General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Do you just have "it" or not? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 8

2007-05-24 4:01 PM
in reply to: #814012

Champion
No excuses!
Subject: RE: Do you just have "it" or not?
I think Jorge makes a great point though. Most here look at him and say "Da$% that dude is flying". But for him there are people ahead of him in big races and it is all relative. I think that is one of the great things about multisport is we are all competing against ourselves and our own situations.

In pro sports like baseball, basketball and such the end of the road is a little more obvious. But with what we do there is no end. For some it is BQ or Kona and others it is finishing a 5k without walking.

The thing that makes me sick is when people use can't or impossible. If you don't want to make the sacrifice fine but never and can't are just excuses!!

2007-05-24 4:22 PM
in reply to: #815932

User image

Champion
Menomonee Falls, WI
Daremo - 2007-05-24 3:50 PM

Cough cough ...... top 5 overall and AG winner at a hellacious HIM last weekend ...... cough cough .....

JohnnyKay is too modest as always.

Now that's a heck of a lot more inspiring!

You were sandbagging me, JK.
2007-05-24 7:32 PM
in reply to: #815979

User image

Not a Coach
Media, PA
scoobysdad - 2007-05-24 4:22 PM
Daremo - 2007-05-24 3:50 PM

Cough cough ...... top 5 overall and AG winner at a hellacious HIM last weekend ...... cough cough .....

JohnnyKay is too modest as always.

Now that's a heck of a lot more inspiring! You were sandbagging me, JK.

Nah.  Just find a race that scares half the competitors away and makes most of the others drop due to hypothermia.  Makes placing a heck of a lot easier.   

2007-05-24 8:15 PM

User image

Champion
Montague Gold Mines, Nova Scotia
I've been reading this thread with interest and when it comes to having "it" there's a quote I heard at one of my volleyball coaching clinics that keeps jumping to mind:

"I can teach someone to spike a volleyball, but I can't teach them to be 6'10" "

Obviously, genetics has to play some role - it does in everything we do - but just having natural talent is never going to be enough to realize your potential. Which I think is why many people with talent never want to admit that they have talent - some how it seems that by admitting to having talent is going to take away from how hard they need to work to get there.

From a personal standpoint, I hated endurance sports (running in particular) until I was in my late twenties and thought that bicycles were useful to get around on but not for exercising on. I had some swim background from swimming lessons and life saving training, but was not a competitive swimmer. I started training for tri's in Aug 04 and started competing in Jun 05. Every year I've been consistent in my training and have increased my volume from year to year as well. I have also used each off season to do at least a run and bike focus to build significant volume over a two to three month period. I have included a chart similar to Jorge's to give you an idea of what my training looked like.

I have cracked the top 10% on one occasion (9thOA out of 93 in a sprint race) and was very close on another (4thOA out of 36 in another sprint). Overall I became more competitive each season and expect that this season I will see another improvement due to continued consistency and a higher training load.

Hope this helps,

Shane

(Training.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Training.jpg (41KB - 14 downloads)
2007-05-25 9:32 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
West Michigan
Most people who are MOP or slower can dramatically improve their performance if they make various changes to their training approach. That could be more volume, coaching help, improved nutrition etc., but that doesn't mean at the end of the day that they will get to top 10% of the AG for example. It's too easy to say everyone will achieve their dreams if they work as hard as possible.

For example, if hard work, blood sweat and tears is all it takes, why can't more people bench 300 pounds? I realize the weight room isn't the topic here but it's relevant in that if "everyone" can achieve a BQ by hard work, discipline, guts etc., then "everyone" can bench 300 pounds if they want it bad enough. It's the same thing. A 145 pound guy saying he's too thin and doesn't have the shoulder build and thickness to lift 300 pounds isn't wrong for stating the obvious. Maybe through hard work, proper nutrition and coaching he could lift 225 pounds. Should he be happy he lifted 225 pounds? IMO yes he should, but that doesn't mean he's wrong to say he knows that 10 hours week in the weight room, eating protein like it's going out of style etc isn't going to get him to the 300 club.

My point is "everyone" can improve, and in some cases dramatically, and in some cases to top 10% in their AG or higher. I also agree that negative thinking like "I'll never get there" or "I'm too old to do that" etc., isn't good if you're training and going through life thinking you're somehow lesser for this. But some of the posts in this thread I believe were from people just stating what they believe to be the case. That no matter what level of training they took themselves too, nature gets involved and will limit them at some point.

2007-05-25 10:13 AM
in reply to: #816783

User image

Not a Coach
Media, PA

TriMike - 2007-05-25 9:32 AM Most people who are MOP or slower can dramatically improve their performance if they make various changes to their training approach. That could be more volume, coaching help, improved nutrition etc., but that doesn't mean at the end of the day that they will get to top 10% of the AG for example. It's too easy to say everyone will achieve their dreams if they work as hard as possible.

Top 10% in the AG of triathlons is not as rarefied as you make it out to be.  If everybody was working with the sole goal of reaching their potential in tri, then genetics would become a deciding factor for breaking into that group.  But the reality is quite different and most people who set that as a priority goal can achieve it.  (There are certainly cases, Kona for example, where it becomes more challenging because the cut-off is much more exclusive than top 10%.  And there are more people focused on it.  So some people may not be able to overcome genetics simply through hard work.  But "knowing" that you can't before putting in years of consistent work is equally unlikely for most.)

For example, if hard work, blood sweat and tears is all it takes, why can't more people bench 300 pounds? I realize the weight room isn't the topic here but it's relevant in that if "everyone" can achieve a BQ by hard work, discipline, guts etc., then "everyone" can bench 300 pounds if they want it bad enough. It's the same thing. A 145 pound guy saying he's too thin and doesn't have the shoulder build and thickness to lift 300 pounds isn't wrong for stating the obvious. Maybe through hard work, proper nutrition and coaching he could lift 225 pounds. Should he be happy he lifted 225 pounds? IMO yes he should, but that doesn't mean he's wrong to say he knows that 10 hours week in the weight room, eating protein like it's going out of style etc isn't going to get him to the 300 club.

Bad analogy again.  Body comp and running lots are the 2 biggest factors to running faster and neither is limited by being too small or too big (excluding the gross extremes).  These are controllable factors.  And BQ times simply aren't fast enough to exclude people with "poor" genetics.

My point is "everyone" can improve, and in some cases dramatically, and in some cases to top 10% in their AG or higher. I also agree that negative thinking like "I'll never get there" or "I'm too old to do that" etc., isn't good if you're training and going through life thinking you're somehow lesser for this. But some of the posts in this thread I believe were from people just stating what they believe to be the case. That no matter what level of training they took themselves too, nature gets involved and will limit them at some point.

Of course, nature is eventually the limiter.  But most people think that point is much closer than it really is.  For most it's the willingness and desire to do the necessary work (and just reiterating again, many have good/healthy reasons for not having that willingness or desire).

2007-05-25 10:17 AM

User image

Not a Coach
Media, PA

Just as another piece of info for the OP (though I have no idea about where it originally came from or its accuracy):

My sister (a distance runner for the past 10-12 years or so) told me this past weekend that it takes about 8 years of consistent running for people to realize most of their running potential.  So it can take a long time to get there, but it also makes it unwise to close the door to the possibilities early in the process.

2007-05-25 10:37 AM
in reply to: #816917

User image

Extreme Veteran
West Michigan
JohnnyKay - 2007-05-25 10:13 AM

Bad analogy again.  Body comp and running lots are the 2 biggest factors to running faster and neither is limited by being too small or too big (excluding the gross extremes).  These are controllable factors.  And BQ times simply aren't fast enough to exclude people with "poor" genetics.

I completely disagree. You said it yourself that the two biggest factors to running faster are body composition and running a lot. THen you say they are both controllable? Sorry to argue but do you really think all athletes can get below 200 pounds and still eat? Body composition is the whole issue here, at least in my example, that after all the hard work and effort is put in, the body is what will limit some athletes.

Statistically speaking, a fit 250 pound guy won't do 6:00 minute miles in a marathon and a fit 145 pound guy won't bench 300 pounds, it's really quite straightforward. Both could do everything in their power to train hard and nature will limit them when they push the envelope of their physical limitations.

2007-05-25 10:47 AM

User image

Pro
Libertyville, IL
Trimike, there are plenty of cases of weight loss on this site regarding triathlon training and progress.  I myself dropped 15 after hovering right around the 200 level for years.  That weight loss has since slowed (though now that we are back into the season that should dip) but even so, there is no doubt that 185 of me a month ago versus 185 of me a year ago is a very different body composition.  I can and does happen but its more than casual training.  So I would agree with Johnny Kay that you can in fact change body comp tremendously.
2007-05-25 10:58 AM
in reply to: #816992

User image

Runner
You don't need to run a 6 min mile to BQ.  The fastest is 7:15.  I'd be willing to bet that, given proper run training and time, a big person could BQ.
2007-05-25 10:59 AM
in reply to: #817019

User image

Expert
Dallas, TX
jszat - 2007-05-25 10:47 AM

Trimike, there are plenty of cases of weight loss on this site regarding triathlon training and progress.  I myself dropped 15 after hovering right around the 200 level for years.  That weight loss has since slowed (though now that we are back into the season that should dip) but even so, there is no doubt that 185 of me a month ago versus 185 of me a year ago is a very different body composition.  I can and does happen but its more than casual training.  So I would agree with Johnny Kay that you can in fact change body comp tremendously.

Uh, there really is a limit to this. I am 5'9", 140#s...I will never be 185#s, just like you will probably never be 140.

2007-05-25 11:14 AM
in reply to: #816917

User image

Expert
Charlottesville, VA
JohnnyKay - 2007-05-25 11:13 AM

But most people think that point (genetic limitations) is much closer than it really is. For most it's the willingness and desire to do the necessary work.

Well put, and I agree -- following a structured, consistent training plan for a fairly long period has been a real eye-opener for me.
2007-05-25 11:26 AM
in reply to: #816929

User image

Elite
New City, New York
JohnnyKay - 2007-05-25 11:17 AM

Just as another piece of info for the OP (though I have no idea about where it originally came from or its accuracy):

My sister (a distance runner for the past 10-12 years or so) told me this past weekend that it takes about 8 years of consistent running for people to realize most of their running potential. So it can take a long time to get there, but it also makes it unwise to close the door to the possibilities early in the process.

Hey, she told me that! You just happened to be eavesdroppring Wink btw did we ever find out how long it takes to realize one's bike potential (maybe we can get some good out of this thread ) Wink

2007-05-25 11:31 AM
in reply to: #817055

User image

Pro
Libertyville, IL

sebjamesm - 2007-05-25 10:59 AM
jszat - 2007-05-25 10:47 AM Trimike, there are plenty of cases of weight loss on this site regarding triathlon training and progress.  I myself dropped 15 after hovering right around the 200 level for years.  That weight loss has since slowed (though now that we are back into the season that should dip) but even so, there is no doubt that 185 of me a month ago versus 185 of me a year ago is a very different body composition.  I can and does happen but its more than casual training.  So I would agree with Johnny Kay that you can in fact change body comp tremendously.
Uh, there really is a limit to this. I am 5'9", 140#s...I will never be 185#s, just like you will probably never be 140.

But there is a reasonable range for each and everybodys body type.  I cant see me heading further south of low 170's tops.  What you put on that frame flab vs muscle means performance or lack there of.  I know me at 185 this year is kicking me at 185 last years azz.  Yes, there are parameters that each and everybody works with but my opinion is that too many folks accept that over the reality that there is more they could be doing and they dont for whatever reason, good or bad.  Its a lot easier for the ego to take so I can see why folks do it.  Exhaust all possibilities to meet your potential is all I am saying and I think a lot of folks sell themselves short and take comfort in that its something else too soon.

2007-05-25 11:47 AM
in reply to: #817113

User image

Not a Coach
Media, PA
rollinbones - 2007-05-25 11:26 AM
JohnnyKay - 2007-05-25 11:17 AM

My sister (a distance runner for the past 10-12 years or so) told me this past weekend that it takes about 8 years of consistent running for people to realize most of their running potential. So it can take a long time to get there, but it also makes it unwise to close the door to the possibilities early in the process.

Hey, she told me that! You just happened to be eavesdroppring Wink btw did we ever find out how long it takes to realize one's bike potential (maybe we can get some good out of this thread ) Wink

Sorry.  I may have still been a little "foggy" at the time.

There's 2 pics of me on the run and I look about like I felt.  There's 2 pics of my sister (in the lost & found) and she's smiling & waving to the camera.  On a relative basis, she's really the fast one in the family right now (2nd OA female at Harriman and 1st female AGer).  And as inspiration for the OP, I watched her run her first marathon (MCM) in something like 5:30 back in the mid-'90s.  She's qualified for Boston at least 3 times now (and put up a BQ time at Boston this year).  She was completely unathletic as a child and through college.  I told her to have her checkbook ready at IMLP this year, though realistically she may still need a couple more years on the bike before her name gets called for Kona.

My middle sister took up running a little over a year ago (also no athletcis through college).  She's really the only one in the family who you could say has a "runner's build".  She's already run a 1:45 half marathon.  She may have "it".

2007-05-25 11:52 AM

User image

Not a Coach
Media, PA

sebjamesm - 2007-05-25 10:59 AM [ Uh, there really is a limit to this. I am 5'9", 140#s...I will never be 185#s, just like you will probably never be 140.

I'm sure you could get to 185 if you want. 

But seriously, all a person needs to do is get their BF% down.  A bigger person is going to have more power, so can carry more weight.  As long as not too much of it is "excess baggage", they could still run fast enough for a BQ.

I'm 6'2" or so and about 190.  I could get leaner, but even at this level I could BQ (with some focused training and a smart race).

2007-05-25 12:51 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
West Michigan

jszat - 2007-05-25 10:47 AM

I agree the lighter one gets the easier it will be, but even weight loss alone isn't a guarantee. And to clarify I was referring to fit people, those who already are approximately where they need to be weighing.

My original post was simply to counter the posts saying "everyone" can obtain a certain pace per minute, or can BQ, or even Kona if they dedicated their lives to training etc. I disagree with that and am defending those who posted with sincerity that they know themselves enough to say that even WITH dedicating their lives to training they most likely would not achieve a top 10% AG placement for example. Even if I made it sound like achieving a top 10% AG was harder than it is. This thread started to read like the ONLY thing holding people back was the amount of training time, discipline, willpower etc., when in fact that is not true.

And I'm glad Johnny Kay put the smiley face after his comment to sebjamesm that he could get to 185 if he wanted to because it's not likely. And I'm not saying anything bad about sebjamesm, it's just genetics pure and simple. Assuming steroids aren't involved of course.
2007-05-25 1:03 PM
in reply to: #817280

User image

Not a Coach
Media, PA

TriMike - 2007-05-25 12:51 PM My original post was simply to counter the posts saying "everyone" can obtain a certain pace per minute, or can BQ, or even Kona if they dedicated their lives to training etc. I disagree with that and am defending those who posted with sincerity that they know themselves enough to say that even WITH dedicating their lives to training they most likely would not achieve a top 10% AG placement for example. Even if I made it sound like achieving a top 10% AG was harder than it is. This thread started to read like the ONLY thing holding people back was the amount of training time, discipline, willpower etc., when in fact that is not true.

You misunderstand the point I (and others) are making.  Certainly, most people can't expect, for example, to train hard and win Kona or the Tour de France.  But other goals are far more realistic like, for example, placing in the top 10% in your AG in triathlons or qualifying for Boston.  Most people (with all due respect to them) do not know themselves well enough to say they could not achieve these goals.  Because most people have not even begun to take the steps that would allow them to realize that potential--either because they don't want to or don't understand what those steps really entail.

And I'm glad Johnny Kay put the smiley face after his comment to sebjamesm that he could get to 185 if he wanted to because it's not likely. And I'm not saying anything bad about sebjamesm, it's just genetics pure and simple. Assuming steroids aren't involved of course.

Actually, I wasn't referring to any PEDs...just a diet high in calories.  Give him time with doughnuts, ice cream, fast food, beer, etc. and we could get him to 185 easy.  Just don't send me the medical bills later. 

2007-05-25 1:17 PM

User image

Runner
I think there's a difference in qualifying for Boston and being in the top 10% of your AG.  One is dependent solely on your training and abilities.  The other is dependent on yours, as well as others' training and abilities.  If you happen to live in an area with a good number of races that attract the studs, then it's gonna be tough.  If you live in an area with smaller races, or less of a triathlon community, it may not be as difficult.  To BQ, you just need to beat a time, on a qualifying course.  That's it.  I can tell you, I will hopefully BQ this year, and I will probably never really be a consistent top 10% of my AG at most of the races I do.
2007-05-25 1:17 PM
in reply to: #817304

User image

Champion
Montague Gold Mines, Nova Scotia
JohnnyKay - 2007-05-25 3:03 PM
Actually, I wasn't referring to any PEDs...just a diet high in calories.  Give him time with doughnuts, ice cream, fast food, beer, etc. and we could get him to 185 easy.  Just don't send me the medical bills later. 

Been there, done that - except it wasn't 185 it was 250 and if asked, I would have told you that it was due to genetics. However, after about a year of serious triathlon training, not only did I lose weight, but my entire body comp changed. The build that I thought I had I was doomed to have forever due to genetics was entirely due to poor nutrition and inactivity.

Depending on one's goals, most people can change their body comp significantly; however this may take changes that one is not willing to make such as better nutrition or less time in the weight room.

Shane
2007-05-25 1:18 PM

User image

Pro
Libertyville, IL

TriMike - 2007-05-25 12:51 PM
jszat - 2007-05-25 10:47 AM Trimike, there are plenty of cases of weight loss on this site regarding triathlon training and progress.  I myself dropped 15 after hovering right around the 200 level for years.  That weight loss has since slowed (though now that we are back into the season that should dip) but even so, there is no doubt that 185 of me a month ago versus 185 of me a year ago is a very different body composition.  I can and does happen but its more than casual training.  So I would agree with Johnny Kay that you can in fact change body comp tremendously.
I agree the lighter one gets the easier it will be, but even weight loss alone isn't a guarantee. And to clarify I was referring to fit people, those who already are approximately where they need to be weighing. My original post was simply to counter the posts saying "everyone" can obtain a certain pace per minute, or can BQ, or even Kona if they dedicated their lives to training etc. I disagree with that and am defending those who posted with sincerity that they know themselves enough to say that even WITH dedicating their lives to training they most likely would not achieve a top 10% AG placement for example. Even if I made it sound like achieving a top 10% AG was harder than it is. This thread started to read like the ONLY thing holding people back was the amount of training time, discipline, willpower etc., when in fact that is not true. And I'm glad Johnny Kay put the smiley face after his comment to sebjamesm that he could get to 185 if he wanted to because it's not likely. And I'm not saying anything bad about sebjamesm, it's just genetics pure and simple. Assuming steroids aren't involved of course.

I remember doing my first sprint two years ago and the move to an Ironman looking impossible.  I am not there yet, but getting there.  I am tacking a long bike ride onto a sprint next weekend whereas the sprint was the goal two years ago.  Maybe I didnt know myself as well as I thought back then to think it was impossible.  If anything, maybe this mystical 'it' is simply the dumb belief that you can in fact achieve more and trudging ahead to do that?

2007-05-25 1:22 PM
in reply to: #817328

User image

Pro
Libertyville, IL
gsmacleod - 2007-05-25 1:17 PM
JohnnyKay - 2007-05-25 3:03 PM Actually, I wasn't referring to any PEDs...just a diet high in calories.  Give him time with doughnuts, ice cream, fast food, beer, etc. and we could get him to 185 easy.  Just don't send me the medical bills later. 

Been there, done that - except it wasn't 185 it was 250 and if asked, I would have told you that it was due to genetics. However, after about a year of serious triathlon training, not only did I lose weight, but my entire body comp changed. The build that I thought I had I was doomed to have forever due to genetics was entirely due to poor nutrition and inactivity. Depending on one's goals, most people can change their body comp significantly; however this may take changes that one is not willing to make such as better nutrition or less time in the weight room. Shane

I was genetically disposed to beer (drink lots!) and fish frys for years as a Wisconsinite.  I was convinced I was stuck at 2 bills for life.

2007-05-25 1:24 PM

User image

Elite
Muskego, WI

My middle sister took up running a little over a year ago (also no athletcis through college).  She's really the only one in the family who you could say has a "runner's build".  She's already run a 1:45 half marathon.  She may have "it".

This is the "it" person I was talking about.  I have friends like this (not on BT).  She probably still works hard, and I give her props and she deserves success.

Let me go forward a bit with TriMike as back-up (since he's big and can kick-azz if necessary    )  How about dunking a basketball?  There's a guy in IL (I think) that runs a clinic that GUARANTEES within x-period of time, like 7-weeks, you can dunk a basketball.  He gives you all kinds of drills, etc. to get you there.  Phenomenal success rate.

Now, I think we all understand that some people will be able to do this faster and easier than others, right?  Perhaps we can all do it as his success rate dictates.  But a sampling based on height, weight, jumping ability, age, etc. will show a disparity in success rate and effort involved, I'm sure.

Again, ALL successful endurance athletes (defined as top-10% age group and/or BQ) work hard.  However, I think the path to getting there is wide and there's disparity there.  Some have "it" and their platform, or base, starting point is a bit easier.  It took 3-years of fairly consistent, reasonable (but admittedly not maximal) effort to get a 1:44 half-mary for me. 

ALL I am saying JohhnyKay is, can we just agree that your sister has some inate biological talents that perhaps I don't have?  And, for the record, AGAIN, I am not defeatist, and will work as hard as life allows to accept future potential.  I do not use talent/lack of talent as a crutch.  As I stated earlier, my non-BT talented friends will feel me breathing down their neck one day, and hopefully soon.  I will concede that my statements regarding NEVER being able to x... were probably too strong given further thought.  But it is illogical to assume there isn't a cross-section of "talent" in the top 10% in this sport.  Not exclusive, but certainly a majority (51%+).

2007-05-25 1:46 PM
in reply to: #817339

User image

Not a Coach
Media, PA
morey1 - 2007-05-25 1:24 PM

This is the "it" person I was talking about.  I have friends like this (not on BT).  She probably still works hard, and I give her props and she deserves success.

Let me go forward a bit with TriMike as back-up (since he's big and can kick-azz if necessary    )  How about dunking a basketball?  There's a guy in IL (I think) that runs a clinic that GUARANTEES within x-period of time, like 7-weeks, you can dunk a basketball.  He gives you all kinds of drills, etc. to get you there.  Phenomenal success rate.

Now, I think we all understand that some people will be able to do this faster and easier than others, right?  Perhaps we can all do it as his success rate dictates.  But a sampling based on height, weight, jumping ability, age, etc. will show a disparity in success rate and effort involved, I'm sure.

Again, ALL successful endurance athletes (defined as top-10% age group and/or BQ) work hard.  However, I think the path to getting there is wide and there's disparity there.  Some have "it" and their platform, or base, starting point is a bit easier.  It took 3-years of fairly consistent, reasonable (but admittedly not maximal) effort to get a 1:44 half-mary for me. 

ALL I am saying JohhnyKay is, can we just agree that your sister has some inate biological talents that perhaps I don't have?  And, for the record, AGAIN, I am not defeatist, and will work as hard as life allows to accept future potential.  I do not use talent/lack of talent as a crutch.  As I stated earlier, my non-BT talented friends will feel me breathing down their neck one day, and hopefully soon.  I will concede that my statements regarding NEVER being able to x... were probably too strong given further thought.  But it is illogical to assume there isn't a cross-section of "talent" in the top 10% in this sport.  Not exclusive, but certainly a majority (51%+).

I never said (or meant to imply) the trajectory of everybody would be equal.  Some people may possess enough of "it" to progress very quickly and may make it to the targets we're talking about with less work than we might otherwise expect.  Their ultimate potential is also higher.  Others may have a solid enough background that they've (perhaps even unknowingly) already put in a lot more of the base work than others.  My sister, specifically, may either have "it" (genetics) or simply have benefitted from starting out at near an optimal runner's body comp.

Edited by JohnnyKay 2007-05-25 1:46 PM
2007-05-25 1:55 PM
in reply to: #817339

User image

Extreme Veteran
West Michigan
morey1 - 2007-05-25 1:24 PM

Morey 1 is saying what I've unsuccessfully been trying to articulate.

Johnny K, I have a scenario for you: If you take 100 men, all aged 35-39, all weighing 200 pounds, all workout about the same, three runs, three bikes, three swims per week. Nutrition is very similar too, then you take those same 100 men and give them coaching (for the sake of my example the coaching is good), and after say six months time, are all 100 going to see the same dramatic improvements in their workouts? Or is it possible some may break down with the intensity, some may just have marginal improvements, and some may start winning events?

My point is, there's no 100% to anything in training, and all I was trying to point out at the very beginning is that there are people who recognize their genetic restraints and they aren't wrong for not proving it to others by upping the training intensity to the point where it may no longer be fun for them.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Do you just have "it" or not? Rss Feed  

of 8