Other Resources The Political Joe » Who could survive the media microscope? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

Who could survive the media microscope?
OptionResults
I have no skeletons.8 Votes - [34.78%]
I may have a few transgressions, but they're from the college years or befo5 Votes - [21.74%]
If someone started digging, I'd be screwed.10 Votes - [43.48%]

2013-08-01 1:11 PM
in reply to: DanielG

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Subject: RE: Who could survive the media microscope?
Originally posted by DanielG
Originally posted by switch

I know that people like you exist.  That there are some people who are just wired that way.  That's cool.  I just am not at all wired that way. 

And, yet, you smoked pot in JUNIOR high?  Say more about that.

Public BBS and all that so I'll keep it a bit generic. Remember, JrHS for me was in the '70s. Just about literally everyone tried pot. More times than I can remember, the two guys beside me in science class shared quaaludes. I never understood that. We were at the very tail end of the hippie stuff and right before disco brought everyone from pot to coke as a past time. Tried it. Didn't like it. Didn't see the point. Pot, not coke. Never tried anything stronger. Have a drink maybe once every five/six years if something catches my eye and sounds neat.

Hmmmm. 

Any illegal guns?

:)

2013-08-01 1:22 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Originally posted by Kido

I want to know who the 6 people are who have voted "no skeletons"

Really?  Nothing?

Chit, even Tuwood said he'd be out, and you got nothin?

I have trouble deciding what's a skeleton or not.

lol, so true.  It's so subjective because one man's skeleton can easily be another mans achievement. 

2013-08-01 1:26 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi
Not a chance.  My last two years would knock me out for sure. 
2013-08-01 1:26 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

I know that people like you exist.  That there are some people who are just wired that way.  That's cool.  I just am not at all wired that way. 

Public BBS and all that so I'll keep it a bit generic. Remember, JrHS for me was in the '70s. Just about literally everyone tried pot. More times than I can remember, the two guys beside me in science class shared quaaludes. I never understood that. We were at the very tail end of the hippie stuff and right before disco brought everyone from pot to coke as a past time. Tried it. Didn't like it. Didn't see the point. Pot, not coke. Never tried anything stronger. Have a drink maybe once every five/six years if something catches my eye and sounds neat.

Hmmmm. 

Any illegal guns?

Nope. When I lived in Hawaii is the only time I was in a place that required registration so I registered my .22 rifle. Left the rest with Mom until I got back into CONUS.

I've never owned anything that required a tax stamp (silencer, full auto, etc) that was not issued to me.

Funny you should ask that specific one. I may have just lost contact with a relative over this very item.

When someone dies, that person can will anyone a firearm. That's just about the only way you can take possession of one from a resident of another state without an FFL.

Relative died. Left me a pistol. Different states. I picked it up and drove back home (yes, perfectly legal)
Wife of said relative said she wanted the pistol. I said no problem, I'll take it to an FFL in her state and we can do the transfer to the FFL then to her. (again, perfectly legal)
She went NUTS, "Why can't you just bring it here? Who will ever know?" etc, etc. "Ummm, it's illegal. That's why"

I took it to the closest FFL near her and "sold" it to them for $0. Whenever she does the paperwork, she can pick it up.
I'm not sure she'll ever talk to me again but I'll be damned if I'm going to break the law for something that preventable.

2013-08-01 1:42 PM
in reply to: DanielG

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Hmmmm. 

Any illegal guns?

:)

Nope. When I lived in Hawaii is the only time I was in a place that required registration so I registered my .22 rifle. Left the rest with Mom until I got back into CONUS. I've never owned anything that required a tax stamp (silencer, full auto, etc) that was not issued to me. Funny you should ask that specific one. I may have just lost contact with a relative over this very item. When someone dies, that person can will anyone a firearm. That's just about the only way you can take possession of one from a resident of another state without an FFL. Relative died. Left me a pistol. Different states. I picked it up and drove back home (yes, perfectly legal) Wife of said relative said she wanted the pistol. I said no problem, I'll take it to an FFL in her state and we can do the transfer to the FFL then to her. (again, perfectly legal) She went NUTS, "Why can't you just bring it here? Who will ever know?" etc, etc. "Ummm, it's illegal. That's why" I took it to the closest FFL near her and "sold" it to them for $0. Whenever she does the paperwork, she can pick it up. I'm not sure she'll ever talk to me again but I'll be damned if I'm going to break the law for something that preventable.

Hmmm.  That's an interesting and illustrative story.  I would have done the same thing, fwiw.

I haven't done anything really crazy since I've been married, but I certainly had years in my 20s that could be picked apart if I ran for office and certainly could be spun by sensationalism. 

What if we defined skeleton as a thing that would most likely keep you from having a decent shot at being elected if you were to run for political office?

Again, I struggle with this because if someone, as powerman suggested, just put it out there at the beginning of their campaign, I probably wouldn't have a problem with it.  I guess, for me, it depends on the transgression and the kind of ownership they took for their role.

2013-08-02 9:07 AM
in reply to: Guest

User image

Master
Sunny Southern Cal
Who needs skeletons?  I'd lose 10-20 points in the polls straight off for being a MAMIL, firing snot rockets on my bike and barking back at dogs on my morning run.  I haven't punched any babies recently, however.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Who could survive the media microscope? Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Speaking of the media..

Started by JoshR
Views: 1497 Posts: 23

2013-04-23 1:00 PM tuwood
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 25, 2006
author : Team BT
comments : 0
Incline Bench Press-Barbell Medium Grip strength exercise instruction with picture and video.

date : June 25, 2006
Bench Press-Barbell Medium Grip exercise instruction with picture and video.
date : June 22, 2006
Preacher Bench Medium-Grip Barbell Curl strength exercise instruction with picture and video.