BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SWBKRUN- Miles and Miles ahead!!!! CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 230

2009-12-14 1:38 PM
in reply to: #2558125

User image

Champion
Verona WI--Ironman Bike Country!
Subject: RE: SWBKRUN- Miles and Miles ahead!!!! (OPEN FOR BUSINESS)
Reno8 - 2009-12-14 1:28 PM Steve......I signed up back on page 3 (Reno8) and didn't see my name of your list of Group Members.  Please don't hold it against me that I was recommended be Suzy, 

Just checking to make sure I made the cut.

Thanks and I look forward to being in the group.

Steve

YEAH STEVE......you won't be sorry you joined us!  Most of us are nice...really.

Well I am back from PT and I am not at the end of the tunnel, but I see it!  Did a 1m run/walk on the track.  First loop no pain, but by the third loop tenderness in the 4th met area. PT still thinks it was/is a stress reaction that is healing nicely.  We agreed no running for another 1-2 weeks and then a slow build back out of the hole.  Strangely, I am ok because it is progress. WOW, I must be growing up (or growing old).

Welcome to all the new team members! 

PS. If we could go back to signing our names at the end of a post for a little while that would be good. 

2009-12-14 1:42 PM
in reply to: #2557852

User image

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada
tahrens - 2009-12-14 11:17 AM IMHusker - Trey,     YOU LIVE IN OLATHE!!!!!!   Whoooo hoooooo!   I am a KU grad and still call Kansas home.  I certainly hope the Husker in your name isn't referring to Nebraska?!?!?!?  Finally someone who knows what a hoopty is, thinks a 2 hour drive to the next town is not unusual,  puts their groceries in a sac, drinks pop, can appreciate a seriously beautiful Kansas sky and leaves their car running when they run into the gas station.  Well, maybe not that last one, you do live in Olathe. 

Terps421 - Linda - my hubby is a Terps grad.  This is getting to be a small Mentor Group world.

jrj0924  - -  that would be my girl Jennifer from the dirty JLOWS!!  Does this mean we get Scottie as well?  The North Carolina women are in contention to challenge the Canadian and Texas men.  Linda........where are you??????  

Is this group officially becoming a couples forum?  Do I need to recruit my hubby Doug?  

Oh and did I hear someone has a pink bike??   In a little while Tony, dalessit - will have us all post pictures of our bikes and you'll see why I love the idea of a pink bike.   You have not experienced life until you have "GIRLED" some cocky guy going up up hill riding a pink bike!!! 

Up here we call it "Chicked" Are you just being politically correct because we have the new recruits around?
2009-12-14 1:54 PM
in reply to: #2555972

User image

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada
Subject: RE: SWBKRUN- Miles and Miles ahead!!!! CLOSED (but maybe some more?)

I may be  am a dumb Canadian but I LOVE that there is a town/city called Chevy Chase. Cool

Cyborg- Love the pet names. I'm a huge Vegas fan. We'll be there in a few months again hopefully.

And hey what are the odds that there are two guys in the same message group from the same city with the same name..... 2 cool Trevor's!!!

2009-12-14 1:55 PM

User image

Master
Small Town
Sorry I was late.  1 day late and I'm behind by 6 pages...  Anyway, I'm back for round 3.

Bio (I think it may be easier to copy/paste/edit done):

NAME: Jeremy Hagerman

STORY: January '07 I found myself as a career firefighter who was overweight by about 30 pounds (almost 210 pounds).  I decided to take part in a national 911 Fitness Challenge.  I dropped 35 pounds (I'm still hovering around the 170's now) by getting on the treadmill.  At first I couldn't run half a mile without slowing to a walk.  At the end of the 12 week mark I was able to run about a 10-ish min/mile.  A co-worker convinced me to run a 5k.  I ran the whole race without slowing to a walk, I was stoked and also somehow convinced that I love to race.  A local triathlon was coming to my area, so I went to watch it... that was my goal -  to run that race the coming year (2008 I did it).  Last year was my breakout year for pushing myself harder than ever and finding that way to settle into the swim.  I ran 13 events and placed in several of those. 

FAMILY STATUS: Married for almost 5 years.  We have a 3 and a half year old and a 11 month old.  Both daughters.

CURRENT TRAINING: I'm making my own plan, but right now I'm in a prep phase. 

PAST RACES: See my log if you really want to see.

2010 RACES: I'm on the RACING GREYHOUNDS (Livonia, MI) team.  I plan to race my first HIM (Racine) and hope to qualify for Worlds.  So, not as many races as last year, but I'll add a few as they come around.

WEIGHTLOSS: I'd like to drop about 4% BF by Racine.
2009-12-14 2:06 PM

User image

Expert
Holy smokes, I am officially overwhelmed by the volume of posts already! I don't know if I can keep pace around here, but I will give it 100%.

I am the one with the pretty pink tri bike! It's actually pink and purple, if that makes it any better/worse. The decals and seat are a nice metallic purple to match my bubblegum pink frame. I bought it used so I didn't have much of a choice, but I love it!
2009-12-14 2:15 PM
in reply to: #2558142

User image

Master
Tosa, WI
DougRob - 2009-12-14 1:34 PM
badgerintx - 2009-12-14 10:49 AM NAME: badgerintx/ Dave Dineen (Univ of WI grad that spent many years in West Texas) STORY: I currently reside in a suburb of Milwaukee, WI. Stumbled into Tri's about a year ago looking for something to do after hanging up my Hockey Skates after many stitches and injuries. Being an Ex-Division 1 hockey player, I have always been a biker due to its anaerobic qualities and always have liked to run during the off season. Having 2 competitive swimming daughters introduced me to swimming and off I went to my first sprint. I haven't left yet and don't have any plans. WHATS NEXT: Changing of the goal from completing races to competing in my AG. Working on a bigger base and better aerobic VO2. As my profile states: Sprint / Olympic / 5 K's / 10 K's - having 2 teenage girls in high school doesn't allow the time for anymore distance. Plus this old "Hockey Player" body wasn't build for distance...but we are working on changing that! Joined a team this year in the Milwaukee / Madison area called "Turbo Donkey Racing" with the motto we are "Slow, Steady, and Stubborn." This group has been a great wealth of knowledge. FAMILY STATUS: Married (Shelly) 18 years in March, 2 teenage daughters (14, Tori and 16, Allie), and a ragdoll cat of 17 years (Rockie). Libby is my canine "running partner" but she is the neighbors dog that just needs regular workout since her owner died last year. CURRENT TRAINING: Working on VO2 capacity in the off season. Have also been really focused on swim form and times since my last race and working on installing a 2 beat kick with my swim. Been using spin classes for biking since I don't own a trainer and running more. 2010 RACES: Tentative schedule is on also my dashboard for my training log. March 3rd- Iron Clinic (WAC) ?June 13- Capital View Oly (Madison)August 1- Ripon Medical Oly (Green Lake) (Primary Race A)September 11- Lake Geneva Oly (Lake Geneva)September 12- Ironman MOO- VolunteerSeptember 26- Devils Lake Sprint (Baraboo) ?October ???- Northface Endurance Challenge- 1/2 Mary or 10K (Dousman) (Primary Race B) WEIGHT LOSS: This has never been an issue for me (Lucky) and I am pretty regimented about what I eat. I do enjoy a couple of beers every now and then with friends, but I am Wisconsin Grad....I don't think they let you get the diploma without that skill. WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD GROUP MEMBER: I am all about training and the journey. Races are just to measure how the training has gone and to give me some feedback on whether or not what I am working on has worked. I am pretty knowledgeable and willing to share my experiences with the group if it helps others.

Sorry... I have tried everything to put some white space in this paragraph from hell with no success.  

Alright Dave! Glad to have another hockey player here. I have played most of my life and I am built more for that than tri, but what the heck. With a name like Dineen you'd better be a hockey player! Laughing

Related to all those NHL Dineens, but somehow missed the gene for "good" hands. I blame MOM! However, I am hoping that doesn't slow me down in the tri world.  Good to have some other Puck heads around.  

2009-12-14 2:25 PM
in reply to: #2558125

User image

Pro
Wherever the trail takes me, WA.
Reno8 - 2009-12-14 11:28 AM Steve......I signed up back on page 3 (Reno8) and didn't see my name of your list of Group Members.  Please don't hold it against me that I was recommended be Suzy, 

Just checking to make sure I made the cut.

Thanks and I look forward to being in the group.

Steve

Ok I guess my claims of being PERFECT are out the window!!!  Please JOIN!!!

Happy Chick- Michelle---- JOIN IN!!!

I think I may lock us in.... WITH 40 MEMBERS!!! TOO COOL!!!!
2009-12-14 2:29 PM
in reply to: #2558225

User image

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada
badgerintx - 2009-12-14 1:15 PM
DougRob - 2009-12-14 1:34 PM
badgerintx - 2009-12-14 10:49 AM NAME: badgerintx/ Dave Dineen (Univ of WI grad that spent many years in West Texas) STORY: I currently reside in a suburb of Milwaukee, WI. Stumbled into Tri's about a year ago looking for something to do after hanging up my Hockey Skates after many stitches and injuries. Being an Ex-Division 1 hockey player, I have always been a biker due to its anaerobic qualities and always have liked to run during the off season. Having 2 competitive swimming daughters introduced me to swimming and off I went to my first sprint. I haven't left yet and don't have any plans. WHATS NEXT: Changing of the goal from completing races to competing in my AG. Working on a bigger base and better aerobic VO2. As my profile states: Sprint / Olympic / 5 K's / 10 K's - having 2 teenage girls in high school doesn't allow the time for anymore distance. Plus this old "Hockey Player" body wasn't build for distance...but we are working on changing that! Joined a team this year in the Milwaukee / Madison area called "Turbo Donkey Racing" with the motto we are "Slow, Steady, and Stubborn." This group has been a great wealth of knowledge. FAMILY STATUS: Married (Shelly) 18 years in March, 2 teenage daughters (14, Tori and 16, Allie), and a ragdoll cat of 17 years (Rockie). Libby is my canine "running partner" but she is the neighbors dog that just needs regular workout since her owner died last year. CURRENT TRAINING: Working on VO2 capacity in the off season. Have also been really focused on swim form and times since my last race and working on installing a 2 beat kick with my swim. Been using spin classes for biking since I don't own a trainer and running more. 2010 RACES: Tentative schedule is on also my dashboard for my training log. March 3rd- Iron Clinic (WAC) ?June 13- Capital View Oly (Madison)August 1- Ripon Medical Oly (Green Lake) (Primary Race A)September 11- Lake Geneva Oly (Lake Geneva)September 12- Ironman MOO- VolunteerSeptember 26- Devils Lake Sprint (Baraboo) ?October ???- Northface Endurance Challenge- 1/2 Mary or 10K (Dousman) (Primary Race B) WEIGHT LOSS: This has never been an issue for me (Lucky) and I am pretty regimented about what I eat. I do enjoy a couple of beers every now and then with friends, but I am Wisconsin Grad....I don't think they let you get the diploma without that skill. WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD GROUP MEMBER: I am all about training and the journey. Races are just to measure how the training has gone and to give me some feedback on whether or not what I am working on has worked. I am pretty knowledgeable and willing to share my experiences with the group if it helps others.

Sorry... I have tried everything to put some white space in this paragraph from hell with no success.  

Alright Dave! Glad to have another hockey player here. I have played most of my life and I am built more for that than tri, but what the heck. With a name like Dineen you'd better be a hockey player! Laughing

Related to all those NHL Dineens, but somehow missed the gene for "good" hands. I blame MOM! However, I am hoping that doesn't slow me down in the tri world.  Good to have some other Puck heads around.  

I remember back in the day when you just hockey 'drafts'. Not of this fantasy stuff. But I remember drafting kevin one year when he played for hartford.
2009-12-14 2:49 PM

User image

Master
Subject: RE: SWBKRUN- Miles and Miles ahead!!!! CLOSED
Any room to sneak in one more PacNW'er? Gearing up to train for IM CDA -- my first IM. I am being punished for not logging on first thing this morning and getting my kids off to school and my booty on my bike instead -- otherwise I would have made it in for sure. Oh well, doesn't hurt to ask, right?
2009-12-14 2:58 PM
in reply to: #2558180

User image

Master
Sin City

Cyborg- Love the pet names. I'm a huge Vegas fan. We'll be there in a few months again hopefully.

Glad you were able to pick up on that!! We adopted the three animals here in Vegas.  We adopted a black cat last year, and named him Blackjack, unfortunately, he was put to sleep due to FIP (SO TOTALLY SUCKS!!!).  Keno and Reno are brother and sister. So....:-)

If you'll be in Vegas, check out bikinglasvegas.com and meet up with a group of people....I DARE you to cycle the Red Rock Scenic Loop...seriously tough course man! Or even the Three Sisters (famous at Silverman Triathlon with 10-15% hill grade).     You can rent a bike if you don't bring yours.  I'll hook you up!

DJ
2009-12-14 3:02 PM
in reply to: #2558153

User image

Master
Sin City
SSMinnow - 2009-12-14 11:38 AM

PS. If we could go back to signing our names at the end of a post for a little while that would be good. 

Funny how you say that and you didn't sign your name off. *snickers*

DJ

2009-12-14 3:07 PM

User image

Veteran
Is the group closed ? Room in the pool for one more - I'm curious .... never had a mentor before

This will be my second season racing and plan on Rev3 CT HIM, Timberman 70.3, and NJ State as my A races, along with several shorter distance races to keep things fun and to drag the family around the area

Edited by MillMan221 2009-12-14 3:09 PM
2009-12-14 3:09 PM
in reply to: #2558065

User image

Champion
Frisco, TX

workerbee - 2009-12-14 1:04 PM Thanks for the add. This is going to be some great cold and rainy weather encouragement. Quick question for the mod or the other members... Do you have to (should you) utilize the online training logs? I have not yet attempted to battle any uploading, so I am pretty apprehensive at this point. If needed, I am sure I can get it figured out, maybe on my next off day.

Most definitely!  My long runs are now a mile or two again...  It allows folks to help you with specific comments regarding your workouts as well as specific inspires!

2009-12-14 3:11 PM
in reply to: #2558308

User image

Pro
kkcbelle - 2009-12-14 12:49 PM Any room to sneak in one more PacNW'er? Gearing up to train for IM CDA -- my first IM. I am being punished for not logging on first thing this morning and getting my kids off to school and my booty on my bike instead -- otherwise I would have made it in for sure. Oh well, doesn't hurt to ask, right?

SURE COME on in.... 

You can join Roni in the quest for that race next year!
2009-12-14 3:12 PM
in reply to: #2558355

User image

Pro
MillMan221 - 2009-12-14 1:07 PM Is the group closed ? Room in the pool for one more - I'm curious .... never had a mentor before

This will be my second season racing and plan on Rev3 CT HIM, Timberman 70.3, and NJ State as my A races, along with several shorter distance races to keep things fun and to drag the family around the area

YOU GOT IT!
2009-12-14 3:37 PM
in reply to: #2558366

User image

Veteran
Can I play? This group posts so much so quickly that it's a wee bit daunting.

This is my second go-around with Steve's group. I've been dating his wife's sister for almost five years, so I suppose that makes him my potential future brother-in-law... or something like that. Steve introduced me to triathlons, and I've done a handful of different distances (couple of sprints, two olympics, three halfs, one full). I really enjoy the half distance and have been concentrating my efforts there. I am a decent biker and runner, but an astonishingly poor swimmer, so I'll be working on that a lot for this upcoming season. Future races will probably be the Boise and Lake Stevens 70.3s, and volunteering up at IM Canada so I can sign up for next year.

Steve is perhaps the most positive and upbeat person I know (except when my Univ. of Washington Huskies take it to his poor, defenseless Washington State Cougars), and I'm looking forward to following along and contributing if I can!

2009-12-14 3:46 PM
in reply to: #2558364

User image

Master
swbkrun - 2009-12-14 3:11 PM
kkcbelle - 2009-12-14 12:49 PM Any room to sneak in one more PacNW'er? Gearing up to train for IM CDA -- my first IM. I am being punished for not logging on first thing this morning and getting my kids off to school and my booty on my bike instead -- otherwise I would have made it in for sure. Oh well, doesn't hurt to ask, right?

SURE COME on in.... 

You can join Roni in the quest for that race next year!

Ooooh, THANK YOU!! Roni and I have been in a mentor group together before... I'm looking forward to meeting her live in CDA for sure! Will get to work on a bio...
2009-12-14 3:51 PM
in reply to: #2558180

User image

Calgary, Alberta
Uncanny... and very cool!
2009-12-14 3:58 PM
in reply to: #2558426

User image

Champion
marietta
ryanp100 - 2009-12-14 3:37 PM Can I play? This group posts so much so quickly that it's a wee bit daunting. This is my second go-around with Steve's group. I've been dating his wife's sister for almost five years, so I suppose that makes him my potential future brother-in-law... or something like that. Steve introduced me to triathlons, and I've done a handful of different distances (couple of sprints, two olympics, three halfs, one full). I really enjoy the half distance and have been concentrating my efforts there. I am a decent biker and runner, but an astonishingly poor swimmer, so I'll be working on that a lot for this upcoming season. Future races will probably be the Boise and Lake Stevens 70.3s, and volunteering up at IM Canada so I can sign up for next year. Steve is perhaps the most positive and upbeat person I know (except when my Univ. of Washington Huskies take it to his poor, defenseless Washington State Cougars), and I'm looking forward to following along and contributing if I can!

WELL LOOK WHO SHOWS UP!!!

john. <<<<---- better add that before i get yelled at

Edited by fattyfatfat 2009-12-14 4:00 PM
2009-12-14 4:02 PM

User image

Elite
Raleigh

Welcome new members!

Forming the new group is really cool. Hopefully Fatty can put together another member list grid with links to all the members when the group is finalized. Don't forget to add "Beer" as I am sure that it wants to be part of the group again.

There are only 5 or so members from '09 that have not chimed in yet, and Ryan is going to be an "official" member this time. Laughing

Most people have said where they are located, but if you have not done so please do.

Logging your workouts makes answering questions easier and gives everyone else context. Also listing your planned races on your dashboard helps the rest of us keep up with you.

Doug

2009-12-14 4:08 PM
in reply to: #2558484

User image

Champion
marietta
DougRob - 2009-12-14 4:02 PM

Welcome new members!

Forming the new group is really cool. Hopefully Fatty can put together another member list grid with links to all the members when the group is finalized. Don't forget to add "Beer" as I am sure that it wants to be part of the group again.

There are only 5 or so members from '09 that have not chimed in yet, and Ryan is going to be an "official" member this time. Laughing

Most people have said where they are located, but if you have not done so please do.

Logging your workouts makes answering questions easier and gives everyone else context. Also listing your planned races on your dashboard helps the rest of us keep up with you.

Doug

LOL!  you're the first one to catch that or at least said something about it.. NICE!   i think Jeremy was the creator of the fine work, i just edited it.  Hey Jeremy can you create a new one for this group. 

where are those other 5?  time for some pm's

edit.  Day 1 Page 7.  haha

john

Edited by fattyfatfat 2009-12-14 4:09 PM

2009-12-14 4:12 PM
in reply to: #2558426

User image

Pro
ryanp100 - 2009-12-14 1:37 PM Can I play? This group posts so much so quickly that it's a wee bit daunting. This is my second go-around with Steve's group. I've been dating his wife's sister for almost five years, so I suppose that makes him my potential future brother-in-law... or something like that. Steve introduced me to triathlons, and I've done a handful of different distances (couple of sprints, two olympics, three halfs, one full). I really enjoy the half distance and have been concentrating my efforts there. I am a decent biker and runner, but an astonishingly poor swimmer, so I'll be working on that a lot for this upcoming season. Future races will probably be the Boise and Lake Stevens 70.3s, and volunteering up at IM Canada so I can sign up for next year. Steve is perhaps the most positive and upbeat person I know (except when my Univ. of Washington Huskies take it to his poor, defenseless Washington State Cougars), and I'm looking forward to following along and contributing if I can!

Words to the wise.... Ryan speaks in tongue sometimes (it makes sense if you have 14 different college degree's)!  He is very insghtful to any questions you may have!  AND YES be intimidated by his avatar--- HE'S THAT GOOD!!! Can't swim for a damn, but will FLY past you on the bike!!! Then float past you on the run making a 6:30 minute mile look effortless!!! DAMN HIM!
2009-12-14 4:16 PM
in reply to: #2558364

User image

Master

Here is my bio!

Name: Kyla

Story: Spent my entire childhood in the pool, swimming competitively from age 6 through college (specialized in distance, best races were 500 free and 1650 free). Got into leisurely running after college and have never really stopped. Bought a bike a few years ago to scratch the itch of wanting to try triathlon and now I'm in it for the long haul. Have done numerous sprints, one Oly, and did my first HIM in June (Victoria, B.C.). I have run 7 marathons, with all but one ending in a PR. Run too many half-marys to count (such a fun race -- the perfect distance, IMO, because training never takes over your life!). Have completed the STP (Seattle to Portland) 200-mile weekend bike ride. I love to train (largely because I love to eat dessert!!).

Family Status: Married 13 years to Dave (who runs also, but  not with me because I am too competitive and get pissed if I can't kick his because I train a lot harder than he does). Two kids, a 9-year-old boy and a 7-year-old girl. One 2-year-old Flat-Coated Retriever (Trip) who just started running with me and he is HOOKED. I'm logging more runs than planned just to keep him happy. One 18-month hooded rat. And a Ragdoll cat on the way after Christmas.

Current Training: Just in maintenance mode as I gear up for IM training which will start soon. I've hired a coach for a customized 24-week plan so am just waiting for that to start formally. Trying to log a few trainer rides and runs each week. I have the luxury of being able to be a huge slacker in the pool at least for early training, so right now I enjoy sleeping in instead of getting up to do workouts... cuz that is coming soon enough!

Past Races: 2009 was a light year, largely due to losing my father-in-law during the summer (with whom I ran three marathons) to leukemia. In any event, I did the Victoria HIM (5:43), the Portland Marathon (3:57), plus the Seattle Rock n Roll half-mary with a group of 17 first-time women (and every single one of 'em finished!).

2010 Races: IM Coeur d'Alene (June 27). Might run a March half-mary (Mercer Island) and a few other running races as I gear up to IM. After CDA I want to enjoy a stress-free summer and do what feels good, whatever that may be! And there is a good chance I will focus on a fall mary to go for a BQ (I need to drop 7 minutes -- 3:50 is the qualifier).

Weight Loss: I am in a good state and my weight just bounces around by 3-5 pounds and it's all good. I train a lot and eat dessert every night. In general I eat very healthy and just keep my eye on the scale to nip any slow creep in the bud.

2009-12-14 4:31 PM
in reply to: #2558514

User image

Pro
kkcbelle - 2009-12-14 2:16 PM

Here is my bio!

Name: Kyla

And there is a good chance I will focus on a fall mary to go for a BQ (I need to drop 7 minutes -- 3:50 is the qualifier).

Weight Loss: I am in a good state and my weight just bounces around by 3-5 pounds and it's all good. I train a lot and eat dessert every night. In general I eat very healthy and just keep my eye on the scale to nip any slow creep in the bud.

Suzy, Kim---- Feel free time chime in and kick Kyla's butt into gear, so she can join you 2 in Boston!!!!
2009-12-14 4:33 PM
in reply to: #2557285

User image

Veteran
ashort33 - 2009-12-14 9:04 AM

Redknight - 2009-12-14 7:16 AM

Hey cool sarah. I used to be an turbo prop mechanic for the C130's when I was in the Air Force in Canada. Loooooooooong time ago now.

Dang that must be an old model of airplane  

Oh yeah!  Flyagra, lifting your junk since 1953 and still going strong. 
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SWBKRUN- Miles and Miles ahead!!!! CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 230