CLOSED

of 12

2008-04-10 8:22 PM
in reply to: #1329790

User image

Master
Lafayette, IN
Subject: RE: Team Mighty Moose

I seem to never make the "cool kids" list on the challenges.

You're a "cool kid" in my book just for having a rocking Ms. Pac-Man avatar.  Best video game ever.  One of my goals in life is to own a Ms. Pac-Man arcade machine.  I know....what can I say?  I aim high.

To continue on my video game theme, may I recommend a completely non-triathlon related movie: A Fistful of Quarters - The King of Kong.  It's a fabulous little documentary about a dude trying to break the world record high score on Donkey Kong.  Video game geekery at its finest!

2008-04-10 8:49 PM
in reply to: #1329899

User image

Expert
Ankeny, Iowa
esc - 2008-04-10 8:22 PM

You're a "cool kid" in my book just for having a rocking Ms. Pac-Man avatar.  Best video game ever.  One of my goals in life is to own a Ms. Pac-Man arcade machine.  I know....what can I say?  I aim high.

To continue on my video game theme, may I recommend a completely non-triathlon related movie: A Fistful of Quarters - The King of Kong.  It's a fabulous little documentary about a dude trying to break the world record high score on Donkey Kong.  Video game geekery at its finest!

Thank you for the compliment. I have to admit I have never played Ms. PacMan but I have played pacman. Our last name is Packard and my hubby's nickname is PacMan. The guys in the military have no idea who Brian is but they know who PacMan is. So I of course have to be Ms. PacMan.

2008-04-10 9:22 PM

User image

Master
Pacific Northwest
esc - 2008-04-10 6:22 PM

That is a great movie!  That guy actually lives in my town--small world.  My hubby makes video games, so I tolerate it since it pays the bills, hehe.  We have a cocktail table video game of Galaga in our living room if that says anything about me! 

The list was merely number-based while I happened to be online with multiple screens available--it was not meant to make anybody feel bad, but to share some awesome successes so far.  I know by the end they will all be 100%+!!

2008-04-10 9:43 PM

User image

Master
Robbinsville NJ
esc - 2008-04-10 9:22 PM

In my previous bachelor life I had a Ms Pacman and a Frogger arcade game. Loved it though it definitely promoted a sedentary life style.
2008-04-10 10:28 PM
in reply to: #1329990

User image

Expert
Ankeny, Iowa
Medusa_Ann - 2008-04-10 9:22 PM
esc - 2008-04-10 6:22 PM

That is a great movie!  That guy actually lives in my town--small world.  My hubby makes video games, so I tolerate it since it pays the bills, hehe.  We have a cocktail table video game of Galaga in our living room if that says anything about me! 

The list was merely number-based while I happened to be online with multiple screens available--it was not meant to make anybody feel bad, but to share some awesome successes so far.  I know by the end they will all be 100%+!!

Oh please don't think I took it as making me feel bad. In the feb challenge when my team leader did this I had fallen behind since I had the crud that was going around for 10 days. So everytime she posted a list like this I was never one it. I just found it funny that I didn't make another one. Makes me think twice about skipping a day. I have it planned out to make 100% and if not a little more by the end of the month. Again didn't take it badly, just humourous..

2008-04-11 10:23 AM
in reply to: #1302970

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California
Just a quick reminder to update your totals in the team spreadsheet by the end of the day on Sunday. 

2008-04-11 11:29 AM
in reply to: #1329935

User image

Expert
Shalimar, FL
dimplespoo - 2008-04-10 8:49 PM

Thank you for the compliment. I have to admit I have never played Ms. PacMan but I have played pacman. Our last name is Packard and my hubby's nickname is PacMan. The guys in the military have no idea who Brian is but they know who PacMan is. So I of course have to be Ms. PacMan.

That's too funny -- 25 years ago my husband and I were both in the Air Force.  Our last name is Hammer, so consequently "Sledge".

2008-04-11 11:44 AM

User image

Master
Pacific Northwest

Cool kid of the day: Stacie (dimplespoo)  !!!!

What's everyone doing today and this weekend?  I know some of you have races (double the points!!) so post here what you are doing and also the links to your race reports when you are done.

I'll be swimming, but not sure how much, as my lungs are not in good shape this morning.  I am frustrated about that.  I have a long ride scheduled on Sunday, too, and maybe a brick on Saturday.  (Also have to do taxes, some gardening, and attend a birthday party, plus I have a date with my hubby and another couple. So we will be busy.)

Now I am off to the LBS to check out what's up with the rear tire so I can do said ride......have a great day, all!

2008-04-11 12:19 PM

User image

Expert
Shalimar, FL

Some fun plans for the weekend, if the thunderstorms don't spoil it.  I'm running a 5K tomorrow morning, and plan to put my bike on the back of the car and go ride afterwards.  Sunday I'm going to try to get another 50+ miles in biking, in prep for a century ride at the end of this month.

Thought we were going to have to work this weekend, but the schedule has slipped -- woo hoo!  So now I get some time to play.

2008-04-11 12:25 PM
in reply to: #1331128

User image

Veteran
I am going for a 6 mile runafterwork today. I am planning a ride on Saturday (hopefully outside). Then my last long run on Sunday before the HM on the 27th.
2008-04-11 12:40 PM

User image

Veteran
Eden Prairie, MN

I'm taking a rest day today. My son(8) and I are going to see the Harlem Globetrotters tonight. He should get a kick out of it.

I'll either go to spin class or spend an hour on the trainer as the weather outside is frightful. I'm hoping to get a long run in on Sunday and I need to swim sometime.

The inlaws are in town, so maybe my wife and I can go on a date.

Scot

2008-04-11 2:19 PM
in reply to: #1330979

User image

Expert
Ankeny, Iowa
Sledge - 2008-04-11 11:29 AM
dimplespoo - 2008-04-10 8:49 PM

That's too funny -- 25 years ago my husband and I were both in the Air Force.  Our last name is Hammer, so consequently "Sledge".

That explains the username - it must be an Air Force thing... Right now all the old guys like to call him "dad" since most of them are still around 25-26. My husband is nearing 38... Somehow he likes the pacman nickname better.

Stacie

2008-04-11 2:20 PM

So an action packed weekend. Today, nothing. My training plan has this a recovery week. So today is a recovery day. I will be giving my bike some TLC today. A good cleaning job, maybe some touch up paint, who knows.

Tomorrow I have a 3.5 hour ride. Except its been really rainy and full of VOG (air like LA, except caused by the volcano), so I may suck it up and watch a couple movies while I am on my trainer. Thats kinda painful.

Sunday I have another sprint triathlon, the Lani Kai Triathlon. Its pretty short, but in my own neighborhood, so I can bike to the race start. I have a 2 hours run afterwards as well. So a fun weekend. yeah.

I hope everyone has a fun, safe weekend, and good luck on the races.
2008-04-11 2:23 PM

User image

Expert
Ankeny, Iowa

I am in for 3 miles run tonight, 30 min bike, and strength, with tomorrow a 3 mile run and a 30 min bike. Sunday is my glorious and much needed rest day. I should be caught up pretty much by then. The schedule has me with mostly 2-3 mile runs next week so hopefully the legs can handle it a little better.

Can I ask if anyone knows here - if you get blisters - do you pop or not pop them? I have the tip of my middle toe covered in a blister. I just recently switched back to Mizunos and this happens - last time it happened on the right foot this time it is the left, just through the first week of running in them and then it stops. Just curious if anyone knows?

Stacie

2008-04-11 2:30 PM

User image

Master
Robbinsville NJ
Off day today (husband/father stuff) but plan on a 5 to 10 mile run on Sat and weather permitting a 20 mile ride followed by a 5K on Sunday.
2008-04-11 5:18 PM
in reply to: #1331541

User image

Master
Lafayette, IN

Can I ask if anyone knows here - if you get blisters - do you pop or not pop them? I have the tip of my middle toe covered in a blister. I just recently switched back to Mizunos and this happens - last time it happened on the right foot this time it is the left, just through the first week of running in them and then it stops. Just curious if anyone knows?

If you can keep it from popping you'll be better off.  If you have to pop it or it pops on its own you'll just want to make sure to keep the area clean until it heals.  A little antibiotic ointment and a band-aid should do the trick.

2008-04-11 5:19 PM

User image

Veteran
Portland

Just logged my minutes- and hit 100% for the strength already-- woohoo! you guys seriously motivated me this month to actually get out the door and lift some weights and do some yoga (yoga minutes count for strength for me cuz the class is all about pushups...)

Sounds like everyone has a lot planned for the weekend! way to go team! can't wait to hear abotu the races too!

My boyfriend's mom is here all weekend so we'll be relaxing and eating out a bunch- and hopefully I'll have fresh legs by sunday afternoon's brick!

2008-04-11 5:25 PM
in reply to: #1331020

User image

Master
Lafayette, IN

What's everyone doing today and this weekend?  I know some of you have races (double the points!!) so post here what you are doing and also the links to your race reports when you are done.

I will be running a 5K in the rain and wind tomorrow.  Am I ever going to get nice weather for a race?  Then Saturday night The Dude and I have to play dress up and go have dinner with a bunch of ROTC cadets.  Good times.  I am so not a dressy-up kinda girl.  After that I start the countdown to April 20th.  My first triathlon!  I'm wicked nervous about silly things at this point so my goal over the course of the week is to get everything in order so come the weekend I'm not in panic mode.  Everyone feel free to share tips from your first triathlon - what you took with you, what you forgot/didn't own that you wished you had with you, etc.

2008-04-11 5:49 PM
in reply to: #1332181

User image

Expert
Ankeny, Iowa
esc - 2008-04-11 5:18 PM

If you can keep it from popping you'll be better off.  If you have to pop it or it pops on its own you'll just want to make sure to keep the area clean until it heals.  A little antibiotic ointment and a band-aid should do the trick.

Thanks Emily. I will try to not pop it but with it being on the tip not sure how realistic that will be. Again thanks for the information.

2008-04-11 6:32 PM

User image

Master
Pacific Northwest

Sometimes I end up popping the blister if it is really annoying. I  have always been prone to terrible awful annoying blisters, no matter what I do!

Kurtis, what island are you on? 

Good luck to everyone this weekend, sounds like tri-tastic fun times for all!  I managed my 1hr 4 min swim today despite feeling oogy. It actually felt much better to be in the water than not.  Maybe I will do more..hmmm..

Bye all!

2008-04-11 6:39 PM
in reply to: #1332246

Medusa_Ann - 2008-04-11 6:32 PM

Sometimes I end up popping the blister if it is really annoying. I have always been prone to terrible awful annoying blisters, no matter what I do!

Kurtis, what island are you on?

Good luck to everyone this weekend, sounds like tri-tastic fun times for all! I managed my 1hr 4 min swim today despite feeling oogy. It actually felt much better to be in the water than not. Maybe I will do more..hmmm..

Bye all!

I feel bad for all those who get blisters. I got a couple under my toenails when I did Honolulu marathon this past year.

I live on Oahu.

2008-04-11 10:07 PM
in reply to: #1331541

User image

dimplespoo - 2008-04-11 12:23 P

Stacie

I typically pop blisters, drain, and expose to air as much as possible.  When I need to work out I put secondskin or moleskin to cover the area.   

Today I did an easy jog for an almost an hour (58 minutes) and then went and played in my hockey league (1 assist/0 goals team won 7-6).  Have a 4-5 hour bike ride planned tomorrow depending on how I feel. 

2008-04-12 11:09 AM

User image

Expert
Shalimar, FL

Woo hoo!  I had a good race today, and won Grandmasters.   Not a PR, but that's ok...

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=110160

2008-04-12 12:36 PM
in reply to: #1332815

User image

Master
Lafayette, IN

Alright!  PR at the 5K today!  And 2nd in my age group.  This was a combo run/walk.  I guess the rest of the ladies in my age group were walkers!

Race Report Linky

2008-04-12 6:11 PM

User image

Great job on the races ladies!!!

I added another 100 miles today on the bike.  It was much hotter today than last time and I lost more water than I should have but I still made it through in good time.  Looking forward to a rest tomorrow.

New Thread
CLOSED
Other Resources Challenge Me! » Team Mighty Moose Rss Feed  

of 12