tart bribes)
Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by JJ-What do you eat pre-race dinner? I know now is not the time to experiment. I usually have a black bean pizza with lots of veggies on it and no cheese the night before a long workout. I'm wondering if this is TOO fibrous for a 70.3 race.What's your favorite?
I would be afraid with that much fiber! I usually keep it simple,eg, chicken breast, some veggies, a roll or something similar. Of course, I will have to rethink this approach for my HIM as I am pretty much all vegetarian these days.

ETA: I forgot the most important thing - beer! I always have a beer or 2.

yea that's what I was thinking about the fiber. Maybe I'll go traditional spagetti

2013-10-17 1:52 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.
Originally posted by Asalzwed

Originally posted by Richardsdrr Wtf. I thought the pod was too quiet. My page has been stuck on Felicia's post until I just replied to it just now. Now I have a few pages to go back through. Salty, finally got around to reading you RR' that have been open on my browser for the last few days. Way to go you dog hurdling, cow bell nutting OAP. This is for Switch...hard as fach... http://www.everymantri.com/everyman_triathlon/2010/02/wild-and-craz...

Thank you sir. Dare I ask what an OAP is? I am almost certain I don't want to know.

Got the OA from your Over All Gender win, added the P(ee) to give it a slightly different meaning. In the UK it stands for Old Age Pensioner. Thought I'd have a break from "old trout".
2013-10-17 1:56 PM
in reply to: JJ-

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Originally posted by JJ-
Originally posted by JJ-What do you eat pre-race dinner? I know now is not the time to experiment. I usually have a black bean pizza with lots of veggies on it and no cheese the night before a long workout. I'm wondering if this is TOO fibrous for a 70.3 race.What's your favorite?
I would be afraid with that much fiber! I usually keep it simple,eg, chicken breast, some veggies, a roll or something similar. Of course, I will have to rethink this approach for my HIM as I am pretty much all vegetarian these days.

yea that's what I was thinking about the fiber. Maybe I'll go traditional spagetti
Night before my HIM I had lobster tacos. Mmmmmm
2013-10-17 1:58 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

The night before will be something that I KNOW will be fine on my stomach:  Chicken, rice, pasta, veggies.

Whatever you do, DO NOT have a 3ft tall bottle of wine the night before.  Trust me on this. 

2013-10-17 1:58 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by JJ- What do you eat pre-race dinner? I know now is not the time to experiment. I usually have a black bean pizza with lots of veggies on it and no cheese the night before a long workout. I'm wondering if this is TOO fibrous for a 70.3 race. What's your favorite?

Pizza.  We often go to Mellow Mushroom.  Mega-veggie is my favorite.

2013-10-17 1:59 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Veteran
East Texas
Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

The night before will be something that I KNOW will be fine on my stomach:  Chicken, rice, pasta, veggies.

Whatever you do, DO NOT have a 3ft tall bottle of wine the night before.  Trust me on this. 

lol

2013-10-17 2:00 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Veteran
East Texas
Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by JJ- What do you eat pre-race dinner? I know now is not the time to experiment. I usually have a black bean pizza with lots of veggies on it and no cheese the night before a long workout. I'm wondering if this is TOO fibrous for a 70.3 race. What's your favorite?

Ok, I have found something here. I did a search on ST and Pizza is the most common result. Even among the Pros. I wonder why everyone likes pizza so much. Seems like all the greese would be hard on the stomach. and Cheese? Doesn't effect you?
2013-10-17 2:00 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

So you were planning on two shorter bottles of wine for B2B?  ;-)

2013-10-17 2:02 PM

User image

Veteran
East Texas
And I was considering a beer or 2 to help calm nerves but wasn't sure. Now may have to try that. I don't ever have a beer before long workout currently
2013-10-17 2:07 PM

User image

Seattle
Anything but Jalepenos. That's the one thing that doesn't work for me.
2013-10-17 2:09 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by JJ-

Ok, I have found something here. I did a search on ST and Pizza is the most common result. Even among the Pros. I wonder why everyone likes pizza so much. Seems like all the greese would be hard on the stomach. and Cheese? Doesn't effect you?

I guess part of that (the reaction to grease, cheese, etc.) is individual.  Either pizza or a chicken breast/pasta or potato/veggie meal is my go-to meals the night before a race.  Although I somehow survived eating a Cajun meal once...

2013-10-17 2:10 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by JJ-

I've been doing that for years.  YMMV.

2013-10-17 2:13 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
East Texas

Originally posted by JJ-

I've been doing that for years.  YMMV.

Hmmm... I may try a healthier home cooked version, like BBQ chicken pizza

Edit: and of course a 3 foot tall bottle of wine

Edited by JJ- 2013-10-17 2:13 PM
2013-10-17 2:15 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
I've done pizza and beer before sprint and Oly with no issues
2013-10-17 2:25 PM

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by JJ-

It does affect me. I save it for post race. I have to watch how much breads in general though. Not a gluten issue so much as air building up, so anything with a lot of it can give me issues if I eat it too often.

2013-10-17 2:29 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
DS2 and I are having a text discussion about the race Sunday. Clothing, nutrition, logistics... So 'cited!!!!!!!!

2013-10-17 2:32 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by rrrunner DS2 and I are having a text discussion about the race Sunday. Clothing, nutrition, logistics... So 'cited!!!!!!!!

Yeah, my "notes to self" about next weekend are getting fairly lengthly!

2013-10-17 2:40 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

What size bottle do you recommend?
2013-10-17 2:45 PM

User image

Master
Orlando
So, this is what my desk looks like right now, but rather than working on cleaning it up I am more interested in the discussion of food and drink ( mainly drink). You people are a bad influence.

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
image.jpg (1416KB - 7 downloads)
2013-10-17 2:47 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by rrrunner DS2 and I are having a text discussion about the race Sunday. Clothing, nutrition, logistics... So 'cited!!!!!!!!

Yeah, flying to Denver is really forcing me to limit what I bring. Not liking that.
2013-10-17 2:56 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Maybe just A glass... wow... lookit that!!  I think I may have actually learned something from that experience! 

2013-10-17 2:58 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

I'm trying to hold off on all my OCD note/list making that I'll do until this weekend.  Otherwise it could get ugggg-ly!

2013-10-17 2:58 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by amd723 So, this is what my desk looks like right now, but rather than working on cleaning it up I am more interested in the discussion of food and drink ( mainly drink). You people are a bad influence.

Your desk is on the ceiling?  You might want to call someone about that... 

2013-10-17 3:01 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Maybe just A glass... wow... lookit that!!  I think I may have actually learned something from that experience! 

How large of a glass?  Since you are flying in, do you want me to get one for you and deliver it?  ;-)

2013-10-17 3:02 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master

Important things first before I see what's going on in manatee land.

Well, that's no fun! Why are we still having posting issues??

Edited by 4agoodlife 2013-10-17 3:10 PM

Attachments
----------------
IMG_8973988420666.jpeg (16KB - 13 downloads)
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors 2013: CLOSED (exc/ Pop Tart bribes) Rss Feed  

of 440