BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Slornow and Wannabefaster's mentor group...Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 49

2016-01-07 12:57 PM
in reply to: slornow

User image

Subject: RE: Slornow and Wannabefaster's mentor group..."We're back!"

Originally posted by slornow

Question for the group: Do you do any strength training and if so what do you do?  I would include yoga and non traditional strength work in the question. 

None.  Don't really have time for it.  If I did have time, I would probably opt for something like yoga more than strength training.  My flexibility is pretty poor.

2016-01-07 1:50 PM
in reply to: TankBoy

User image

@ TankBoy,

I think its hard to gauge my effort, but I think part of the problem may be in the that climb, it kills me and takes me awhile to recover. maybe I should focus on turning the climb into an interval, and then maybe do a few shorter ones here and there until I get around back to the forsaken hill.

One thing that makes me scared of doing a full out sprint, is its pretty dark there, granted I have a insanely bright light that helps a lot though, but still rather spooky in the dark. Felt like I was in some horror movie at times.
2016-01-07 2:59 PM

User image

Expert
Charlottesville, Virginia
Subject: RE: Slornow and Wannabefaster's mentor group...Closed
Originally posted by TankBoy

Stuart - that is an amazing story; inspiring that you seem to have figured out how to stick with and adjust goals despite the significant injuries and setbacks. FWIW it always seems that the "fishes from birth" that I know have a similar love/hate relationship with the bike and run. Most of my close friends that are early onset swimmers have gigantic engines One of the reasons I try to swim a lot as it seems the best way to build cardiovascular system, and over the past few years as I have upped my pool time via masters I think it has actually made my running much better. The other things that all my fish friends seem to have in common is that they are a) big/tall, b) have incredibly flexible joints, especially ankles, and c) no real history of weight bearing exercise. Coupled with the big motors, this seems to be a great recipe for cycling, but maybe not so much for running?

I pretty much fit that description, Rusty (awesome bio btw). Though didn't swim for about 30 years, still came back reasonably well. Run has always been a struggle. At 6'4" not a natural biker, but still do relatively well vs. competition and vs. the run portion.

That's a really interesting observation about the swimming helping the running. Because I'm a reasonably good swimmer, I've always tried to put extra time into the run, but I did do one tri where I had done extra swimming the prior month or two (working up to a 2 mile swim race) and the run was better than I expected even though I had been de-emphasizing the run leading up to the race.

Stu
2016-01-07 3:16 PM
in reply to: juneapple

User image

Master
...at home in The ATL
Well, take it with a grain of salt, because I got no science to back it up! I do believe in consistent specificity, particularly in the areas in which we need the most improvement. I am fortunate to have a lot of time in my legs so like your swimming, my run seems to come back quickly; I just don't need a whole lot of fast, hard running anymore to run (reasonably) fast on race day. Which is a good thing, because I just don't recover from hard runs like I used to. As an example, I can do 20x1:20 hard in the pool day after day. I am capable of doing that same effort/interval on the track, but if I were to do so I would be shelled for weeks! I think that is why swimmers have such big aerobic engines, which translates better to cycling than running. So runners benefit a lot more from swimming more than swimmers do by running more.
2016-01-07 3:18 PM
in reply to: juneapple

User image

Expert
Charlottesville, Virginia
Yesterday was the kind of day that set me back in the Fall. 5 minutes for lunch and didn't get home from work until 9pm. Made dinner and then hit the hay. Really takes the wind out of my sails. Did my run workout today and then jumped in the pool to partially make up for yesterday. The workout really wasn't the point, it was more just to remind me of the importance of making it a priority. First back to back workout in a long time. Ouch.

Stu

P.S. I need a couch in my office for naps ;-)

2016-01-07 6:21 PM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Mtnbikerchk/MBC/Randee

Story: was never really a very active kid - did what I had to - to get by. I played high school softball and skiied a ton (both of which you can do fat). After college I took up mountain biking (which was always followed by beer and burgers). At at 37 DH decided he was tired of being fat so started running. After a year of following him around to races etc I decided if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Fast forward, to age 42 and probably 2 years on these forums I did my first IM. And next year I'm going back to do better - and DH is doing it too.

Family: DH, 2 cats and 1 greyhound

Training: I hired a new coach this year - she promises to kick my so we'll see

2016: IMMT in August, Patriot 70.3 in June - and we'll see what else comes up

2015: IMMT was the big one. I had a coach - didn't like his style although I did make it to the finish line in one piece. All my races are in my profile if you care to look. Nothing spectacular but not bad for someone who never ran before 4 years ago.

Weightloss - yeah, I'm up a few lbs. I'd like to get down another 5 but I'm an CPA and we're heading into Tax Season and that's always a battle.

So I've read all your stories and it looks like a good group this season!

Randy - so glad you and Jason are back

Jason - I thought of you during the run at IMMT. I said "Jason once said there's a time in the middle of the run that you think 'I can't go on' but you can and you just have to ignore your head.' That really helped me!

Quincy - glad to see another chick around here Training at Elevation scares me but something tells me that you'll have a great advantage over us flatlanders soon enough!

Senator (I may call you that) - Mike - Your story sounds a little like mine

Ben - If I could quit my job and start over with a new career, it would be in your field for sure. I used to be a gym rat and I still love going. Even though my focus has changed a little since endurance sports it's still awesome to see results.

Ed - welcome to the group. This is the group to help you get your spark back.

Nicole - Another chick!! I've been through the stress fracture thing - it's not fun. Sounds like you did all the right stuff to get back on track.

Jason N - Hawaii!!!! I love it there.

To be continued shortly................

2016-01-07 6:52 PM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Marc - you'll have to teach me your french swear words. I could use some new language for the bike test I have coming up!

Scott - I had no idea what Golden Cheetah was and I had to google it Family, work, training - always tough to balance!

Stu - I'm a stress eater too - I think it's more the norm these days. We'll get fitter together.

Brian - I totally agree - action sports get tougher on the body the older we get. I don't really mountain bike anymore and I do miss it.

Kevin - welcome back! I think I was in your group before.Congrats on your Boston Marathon!!

Rusty - another Mtber - welcome! And I think a dog with the name Rusty has a human name.

Steven - Congrats on your upcoming wedding Don't worry, the bride does all the work leading up to the big day. You just have to stand there and smile

Jim - congrats on Kona - so exciting!

STUART is back - he's the go to guy for all things swimming!

ok I hope I got everyone..............

POWER - I bought a power2max this fall. So far no complaints - other than it reads lower than I hoped it would

Nutrition - I'm insane with spreadsheets. SO FYI if you are looking for let's say, nutritional info comparison, or saddle comparisons, or IM race comparisons, chances are I have a spreadsheet for it.

ROCK ON! PHEW I'm exhausted!
2016-01-07 6:56 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by mtnbikerchk

Marc - you'll have to teach me your french swear words. I could use some new language for the bike test I have coming up!

Sure. And they always come in handy up at Tremblant.

Did you go to the awards ceremony the day after IMMT? I am the one that translated the French portion of Jordan's victory speech. No curse words involved :-)
2016-01-07 7:27 PM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Master
South Alabama

Wow, busy group here today.

After easy run this morning my legs felt like crap so plan was for an easy bike tonight.  Decided I would try  to push it a little and did 12/15/18 min intervals at about 80% FTP on 3 min easy and finished with 8-10 30 sec efforts @ 125%.  Legs actually felt pretty good once I got into it.  Certainly not a killer workout but more fun than easy pedaling for an hour or so.  So, no matter how crappy you feel chances are it will get better if you at least start the workout.

Anybody got big weekend plans...other than Nicole crushing it in Chile? 

2016-01-07 7:54 PM

User image

Randy, I always felt that the initial part of a short ride is always tough whether your legs feel a little wasted or they are fresh.  The fact that it's a shorter workout means you hit the harder stuff sooner, most likely when you're legs aren't really ready for it.  Somehow as I get into the harder part of shorter workouts...it gets a little easier...until you hit the end when naturally it gets hard.  I always felt that a warm up should be 30 minutes for the bike...but hard to do when you only have 50-70 minutes to ride.  But in preparation for time trials...I always do a long warm up.  Road races generally the warm up is the beginning of the race.

Two things I'm doing this weekend.

1.  Someone set up this cool thing that integrates with Strava where you can link multiple segments together to form a cumulative leader board.  So basically 8 local climbs were selected and from Jan 1st to Feb 29th you can ride those 8 climbs/segments as many times as you want and your best time on each climb will be added together automatically based on the Strava segments it records.  Obviously you need a GPS device and a Strava account, but enough people in the community have it to make it a pretty good challenge.  I plan to start hitting a few of those climbs on Saturday.

2.  There is a new off road bike trail/park that is opening up and there will be an all day event on Sunday.  CX race in the morning, XC mountain bike race in the afternoon and ride as much as you want casually in between.  It's on the North Shore of Oahu (Turtle Bay Resorts property for those that are familiar) so it's an awesome venue to not only ride but head out to the beach and just enjoy the day.  This is somewhat of a trial run for the property who is aiming to have more of these type of events that not only involve a ride/race, but also amenities such as entertainment, camp areas, food vendors, etc.  We don't have anything like this currently in Hawaii...I know it exists in the mainland and other areas of the world where cycling is much more popular.  Pretty stoked about it.

2016-01-07 8:42 PM

User image

Expert
Madison, Wisconsin
Originally posted by marcag

Originally posted by bcagle25

Marc-at some point when you have a few minutes I would like your thoughts on Heart Rate Variability.  I have the ithlete app and plan to get a bluetooth compatible HR strap.  Do you use a strap or the finger monitor?

Thanks

I will post more on it, but yes I do use it with a HR strap. I use the 4iiii strap because it also can be used as an Ant+/Bluetooth bridge.

Which HRV tool are you using, we used BioForce last year.

Seems to me the consensus so far with most of the reputable coaches in triathlon with HRV is that no one really knows how to use the data yet. I know it was a big discussion point at the ITU Paris sports conference last year and didn't seem like anyone walked away with much use for it right now.

I use iThlete. At one point I questioned some data and verified it with the HRV on the 920xt and it was accurate.
I have 18months of my data, 6 months of another athlete and 3 months of a third. Overlaying HRV, with training metrics with performance metrics you can see the major patterns.
I am not surprised some people have not taken the time to see what they could do with it. I don't think there it's as simple as the little green, amber, red indicator given by ithlete. I would say that one indicator can be very misleading.
I do believe iit provides valuable data to tell when you are getting yourself into trouble, People claim they can tell via other sources which is true but people tend to exagrate this ability. Another data point does provide valuable insight and can be better than trial and error.
There are federations in sports, other than triathlon that use it to monitor the state of their Olympic level athletes.

So what are the patterns and what do you do with the data? Do you change the upcoming sessions? How far out in advance?

3 people showing similarities is good, still a very small group, but as long as those patterns continue you'll be able to be more confident in your approach with HRV and applying it as you do.

I know it is a big tool with UFC right now.

2016-01-07 8:43 PM
in reply to: bcagle25

User image

Expert
Madison, Wisconsin
Batteries went out on my ride today on my PT, always a great chance to recalibrate my RPE.

I use HR, power, and pace as training metrics and the pace clock in the water. But everything always has an RPE rating as I find that the most useful and important tool in training.
2016-01-07 8:47 PM
in reply to: Jason N

User image

Expert
Madison, Wisconsin
Originally posted by Jason N

Data is only useful if you know what to do with it.  Data itself...isn't really anything but numbers.  I use trainingpeaks (as well as my coach) to analyze my power files and track TSS.  I've only been coached for 2 months now, and prior to that I have been using some form of software to monitor my power files for the last 6 years.

For now, being that you are new to power, the most important thing is that you at least save all your workout files for historical reference.  Do not delete them even if you feel you have no use for them now.  You may have use for them later if you (or someone else like a coach) wants to see how your workouts have progressed week to week, month to month, season to season.

During off season, I don't think it's that critical to track TSS that much.  You generally see more worth as you approach races so you can balance your training load high enough for maximum fitness, while also managing recovery so you feel fresh.  As you get more into the data though, you can track season to season and how you performed based on your performance management chart.

Agree with a lot of this. I think a lot of people like all the metrics as it gives a more clear picture and validation of progression, other then "feeling" fit. The more data you collect the more accurate and the more you can do with it. But as with anything it does have it's disadvantages, and can blind athletes sometimes.

I don't really use or track TSS as for me personally I see workouts through the big picture, that is why the PM chart is a bit more useful, but still more or less a training metric I go by loosely. As I stated above I am still big, or at least being well in-tune with RPE.
2016-01-07 8:49 PM

User image

Expert
Madison, Wisconsin

Originally posted by SenatorClayDavis Here's a question for those who are experienced in using data for training. I've been training on the bike with a power meter for two months now. I'm following the Trainerroad plans and intend to stick with the program for the season (base, build, and race-specific phases). I haven't really been "using" the data all that much - I look at the files that Trainerroad shows after each ride, but that's about it. For now I'm just doing what the program tells me without any real analysis. Up to this point I've used BT for a training log and GarminConnect to look at data from rides/runs (though at this point in the season with everything indoors there's not much data to really look at). So my question is, what should I really expect to get out of something like TrainingPeaks or Golden Cheetah? Is it really all that important to track overall TSS, for example? Am I going to get much better data than I'm already getting from Garmin or Trainerroad? Basically, is getting a TrainingPeaks account, for example, something I'll find useful and regret not doing earlier, or is it just an alternative to what I'm already doing?

I have been using Raceday Apollo Software which was developed by Dr. Phil Skiba.  This is how my coach delivered and reviewed my workouts.  I like the program and it calculates a TSS for swim, bike and run based on numbers you set as critical power, threshold pace /HR for the run and threshold pace for the swim.  It also generates graphs to show when you should be peaking based on inputed workouts.  I like it and Jason A. also uses it as we have used the same coach.  Not sure how much it is now but I think it was previously a one time payment of $99.  http://physfarm.com/new/

I have been tinkering with switching over to Apollo for awhile and seeing how it works out of curiosity. I know Steve uses it with all his athletes. Have you, or Steve mentioned the big reasons to the differences from TP other then it's Skiba's model?
2016-01-07 9:03 PM

User image

Master
South Alabama

Ben-I never talked with Steve specifically about the pros/cons of using Raceday.  Seems pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it....like most programs/systems.  I would email Steve directly and get his thoughts.  Make sure to include a good dirty joke to reel him in.

2016-01-07 9:05 PM
in reply to: Jason N

User image

Master
South Alabama

Originally posted by Jason N

Randy, I always felt that the initial part of a short ride is always tough whether your legs feel a little wasted or they are fresh.  The fact that it's a shorter workout means you hit the harder stuff sooner, most likely when you're legs aren't really ready for it.  Somehow as I get into the harder part of shorter workouts...it gets a little easier...until you hit the end when naturally it gets hard.  I always felt that a warm up should be 30 minutes for the bike...but hard to do when you only have 50-70 minutes to ride.  But in preparation for time trials...I always do a long warm up.  Road races generally the warm up is the beginning of the race.

Two things I'm doing this weekend.

1.  Someone set up this cool thing that integrates with Strava where you can link multiple segments together to form a cumulative leader board.  So basically 8 local climbs were selected and from Jan 1st to Feb 29th you can ride those 8 climbs/segments as many times as you want and your best time on each climb will be added together automatically based on the Strava segments it records.  Obviously you need a GPS device and a Strava account, but enough people in the community have it to make it a pretty good challenge.  I plan to start hitting a few of those climbs on Saturday.

2.  There is a new off road bike trail/park that is opening up and there will be an all day event on Sunday.  CX race in the morning, XC mountain bike race in the afternoon and ride as much as you want casually in between.  It's on the North Shore of Oahu (Turtle Bay Resorts property for those that are familiar) so it's an awesome venue to not only ride but head out to the beach and just enjoy the day.  This is somewhat of a trial run for the property who is aiming to have more of these type of events that not only involve a ride/race, but also amenities such as entertainment, camp areas, food vendors, etc.  We don't have anything like this currently in Hawaii...I know it exists in the mainland and other areas of the world where cycling is much more popular.  Pretty stoked about it.

Jason-that sounds like an awesome weekend in some stellar locations! Enjoy.

2016-01-07 10:57 PM

User image

Regular
Roseville, CA

Batteries went out on my ride today on my PT, always a great chance to recalibrate my RPE.

I use HR, power, and pace as training metrics and the pace clock in the water. But everything always has an RPE rating as I find that the most useful and important tool in training.

That's funny because my 910 was dead today when I went to go for a swim. I can't stand not having it to the point I almost didn't go. Jumped in anyway and it actually wasn't that bad not worrying about time as much. Plus I am just getting back in the pool after quite a bit of time away so I just need to turn laps more than anything.
2016-01-07 11:12 PM

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Quincy - glad to see another chick around here Training at Elevation scares me but something tells me that you'll have a great advantage over us flatlanders soon enough!

Seriously! This place is a sausage fest! I'm used to it, but jeez, I need some girlfriends!

So are you a Mountain biker chick? Because I have exciting news! I need to learn about MTB because we are probably going to buy some this spring (OMG). I feel overwhelmed by the difference in bike technology. Any thoughts on articles or websites to read to bone up? The nearest trail is about 300' from my front door, I need to get on it!

The altitude is dangerously useful as an excuse. I am starting to see some progress though. As I am violently competitive, I hope I will have an advantage whenever I go lower. Or at least not cry as much.
2016-01-07 11:30 PM
in reply to: quincyf

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Regarding strength training, this is a big question for me, so I tried to narrow it down. The answer for me, is, of course I need to do it, regularly, year round (40+ caucasian female, hello, osteoporosis, is that you? No, I don't want any right now, thanks).

But I don't just want to do strength training without any specificity. Yes, general ST is good, but how can I do it so it helps me? So I looked at each sport and I came up with a strength related deficit related to each sport. Now, how do I fix it.

Swimming: I beat the living out of my right shoulder racing CX in 2011. Tore the entire backside of my labrum which required a painful and elaborate ship in a bottle surgery. I am always looking for ways to strengthen my shoulder. To stabilize it. So, small muscle exercises to stabilize my shoulder.

Running: I struggle with a leg length issue. I also have a strength imbalance between my quads and my hamstrings (strong). Need to work on my quads.

Cycling: I have a strong core in general, but I have some sort of cycling related core weakness. When I am on my roadie, I want to lock my elbows out. Even on a spin bike, I feel like I am falling forward off of my saddle and want to lock my arms out to hold myself up. How to fix this.

Not looking for coaching, but ideas to find answers to these questions.

In general beyond my specific concerns, I do really well with a total body circuit, done 3x through, 3x a week.
2016-01-08 5:30 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

Did you go to the awards ceremony the day after IMMT? I am the one that translated the French portion of Jordan's victory speech. No curse words involved :-)

NO I didn't! DAMN. Will you be there this year?!

And Quincy I'm still and old school MTBer - that means my wheels are only 26" (of course I'm 5'2" so I;m not even sure how I'd do on a 27.5/29er! MTBR.com is the big one for bike sites. Mountain bikers are a different breed than triathletes. If you find a local IMBA chapter or something similar that would probably be your best bet - like FB group or something.
2016-01-08 6:00 AM

User image

Master
...at home in The ATL
Tracking Nicole is the most exciting thing I have going on this weekend. Classes start next week so I am pretty well slammed with work through the weekend.Jason - that sounds like a fantastic venue. We have similar here (except for the being in Hawaii part, which makes it completely different - heh). Mountain biking was introduced as an Olympic sport in Atlanta during the 1996 games. The race venue was constructed about 35 minutes south east of here. We all refer to it as "The Horse Park" as it was also the site of the equestrian venue (well seperated from the cycling). Over the years both the horse and bike riding courses have been expanded, and there are a whole host of cycling, equestrian, and running events held there annually, including the trail Ragnar relay, which is a lot of fun, as it is a great place to trail run as well. It is open to the public daily for free, whenever there is not an organized event going on. I am pretty sure it would be even better if it were in Hawaii, however.

2016-01-08 6:01 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran

So what are the patterns and what do you do with the data? Do you change the upcoming sessions? How far out in advance?

3 people showing similarities is good, still a very small group, but as long as those patterns continue you'll be able to be more confident in your approach with HRV and applying it as you do.

I know it is a big tool with UFC right now.

I think the biggest potential of HRV is detecting when a person is getting to the edge of overtraining. You can argue that "a good coach" can figure that out by the load the give, but they are not taking into account the stress from other areas in the person's lives. Travel, family, sickness, sleep, booze.....are all things we have trouble quantifying the impact on top of the training load on the athletes body.

In 2013 I traveled 140,000 air miles in one year. The toll this had on my body was incredible. Yet I wanted to train and race and my coach at the time was prescribing a "reasonable" load. But I went over. I wanted to perform, I wasn't going to "whine" about my jet lag, not feeling well, maybe I need "less". . I was your typical "A" type athlete, more is more, less is less. I was hitting all my prescribed workouts. But I went WAY over the line. And BTW, I was coached by someone you would label as a top tier coach. And he is. He couldn't peer into the details of my life and as the athlete I did not have the objectivity to say maybe I'm pushing too hard. We don't know what too hard is. Some elites do because they have been doing this for years. And BTW, some very savvy elites are using HRV on themselves.

HRV is like a thermometer that is able to detect fever. It can detect when your body is fighting back too much and something is wrong. It's up to you to figure out what and how to fix it.

There was a recent study that showed 3 groups of IM athletes, one continued with normal load during the last 3 weeks of training before taper. The other two groups went into a 30% increase in load. Of those 2 groups that increased,, one went into a state of overtraining, the other managed to stay right at the edge but not go over. That group did significantly better than the other 2. All groups went through a full taper, so the overtrained group did still have time to recover. There are times you want to go to the edge without going over. How do you measure "going over" ?

I can also see that with a few rounds you can assess what type of training load will put a person into a state of bad fatigue. I know what kind of TSB drops or CTL ramps or days without rest will do it.

As for how does it change workouts, when you see 5-6 days of HRV creeping down, a few measures below a given point time to take a rest day or some easy sessions until it starts coming back.

I have heard different people have more or less success with it but usually for very different reasons. If person X does not have success with it, it's usually for reasons other than the "technology" does not work. I know some coaches have trouble getting their athletes to measure consistently. Or they don't have a simple way to assess the data. Or they are afraid one bad data measure and the athlete will slam on the brakes. All valid reasons.

2016-01-08 6:06 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran

NO I didn't! DAMN. Will you be there this year?!

And Quincy I'm still and old school MTBer - that means my wheels are only 26" (of course I'm 5'2" so I;m not even sure how I'd do on a 27.5/29er! MTBR.com is the big one for bike sites. Mountain bikers are a different breed than triathletes. If you find a local IMBA chapter or something similar that would probably be your best bet - like FB group or something.

I probably will be.

I wasn't actually there last year. He called me after the race and asked me if he could send it to me. He sent the speech very late, after he did the midnight finisher line ritual. I translated and recorded a sound file the next morning. I sent it by email that he listened to over and over and memorized those 3 or 4 minutes of French. Come to think of it, I could have thrown in some good French curse words :-)

2016-01-08 6:08 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by TankBoy

Tracking Nicole is the most exciting thing I have going on this weekend. Classes start next week so I am pretty well slammed with work through the weekend.Jason - that sounds like a fantastic venue. We have similar here (except for the being in Hawaii part, which makes it completely different - heh). Mountain biking was introduced as an Olympic sport in Atlanta during the 1996 games. The race venue was constructed about 35 minutes south east of here. We all refer to it as "The Horse Park" as it was also the site of the equestrian venue (well seperated from the cycling). Over the years both the horse and bike riding courses have been expanded, and there are a whole host of cycling, equestrian, and running events held there annually, including the trail Ragnar relay, which is a lot of fun, as it is a great place to trail run as well. It is open to the public daily for free, whenever there is not an organized event going on. I am pretty sure it would be even better if it were in Hawaii, however.

She and her bike made it safe and sound. Apparently she ended up in the wine section of the local store. We haven't heard from her since. Just kidding.

2016-01-08 6:11 AM

User image

Master
...at home in The ATL
Jason - the stuff folks are doing with automating strava data is really cool - and the climb aggregation is an awesome example of that. Zwift racing does something similar. There is a site that auto-agregates the data to generate podiums, overall placement and class rankings for every organized race. All you have to do is put the race name and class you were racing in the title of your workout and "Bam!" You see where you stand, which is pretty depressing in my case!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Slornow and Wannabefaster's mentor group...Closed Rss Feed  

of 49

RELATED POSTS

Manatee Mentors 2016 - Closed Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 112

Started by cdban66
Views: 56549 Posts: 2782

2016-04-12 12:54 AM StaceyK

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 26 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 14, 2011
author : AMSSM
comments : 2
What is the recommended way to recover from a cycling-related lower back injury?

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
comments : 0
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.