BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 107

2015-05-11 12:36 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Seattle
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?)

Hey guys!

Ok, I just skimmed but let's see...

Mr Matt, sorry to hear about your crash. I know how it goes having the eggs in one basket like that Are there some other races that you can jump into and use that fitness you have? How are you feeling?

TJ, tell me some about the marathon! Or did you post a RR? I'm out of the loop

Hope all is well!

2015-05-11 1:01 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Seattle

I'm a touch in the dumps about being back at work. I was telling my coworkers that I think I had found my destiny: living off the land in a van.

Oh, I should back up. For those of you who didn't know, J and I spent a week on Maui. We rented a VW Westfalia and drove around and camped. 

2015-05-11 1:13 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by Asalzwed

I'm a touch in the dumps about being back at work. I was telling my coworkers that I think I had found my destiny: living off the land in a van.

Oh, I should back up. For those of you who didn't know, J and I spent a week on Maui. We rented a VW Westfalia and drove around and camped. 

That looks utterly blissful, especially that last picture!!  I think I could manage to enjoy some of that.   Going back to work after a week of nirvana would definitely qualify as sucky in my book, especially if you're leaving that for grey and rainy.

2015-05-11 1:14 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Hey guys!

Mr Matt, sorry to hear about your crash. I know how it goes having the eggs in one basket like that Are there some other races that you can jump into and use that fitness you have? How are you feeling?

Hope all is well!

I'm alright.  I'm doing a bike leg for a relay team June 6, but it will be more for fun (so I'm telling myself).  I have a MTB race also coming up in June, but this Friday I start my honeymoon trip to Italy.  I'm just going to enjoy life for the rest of the year.  The wreck sucked, but it did a good job reminding me that racing isn't everything.  

2015-05-11 1:15 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by rrrunner

Originally posted by laffinrock

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk WOW great day for Tom - congrats. Yanti - not so much :/ {{hugs}} AND it's Monday. Mondays blow. MY AC isn't working (first world problems) and it may hit 90 today. I'm working from home waiting for the garage repair guy (AC Repair is Wednesday). I have to get the AC fixed FOR THE DOG! Anyway what's on tap this week? Moderately light training week for me. Duathlon next sunday. My legs have been sluggish and I can't get my pedals to turn over fast enough - coach is looking ahead to the bigger races so this weekend will be interesting!! but again, it's only Monday. Happy belated mothers day!! back to work!

+1 for Tom!!  Way to go!!

Yanti, that run sounds completely miserable!!  Good on you for helping out a fellow racer and actually finishing, Ms. Lanterne Rouge!

My race on Wednesday has been cancelled due to a bunch of rain and several  inches of snow(!) over the weekend.  The RD said we'd be running with 5 lbs. of mud caked to our shoes due to all the moisture.  Can't say I'm overly disappointed.  I was kind of dreading the hard hills and I'm hurting a fair bit right now.

After thinking it over, I don't think my body can handle stepping up immediately to 3 double workouts a week.  This week, I'll do one B/S/B and see how it goes.  DH will have the car on Sunday so I'll take advantage of the good weather and ride to and from the rec center for my swim.  After this month, I'll have my Mondays free and I'll be able to go back to training 6 days a week for 8 weeks before the race.  Hopefully that'll be enough.

Springtime in the Rockies . Talked to my mother yesterday and she was having to cover her garden. 

I did the ABQ Brew Dash with DH and DS1 and some friends on Saturday and had a blast.  DH and I cruised at his pace then had beer with the others.  It was nice to get the legs moving in such a casual event.  DS1 busted out a mile in under 10 min so he was pretty stoked about that.

DS2 couldn't get away to call me yesterday but he did post of FB

And DS2 survived his first tropical system of the year.  Not that Ana was much but it did sit off the coast for quite a while and couldn't have done the beaches any favors.

2015-05-11 1:15 PM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by msteiner

Hey guys!

Hope all is well!

I'm alright.  I'm doing a bike leg for a relay team June 6, but it will be more for fun (so I'm telling myself).  I have a MTB race also coming up in June, but this Friday I start my honeymoon trip to Italy.  I'm just going to enjoy life for the rest of the year.  The wreck sucked, but it did a good job reminding me that racing isn't everything.  

GIRO!!!

2015-05-11 1:17 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Originally posted by jmkizer

Hey guys!

Hope all is well!

GIRO!!!

Ha!  I wonder if I can fit a hot dog costume into my carry-on. 

2015-05-11 1:24 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by rrrunner

Originally posted by laffinrock

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk WOW great day for Tom - congrats. Yanti - not so much :/ {{hugs}} AND it's Monday. Mondays blow. MY AC isn't working (first world problems) and it may hit 90 today. I'm working from home waiting for the garage repair guy (AC Repair is Wednesday). I have to get the AC fixed FOR THE DOG! Anyway what's on tap this week? Moderately light training week for me. Duathlon next sunday. My legs have been sluggish and I can't get my pedals to turn over fast enough - coach is looking ahead to the bigger races so this weekend will be interesting!! but again, it's only Monday. Happy belated mothers day!! back to work!

+1 for Tom!!  Way to go!!

Yanti, that run sounds completely miserable!!  Good on you for helping out a fellow racer and actually finishing, Ms. Lanterne Rouge!

My race on Wednesday has been cancelled due to a bunch of rain and several  inches of snow(!) over the weekend.  The RD said we'd be running with 5 lbs. of mud caked to our shoes due to all the moisture.  Can't say I'm overly disappointed.  I was kind of dreading the hard hills and I'm hurting a fair bit right now.

After thinking it over, I don't think my body can handle stepping up immediately to 3 double workouts a week.  This week, I'll do one B/S/B and see how it goes.  DH will have the car on Sunday so I'll take advantage of the good weather and ride to and from the rec center for my swim.  After this month, I'll have my Mondays free and I'll be able to go back to training 6 days a week for 8 weeks before the race.  Hopefully that'll be enough.

Springtime in the Rockies . Talked to my mother yesterday and she was having to cover her garden. 

I did the ABQ Brew Dash with DH and DS1 and some friends on Saturday and had a blast.  DH and I cruised at his pace then had beer with the others.  It was nice to get the legs moving in such a casual event.  DS1 busted out a mile in under 10 min so he was pretty stoked about that.

DS2 couldn't get away to call me yesterday but he did post of FB

And DS2 survived his first tropical system of the year.  Not that Ana was much but it did sit off the coast for quite a while and couldn't have done the beaches any favors.

He mentioned trying to get to the beach on Saturday because he had watch yesterday. It costs them $50 to get a taxi!!! He is looking for a good fish taco if you (or anyone familiar with the area) have any ideas.

2015-05-11 1:25 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

**dreamysigh**
I love Maui.
And Kauai.

Edited by mtnbikerchk 2015-05-11 1:26 PM
2015-05-11 1:30 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Hey guys!

Hope all is well!

GIRO!!!

Ha!  I wonder if I can fit a hot dog costume into my carry-on. 

One of those lycra suits that covers you head to toe would pack pretty easily....(Pictures or it didn't happen!!)  Will you get to see any stages?

Edited by laffinrock 2015-05-11 1:33 PM
2015-05-11 1:34 PM

User image

Katy, Texas
Proof of life post. Sorry to have been absent the past week or so, it was an extremely tough week. Trying to get back into a better state of mind this week.

Congrats to all the awesome racers! And Adrienne, I'm jelly!!

Edited by Jet Black 2015-05-11 1:35 PM

2015-05-11 1:58 PM

User image

Seattle

Hey guys!

Hope all is well!

Sure it's not all about racing. But it's also not all about just one race either. You've had success early on in your biking career and you've got plenty of time to keep building on it.  Likely your ability to deal with things not going your way, ESPECIALLY crashing (as it's so common in your sport) is probably a skill you want to work on from the get go. Especially when the stakes are low. Ya know? 

2015-05-11 2:04 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Hey guys!

Hope all is well!

The second and the third are important, but not as improtant as the first one above. Enjoy some down time, some alone time, and some fun time. And return energized and ready to rock part 2 of the year!

2015-05-11 2:06 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Quite often, work allows us the opportunities to LIVE, unfortunately, the doldrums hit us upon return. Reality sux sometimes, doesn't it .  It sure looks like you lived it up fully on vacay! All of the pics I saw were too cool.

2015-05-11 2:26 PM

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

Hey guys!

Hope all is well!

GIRO!!!

Ha!  I wonder if I can fit a hot dog costume into my carry-on

Bwaaahaaahaaaaaaaa!!!  Awesome.

2015-05-11 2:32 PM
in reply to: mcmanusclan5

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by mcmanusclan5

Hey guys!

Hope all is well!

GIRO!!!

Ha!  I wonder if I can fit a hot dog costume into my carry-on

Bwaaahaaahaaaaaaaa!!!  Awesome.

I think this green man suit should pack nicely

2015-05-11 2:38 PM
in reply to: Jet Black

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by Jet Black Proof of life post. Sorry to have been absent the past week or so, it was an extremely tough week. Trying to get back into a better state of mind this week. Congrats to all the awesome racers! And Adrienne, I'm jelly!!

Sorry to hear about the rough week, Sean.  Hope it gets better soon.  (((Hugs)))

2015-05-11 3:19 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by cdban66

Quite often, work allows us the opportunities to LIVE, unfortunately, the doldrums hit us upon return. Reality sux sometimes, doesn't it .  It sure looks like you lived it up fully on vacay! All of the pics I saw were too cool.

Soooo...I can't be a wander-er in a van as a career?

Baaah. I supposed the planet needs me to keep fighting the fight 

2015-05-11 4:24 PM

User image

Denver, CO

My preference, if I have any say in it, is that you keep running the race rather than fighting the fight.  That seems to make you happier and at least you get to be outside for a little while. Not sure I mean you should be running the whole *human* race, but definitely not the rat one.  

2015-05-11 6:26 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

I don't know what I'm going to do this week - my coach has me at only 4:30 hours plus my race on Sunday. I do have a band concert tonight and orchestra Thursday, but other than that, what am I supposed to do with my time?

I've never had an easy week like this before a race. I don't taper well so coach stopped giving me taper weeks. Even as a kid I would be in my own lane doing a regular workout while everyone else tapered.
2015-05-12 5:38 AM
in reply to: fortissimo

User image

Katy, Texas
Originally posted by fortissimo

I don't know what I'm going to do this week - my coach has me at only 4:30 hours plus my race on Sunday. I do have a band concert tonight and orchestra Thursday, but other than that, what am I supposed to do with my time?

I've never had an easy week like this before a race. I don't taper well so coach stopped giving me taper weeks. Even as a kid I would be in my own lane doing a regular workout while everyone else tapered.

I didn't realize how much you were killing it until I saw you pop up on strava. Way to go!!

2015-05-12 6:19 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Our best career choice is to be who we are. If we are lucky, the rest falls into place after that.

2015-05-12 9:08 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
What? It's only TUESDAY?!!

Yep Janyne - 90 in CT in May. Heat should break tonight and the AC Repair guy is coming tomorrow (you know, for the dog).

Speaking of training, my hours training are higher than I'm used to and my legs feel like lead. URGH.

One of my friends recently asked me "how's your second job going [im training]" I responded "you know, even with working and training, I STILL have more free time than when I was working 60 hours a week from Feb-April so it's going GREAT!"

Have a great day all!
RR
2015-05-12 9:18 AM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Katy, Texas
You are killing it too Randee!! Impressive!
2015-05-12 9:38 AM
in reply to: Jet Black

User image

Pennsylvania

Popping in with a Dad update - he's in the hospital and has been since Saturday evening/night.  He's improved since then, but will need to stay in the hospital for a few days yet, I imagine.  The next step isn't set in stone yet, but he likely won't be returning to his home and will need to be in a care facility.  As of now he wants to continue treatment, although there is the theory (by one of the multitude of docs that saw him over the past few days) that his severe pain he was/is experiencing was because of tumor flare from the cancer freaking out about the medicine trying to kill it.  I'm not sure if any doctors shared that info with him now that he is coherent again.  I'll put it on my to do list for tonight's visit.

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  

of 107

RELATED POSTS

Ben's Mentor Group w/ Google Hangouts! ***CLOSED*** Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8

Started by bcagle25
Views: 15885 Posts: 182

2015-03-13 3:55 PM wannabefaster

Ryan Mac’s HIM Focus Group - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26

Started by Ryan Mac
Views: 29105 Posts: 639

2015-06-15 3:22 PM Ryan Mac

TZCoaching tri getting started group! - CLOSED Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by tzcoaching
Views: 12294 Posts: 98

2015-03-01 12:25 PM tzcoaching

Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 67797 Posts: 2498

2015-02-23 11:27 AM IndoIronYanti

Gray Guys/Girls Master's Focus Triathlon Mentor Group--CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52

Started by lutzman
Views: 56433 Posts: 1284

2016-01-02 4:01 PM lutzman
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2015
author : Team BT
comments : 2
Are you new? Are you starting to train for your first race in 2015? Join a mentor group to get all of your questions answered.

date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.
date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.

date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.
date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.