BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors 2013: CLOSED (exc/ Pop Tart bribes) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 440

2013-10-23 2:21 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors 2013: CLOSED (exc/ Pop Tart bribes)

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Per my TT post, I was trying to solve my insole issue for my racing flats.

I contacted Running Warehouse, just to ask if they could recommend an adhesive or if I should contact NB. I got an immediate response from them, just telling me to ship my shoes back to them (for free) and they would exchange. 

I told them I had a race in a week and a half and was curious if I should just wait until after to send them back. Their customer service rep AGAIN promptly responded that my new shoes were being shipped 2nd day air, shortly. 

So happy with them.

It's amazing, especially in this day of FB and twitter and interweb stuff in general, that more companies do not understand the power of this kind of customer service.  You have literally now told hundreds of people this story--just through a post or two.  I have never purchased anything from Running Warehouse before, but guess what? I freakin will now. 

Recognize big business. Recognize.

2013-10-23 2:22 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

I contacted Running Warehouse, just to ask if they could recommend an adhesive or if I should contact NB. I got an immediate response from them, just telling me to ship my shoes back to them (for free) and they would exchange. 

I told them I had a race in a week and a half and was curious if I should just wait until after to send them back. Their customer service rep AGAIN promptly responded that my new shoes were being shipped 2nd day air, shortly. 

So happy with them.

Way cool
2013-10-23 2:27 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by switch

So happy with them.

It's amazing, especially in this day of FB and twitter and interweb stuff in general, that more companies do not understand the power of this kind of customer service.  You have literally now told hundreds of people this story--just through a post or two.  I have never purchased anything from Running Warehouse before, but guess what? I freakin will now. 

I was thinking this very same thing - I've never even thought of buying from them before, but I've now Googled their site, what shoes they have in my size, and what I might want to order.  All from Salty's experience with them.  

2013-10-23 2:28 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

So happy with them.

That kind of response is pretty cool. 

Switch, more companies are taking notice of the power of Social Media Marketing. Not as many as should, but it is starting. And is is exactly because of the power of these sorts of things. Pretty cool indeed.

2013-10-23 2:30 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

So happy with them.

I was thinking this very same thing - I've never even thought of buying from them before, but I've now Googled their site, what shoes they have in my size, and what I might want to order.  All from Salty's experience with them.  

I've had good luck -- well good service really -- from both Running Warehouse and Swim Outlet (including returns).

2013-10-23 2:42 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by jmkizer

So happy with them.

I've had good luck -- well good service really -- from both Running Warehouse and Swim Outlet (including returns).

I've liked both of those as well. Haven't had to return anything to Swim Outlet yet. RW has actually said to just order both sizes of a shoe and return what doesn't fit. Some of the online companies really get it with service. It can be easier to find something there even though you can't actually try it on immediately. The Shoefitr has been incredibly valuable in understanding the cut of various shoes. I'm hard to fit and have nailed it every time with this.

2013-10-23 2:47 PM

User image

Seattle

So happy with them.

Yeah. And I not only e-mailed the rep, thanking them profusely but I posted on their facebook (and here.)

I am learning so much from Carnegie BTW (My departure to this topic just stems from thanking people genuinely when they deserve it)

Seriously. If I can retain even half of this stuff, I am going to be at least a 75% better human being

2013-10-23 2:59 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

So happy with them.

I use both RW and SO too. They are delights to deal with.
2013-10-23 3:02 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

So happy with them.

Yeah. And I not only e-mailed the rep, thanking them profusely but I posted on their facebook (and here.)

I am learning so much from Carnegie BTW (My departure to this topic just stems from thanking people genuinely when they deserve it)

Seriously. If I can retain even half of this stuff, I am going to be at least a 75% better human being

Maybe we should add Carnegie to the BT book club list :)

2013-10-23 3:03 PM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

Originally posted by brigby1

So happy with them.

I've liked both of those as well. Haven't had to return anything to Swim Outlet yet. RW has actually said to just order both sizes of a shoe and return what doesn't fit. Some of the online companies really get it with service. It can be easier to find something there even though you can't actually try it on immediately. The Shoefitr has been incredibly valuable in understanding the cut of various shoes. I'm hard to fit and have nailed it every time with this.

I have had to return things to Swim Outlet, their service was as good as what I got from Brooks a week or so ago with the shoes I needed to exchange.  When a company provides outstanding customer service it is definitely noted in my book  I think since more companies have pages on social media sites like FB or twitter accounts they take seriously the impact of both positive and negative comments.

Sometimes I wonder if people followed up and took responsibility for the thing that was wrong in the first place if more companies would have a "good" rep for customer service.  

As one whose work tends to be customer service---I never see them face to face---but I am constantly dealing with provider offices....when something is not handled right they go ballistic and I might be the third or fourth person in a long line of employees they have spoken to so I try to take the responsibility to do what is right even if it means being on a call a lot longer than usual to let someone vent their anger.

2013-10-23 3:13 PM

User image

Seattle

So happy with them.

Maybe we should add Carnegie to the BT book club list

Geeze, for realz!!!

BTW, is your appointment tomorrow?

2013-10-23 3:20 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

So happy with them.

Maybe we should add Carnegie to the BT book club list :)

Geeze, for realz!!!

Yes--10!  (very good, btw)  I ran 5 this morning, and it feels pretty good.  I'll probably just drop a few hundred tomorrow to hear that I should not run and RICE.  Anybody want to place bets on that?

ugh.

2013-10-23 3:47 PM

User image

Seattle

So happy with them.

Maybe we should add Carnegie to the BT book club list

Geeze, for realz!!!

Yes--10!  (very good, btw)  I ran 5 this morning, and it feels pretty good.  I'll probably just drop a few hundred tomorrow to hear that I should not run and RICE.  Anybody want to place bets on that?

ugh.

That is a huge problem. I HATE feeling like that and I almost always do when it comes to Doctors, PT whatev.

I am probably one of the most proactive people when it comes to keeping my body in the best state possible for running. And if I were injured, I would be totally willing to do whatever (barring it be legal ...) it took to accelerate the process (whether that be not running, ART, ice, whatever)

The problem is, how do you know who to trust? Even if Jo Schmoe the PT  considers himself a "runner" how do you know you can trust that what he tells you is the most direct route from point A to point B?

And no one can probably answer that question definitively, because we are all so unique. 

Sorry, that was my lil rant for today. 

2013-10-23 3:51 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by cdban66

You have to kind of pick and choose who you follow, some folks go nuts. DO NOT follow Rev3 on race day, it gets nuts.  I'll also add someone during a period of time or event, then unfollow when the event is over.

Yep, this happened with Kona.  My twitter feed was nothing but time splits which got old really, really fast.  

I have to ask -- what is everyone's twitter id?

I'm @jmkizer

Also, what's your favorite twitter tool?  I've been using TweetDeck at work.  I just keep it running off to the side.  I'm not good about following twitter at home.  Or FB either for that matter.  I just don't spend a lot of time online at home -- Words With Friends being the big exception there!

@mpayton15. Llike most of the others, I tweet infrequently and mainly use it as an information source or entertainment.  It's also really handy for up to the minute sports goings on if the team you are following is quick about updates.

2013-10-23 4:12 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by melbo55

You have to kind of pick and choose who you follow, some folks go nuts. DO NOT follow Rev3 on race day, it gets nuts.  I'll also add someone during a period of time or event, then unfollow when the event is over.

Yep, this happened with Kona.  My twitter feed was nothing but time splits which got old really, really fast.  

I'm @jmkizer

Also, what's your favorite twitter tool?  I've been using TweetDeck at work.  I just keep it running off to the side.  I'm not good about following twitter at home.  Or FB either for that matter.  I just don't spend a lot of time online at home -- Words With Friends being the big exception there!

@mpayton15. Llike most of the others, I tweet infrequently and mainly use it as an information source or entertainment.  It's also really handy for up to the minute sports goings on if the team you are following is quick about updates.

It was my go to source for the Seahawks game last Thursday since the game was only on the NFL network in Chicago, and we don't get it.  Between that and the ESPN app, it was allllllmost like watching the game.   

2013-10-23 4:19 PM

User image

Seattle

I'm @jmkizer

It was my go to source for the Seahawks game last Thursday since the game was only on the NFL network in Chicago, and we don't get it.  Between that and the ESPN app, it was allllllmost like watching the game.   

gohawks

2013-10-23 8:18 PM

User image

Elite

I'm @jmkizer

@JoJoBaxas
2013-10-23 8:21 PM

User image

Seattle

I've got a question for you all.

You can be 100% honest in your answers (of course this is always encouraged )

My friend's mom started this company and as it has gained traction, my friend has actually quit her job to help out her mom. The product is basically a ... hat for your bike helmet. For the most part, the hat is just an accessory to stylize an otherwise ugly bike helmet. But they also have a waterproof version. Overall though, purely an aesthetic product. As I said, they have gained some traction and have started to make the bike expo circuits (interbike and some of the big expos in Europe and Australia etc.)

As people from a much more performance oriented world. What are your thoughts? Would you just deem it as "silly" or, for those more casual beach cruiser types of days could you actually see yourself wanting something like this? (they fit every single type of helmet) Obviously you wouldn't use it on race day or anything.

I'm not asking as part of market research or anything. And I kind of wanted to ask in TT but didn't want to sound like I was backdoor marketing .  I just know my opinion and am curious if you guys have the same thoughts. 

2013-10-23 8:23 PM
in reply to: TriAya

User image

Elite
So - we have a arthroscopy, osteotomy/osteectomy (re break boom!) and bone grafts and a plate.

Monday.

In the meantime keep it mobile - by all means go swimming.

The doctors first words today - 'Houston we have a problem'.

Below the pic from the CT scan - no that's just one bone, not two.

2013-10-23 8:29 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Elite
DP and can't attach

Edited by jobaxas 2013-10-23 8:33 PM
2013-10-23 8:30 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

My friend's mom started this company and as it has gained traction, my friend has actually quit her job to help out her mom. The product is basically a ... hat for your bike helmet. For the most part, the hat is just an accessory to stylize an otherwise ugly bike helmet. But they also have a waterproof version. Overall though, purely an aesthetic product. As I said, they have gained some traction and have started to make the bike expo circuits (interbike and some of the big expos in Europe and Australia etc.)

As people from a much more performance oriented world. What are your thoughts? Would you just deem it as "silly" or, for those more casual beach cruiser types of days could you actually see yourself wanting something like this? (they fit every single type of helmet) Obviously you wouldn't use it on race day or anything.

I'm not asking as part of market research or anything. And I kind of wanted to ask in TT but didn't want to sound like I was backdoor marketing .  I just know my opinion and am curious if you guys have the same thoughts. 

Not my cup of tea, but I could see the retirees in these parts wearing it. I think that knowing your demographic is important on this. And I could see it being used as a sun reduction/skin protection thing.

2013-10-23 8:35 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

Not my cup of tea, but I could see the retirees in these parts wearing it. I think that knowing your demographic is important on this. And I could see it being used as a sun reduction/skin protection thing.

Personally, would not wear ---but other than my swim cap, bile helmet and run cap for it's visor I will not wear hats.  Hate them.

2013-10-23 8:39 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

What is their target audience?  Most beach cruiser types don't were helmets.  I think that they are idiots but...

OTOH, there are outfits like Terry Bicycles that do quite a bit with cycling and style/fashion and that could be up their alley, so to speak.  Their print catalog shows this more so than their website.

2013-10-23 8:45 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

What is their target audience?  Most beach cruiser types don't were helmets.  I think that they are idiots but...

OTOH, there are outfits like Terry Bicycles that do quite a bit with cycling and style/fashion and that could be up their alley, so to speak.  Their print catalog shows this more so than their website.

I would think a helmet that resembles a sun hat would be the way to go, but I'm far from a fashonista, so grain of salt and such.

2013-10-23 8:46 PM

User image

Seattle
Yeah they will be in the next Terry catalog I believe. The beach cruiser wasn't an actual example, sorry for the confusion. And I'm wondering about the perspective of performance driven athletes which is why I'm asking. Not getting into their actual target audience.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors 2013: CLOSED (exc/ Pop Tart bribes) Rss Feed  

of 440