General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Deanna Babcock - Thoughts and Prayers Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 22

2007-08-08 7:10 AM
in reply to: #898191

User image

Champion
Two seat rocket plane
Subject: RE: Deanna Babcock - Thoughts and Prayers

I have been following this story for a while and have not weighed in, I guess that now's the time. I just want to add another voice to those who are wishing Deanna well. She sounds like an amazing girl and I can only hope and pray that she comes out of this ordeal OK.

Thank you for keeping us updated. We really do care.

2007-08-08 8:03 AM

New user

St John US Virgin Islands
Chris,
Thank you so much for these up dates. You must be a really neat guy and I hope I will have the opportunity to meet you some time in the future. All of us who know and love Deanna are reading your notes everyday. You are proving yourself to be not only a loving and loyal friend to Dee but a God send to us, who are far away, and look forward to your posts on her condition. Thank you Chris and the next time you are in her room please squeeze her hand and let her know her friends old, new and those names who grace these pages are all with her. Every day every minute.

God bless you
Denise
2007-08-08 8:09 AM

Just wanted to drop a note from your Babcock family in Livonia, MI. We wish you well Deanna, you're in our thoughts and prayers every day. They say that everything happens for a reason although we may not understand why but you'll get through this.

Dean
2007-08-08 9:16 AM

Veteran
God will test each one of us, but not beyond what we are capable of enduring. With each new obstacle in life we grow stronger as we move forth. Deanna you WILL overcome this!! God is with you right now; so many are praying for you, cheering you on!!! Remember to keep your faith in the Lord and He will protect you and give you the strength you ask for/need!! Hebrews 11:1 says," Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." He will comfort you in your greatest time of need, as it is written in Isaiah 66:13," As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you." Do not give up Deanna!!! God has a special purpose for you in life, and this is just a stepping stone to overcome(albeit a BIG one) in the path to Him.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28)

To Deanna's family, thank you for keeping us updated on her status. May God bless you and comfort you in this time of need. You have many people supporting you and Deanna!!

With Love,
Mike
2007-08-08 10:18 AM

User image

Regular
Has that fund been set up for Deanna's leg?? Let us know when it is.
2007-08-08 12:56 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Clayton/Raleigh, North Carolina

Wow, I just read this thread today for the first time and I have spent the last hour at work reading - I couldn't stop, what an amazing story. My thoughts and prayers will be with your whole family as you slowly recover from this tragedy. Please let us know when you have the fund set up for donations - I'm sure there are a lot of people in the BT family who would like to help out.

2007-08-08 1:35 PM

User image

Good Morning,

It was a great start today they called me before 9 and wanted me to come and see Deanna sitting on the edge of the bed. She did this for at least 15 minutes with some help, Boy did this make her tired!

We met with her psychiatrist this am and he is going to be helping to test her cognitive skills. He seems to have some very good credentials with an area of expertise in dealing with hypoxia. He will be doing an MRI very soon to help give him a base line reading on the results. He also is going to be using some cutting edge drugs that will help her regain any cognitive skills she has lost. He did say that this also would be a very baby step process. The best part for whatever reason, he is willing to do all this pro bono.
LOVE to all,
Dee's MOM
2007-08-08 1:39 PM
in reply to: #918380

User image

Regular
Whooo hoooo, the best of the best.. AND for free! How exciting. Keep us posted of course!!
2007-08-08 2:00 PM

User image

Master
Calgary, Alberta
Wow - that is great news.  Congrats to Deanna and her family.
2007-08-08 3:08 PM

User image

Veteran

Great news on the pro bono.  Keep us posted and let us know when a fund is set up for her prosthetic.

In reference to an earlier post about Deanna becoming an inspiration....she already is.  Keep it going!!!

2007-08-08 4:24 PM

User image

Master
Chicago
This is all wonderful news...Deanna and all of her family and friends continue to be in my prayers.

She is such an unbelievable inspiration to us all!! I hope I get the honor to meet her one day.

Stay strong, all of you!!

2007-08-08 6:54 PM

Although I have never met Deanna I grew up with her father in Tawas and received this link from family members. Deanna has been added to the prayer lists for the MacMurray family and our thoughts and prayers are going out not only for Deanna that she receive healing but also for strength for her entire immediate and extended family. This is certainly a terrible tragedy but it sounds like the sun is beginning to shine once more for her. I know that it will take time to recover but with GOD on herside anything is possible.
2007-08-09 6:40 AM

User image

DEANNA - THURSDAY, AUG. 9
Good morning,
Yesterday was an overall positive day for Deanna. Late yesterday
morning into early afternoon, she had the neck catheter that clogged
replaced and the 4 hour dialysis procedure was preformed. Her parents
and grandfather met with a neuropsychologis yesterday. He brought up
the apparent fact that Deanna's recovery will take months, not days or
weeks like we had all hoped. She may be physically ready to recover,
but it may take her a while to recover from her loss. Last night at
about 8:30, they proceeded with an MRI to find if any damage had been
done to her brain. From all the signs we have seen, it doesn't look to
be true at all. At 5 pm, she seemed to be irritated with the dialysis.
This may have meant she was in a little too much pain when she was
trying to talk over the tracheotomy. The nurses provided her with more
pain medication and it seemed to relax her a bit. A few minutes later,
she seemed to be comfortable and resting for her next move to the MRI
room. There was really nothing else major to report, which is a good
thing. She continues to progress and we will all pray for her.

-Chris

2007-08-09 9:22 AM
in reply to: #919237

User image

Cycling Guru
Fulton, MD

Great progress and truly uplifting to hear good things.

I'm seriously thinking of putting something on my Tri-top for IMFL to honor her fight and recovery as it has been inspiring to follow her progress.

If you can think of anything that might be appropriate please let us know!

2007-08-09 9:37 AM
in reply to: #919471

User image

Master
Chicago
Daremo - 2007-08-09 9:22 AM

Great progress and truly uplifting to hear good things.

I'm seriously thinking of putting something on my Tri-top for IMFL to honor her fight and recovery as it has been inspiring to follow her progress.

If you can think of anything that might be appropriate please let us know!

Rick-
Funny that you should mention that you are going to put something on your shirt of IMFL, as a bunch of us BT'ers here in Chicago, and Wisconsin are in the middle of trying to the same thing for our race next weekend.

We're not exactly sure of what it will end up being, but we all would love to show our support for Deanna and everything she's gone through, so we're trying to think of something right now that we could wear on the front of our shirts.

I said even if it was something like a strip of medical tape on our front left shoulder, with a saying on it in honor of Deanna, and I think in the pros, they do something similar when someone is hurt, or has passed away. But then a fellow BT'er from Chicago came up with a great saying like, "D'S TEAM, or TRI'ING FOR DEANNA."

There are a bunch of us doing the race, so I think that would be really cool!!
2007-08-09 9:50 AM

User image

Regular
Let me know what you guys are doing... I have a race in 2 weeks and I will do the same in honor of Deanna. Try to get pictures and we can post them or email them so Deanna can see!

So happy there are no signs of brain injury!!!!!!!

2007-08-09 11:14 AM

Alberta, Canada
I've been following this thread for quite a while now and love hearing the updates. It really allows me (actually my family) to know how to pray for Deanna and her family! I know all the updates may not be what we think is "great" news, but it is still good to hear it all.

I'm doing my very first tri in 2 weeks and was dedicating it to my 3 kids- since my oldest (7 years) is going to do a Kids of Steel, but the day will also be dedicated to Deanna. The last few weeks have been hard work getting up- with having a baby and all, but when I think of Deanna, she really inspires me to keep going.

As others have said, I would be so honored to be able to meet you someday Deanna and the rest of your family for really being a family! What a great testimony for what families really can be!

I also would love to put something on my shirt, so will continue watching this thread to see what some others are doing. Please post what you are doing!

~Rachelle
2007-08-09 4:03 PM

User image

I think that's a great idea! I'm doing my first Tri on August 18 and of course I'm doing it for Deanna! So we need to come up with a phrase or slogan for her soon. I'm thinking, "Do it for Dee Dee!" maybe have a pin or sticker or hat with it to wear during the run portion. Any other ideas??
Note here: I'm doing the Sprint in the Senior class; and with bilateral knee replacements, I will be walking the run! Someone has to finish last. Even if it's me, it will be my personal best!
2007-08-09 4:13 PM

User image

Regular
Does your family call her Dee Dee? I think you should pick what it should be... Congrats on your first tri! that is so awesome.!
2007-08-09 7:37 PM

User image

Cycling Guru
Fulton, MD

I'll be wearing my Team Gu stuff (to represent the sponsor and to earn my 100 points for goodies through the program) at IMFL and what made me think about trying to do something on the clothing is because she was training for IMFL just like I am, so we would be fellow IMers on the course.

If there is a phrase that you really like or something she always says, I'll get a stencil/screen made of it to put on the tri-top for all to see (probably something on the back so that way when I cruise past them on the bike they can all read it ).

2007-08-09 9:08 PM

User image

Master
South Florida
I am doing IMFL to raise money for MDA on behalf of a friend who's son has it...but I would definitely add something to my top to honor "Dee-Dee" as well, especially since she has been training for this race. 

2007-08-09 9:24 PM

User image

Pro
Without house
I've ordered some temporary tattoo paper that I can print on my home printer. If we come up with a phrase or pic or something, I'll see how many I can get printed (as soon as the paper comes in) and will try to mail them out to whoever may be interested.  I'm hoping the paper will come in time for the tri I'm doing on August 19th.  If I end up not getting it till after then, I'm still more then willing to print something up and mail it out.
2007-08-09 10:27 PM
in reply to: #920272

User image

Master
Chicago
Crazy Aunt Cheryl - 2007-08-09 4:03 PM

I think that's a great idea! I'm doing my first Tri on August 18 and of course I'm doing it for Deanna! So we need to come up with a phrase or slogan for her soon. I'm thinking, "Do it for Dee Dee!" maybe have a pin or sticker or hat with it to wear during the run portion. Any other ideas??
Note here: I'm doing the Sprint in the Senior class; and with bilateral knee replacements, I will be walking the run! Someone has to finish last. Even if it's me, it will be my personal best!

I would have to agree, CONGRATS on your first tri, who cares if you walk, you are doing it, right?

I would also have to agree that a family member or close friend should tell us what our slogan should be, since you are all so near and dear to Deanna, and we're like her very large, much extended family that she has inherited!!

Thanks again, and good luck on the 18th!!
2007-08-10 5:51 AM

Our very best wishes for your continual recovery...our loving thoughts are with you.

Lynn Babcock (your Dad's cousin)
John Reiter
2007-08-10 7:52 AM

Expert
How about tying a small 'blue ribbon' around our ankle, with 'Dee Dee' written on it. We could use the blue color that's used in 'first place' ribbons. Just a thought.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Deanna Babcock - Thoughts and Prayers Rss Feed  

of 22