BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors 2013: CLOSED (exc/ Pop Tart bribes) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 440

2013-10-17 6:10 PM
in reply to: QueenZipp

User image

Seattle
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors 2013: CLOSED (exc/ Pop Tart bribes)

Originally posted by QueenZipp

Salty, I had a rabbit to chase on my run tonight and he was quite good looking and speedy.  While I wasn't up to his speed the mental image of a rabbit to chase kept my mind focused in the area I zone out in so another enjoyable run this week.  We are on a streak of positiveness

So happy to hear this! We are talking a fast man and not a literal rabbit, correct? 

2013-10-17 6:15 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Salty, I had a rabbit to chase on my run tonight and he was quite good looking and speedy.  While I wasn't up to his speed the mental image of a rabbit to chase kept my mind focused in the area I zone out in so another enjoyable run this week.  We are on a streak of positiveness

So happy to hear this! We are talking a fast man and not a literal rabbit, correct? 

A fast and good looking man

2013-10-17 6:29 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

*hangshead* Judi, I've failed you. I guess I just sorta assumed you, um, knew. The power of pace booty is real. It can't be denied. It puts a certain spring in your step. A certain je ne sais quoi. A streak of positiveness indeed! Chase that hotass girlfriend
2013-10-17 6:36 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by switch

*hangshead* Judi, I've failed you. I guess I just sorta assumed you, um, knew. The power of pace booty is real. It can't be denied. It puts a certain spring in your step. A certain je ne sais quoi. A streak of positiveness indeed! Chase that hotass girlfriend

Does speed make up for any lack of attractiveness?

I have a friend who pretty much only dates fast people. Not joking.

2013-10-17 6:42 PM

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

You didn't fail me....I just never had pace booty in my neighborhood before.  He was HAWT!

2013-10-17 6:45 PM

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

Oh this man was fine looking and fast.....I don't think I would exclude a man because he isn't running fast--my husband refuses to run, bike or swim.  He plays golf and does the elliptical and just walks on the treadmill.  He has lost about 40 pounds in the past 8 months just taking care of his diabetes and BP....

2013-10-18 6:30 AM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
I'm very glad to hear that your Government has got their Shyte together and that those of you that work for the federal government can either get back to work or get paid!!!
2013-10-18 7:26 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Monica, have you seen this video?  I know some people are freaking about the grating on the bridge near the end of the bike.  It's as I thought.  Check out right around 2:00.

2013-10-18 8:40 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by jmkizer

Monica, have you seen this video?  I know some people are freaking about the grating on the bridge near the end of the bike.  It's as I thought.  Check out right around 2:00.

So Janyne and Monica is taper madness starting to set in yet?
2013-10-18 9:40 AM

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California

Originally posted by StaceyK Has anyone done a colour run before? Gonna walk on with my friend K in a couple of weeks, do I wear old shoes that I can throw away if I need to after? My current running shoes aren't that old and cost me $250 so I don't want to wreck them. (Yes shoes are damn expensive here!)

I have.  I still wear the shoes I wore to the color run.  They are black, so I can't speak a lot to staining.  Mostly they look dusty.

2013-10-18 9:43 AM

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California

Originally posted by StaceyK HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUTTI!!! Jen how did the interview go? I normally have hot chips (fries) and BBQ sauce the night before a race but I only do sprints

I think it went well.  It was a really long day and the jerks next door kept me awake most of Wednesday night.  I'm not sure I'm what they are looking for, but I presented myself well. 7 interviews + a seminar.  It'll be a few weeks before I hear back as they are all at a conference next week.  My plane was late getting back last night and then I woke up super early today.  Tomorrow is for sleeping!

2013-10-18 9:44 AM

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California

Originally posted by StaceyK I'm very glad to hear that your Government has got their Shyte together and that those of you that work for the federal government can either get back to work or get paid!!!

I'm happy that all the government science resources work again!  PubMed has been all sorts of weird during the shutdown.

2013-10-18 10:11 AM
in reply to: Artemis

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by Artemis

Originally posted by StaceyK HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUTTI!!! Jen how did the interview go? I normally have hot chips (fries) and BBQ sauce the night before a race but I only do sprints

I think it went well.  It was a really long day and the jerks next door kept me awake most of Wednesday night.  I'm not sure I'm what they are looking for, but I presented myself well. 7 interviews + a seminar.  It'll be a few weeks before I hear back as they are all at a conference next week.  My plane was late getting back last night and then I woke up super early today.  Tomorrow is for sleeping!

That's faching cruel and unusual punishment.  Who in the hell makes someone interview with 7 different people? And a seminar?  You are a strong, strong woman.

Glad it went well   Fingers crossed for you!

2013-10-18 10:16 AM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Salty, I had a rabbit to chase on my run tonight and he was quite good looking and speedy.  While I wasn't up to his speed the mental image of a rabbit to chase kept my mind focused in the area I zone out in so another enjoyable run this week.  We are on a streak of positiveness :)

*hangshead* Judi, I've failed you. I guess I just sorta assumed you, um, knew. The power of pace booty is real. It can't be denied. It puts a certain spring in your step. A certain je ne sais quoi. A streak of positiveness indeed! Chase that hotass girlfriend;)

Good question.  I'm gonna go with yes.

To me, attractiveness is often seriously heightened by someone being really good at something.  It doesn't have to be athletics, but it often is.  Actually, looks, in and of themselves, aren't very high on my list.  smart>funny>good at something>kind..................>textbook "good looking".  I should probably rank kindness higher, but my track record would reveal I'd be lying.

2013-10-18 11:21 AM

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

7 interviews plus a presentation  WOWSA that is ONE hellacious interview process!!

2013-10-18 11:22 AM

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

Happy birthday to Mutti d=from the POD of the Manatees!!!!!

2013-10-18 11:32 AM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Thanks for sharing this Janyne - I just watched it... is the grating really that bad?  Some of the bridges in Chicago have the grating across them and I've never had a problem riding over them. 

2013-10-18 11:33 AM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by StaceyK

So Janyne and Monica is taper madness starting to set in yet?

Thankfully I don't think it's hit full-on madness yet.  I'm expecting that to start some time tomorrow when I begin to make all the various lists of stuff that I want/need to pack... and then make new lists.  And then question everything on the lists.  And then throw those lists out and make entirely new lists.... 

2013-10-18 11:35 AM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

That's faching cruel and unusual punishment.  Who in the hell makes someone interview with 7 different people? And a seminar?  You are a strong, strong woman.

Holy CRAP!  7 interviews???  That's just faching mean.  

Way to kick butt Jen!!  

2013-10-18 11:37 AM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Thanks for sharing this Janyne - I just watched it... is the grating really that bad?  Some of the bridges in Chicago have the grating across them and I've never had a problem riding over them. 

Curious about these "some people" as I'm having trouble seeing what exactly the problem is? A few bumps in there?

2013-10-18 11:56 AM

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California

The position is basically an internal consultant, so I'd be working with different groups.  I think a big part of this process is making sure that I am personable and someone they could see themselves working with.  But, yeah, it's brutal. 

2013-10-18 12:07 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!

October 19-20
Salty - Emerald City Open XC on Saturday
TJ - Rock n Roll Denver half marathon on Sunday

Disabled list:
Yanti - our DL headliner!
Jen - stress fracture recovery
Jo - broken wrist

If you have any color requests, please get them.  So far I have:
Salty - Orange
Felicia - Pink
Erin - Sky Blue
TJ - Burgundy
Kirsten - Orange
Monica - Blue/Red/Wine
Janyne - Purple
Kate - Forest Green

Tom's birthday is October 18.  Happy birthday Tom!

2013-10-18 12:08 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

That required endurance!

2013-10-18 12:44 PM

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California

Racing Manatees!

October 19-20
Salty - Emerald City Open XC on Saturday
TJ - Rock n Roll Denver half marathon on Sunday

Disabled list:
Yanti - our DL headliner!
Jen - stress fracture recovery
Jo - broken wrist

If you have any color requests, please get them.  So far I have:
Salty - Orange
Felicia - Pink
Erin - Sky Blue
TJ - Burgundy
Kirsten - Orange
Monica - Blue/Red/Wine
Janyne - Purple
Kate - Forest Green

Tom's birthday is October 18.  Happy birthday Tom!

GOOOOOO MANATEES!!

I can go off the disabled list!!  I can start training again, but have to take it easy.

Can I please have light purple?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TOM!!!!!

2013-10-18 12:50 PM
in reply to: #4723700

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Happy Birthday Tom!!!

Go Salty!!!
Go me!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors 2013: CLOSED (exc/ Pop Tart bribes) Rss Feed  

of 440