BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Yanti & Salty MAD MANATEES Mentor Group - FULL POD Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 81

2012-05-07 9:39 AM
in reply to: #4191933

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area
Subject: RE: Yanti & Salty MAD MANATEES Mentor Group - FULL POD
ukweeble - 2012-05-05 2:43 AM
jmkizer - 2012-05-04 11:45 PM
ukweeble - 2012-05-04 4:11 PM
jmkizer - 2012-05-04 7:14 PM

Busy Pod this weekend!

• Reece - have a blast with the 5K (and tons of riding afterward)
  • Adrienne - Lilac Bloomsday!  50,000 runners, are you kidding me?!
  • Claire - Mini Marathon!  Not to be outdone by Ms. Lilac Bloomsday, Claire is running the nation's largest half marathon!
  • Erica - graduation!

Woo hoo!

HAVEN'T YOU FORGOT SOMEONE JANYNE??

I THOUGHT JMKIZER  (whoever she is) HAD SOME SORT OF RAMBLE GOING OFF ON SUNDAY?

It's not really a race.  It's, well, more ramble-ish but it is 100+ miles of rambling.

i lay in bed this morning and thought about doing a 120 mile bike ride. Then i thought how stupid that was. it would take me 10 hours (at least) and i would not be able to walk for 2 days (at least). I then get up and log on only to find some other idiot is actually going to do it for real.

I doff my cap to you lady, and wish you the very best.

Only 104.  Sorry!

2012-05-07 9:51 AM
in reply to: #4193531

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area
jobaxas - 2012-05-06 3:48 PM
KansasMom - 2012-05-06 8:51 AM
jobaxas - 2012-05-06 2:02 AM
KansasMom - 2012-05-05 11:25 PM
jmkizer - 2012-05-05 6:38 PM
jobaxas - 2012-05-04 11:31 PM

yeah baby....

Super fast looking bike!  Woo hoo! 

I agree. Love that bike.

that bike is way above and beyond what I need but no stock of the lower priced stuff, and I'm an instant gratification kind of girl - I WANT IT NOW!

That's how I feel about my bike. Every time I take it out, I think "I am not worthy. I am not worthy." It was just an ebay bike for $500 (There was a thread about Craigs List Bikes for $500 which I found hysterical for that reason), but it is still waaay more bike than I can handle. Even my LBS was impressed. I love my bike, but it is nothing like that bike. Way out of my league.

YES - THAT'S TOTALLY IT, I DON'T FEEL WORTHY!  I got self esteem issues at the moment in all areas!  What's that about?!  met a tri squad coach at the LBS on Saturday said come along to his sessions though he was aware he wouldn't pull me away from Johnny!  He said, I'm not in his league in the hotness stakes!  Anyway, it was good to meet Clinton, and I will go along for some rides and some runs after HIM Cairns.  He coached a few friends to IM this year and they did under 12 hours!  A dream for me   I'm thinking under 17.

so I need talking up people!  Once this race is done and hopefully completed I will feel a whole heap better about myself, just the self doubt in my head, stopping me sleeping, stopping me smiling a little bit.  Anyone ever used a sports psychologist?

I will upload an MP3 that I have.  It's kind of long but what it is a speech by Jane Savoie who was an Olympic gold medalist.  The speech starts out with she had a dream to be in the Olympics as a rider but she had no horse and had no money for a horse.  Obviously she got over that to get a gold medal!  Anyway, it's very motivational.  Once I have put it somewhere, I'll let the Manatees know about it to give it a try.  (I don't feel bad doing this since it is no longer available, although the book is still in print.)

2012-05-07 9:56 AM
in reply to: #4194514

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area
ArielLIlB - 2012-05-07 9:46 AM

I can't believe my first tri is this Sunday! Ahhh! I had a really good bike ride yesterday, went 21 miles (it was supposed to be 15, but I got lost) and it was hillier than I expected...you should have been in my head when, after the first 8 miles were several tough climbs, I turned up Providence Hill Road and thought (1) Yes, I recognize this road name, this is my turn (which was correct) and then (2) OMG Providence HILL Road?  And sure enough, I rounded the bend and there was this ridiculous hill of steep grade and probably a quarter mile long (I wanted to say a mile, but that's a total exaggeration).  I stopped, checked my phone maps to see if there was any other way home, but alas, there was not (other than longer ways that would probably involve hills as well), so I said, Brianna, put your game face on, drop it into a low gear, and climb.  As I headed up, I was peddling so slow and the resistance was still too much.  Then I realized I was still in my big ring! Ahhaha, I have a whole set of easier gears still!! Duh!! Dropped it to the small ring and slowly made my way up, praying the top wasn't a false rise with more hill behind.  It wasn't, and I made it to the top!! Woohoo!!  Then I took a wrong turn, adding 5 miles to my ride, oops!  But it was mostly flat or downhill the rest of the way.  Got home, told myself to start running and see what happens.  It's uphill from my house, no matter which way I go. Ugh.  My legs were toast but I did a mile in 9:25.  It's funny, they felt like they were moving soooo slowly, but that made me go faster. I'll have to be careful of that on Sunday, but the ride is only 10 miles with one normal hill.  So, long story short, a great confidence builder brick!!

Nice workout!

On yesterday's ride, we came to a road called Barbeque Church.   We decided the that the name was an incentive to improve attendance :-)

2012-05-07 10:02 AM
in reply to: #4194565

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area
reecealan - 2012-05-07 10:05 AMWe pass the first 3 SAG stops then is starts to rain!  It's not bad at first so we keep going.  We complete 3 of the 5 KOM climbs then we're going downhill in downtown K.C., I'm squeezing the brakes some because it's wet so I wasn't going too fast I thought....then BAM, I hit a pothole which I didn't see because of the water.  I go down, I land on my right hip, I slide for at least 50 feet.  The guy behind me was glad I slid, otherwise he would have run into me.

I've got road rash, a bruised hip, bruised shoulder, nothing appear to be broken, I'm just lying in bed now tryinig to heal up, contimplating going to the doctor.  I'm not in pain as I lay here, but when I walk, I feel and leg/hip pain on my right side so it's difficult to walk.

Ouch! 

Speed healing thoughts heading your way!

2012-05-07 10:19 AM

User image

Master
Central Kansas
reecealan - 2012-05-07 9:05 AM

Geez, you guys have added six or seven pages since I last saw.  I need to take that Evelyn Woods Speed reading course or something...

Congrats on you HM Claire!

I'm lying in bad as a type this all banged up.  It was an eventful weekend.

Saturday started off with a 5K, I PR'd, ran a 21:02 gun time but my chip time was something like 20:36 so I'm creeping in on that sub 20 min. 5K.  I'm really happy about my times as this course had 212 feet of climbing which is a lot for a 5K.  The last 1/2 mile is a cat 5 climb all the way to the finish.  It was only 72 degrees but 85% humidity so given the conditions I am very happy about the results.

Then I ran back to my car, drove home, got picked up by my friend Frank and we headed to Lawrence to ride the IMKS 70.3 bike course.  The plan was to also run one lap of the run course (6.5 miles).  We got pulled over by park ranger guy for speeding!  He said in a very stern voice, "I got you going 52", he appeared quite upset.  It was in a part of the park where there were no people around.  Just grass fields on both sides, that road is just there to go from one part of the park to another.  Nevertheless, we were speeding and deserved to take the medicine.  But good lord, I think park ranger guy was writing his first ticket.  Took forever in his car, then came back, fumbled around a bit, then forgot my friends license/registration back in the patrol vehicle.  He ended up writing us up for 40 mph so I guess we got a break.

So now we're late, the agreed meet time was 11:00, we got there 11:20 ish, we didn't head out until 11:30 and now it's hot.  It got to over 90 degrees and humidity was still high.  THere are no stops along the course to get water.  I had one 24 oz bottle and one 20 oz bottle, that's it.  Most of us had two bottles but Jon had a speedfill bottle on the frame, a torpedo mounted bottle on the aerobars and TWO more bottles on the saddle.  Smart Man!  I had a good ride.  I rationed my water well, I barely had enough to get back.  Jon ended up sharing his water with a few others, and my friend Pete, who normally crushes me on the bike, was falling back as he ran out of water.  We all made it back, Pete had to lie down on the way home.

What I learned from this was that hydration for a day like this starts a day or two before.  I knew that day could be difficult so I made sure and got plenty of liquids in my starting Thursday night and all day Friday.  Three of the guys on this bike ride are better athletes than I but I ended up pulling away from them at the end and I was only at about 80% effort.

So that was the good part of the weekend, now the not so good.  Did the Tour de Hope Bike Tour in Kansas City yesterday which was supposed to be 62 miles with 4 additional miles of climbiing to get the king of the mountain cup.  A few of my friends were doing the 35 mile route so I didn't know many people there at the start.  I saw what looked like some good cyclists and asked them if they were doing the KOM climbs, they said yes so my plan was to follow them.  So off we go and I end up hanging with the lead group and we're moving pretty good, averaging around 20 mph or so.  We pass the first 3 SAG stops then is starts to rain!  It's not bad at first so we keep going.  We complete 3 of the 5 KOM climbs then we're going downhill in downtown K.C., I'm squeezing the brakes some because it's wet so I wasn't going too fast I thought....then BAM, I hit a pothole which I didn't see because of the water.  I go down, I land on my right hip, I slide for at least 50 feet.  The guy behind me was glad I slid, otherwise he would have run into me.

I've got road rash, a bruised hip, bruised shoulder, nothing appear to be broken, I'm just lying in bed now tryinig to heal up, contimplating going to the doctor.  I'm not in pain as I lay here, but when I walk, I feel and leg/hip pain on my right side so it's difficult to walk.

My bike, amazingly enough, is pretty much unscathed Smile

My next race is May 20th, not sure if I'll be in shape for that.

Speaking of Pop Tarts, last night I had a sweet tooth so I asked my daughter if there was any Pop Tarts left from the Huge box of 48 I bought just a few weeks ago.  Sorry Dad, none left Frown

Reece. Wow. Great job on the 5k and the IMKS bike route. This weekend was crazy, weather wise -- uncomfortably humid.

And then Sunday your area got dumped on. I'm so sorry for your crash. I hope the day resting heals you up some, but if not, I guess you'll have to go in and get checked out.

2012-05-07 10:58 AM
in reply to: #4194182

User image

Melon Presser
ukweeble - 2012-05-07 3:25 PM

jobaxas - 2012-05-07 3:42 AM Just ate a grilled cheese and tuna sandwich, miraculous recovery - gotta love those carbs, now for a little chocolate....

Back from my 3.5m run and your sandwich sounds nice. mmmmm.

By the way, who's counting my insults/motivation on Salty? How's the old trout done on her run?Hope she socked it to 'em.

I make that three.

I did cackle out loud, but surely you can do better than that.

Cor ... you got to this point in life and you CAN'T COUNT? Never mind, just keep an approximate tally and be sure to log here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An7ZkKfHG1L1dDlZSkhxOWxWbHBjRTFtYjI0U0lNMmc

And don't forget I've you down for 8 swim sessions. If you want to change that to running or reduce the number of sessions, today's your last day to do it.

2012-05-07 11:01 AM
in reply to: #4193945

User image

Melon Presser
kgore - 2012-05-07 9:36 AM

I have been keeping up with everyone's posts, and congrats and happiness to all those who have posted--I would actually write names and stuff, but the truth is, I feel like 7 mega-tons of crap right now...I can only hope that its my allergies acting up in the worst way possible, and not a cold. Its the last week of school before finals week, and only 2 weeks til one of my bigger races this season... I DON'T WANNA BE SICK RIGHT NOW!!!!Yell

hm. That didn't help, I still feel icky.

Anyway, as someone else posted, I hope everyone is well and happy! 

Aw Kate. I hope you feel better soon ... I know you posted that it is indeed a cold and has gone to your chest ... warm healing {{MELON PRESS}}.

2012-05-07 11:02 AM

User image

Master
ArielLIlB - 2012-05-07 6:46 AM

I can't believe my first tri is this Sunday! Ahhh! I had a really good bike ride yesterday, went 21 miles (it was supposed to be 15, but I got lost) and it was hillier than I expected...you should have been in my head when, after the first 8 miles were several tough climbs, I turned up Providence Hill Road and thought (1) Yes, I recognize this road name, this is my turn (which was correct) and then (2) OMG Providence HILL Road?  And sure enough, I rounded the bend and there was this ridiculous hill of steep grade and probably a quarter mile long (I wanted to say a mile, but that's a total exaggeration).  I stopped, checked my phone maps to see if there was any other way home, but alas, there was not (other than longer ways that would probably involve hills as well), so I said, Brianna, put your game face on, drop it into a low gear, and climb.  As I headed up, I was peddling so slow and the resistance was still too much.  Then I realized I was still in my big ring! Ahhaha, I have a whole set of easier gears still!! Duh!! Dropped it to the small ring and slowly made my way up, praying the top wasn't a false rise with more hill behind.  It wasn't, and I made it to the top!! Woohoo!!  Then I took a wrong turn, adding 5 miles to my ride, oops!  But it was mostly flat or downhill the rest of the way.  Got home, told myself to start running and see what happens.  It's uphill from my house, no matter which way I go. Ugh.  My legs were toast but I did a mile in 9:25.  It's funny, they felt like they were moving soooo slowly, but that made me go faster. I'll have to be careful of that on Sunday, but the ride is only 10 miles with one normal hill.  So, long story short, a great confidence builder brick!!

Great job, Brie!  Love the times when I come out of a hard training session with confidence! 

2012-05-07 11:04 AM

User image

Master
reecealan - 2012-05-07 7:05 AM

Geez, you guys have added six or seven pages since I last saw.  I need to take that Evelyn Woods Speed reading course or something...

Saturday started off with a 5K, I PR'd, ran a 21:02 gun time but my chip time was something like 20:36 so I'm creeping in on that sub 20 min. 5K.  I'm really happy about my times as this course had 212 feet of climbing which is a lot for a 5K.  The last 1/2 mile is a cat 5 climb all the way to the finish.  It was only 72 degrees but 85% humidity so given the conditions I am very happy about the results.

Then I ran back to my car, drove home, got picked up by my friend Frank and we headed to Lawrence to ride the IMKS 70.3 bike course.  The plan was to also run one lap of the run course (6.5 miles).  We got pulled over by park ranger guy for speeding!  He said in a very stern voice, "I got you going 52", he appeared quite upset.  It was in a part of the park where there were no people around.  Just grass fields on both sides, that road is just there to go from one part of the park to another.  Nevertheless, we were speeding and deserved to take the medicine.  But good lord, I think park ranger guy was writing his first ticket.  Took forever in his car, then came back, fumbled around a bit, then forgot my friends license/registration back in the patrol vehicle.  He ended up writing us up for 40 mph so I guess we got a break.

So now we're late, the agreed meet time was 11:00, we got there 11:20 ish, we didn't head out until 11:30 and now it's hot.  It got to over 90 degrees and humidity was still high.  THere are no stops along the course to get water.  I had one 24 oz bottle and one 20 oz bottle, that's it.  Most of us had two bottles but Jon had a speedfill bottle on the frame, a torpedo mounted bottle on the aerobars and TWO more bottles on the saddle.  Smart Man!  I had a good ride.  I rationed my water well, I barely had enough to get back.  Jon ended up sharing his water with a few others, and my friend Pete, who normally crushes me on the bike, was falling back as he ran out of water.  We all made it back, Pete had to lie down on the way home.

What I learned from this was that hydration for a day like this starts a day or two before.  I knew that day could be difficult so I made sure and got plenty of liquids in my starting Thursday night and all day Friday.  Three of the guys on this bike ride are better athletes than I but I ended up pulling away from them at the end and I was only at about 80% effort.

So that was the good part of the weekend, now the not so good.  Did the Tour de Hope Bike Tour in Kansas City yesterday which was supposed to be 62 miles with 4 additional miles of climbiing to get the king of the mountain cup.  A few of my friends were doing the 35 mile route so I didn't know many people there at the start.  I saw what looked like some good cyclists and asked them if they were doing the KOM climbs, they said yes so my plan was to follow them.  So off we go and I end up hanging with the lead group and we're moving pretty good, averaging around 20 mph or so.  We pass the first 3 SAG stops then is starts to rain!  It's not bad at first so we keep going.  We complete 3 of the 5 KOM climbs then we're going downhill in downtown K.C., I'm squeezing the brakes some because it's wet so I wasn't going too fast I thought....then BAM, I hit a pothole which I didn't see because of the water.  I go down, I land on my right hip, I slide for at least 50 feet.  The guy behind me was glad I slid, otherwise he would have run into me.

Speaking of Pop Tarts, last night I had a sweet tooth so I asked my daughter if there was any Pop Tarts left from the Huge box of 48 I bought just a few weeks ago.  Sorry Dad, none left Frown

Reece, great job on the 5k and the first ride; hydration does make a huge difference!  As for the crash, glad you weren't more seriously hurt (and that your bike is ok!).  Lots of icing (not the pop tart kind) on your sore parts!

2012-05-07 11:08 AM
in reply to: #4126290

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Brie, you and I will tackle our tri's together this weekend!  Let's go get'em.

Reece, so sorry about the crash.  Rest and heal.

2012-05-07 11:14 AM

User image

Melon Presser
ArielLIlB - 2012-05-07 9:46 PM

Super big T.I.T.S. and a power brick--way to go, Brie!!! You are in great shape for your race!

2012-05-07 11:30 AM

User image

Master
Overland Park, KS

After the ride Saturday a few of us were talking about why cyclists shaved their legs.  One guy said that it's easier to clean up road rash.  Another guy said it's so people can see my "ripped" quads.

I guess I've yet to become a real cyclist.

(crash 05062012.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
crash 05062012.JPG (41KB - 12 downloads)
2012-05-07 11:30 AM

User image

Melon Presser
reecealan - 2012-05-07 10:05 PM

YIKES REECE! Wow, what a weekend you had.

First, CONGRATULATIONS on a zoomzoomzoom 5K ... uphill! You will sink well under 20:00 on your next one, no doubt!

Second, super job on the hot recon ride and being prepared.

Third, SO SORRY about the crash! It's a good thing your bike's okay!!! Oh man, I have been there. I'm so glad you're not awfully banged up, though where you're at is sure no fun. Really take your time to heal up well ... you don't want anything nagging from this. (Or us nagging you, either. Ha ha). You might be okay for May 20th ... you sure have a lot in the bank, so no need to do much from here on out.

Fourth ... do you really expect a box of Pop Tarts of ANY size to last more than a week? Really?

P.S. I love gnarly pics ... you poor thing! Ow ow ow!

Edited by TriAya 2012-05-07 11:31 AM
2012-05-07 11:32 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

This was the scene at Ft. Lauderdale beach yesterday; unfortunately, I wasn't there to see it in person. 

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/videogallery/69799746/News/Manatees-and-pups-near-shore-of-Fort-Lauderdale-beach

Oops, looks like i did something wrong as the link is not hot - i guess you'll have to cut and paste to view it.  sorry.

Edited by amd723 2012-05-07 11:35 AM
2012-05-07 11:36 AM

User image

Seattle

Yowza, I have a lot of Manatee catching up to do!

Bloomsday was an absolute blast. Such an amazing course, I can't say enough good things about it. 

This race started as a "B" race (I didn't even tempt myself by bringing my racing flats) and very rapidly faded to a "C" race.  We arrived to the start waaay late (we were busy getting my baby cousins all ready in their strollers.) The plan was for me to run the race and then catch the family in strollers and do a second loop with them. Because we were so late I had to start in a pretty slow coral. You know you are not in the "racing" coral when the start gun goes off and everyone ducks. Ahh ahahaha. 

Anyway, it went as expected with that many people on the course. I ran it the best as I could while trying to be as polite as possible with my weaving. The competitive part of me was dying inside but the rest of me enjoyed the sh*t out of running a course and getting to really enjoy the sites and sounds. 

I finished in 55:39 (or 7:27 per mile)

Then I was able to just run through the finish and catch up with my fam just before the 1 mile mark and do it all again!!!

Stay tuned for the race report. I'll give you a teaser: Drag queens, Popsicle and licorice oh my! 

2012-05-07 11:55 AM
in reply to: #4195029

User image

Melon Presser
Asalzwed - 2012-05-08 12:36 AM

Yowza, I have a lot of Manatee catching up to do!

Bloomsday was an absolute blast. Such an amazing course, I can't say enough good things about it. 

This race started as a "B" race (I didn't even tempt myself by bringing my racing flats) and very rapidly faded to a "C" race.  We arrived to the start waaay late (we were busy getting my baby cousins all ready in their strollers.) The plan was for me to run the race and then catch the family in strollers and do a second loop with them. Because we were so late I had to start in a pretty slow coral. You know you are not in the "racing" coral when the start gun goes off and everyone ducks. Ahh ahahaha. 

Anyway, it went as expected with that many people on the course. I ran it the best as I could while trying to be as polite as possible with my weaving. The competitive part of me was dying inside but the rest of me enjoyed the sh*t out of running a course and getting to really enjoy the sites and sounds. 

I finished in 55:39 (or 7:27 per mile)

Then I was able to just run through the finish and catch up with my fam just before the 1 mile mark and do it all again!!!

Stay tuned for the race report. I'll give you a teaser: Drag queens, Popsicle and licorice oh my! 

You are soooooo HOT! I bet that stuffed bulldog was THRILLED!

Awesome job having a blast. B <=> C race really isn't much of a difference ... this was a course to be enjoyed anyway, and you got a solid long run in with more than half of it at tempo-ish. Mixing it up, keeping it fun.

2012-05-07 12:03 PM
in reply to: #4195011

User image

Master
Orlando
reecealan - 2012-05-07 11:30 AM

After the ride Saturday a few of us were talking about why cyclists shaved their legs.  One guy said that it's easier to clean up road rash.  Another guy said it's so people can see my "ripped" quads.

I guess I've yet to become a real cyclist.

Ouch!
2012-05-07 12:14 PM
in reply to: #4195018

User image

Extreme Veteran
amd723 - 2012-05-07 12:32 PM

This was the scene at Ft. Lauderdale beach yesterday; unfortunately, I wasn't there to see it in person. 

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/videogallery/69799746/News/Manatees-and-pups-near-shore-of-Fort-Lauderdale-beach

Oops, looks like i did something wrong as the link is not hot - i guess you'll have to cut and paste to view it.  sorry.

Aw, a manatee orgy! How apropos for this group! I love the commentary in the back ground: Kid: "They're mating!" Man: "It's more like a gang bang." Hahahahah.

2012-05-07 12:16 PM
in reply to: #4195121

User image

Master
Orlando
ArielLIlB - 2012-05-07 12:14 PM

Aw, a manatee orgy! How apropos for this group! I love the commentary in the back ground: Kid: "They're mating!" Man: "It's more like a gang bang." Hahahahah.

Actually, it just looks like they're mating; in reality it is a mom and her calves who are fighting over nursing.  But yes, I love the commentary!

2012-05-07 12:20 PM
in reply to: #4195125

User image

Extreme Veteran
amd723 - 2012-05-07 1:16 PM
ArielLIlB - 2012-05-07 12:14 PM

Actually, it just looks like they're mating; in reality it is a mom and her calves who are fighting over nursing.  But yes, I love the commentary!

I love it when one of the pups come up and looks like he's hugging his mom - so cute!! I can't believe they were so unphased by all those humans! That trusting nature is what gets you on the endangered list...good to see that the life guards became manatee guards on this day!

2012-05-07 12:20 PM

User image

Melon Presser
amd723 - 2012-05-08 12:32 AM

Now it's directly clickable!

2012-05-07 12:28 PM

User image

Seattle
Ok, I didn't really do an official race report but check my training log for my write up: http://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/training/index-weekly.asp?memberid=234039&year=&month=&day=
2012-05-07 12:34 PM

User image

Seattle
amd723 - 2012-05-07 11:32 AM

OMG!!! So like a Manatee, a chauvinistic orgy...sigh. Hahaha

2012-05-07 12:44 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Nice job Salty.  Sounds A LOT like the Bolder Boulder.  My DH calls that one a party with a race thrown in.
2012-05-07 12:48 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Ack!  Boy, I can't possibly recall who all did what this weekend but I will try.

Chris: gotta say I just love your outlook on life.   nothing more to say there.  Glad you were able to enjoy some of nature's beauty on your run (ospreys, eagle).

Jo: congrats on the 6 pack!  And as the others have said, do try to find the motivation you share with others and apply it to yourself.  Or recall the words of Stuart Smalley: "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!"   Seriously, though, give yourself some credit for your accomplishments.  You worked hard and you deserve it.

Reece: awesome 5K times and sorry about the crash.  Ouchie, ouchie, ouchie.  Glad it wasn't any worse.

Salty:  I'd take your BC race times any day!!  Wow, 7:27 miles sounds so fast!!  Great job, and I'm glad you were able to have some fun, too!  You totally made that bullldog's day!  Too funny about people ducking at the starting gun!

Kate:  Get better soon!!!! Stoopid cold germs.

Yanti: Get better soon!!!!  Stoopid typhoid germs.

Allen: sounds like Salty has turned you into a runner!!

Brie: those pictures were wonderful!  Looks like you have a really nice trip.  And congrats on conquering those evil-sounding hills on your ride and surviving the extra unplanned miles. 

Kirk:  good work on not hitting anyone on your bridge repeats!  And a big kudos for being a tequila-powered rower!  Sounds fun!

Kirsten: nice 12K!!!

Jo: good luck with the 'S' diet.  Sounds interesting.

My apologies if I missed anyone.  Keep working hard this week, manatees!  I am in the same boat as Kate now...Saturday I seemed to have caught a cold...(grrrr) and my first race is May 19.  This race is a big one to me because it is the first tri I ever did back in 2010, so I like using it as a gauge for improvement and was really hoping to slice a good chunk of time off my previous times.  I'm trying my best to fight the germs: vitamin C, Zicam, cold medicine so I can still take a strong shot at my goal time. 

Edited by melbo55 2012-05-07 1:05 PM
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Yanti & Salty MAD MANATEES Mentor Group - FULL POD Rss Feed  

of 81