BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Yanti & Salty MAD MANATEES Mentor Group - FULL POD Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 81

2012-05-02 12:41 AM
in reply to: #4126290

User image

Master
Subject: RE: Yanti & Salty MAD MANATEES Mentor Group - FULL POD

****WARNING--BRAG COMING****

Guess who swam under 2:00/100yd tonight?  Guess who actually had two 100's at 1:46?  And the rest at about 1:53? 

Yup; ME!! Laughing

Stop the drag from my legs by not having them flail all over behind me and listen when others get pointers on how to hold my hands when pulling and magic happens.  I really noticed that my head wasn't popping up when I breathed (read: my legs weren't sinking) and I felt more balanced in the water as well (which I guess makes sense if my legs weren't sinking).  WOOT!

I have been having such a crummy week with my car needing all sorts of repairs that I wasn't anticipating: I really needed this.  

On a completely unrelated note: does anyone have any experience with Reynaud's disease/phenomenon?  Specifically Secondary Reynaud's?  I have an appointment to see my doc, just looking for anyone with personal experience.

2012-05-02 12:48 AM
in reply to: #4184456

User image

England
TriAya - 2012-05-01 9:10 PM
Asalzwed - 2012-05-02 4:07 AM
Tripopo - 2012-05-01 3:03 PM
wushunut - 2012-05-01 4:00 PM

Eh... while the waves seem HUGE when you're trying to swim.  They kind of suck for any kind of riding.  Not much going on in the Gulf of Mexico.

You need to swim out farther Wink

Fail on my part of getting up for the run this morning, had to chase around cat who had tried to eat a toad, not poisonous but apparently REALLY bad tasting that made him puke for awhile and then he had to sleep on top of my head to recuperate so sleep or run sleep won. 

Swimming tonight will have to look at how my hand enters since all this talking about it I guess I should put it to good use...

Oooh boy, as far as excuses not to run THAT is a good one. No way someone could make something like that up! Hahaha. Sorry, I am laughing at your expense. Or your cat's expense?

My cat was on my kitchen table last night and puked *off* of the table. The noise it made when it hit the wood floor almost made ME puke. 

Sighhhhhh. Cats, man. 

HAHAHAHAAAAAA first good belly cackle of the day! Man, that hurt. Is this the cat that hates you?

So glad i got a dog......... although for the first time in years, i got in from work yesterday and had to clear up a 'present' myself.  Maybe it's some kind of pet conspiracy.

2012-05-02 1:04 AM
in reply to: #4185359

User image

England
bcraht - 2012-05-02 6:41 AM

Guess who swam under 2:00/100yd tonight?  Guess who actually had two 100's at 1:46?  And the rest at about 1:53? 

Yup; ME!! Laughing

Stop the drag from my legs by not having them flail all over behind me and listen when others get pointers on how to hold my hands when pulling and magic happens.  I really noticed that my head wasn't popping up when I breathed (read: my legs weren't sinking) and I felt more balanced in the water as well (which I guess makes sense if my legs weren't sinking).  WOOT!

I have been having such a crummy week with my car needing all sorts of repairs that I wasn't anticipating: I really needed this.  

On a completely unrelated note: does anyone have any experience with Reynaud's disease/phenomenon?  Specifically Secondary Reynaud's?  I have an appointment to see my doc, just looking for anyone with personal experience.

impressed
2012-05-02 6:53 AM
in reply to: #4185364

User image

Coastal Carolina
ukweeble - 2012-05-02 2:04 AM
bcraht - 2012-05-02 6:41 AM

Yup; ME!! Laughing

impressed

That's Awesome congratulations!!

2012-05-02 7:08 AM
in reply to: #4185352

User image

Melon Presser
KansasMom - 2012-05-02 1:32 PM

My teenager is slowly sucking me into his sleep schedule. My night owl tendencies must resist.

I was up late last night, thinking about swimming, and then couldn't get up to . . . swim. Sheesh.

Came home for a late lunch and wolfed down a PB&J and slept for almost two hours. Oops. Made it back to work and shopped on Sierra Trading. Talked to a couple people about crises in their departments. Then finally went for a swim.

I did the one arm drills better than I thought -- 25m each side at a time. I didn't sink. I am a little sore, so I need to go back to Yanti's post and make sure that I am sore in the right places. The good news is that my 300m swim after the one arm drills and catch up drill seemed speedy fast. I got to the side of the pool faster than I was expecting and almost bonked my head. lol I need to watch where I'm going. I have taken to swimming with my eyes closed for open water practice.

Middle son had his school music concert tonight. He was adorable, but the concert was mildly torturous.

Between some family time and doing a little work, I didn't get out for my run tonight until 11:00. It was nice though. Windy, but 75 degrees and humid. It's going to be beastly hot tomorrow. (or should I say, "today.")

I'm off to bed -- hoping to wake up in time to hit the pool before work.

Beware of Sierra Trading Post! Beware! They suck you in with their amazing stuff and rock-bottom prices so you spend MORE!

My whole family except for my Mom are total night owls ... bad enough trying to resist it normally, but especially now with fever peaking in the late nights and finally dropping off in the morning so I can comfortably sleep, this is not helping.

Oh ... My folks had me at 43 (mom) and 48 (dad). I always dug having older parents, and besides ... they always seemed young to me because that's just the ages they were. Also it made me realize how rich and full life can be pretty much forever, never too late for dreams and I'm not fussing at all about getting married and having kids on a timeline.

SUPER swim! Nice jetting down the pool, watch yer head. And running at night can be so beautiful. Point is: you got the workouts in.

2012-05-02 7:16 AM

User image

Melon Presser
bcraht - 2012-05-02 1:41 PM

Yup; ME!! Laughing

Um, that's not a brag ... that is the NORMAL outcome of PERSISTENCE and LISTENING!!!! Awesome job!

I have noticed that many people, when they focus on their pull, the kick more naturally follows (especially since it's not trying to compensate or balance for weaknesses/imbalances in the pull).

If you go to my blog and click on the friend named PinkPrincess, you can leave an inspire or PM her--she has Reynaud's and is a very nice friendly soul, I'm sure she could share some experience.

2012-05-02 7:26 AM

User image

Melon Presser

Oh, and

HAPPY 25TH ANNIVERSARY

to Chris (cdban66) and his lovely wife! May their silver year together be the best yet.

2012-05-02 7:42 AM
in reply to: #4185537

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
TriAya - 2012-05-02 8:26 AM

Oh, and

HAPPY 25TH ANNIVERSARY

to Chris (cdban66) and his lovely wife! May their silver year together be the best yet.

Thank you very much. 25 has been a while, and there is no one I would rather spend the time with then her. Life isn't always easy, sometimes there is other stuff going on that takes our focus off of what it should be. However, I have learned that a few minutes every day focusing on what truly matters has made my relationship grow. All the ancillary crud means less once I figured that out, and my life has filled immeasurably.

I hope everyone enjoys whatever their day brings!
2012-05-02 8:35 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
bcraht - 2012-05-02 1:41 AM

Yup; ME!! Laughing

Awesome!! 

There is nothing better than having a breakthrough performance! Those are amazing times . . . we may have to move you out of the manatees group and into the dolphins or something. What's the fastest fish? Tuna are pretty fast, but who wants to be a tuna??

2012-05-02 10:09 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
bcraht - 2012-05-01 11:41 PM

Yup; ME!! Laughing

CONGRATS!!! You rock!

2012-05-02 10:13 AM
in reply to: #4185563

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
cdban66 - 2012-05-02 6:42 AM
TriAya - 2012-05-02 8:26 AM

Oh, and

HAPPY 25TH ANNIVERSARY

Thank you very much. 25 has been a while, and there is no one I would rather spend the time with then her. Life isn't always easy, sometimes there is other stuff going on that takes our focus off of what it should be. However, I have learned that a few minutes every day focusing on what truly matters has made my relationship grow. All the ancillary crud means less once I figured that out, and my life has filled immeasurably. I hope everyone enjoys whatever their day brings!

Happy Aniversary Chris! Laughing Here's to many more blessed years together.  Good times and bad are the history we build with that special person.  My DH and I have been through ups and downs and raised two amazing children together. That's what binds us together.

2012-05-02 10:20 AM
in reply to: #4185351

User image

Master
Central Kansas
jobaxas - 2012-05-02 12:31 AM
KansasMom - 2012-05-02 12:22 AM
jobaxas - 2012-05-01 4:25 PM
Depression is no easy thing to deal with either - think I've got  touch of it myself at the moment - still blubbing every day for no reason.  Or of course it's coz i'm 47 and probably getting set for menopause so here come some hormones to stop you enjoying life!  Yep we're here to remind you - YOU ARE OLD!

Anyway, stop wallowing, i don't have typhoid, dengue, MS or anything like it.  I have a touch of the low self esteem feel sorry for yourself business going on.

On the upside - DAD'S HOME FROM HOSPITAL!!!!!  Yay for modern medicine, it was pancreatitis, nothing more sinister (my dad has had three lots of cancer in the last 10 years so we always worry)  So now he has to watch his diet - he will also have depression coz he is an EATER!

Good news about your dad!

My youngest is 5 1/2, and I've been hormonal since he was born (I was 49 -- yes. I know. Big, delightful "oops.") Anyway for the past six+ years, pregnant, nursing, pre-menopausal, thinking I've hit menopause, nope, still pre-menopausal (repeat, repeat, repeat). I have an herbal concoction I take when, as I told my doctor, "I think I might kill someone."

Enough already.

Wow I had Artemis at 40 - 49 is great!  I had hormone levels tested a couple of weeks back, not menopausal yet....I think maybe pre-menopausal, maybe I need an herbal concoction - or a bottle of wine...

I must have been deliriously tired last night -- I was 45 when my youngest was born, not 49. Wow. That's pretty bad. lol

2012-05-02 10:22 AM

User image

Master
Central Kansas
bcraht - 2012-05-02 12:41 AM

Yup; ME!! Laughing

Awesome! That is terrific.

I don't know anything about Reynaud's -- sorry.

2012-05-02 11:30 AM

User image

Seattle

Yup; ME!! Laughing

Awesome! Well done and glad you got a little bright spot in your week! It's nice to have something positive to focus on.

2012-05-02 11:50 AM

User image

Coastal Carolina

Got a swim in yesterday, had to cut it short as I started to cramp at the end hot days means I gotta work at staying hydrated again, and a run in this morning.  Hope to get a bike in this afternoon as I am getting out early from work.

Now I'm off to give a bicycle safety talk to a pack of cub scouts, no idea who thought this was a good idea...

2012-05-02 11:59 AM

User image

Pennsylvania
bcraht - 2012-05-02 1:41 AM

Yup; ME!! Laughing

SOOOOPER DOOOOPER!!!  Ah, I've been wishing for the day when I can get below 2:00/100M.  I got close last week, 2:01.  Maybe I better re-read Yanti's posts.  Also, the Sheila Taormini (did I spell that right? Sorry if I didn't) swim book came last night and I can't wait to dive (yeah, pun intended) into it.  I also got the Feed Zone cookbook which I am also anxious to read.

Chris - congrats on your anniversary. It sounds like you and your wife have a very special relationship.

Sorry to all the manatees with puking pets and puking kids.  Knock on LOTS of wood my two dogs have been doing pretty good in that department lately.  But the best news is the last of the feral kittens are gone from my life (which is actually a little sad, I was getting attached to the little buggers).  The lady at the pet store offered to take them when we went in to buy kitten milk. 

Yanti - you do seem a bit more chipper today, I truly hope you are improving.  Your condition is very worrisome.  GET BETTER SOON!!!

Edited by melbo55 2012-05-02 12:00 PM

2012-05-02 12:08 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Yup; ME!! Laughing

Congrats, that is great!

2012-05-02 1:09 PM
in reply to: #4186207

User image

England
Tripopo - 2012-05-02 5:50 PM

Got a swim in yesterday, had to cut it short as I started to cramp at the end hot days means I gotta work at staying hydrated again, and a run in this morning.  Hope to get a bike in this afternoon as I am getting out early from work.

Now I'm off to give a bicycle safety talk to a pack of cub scouts, no idea who thought this was a good idea...

Living the dream!

2012-05-02 1:13 PM

User image

England

hope we are all having a better day today.

I'm sure you are Chris. Happy anniversary.

2012-05-02 1:40 PM
in reply to: #4186246

User image

Melon Presser
melbo55 - 2012-05-03 12:59 AM

Yanti - you do seem a bit more chipper today, I truly hope you are improving.  Your condition is very worrisome.  GET BETTER SOON!!!

Glad you were able to bid a good farewell to the final feral kitty

More chipper today and I hope a bit healthier. I really do NOT want in hospital!

2012-05-02 1:48 PM
in reply to: #4184670

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area
jobaxas - 2012-05-01 5:29 PM

So - cat puke, dog puke and now kiddie puke and poop.  Lovely.

This is starting to remind me of my dog list!  ([email protected] for those following along).

Now everyone, please get well and stop puking!  No more dia poo either!

2012-05-02 2:01 PM

User image

Seattle

I know it's Wednesday but, can we talk about the weekend? Too soon? Oh well! I am racing this weekend!!! Woooohooooo! It's been forever since I last raced. I think a 5K back in February or something, and that hardly counts!

Anyway, I am doing a 12K. The lilac Bloomsday, which is pretty high up there in terms of peoples bucket lists for "to do" races.  It has about 50K runners (yes, you read correctly) and also a great Elite Field (all the usual Kenyan suspects.) I think I read Amy Hastings will be there (who finished 4th in the Olympic Marathon Trials.)

This will be my first time racing this distance, so it should be exciting!

2012-05-02 2:08 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Go SALTY!!!!!

I know some people avoid large races like that. I did the Bolder Boulder last year and it was a lot of fun.

Have a great time, can't wait to see the RR.

No racing for me this weekend, hoping to get all of my training in. Undecided I have my first sprint of the year next weekend!

2012-05-02 2:11 PM
in reply to: #4186562

User image

Master
Asalzwed - 2012-05-02 12:01 PM

I know it's Wednesday but, can we talk about the weekend? Too soon? Oh well! I am racing this weekend!!! Woooohooooo! It's been forever since I last raced. I think a 5K back in February or something, and that hardly counts!

Anyway, I am doing a 12K. The lilac Bloomsday, which is pretty high up there in terms of peoples bucket lists for "to do" races.  It has about 50K runners (yes, you read correctly) and also a great Elite Field (all the usual Kenyan suspects.) I think I read Amy Hastings will be there (who finished 4th in the Olympic Marathon Trials.)

Past noon on Wednesday, which means on the backside of the week, so not too soon to talk about weekend!  Excited for you!

2012-05-02 2:30 PM
in reply to: #4186591

User image

Seattle
bcraht - 2012-05-02 2:11 PM
Asalzwed - 2012-05-02 12:01 PM

Past noon on Wednesday, which means on the backside of the week, so not too soon to talk about weekend!  Excited for you!

Oooh I like how you think!

Also, it must be noted there is a hill called "Doomsday Hill" This is going to be so much fun! 

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Yanti & Salty MAD MANATEES Mentor Group - FULL POD Rss Feed  

of 81