Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 73

2009-02-27 8:36 AM
in reply to: #1985246

User image

Master
Apex, north carolina
Subject: RE: swbkrun's group- CLOSED

dalessit - 2009-02-27 9:07 AM Oh, and how does that Girl passing on left group allready have 87 pages of posts...

They're girls!  Females are capable of rambling on for ages!  You're married, you should have sharpened your "blocking out" skills by now Wink   

Speaking of posting, I noticed none of your fine swbkrun men have posted their photos on the Men of BT thread in the Cup of Joe page.   I'm dying to get a glimps of all you hotties!!!!

2009-02-27 8:40 AM
in reply to: #1985299

User image

Champion
Charlottesville, Virginia
tahrens - 2009-02-27 9:36 AM

dalessit - 2009-02-27 9:07 AM Oh, and how does that Girl passing on left group allready have 87 pages of posts...

They're girls!  Females are capable of rambling on for ages!  You're married, you should have sharpened your "blocking out" skills by now Wink   

Speaking of posting, I noticed none of your fine swbkrun men have posted their photos on the Men of BT thread in the Cup of Joe page.   I'm dying to get a glimps of all you hotties!!!!

Did you say something...Laughing

LOL the majority of my race pictures have me looking like I just got run over by a train.

2009-02-27 8:58 AM
in reply to: #1856701

User image

Expert
Missouri

Karen, sorry to hear about the headache.  I hope you feel better soon!

I know this is NTR, but I have to tell you I am really excited this morning!  My son got into the Architecture program at SIU-C!  We've been waiting about 3 months to find out if his grades and ACT score would be good enough (his grades are good but ACT score was so-so) and apparently they were.  He got into Iowa State also but Carbondale is so much closer to home (2 hrs vs about 7) that we were really hoping he would get accepted there too.  It's supposed to be a pretty good program too.  Now we just have to find the money to pay for itMoney mouth.  Sorry for going off-topic but this just really made my day!

Janet

2009-02-27 9:00 AM
in reply to: #1985369

User image

Champion
soccermom15 - 2009-02-27 9:58 AM

Karen, sorry to hear about the headache.  I hope you feel better soon!

I know this is NTR, but I have to tell you I am really excited this morning!  My son got into the Architecture program at SIU-C!  We've been waiting about 3 months to find out if his grades and ACT score would be good enough (his grades are good but ACT score was so-so) and apparently they were.  He got into Iowa State also but Carbondale is so much closer to home (2 hrs vs about 7) that we were really hoping he would get accepted there too.  It's supposed to be a pretty good program too.  Now we just have to find the money to pay for itMoney mouth.  Sorry for going off-topic but this just really made my day!

Janet

That's awesome Janet, and we really don't have an "on topic" here do we?  If so I am really in troubleLaughing

LOL, I can't imagine how much college is going to cost when my kids are old enough.

2009-02-27 10:15 AM

User image

Pro
Wherever the trail takes me, WA.

Very cool Janet.  Congrats to you and your family....

Tracy--- Hotties of BT?  I think that most of us here on too focus on our careers, training, and family life to post useless pictures over there! 

(Monkey.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Monkey.JPG (38KB - 5 downloads)
2009-02-27 10:55 AM

User image

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada

Key Karen....have you looked into acupuncture? Thats seems so solve all problems.

Never had headache issues, but i had a pinched nerve in my shoulder, from over-golfing i think, that after a few treatments got completely rid of. I read up on it a bit, and it seems like it has its advantages!

P.S. I'm heading over to check out all these 'pics.' As a newb, there are still places here i haven't been.

2009-02-27 11:20 AM

User image

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada

Crap your bad Tracy!!! Now i'm sitting at work on the cup of Joe checking out the BT girls!!!

I need to go for a run but can't yet.hehe

2009-02-27 2:52 PM

User image

Master
Guelph, Ontario

Geez Tracy. The only photo  have I would have to get airbrushed just to be accepted on the page never mind that  hottie crap. Then again you were probably talking to the guys not as old as "dirt" as my kids put it.

Got some new runners today and only cost a small fortune. Now I'm ready for the season bring on the good weather!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah did a PB in my swim today.

2009-02-27 5:06 PM

User image

Pro

Tracy... Are you done running yet?  It's 6pm there.  They way I see it, you got off at 5pm, changed... Got started on your run @ 5:20... Done in 30 minutes, now it should be VICTORY TIME!! What's the scoop?!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

2009-02-27 5:33 PM

User image

Elite
san francisco

Go Tracy, Go!  hope you are enjoying free pizza!

Congrats Janet, it's probably a great relief and you should be super proud of him!

Trev- get off the puter and go train!

2009-02-27 7:21 PM

User image

Expert
Auburn AL
Friday Night...CHEARS!

2009-02-27 8:38 PM

User image

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada
well i did a get a run in ....I wanted to during lunch today, but got too busy and couldn't go. So I went after dinner tonight, and boy did it suck. I've never really run after dinner, and now i know why. Thought the prverbial cookies were going to come up. Definitely wasn't feeling it. Usuallly whn I feel blah the run helps. But tonight...blah run blah. Going to relax and watch PVR'ed CSI NY and Vegas....exciting friday night yes i know. Anyone have anything exciting planned this weekend?
2009-02-27 10:58 PM
in reply to: #1986707

User image

Expert
B'ham
kt65 - 2009-02-27 3:33 PM

Congrats Janet, it's probably a great relief and you should be super proud of him!

It's funny, that's how our little girl says it "pewter".... when we took down the office to make it a room for the little guy, for a week she'd walk by the room and say "pewter gone" 

Not much new here, haven't been around much this week and didn't really read all the posts I've missed.  I decided to give up recreational use of the internet at work for Lent (hey, it's supposed to be something that's a sacrifice - right).  Plus, I figure with the extra work I have and basically getting a free tryout at my boss' job - it's mine to lose and getting rid of distractions can't hurt.

Anyway - have a run planned for tomorrow and I'm a little nervous because my knee has been sore this week.  Wish me luck.

2009-02-28 7:29 AM
in reply to: #1987207

User image

Champion
cadmus - 2009-02-27 11:58 PM
kt65 - 2009-02-27 3:33 PM

It's funny, that's how our little girl says it "pewter".... when we took down the office to make it a room for the little guy, for a week she'd walk by the room and say "pewter gone" 

Not much new here, haven't been around much this week and didn't really read all the posts I've missed.  I decided to give up recreational use of the internet at work for Lent (hey, it's supposed to be something that's a sacrifice - right).  Plus, I figure with the extra work I have and basically getting a free tryout at my boss' job - it's mine to lose and getting rid of distractions can't hurt.

Anyway - have a run planned for tomorrow and I'm a little nervous because my knee has been sore this week.  Wish me luck.

LOL, if I gave up recreational internet time at work I wouldn't have anything to do during the day, hence being almost to 2k posts.

Good luck on the run today, I have a 10 miler planned for tomorrow but it is supposed to snow so who knows.

2009-02-28 8:59 AM
in reply to: #1987322

User image

Expert
B'ham
It shouldn't be to tough - I've got a couple big projects going and I'll have a couple weeks off in the middle when our son is born.  Which by the way sounds like it might be sooner than later, doc said he'd be surprised if she was still pregnant "this time next week" at her appt yesterday.
2009-02-28 10:39 AM
in reply to: #1987438

User image

Champion
Verona WI--Ironman Bike Country!

cadmus - 2009-02-28 8:59 AM It shouldn't be to tough - I've got a couple big projects going and I'll have a couple weeks off in the middle when our son is born.  Which by the way sounds like it might be sooner than later, doc said he'd be surprised if she was still pregnant "this time next week" at her appt yesterday.

Matt-you and your wife must be really excited.  Did you two agree on a name?  You definitely have to post at least as many pics as Jeremy did!

Trevor-I am not an afternoon or evening runner either.  If I eat anything more than a light breakfast beforehand things do not go well at all!  The good news is most races are in the morning.  I do wonder how I will handle longer distance tris where eating on the bike is involved.  Definitely something I need to experiment with soon.

Tracey-What's up with the challenge?

Tony-Snowing in DC? Sunny and 8F here. Maybe you can get that Tempo run done on a TM.  It ain't so bad.

Not a lot going on around here either.  Going to the running store later today to pick up my new Adrenalines and heading to the Badger Basketball game tomorrow afternoon.  Work outs are pretty much in the bag for the week which is a good thing.  I'm pooped.

Enjoy the weekend!

Edited by SSMinnow 2009-02-28 10:40 AM

2009-02-28 12:43 PM

User image

Elite
san francisco

Arrgh! 8 degrees?  omg, i am such a wimp.  I have an 8 miler planned for tomorrow, but it's supposed to rain and I was thinking of the TM for that one. 

Trevor, I cannot run in the aftn or evening for that matter, my stomach always feels like cr.p.  Bike seems okay after work, or aftn.  Swim is better for me on an empty stomach or a gu at most.

Yay, Suzy is taking a rest day!  Go Badgers!

2009-02-28 3:02 PM

User image

Veteran
Greensburg, PA

Thanks for the good thoughts guys!  I was actually at my Chiro on Tuesday and he seemed to think he would make me all better.  Not so much.Cry  But I'm willing to keep trying - I have another appointment next Tuesday.  Also, my doctor gave me a prescription for Fioricet - a headache drug.  My husband went and picked it up for me this morning.  I guess I will try it - I just don't want to keep taking so many different drugs.  She also suggested that I go to a Neurologist - but I'm not sure about the logic of that when my CT scan was normal (except for the sinus infection).  I don't know, my friend at work says that when her head hurts, she can't brain.  That is how I feel now!

I don't know if I am a frowner - but as soon as I finish typing, I 'm going to go check myself out in the mirror!!  I have never thought about accupuncture, but I will talk to my Chiro about it next week.

Okay, will somebody go run 5 miles for me now??  Thanks!!Laughing

Karen

2009-02-28 10:12 PM
in reply to: #1987562

User image

Expert
B'ham

Suzy- no names yet, in fact we seem to be getting further from a decision.  We had it down to three names we were going to pick from at the hospital, but that is no longer the case.  We still have a short list, but it keeps getting longer.

Karen - acupuncture could be a real solution.  I had a hip issue before my half marathon, so bad I could barely walk.  I went in for what I expected to be a chiropractic visit and she ended up doing acupuncture instead.  I was more than a little skeptical, but figured I was already there and didn't really have anything to lose.  The pain literally melted away, I walked without a limp out of her office - fully expecting it to sieze up at any minute.  It didn't and I was able to run my half a couple days later.

2009-03-01 8:31 AM
in reply to: #1988883

User image

Champion

LOL Matt, just make sure you think about how the initials work with the name.  We really liked Virginia for a girls name but the initials would be VD so decided against it...

Have my bike fitting today, hopefully the real snow holds off until I am done.  Though this is one of those things you get so excited for but in the end it's just a bike, still have to get on it and push the pedals, + won't be able to ride it outside until it warms up.

Still though I am like a little kid and get excited about new toys.

2009-03-01 9:29 AM

User image

Expert
Auburn AL

Tony, I know you are excited about the bike!  I would be also, I keep scrolling thru pics of cool bikes thinking about the possibilities myself...one day. 

Well, it is snowing here in L.A. (lower Alabama) .  So far we have about 2 inches, and as most would expect, the whole state has closed DOWN.  Snowmen and snow Angels are the order of the day.  I am still planning on getting my long run in (if possible).

2009-03-01 11:16 AM

User image

Pro

Ok Karen I am going to give you my personal opinion on the whole Chiropractor thing.... I don't like them.  They never cure the problem, they just temporarily fix the problem.  It is one of those things that whatever they do to you, you must keep going back to them for months.  I always get the feeling they are like used car salesmen (just a stereotype- no offense intended!).  They always tell you what you want to hear, make it positive, and make it sound that if you come back and see them every week for the next couple months you will be cured!  I don't like it! A scam I tell you (not really but that is how I feel).  Maybe I am just too impatient, and not experience enough but the 2 chiropractors I have seen in the past have made me feel that way.

Accupuncture is much better--- I feel?!  Regardless I hope you get better soon!  That is the most important thing.... And if that means the Chiropractor... Then I am all for it.  Take care!

Matt--- Good luck to you!

Tony--- You are smarter than I!  I have been riding my Tri bike since October, and everytime I ride it I say that I need to get fitted on it, and still haven't...SAID IT YESTERDAY!! !  Good job!  Can't wait to see pictures of that baby w/ the wheels in motion!

2009-03-01 2:44 PM

User image

Expert
Auburn AL

I just went for the BEST run of my life!  It was 32 degrees and snowing sideways.  After I started, I thought about just trying to make it a mile or so, because it was so bad, but it was really cool.  Anyway, after about a mile, I was thinking that I was feeling so good that I should try to make it  for the full long run.  That Forrest Gump feeling! 

Funny thing is...college kids were riding around thru campus throwing snowballs, and I seemed to be a good target to several.  All in good fun though.  So I ended up just shy of 9 miles which is my furthest run to date, and if my darned legs and calves could hold out, I feel like I could have kept going for miles...A good feeling.  The last couple of miles, my legs and calf were letting me know they had had enough.

2009-03-01 2:48 PM
in reply to: #1989306

User image

Expert
Missouri
Plainsman AU - 2009-03-01 9:29 AM

Tony, I know you are excited about the bike!  I would be also, I keep scrolling thru pics of cool bikes thinking about the possibilities myself...one day. 

I keep doing the same thing and I probably won't be buying a bike until at least the fall, possibly next spring!  But I can dream, right?

I have to tell you guys what happened at the pool this morning.  I was at the end of my lane, taking one of my many breaksSmile, when I hear someone say "You make it look so easy."  I looked around to see who he was talking to (so I could see what they were doing and maybe pick up some pointers) and realized he was talking to me!  I said "Thanks, but it's really not easy for me."   I guess I must be doing something right though, at least part of the time.  It actually is getting easier compared to when I started, but I still have a long way to go. 

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Janet

2009-03-01 2:50 PM
in reply to: #1989691

User image

Expert
Missouri
Plainsman AU - 2009-03-01 2:44 PM

I just went for the BEST run of my life!  It was 32 degrees and snowing sideways.  After I started, I thought about just trying to make it a mile or so, because it was so bad, but it was really cool.  Anyway, after about a mile, I was thinking that I was feeling so good that I should try to make it  for the full long run.  That Forrest Gump feeling! 

Funny thing is...college kids were riding around thru campus throwing snowballs, and I seemed to be a good target to several.  All in good fun though.  So I ended up just shy of 9 miles which is my furthest run to date, and if my darned legs and calves could hold out, I feel like I could have kept going for miles...A good feeling.  The last couple of miles, my legs and calf were letting me know they had had enough.

Congrats on a great run and the distance PB!  I actually wimped out on a race this morning because of cold temps (no snow at least for us). 

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » swbkrun's group- CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 73