BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Gray Guys/Girls Masters Focus Triathlete Forum (all levels welcome)--CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 44

2013-12-18 11:31 AM

User image

Regular
East Wenatchee, Washington
Subject: Gray Guys/Girls Masters Focus Triathlete Forum (all levels welcome)--CLOSED
NAME: lutzman (BT screenname) / Steve Lutz

STORY: I'm a long term distance runner who jumped into Triathlon a few years ago. Like many older athletes, I found the constant pounding of marathon (run only) distance training to be increasingly injury plagued. I switched to multi-sport to broaden my fitness base and hopefully reduce the running related injuries.

The challenge most training programs seem suited to the type of training levels/recovery I could sustain in my 20's and 30's. It's just not the same once you cross that magical age 50+ line. While the competitive fire burns bright, times get slower, the legs often feel heavier, weight inevitably creeps up and recovery times are longer.

Since getting going in Triathlon, I've completed 25 triathlons and earned Age Group All American Honors (top 5% nationally) ranking in 2013. I've earned All American Honorable Mention (2013) in duathlon. I also have qualified for TEAM USA to compete in the Age Group World Championships in the sprint distance triathlon and standard distance duathlon.

FAMILY STATUS: Happily married 32 years with three sons, all grown.

CURRENT TRAINING: I generally train between 9-12 hours per week. This typically includes 3-4 training sessions per sport with one or two additional sets in the gym focused on weight training (very important for older athletes due to declining muscle mass).

2013 Races--Lavaman Olympic (6th AG), San Diego ITU IOlympic (6th AG), Spring Festival Triathlon (1st AG), Moses Lake Olympic Triathlon (1st AG), ChelanMan Olympic Triathlon (1st AG), US Age Group National Championships (15th AG), Five Mile Lake Sprint Triathlon (1st AG), US Long Course Duathlon National Championships (3rd AG), Apple Capital Duathlon (1st AG), US Age Group Duathlon Standard Distance Championships (8th AG)

THIS YEAR'S PLANNED RACES: Florida 70.3, Boise 70.3, Five Mile Lake Sprint, US Age Group Olympic distance triathlon Championships, World Sprint Triathlon Championships, US Age Group standard distance duathlon national championships, Mt. Rainier duathlon.

WEIGHTLOSS: Triathlon has really helped my weight. Being a runner, I was never heavy, but the full body workouts have helped me drop some extra weight that had been stuck with me for awhile. When I was a decent runner (age 25-35) and could run a mid-30's 10K, my weight was about 152. I gained over the next 20 years and was sitting at about 170. That's not too bad since I'm 5'10", but I'm now down to about 160, which is a very good weight for me for endurance sports.

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTOR: I'm a student of everything I do. So, I've got a swim coach working with me on form. I've consistently had a triathlon coach helping me with workout and program design. And since my work life focuses on statistics, I'm pretty analytical. I've had good success in a short amount of time in triathlon and I would like to continue to learn from others but also share what I've learned from 30+ years of endurance sport training....while focusing on how workouts can be adjusted to better align with the needs of other athletes.

I also served as a mentor over the past six months. We had a very good group that continues posting even today. We had a small but involved group with over 26,000 views and over 900 posts.

Edited by lutzman 2013-12-27 11:04 AM

2013-12-21 4:31 PM
in reply to: 0

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

Edited by Dogpaddle 2013-12-21 4:49 PM
2013-12-21 8:08 PM
in reply to: Dogpaddle

Regular
Subject: RE: Gray Guys/Girls Masters Focus Triathlete Forum (all levels welcome)
HI Townsley--it went through. My forum wasn't live until this afternoon. But you're in now!

It will take a few days but we'll have the group up and running shortly after the new year.

Happy training!

Steve
2013-12-22 12:17 PM

Expert
Charlottesville, Virginia
Subject: RE: Gray Guys/Girls Masters Focus Triathlete Forum (all levels welcome)--OPEN
Hi Steve, I'd like to re-up again for another season. Really appreciated your leadership last season and looking forward to trading more Geritol tips...

Name: JuneApple / Stu

Stu's Story: High school swimmer, biked a bunch in college, but never ran. After leading a fairly sedentary lifestyle during my 30s and early 40s, I found myself at mid-life under a bunch of stress and 50 lbs overweight. So I decided to change some priorities, starting with health and fitness. I started running a bit (I was really slow) and worked my way up to a half-marathon and my first triathlon (sprint) 5 years ago. Had two solid seasons in 2010 and 2011, including lots of personal bests (yes, even over age 50!), but slipped some in 2012 and 2013. Not a disaster, but fell short on most goals and didn't have the motivation I had in years past. Running remains my challenge (along with endurance generally), especially with running coming at the end of the race. However, I'm very thankful for the role triathlons have played in my day to day life, and like training for multiple disciplines. I'm especially appreciative of BT and the mentor groups (also FYI, I mentored a group during 2011 and enjoyed it).

Fun fact: I can now say I've completed all the Ironman distances since this year I did a 2 mile OWS race and a one day 115 mile bike ride (having completed my first marathon in 2011). Pretty clear from my results in all 3 "events" that I won't be doing them on the same day!

Family Status: Married for 31 years with daughter in college. My wife is supportive of my tri habits, while not understanding its appeal :-)

Current Training: Been a slacker this Fall, probably b/c no races since June and work has been making for some longer than normal days. Need to recharge and refocus in January. My last year in the 50-54 age group, so main goals for 2014 are have a good base and get my weight back down where it needs to be (and always avoid injury).

2013 Races: 2 sprints, 1 olympic, and some local running races of various distances. I'm generally a MoPer (middle of the packer), but every now and then have a good race with a less experienced field. Accidents do happen.

2014 Races: A little early to know my schedule. Seems like I'm going to get slammed with travel in March-May which may limit my ability to do any distance races. At age 53, I really would just like to remain relatively healthy and injury free, using triathlons as motivation to do so. I'd also like to maybe do some swim only races.

Weightloss: Am about 15 lbs over where I'd like to be. Hoping to stay under 210 to start 2014 which would be a slight improvement over where I started last year.

What will make me a good member: I used to be good at keeping up with the group and posting, but work has slammed me this year. Definitely will check in at least weekly and more often most weeks (especially in Jan-Feb). Have to say I really like the idea of being in a group of 45+ers.

Stu

Edited by juneapple 2013-12-25 7:16 AM
2013-12-22 12:39 PM

Regular
Subject: RE: Gray Guys/Girls Masters Focus Triathlete Forum (all levels welcome)--OPEN
52 year old single mom of son going off to college. I started tri's two years ago after hearing swimmers at the pool talking about "try's" ........."Yeah okay try WHAT?" I thought to myself."

I noticed that the TRI swimmers seemed really serious about competing and that appealed to me.

A yellow Cervelo and a pair of ultra shoes and I was hooked on "try" . LOL

I did one season of cross country in high school. I did well but back then 14 min for two miles was "good." lol
I hated those races because they were short all out sprints for me.

I ran 10k road races when I was around twenty years old. My fav distance is half marathon but I have never raced that distance. I run on dirt trails almost exclusively for practice.

Due to finances I only do one race a year. I try to put in a minimum of thirty min. a day of tri specific training.

I struggle on/off with an IBS type issue during the hotter months of the year. Which is like majority of the time in Austin Texas where I live.

weightloss: gained 10 pounds since my low of 126 pounds last July. It makes running a little tougher but I am glad to feel better than I did last summer.

Races: Marble falls Tri. 1:26 Sprint in 2012 1:19 Sprint Marble Falls 2013

I will do the half Iron Man next October in Austin if my training continues to gradually improve between now and then.

oh...My point this week 215 min w/o....gained a pound. I think thats 25 points to the good (if i figured that right.)

Edited by dustytrails 2013-12-22 12:44 PM
2013-12-22 12:41 PM
in reply to: juneapple

Regular
Great to have you back, Stu. You were a terrific participant in the last mentor group.

Welcome back and Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Steve

2013-12-22 12:44 PM
in reply to: dustytrails

Regular
Originally posted by dustytrails

Races: Marble falls Tri. 1:26 Sprint in 2012 1:19 Sprint Marble Falls 2013

I will do the half Iron Man next October in Austin if my training continues to gradually improve between now and then.

oh...My point this week 215 min w/o....gained a pound. I think thats 25 points to the good (if i figured that right.)

Hi Linda:

Glad you found the new web link to the Gray Guys/Girls group. Happy to have you back on.

Best wishes for a great Christmas!

Steve
2013-12-22 3:17 PM
in reply to: lutzman

Hello,
I am Kristen, a 46year old adult onset runner of 3 years. I am registered for a Sprint Tri the end of April and my 7th HM in mid March.
I just started riding my non tri/road bike again, but havent trained for swimming since last fall, when I did an aquathon/dualthon.
I'm married with 2 teens at home.
I am actually cutting back on my races this year, as I did 20 races in 2013 (5k to HM). I added strength training to my routine a year ago.
I'm nervous but excited about this new challenge. Thanks for any info/advice.
2013-12-22 3:21 PM

I have just picked up the multisport challenge, also being mainly a runner of a variety of distances, have participated in team tri's over many years as a runner. Picked up road biking over the summer, and started my learning phase of swimming for distance (new to me-but coming along fine). would like to continue to learn more before taking on a half iron man eventually. age 48 with 30+years of running exp.
2013-12-22 5:37 PM
in reply to: Kris67

Regular
Originally posted by Kris67

Hello,
I am Kristen, a 46year old adult onset runner of 3 years. I am registered for a Sprint Tri the end of April and my 7th HM in mid March.
I just started riding my non tri/road bike again, but havent trained for swimming since last fall, when I did an aquathon/dualthon.
I'm married with 2 teens at home.
I am actually cutting back on my races this year, as I did 20 races in 2013 (5k to HM). I added strength training to my routine a year ago.
I'm nervous but excited about this new challenge. Thanks for any info/advice.

Hey Kristen:

You'll find right in!. Welcome to the group!

Steve
2013-12-22 5:41 PM
in reply to: lclemmy4

Regular
Originally posted by lclemmy4

I have just picked up the multisport challenge, also being mainly a runner of a variety of distances, have participated in team tri's over many years as a runner. Picked up road biking over the summer, and started my learning phase of swimming for distance (new to me-but coming along fine). would like to continue to learn more before taking on a half iron man eventually. age 48 with 30+years of running exp.

Hi Leonard:

Welcome to the forum. We've got a solid group of athletes with a lot of experience. Glad to have you on board.

Steve

2013-12-22 5:55 PM

Expert
Missouri

I'd like to join if you have room.  My name is Janet, 49 year old wife and mother of 2 (both in college).  I'm mostly a runner but have done sprint tri's off and on for the last 4 years.  Someday I'd like to try an Olympic but don't think it's going to happen this year.  Finances are a bit tight (see above note about 2 kids in college ).  I will be doing a duathlon in April and possibly a sprint tri in the fall.  I'm not doing any real swim training right now - focus right now is on running to get ready for a 9 mile race at the beginning of February.  After that I plan to switch to a duathlon training plan for the April race.  Once that's done I'll make the decision about the fall tri. 

So training now is mostly running - about 4 days a week with a couple of days of bike training mostly as cross-training, nothing hard at the moment.  I have strength training on my schedule but rarely do it - something I'd like to change.  I know I need to do it, just find it hard to get motivated. 

I've been pretty lucky with my weight.  It's not really an issue.  I did gain about 4 pounds when I was sick recently (ten days of the flu is not fun!) so I'd like to get rid of that if possible. 

Looking forward to getting to know the group.
Janet

2013-12-22 7:55 PM

Regular
Hi Janet:

Welcome to the Gray Guys/Girls Masters Forum. Glad to have you in the group!

Duathlon is a great sport as well. I hadn't tried it before this season. I did three and had a great time doing it...and it was fun to have a race where my mediocre swimming didn't hurt my time!

Steve

Edited by lutzman 2013-12-22 7:58 PM
2013-12-23 7:40 AM

Expert
Falls Church

Hi,

I'd like to join this group!  I'm looking for a group that focuses on middle-aged athletes and all the things we face.

Melanie's Story:  I am 52 and I started running in 2003 but didn't get my butt really in gear until the next year.  One night my jeans were just too tight and I WAS NOT going to go out and buy a larger size.  That night I signed up for a marathon four months away.  I have never looked back.  I discovered triathlons about 4 years ago and love the sport.  

My favorite distance is Olympic/International.  I've done a few sprints, quite a few olympics, and one HIM.  I also try to get in a few road and trail running races a year.  I have room for improvement in every discipline.  Up until last year, I was getting faster as I was getting older.

FAMILY STATUS: Happily married 29 years with two daughters.  One out of college and one heading to college next fall.

CURRENT TRAINING: I commute by bike every day to work (15 miles round-trip).  That is the bulk of my bike training.  I have joined a Saturday morning group ride in hopes of getting in some tougher workouts.  I try to get in 3 runs and 2-3 swims each week too.  Volume is around 9-11 hours per week but it's very skewed because of my bike commuting.  I've never followed a specific plan for any training cycle.  I don't really use a lots of digital training data since it gobbles up so much time on the computer for analyses. 

2013 Races -- two 5 mile trail races, 10K road race, DC Rock-n-Roll HM, Columbia Triathlon (olympic), IronGirl Columbia (sprint w/ daughters), Half Full (olympic), Nations (olympic)

THIS YEAR'S PLANNED RACES: Not sure of what races I will do.  I have registered for the Reston Triathlon (olympic) and plan to do Columbia again.

WEIGHTLOSS:  When I started running back in 2003, I was at 160.  I've settled in at about 142 and in 2011 dropped to 134 (my fastest year).  I'd like to have a racing weight of about 137.  I look rather unhealthy in the face below this weight.

Thanks!

Melanie

2013-12-23 9:18 AM
in reply to: hoffsquared

Regular
Originally posted by hoffsquared

Hi,

I'd like to join this group!  I'm looking for a group that focuses on middle-aged athletes and all the things we face.

Thanks!

Melanie

Hi Melanie:

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you in the group. I would guess the forum will be a little slow until after the New Year. But once we hit 2014 I'm sure everyone will start gearing up for the coming race season.

Best regards,

Steve
2013-12-23 11:21 AM

Regular
Subject: Christmas Week
Well, it's Christmas week, which is always a challenge for getting in the training. Between the odd hours, reduced sleep, rich foods and WAY too many sweets, I'm happy if I can just stay on track.

My basic plan for the week is to push back my normal rest day (Monday) to Christmas Day and then try to plug in as much of a normal training week as possible. I think it will look something like this:

Monday--2000 yards in the pool, one hour strength workout at the gym
Tuesday--65 minutes on the indoor bike trainer
Wednesday (Christmas)--eat, drink and be merry
Thursday--2000 yards swimming, 50 minutes run
Friday-70 minutes on the indoor bike trainer
Saturday--10 mile run, one hour strength training, ez swim if feeling up for it
Sunday--two hours on the indoor trainer while watching football.

My pool workout aren't two structured right now. I'll generally do a 500 yard warm up followed by a set of 10 X 100 reps with a re-start of each 100 at either 1:50 or 1:55 depending on how I'm feeling, then finish out the balance with drills or possibly sprints (10 X 50).

Have a great holiday!

Steve

2013-12-23 3:18 PM

Expert
Missouri
Subject: RE: Christmas Week

Hey all!  Just rearranged my training schedule to account for the holiday.  It's a lighter week for me anyway so that helps some.  I still hope to get 4 runs in and 2 trainer rides.  Also helps that I'm off work until Jan 2nd.  The hardest thing for me in getting the workouts in is motivating myself in the evenings after a long day at work.  It's so much easier to get the workout done in the morning or early afternoon. 

Hope everyone has a great holiday!
Janet

2013-12-23 3:53 PM

New user

Wisconsin
Hi Steve

My name is Jean I am 55 years young. I have never done a tri yet, but I would like to train for a Sprint tri this summer in our area. It has always been on my bucket list.

Most of my experience is with 1/2 marathons. We have been doing 2 a year for the past 6 years. I was also a competitive swimmer in my younger years. I am just coming off a knee replacement 7 mos ago that side lined me for about a year. I have now been cleared to start up again. I have added about 40 pounds in the last year not being able to hardly walk. I realize I will be starting slowly at a beginners level, but that is better than doing nothing.

I am really looking forward to getting back into exercising its been a long long year.

Thank you

Edited by JENO 2013-12-23 3:56 PM
2013-12-23 4:31 PM
in reply to: JENO

Regular
Nice to see new faces!

I had a nice five mile trail run this afternoon.

Hope to make it to pool in the morning. i been reading "Total Immersion" swimming....not that I need to with Scott in the group !

Did anyone log the points for last week? are we carying that over here??
2013-12-23 5:35 PM
in reply to: dustytrails

Regular
Originally posted by dustytrails

Nice to see new faces!

I had a nice five mile trail run this afternoon.

Hope to make it to pool in the morning. i been reading "Total Immersion" swimming....not that I need to with Scott in the group !

Did anyone log the points for last week? are we carying that over here??

Hey Linda--no idea on carrying over the weight loss program. Fine by me if the group is up for it. I might even be able to come up with a prize...

All we need now is the return of Scott!

Steve
2013-12-23 5:38 PM
in reply to: JENO

Regular
Originally posted by JENO

My name is Jean I am 55 years young. I have never done a tri yet, but I would like to train for a Sprint tri this summer in our area. It has always been on my bucket list.

I am really looking forward to getting back into exercising its been a long long year.

Thank you

Hey Jean, we're glad to have you in the group! We've got a very diverse group with a lot of experience. Like most things in life, you get out what you put in, so please feel free to ask for advice, submit questions or bring up any topics of interest to you for feedback from the forum.

I look forward to getting to know you better and can hopefully provide some feedback as you move through your journey.

Best regards,

Steve

2013-12-23 7:59 PM

Official BT Coach
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gold member

Hey Steve, I’d like to re-up with your group if you still have room.

NAME: Scott K.

BIO:

55 Y.O. Male, married, 2 "little ones," 5 grand-kids (would've had the grand-kids first if we'd known how much fun they are!)

STORY:

I started swimming competitively when I was 11 and swam all through high-school and college. I was a world class swimmer in the late 70's and early 80's. I held a world record at one point, albeit for about 20 minutes, but it was a world record nonetheless (I set the record in a semi-final and it was broken in the next semi-final). Back in those days, an amateur was an amateur so as a swimmer, unless you were independently wealthy, you really only had one shot at the Olympics. After the 1980 U.S. Olympic debacle my swimming career began to wind down and in 1982 I finally retired from competitive swimming. That was, coincidentally, the same year my Ironman dream started. I suspect that many of you can trace the genesis of your own Ironman dreams to the same moment - Julie Moss on her hands and knees, crawling across the finish line in Kona. In my mind, that was, and continues to be, the epitome of athletic achievement. I immediately knew I wanted to do an Ironman. However, the sad reality was that I had spent 5-8 hours a day in a pool, seven days a week, 365 days a year, for over a decade, and the thought of going back to full time training was not very appealing. On top of that, I had another problem - running and I had never really been friends. The Ironman has that little marathon thing at the end and that simply terrified me. A couple decades later, I found myself over one-hundred pounds overweight, and I couldn't run 100 yards, let alone a marathon. Although I didn't move to fulfill my Ironman dream, I did tell anyone who would listen that, "I could do an Ironman." Then a couple years ago, I went to a client's house and there on the wall of his home office was a picture of him crossing the finish line in Kona. Of course, my first comment was, "I could have done that!" After a year of him hearing about how I could have done that, he finally called me out in May 2012. He basically said, "Your going to go to your grave saying you could have done it, or you can do it." He then challenged me to join him at the Ironman World Championships in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii on October 11, 2014. After a grueling two weeks of researching everything Ironman, including how to qualify for Kona, I finally accepted his challenge.

GOALS:

1. Ironman World Championships - Kailua-Kona, Hawaii - October 11, 2014

WEIGHT-LOSS:

1. Started a weight loss program in May, 2012. Was at 297.6 pounds when I started. Graduated high-school at 180 pounds, college at 200 pounds. Want to get down to that range. Target is 200. I have lost roughly 75 pounds so far. Started out using the Atkins diet plan and have modified that as I started training.

UPCOMING RACES:

1. Entered in Indy-500 Half Marathon 05/14.
2. Entered in Ironman Louisville 08/14.
3. Ironman Kona 10/14?

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MEMBER:

Having competed at a world class level for several years, I vividly recall the pressure and nerves you experience at a high level competition. Plus I have a pretty good understanding of swimming and proper technique. That is experience I look forward to sharing with anyone interested.

I may not be the most competitive person you have ever met, but I will settle for being the second most competitive person you have ever met.

I have this theory, if you aren't going to be the best you can be, why try at all? That theory tends to be contagious and will spur others to higher achievement.

Most importantly, I know my limitations. I know I have returned to training after a very long "retirement." I know that I am no longer the 20-something world class athlete of the past (I acknowledge my body is older, but beyond that, I think being a world class athlete is largely a state of mind). I know training techniques have changed dramatically in the past decades and I know there are many people here with far more knowledge than I have. I anxiously look forward to hearing their expertise.

Edited by k9car363 2013-12-25 1:52 PM
2013-12-23 9:49 PM
in reply to: k9car363

Farmington, Connecticut
Hi Steve,

If the group is still open, I'd like to join.

Name: Dave/ DJP_19

Bio: 56 years old, married for 30 years with 3 children, ages 25, 21 and 19. I'm a sales director for a global telecom company.

Story: About 2 years ago, after numerous attempts to drop my excess weight, I signed up for a session with a personal trainer. We hit it off, and over the last two years, we've executed a plan that has helped me lose about 50 lbs. (235 to 185lbs) . I've been doing some 5k and other types of events, including a Tough Mudder in Vermont, as a way to keep me focused on training. This year, I'm looking to try something new.

I have two goals: 1) increase my endurance 2) lose an additional 10-15lbs as a result of training and better food choices.

I'm interested in doing a Sprint distance event to see how I like the multi-sport training versus simply running. On January 1st, I will sign up for a Sprint to be held on June 1 in my home state of Connecticut.

I have a good running plan in place and have some time invested in riding my converted mountain bike, but I"m a rookie swimmer. Just joined the local tri club to see if I can get some coaching to help me learn better techniques.

Would like to participate in the group if there is room.

Thanks.

2013-12-23 9:56 PM

New user
Hingham, MA
My name is James - age 56 currently weighing in at 172 at 5’9”. Family – I am married to my wonderful wife and have 4 great kids (ages 11 to 17).

2013 was my first year doing triathlons – I did 2 Sprints (knocked 8 minutes off my time during my 2nd) and looking to move up to an Oly this year.

I was a member of this team last year and Steve plus the other very knowledgeable members were extremely helpful but most importantly they stayed engaged. I have seen other teams die out and this one did not. If you want help they won’t let you down, the core of this team will be there for you. I really couldn’t have done it without the inspiration and training theories they have shared with me.

I started running in 2009 in order to lose weight. I went for a check-up and when I got the paper report with the word “OBESE” written on it, it really hit home. At my heaviest I weighed 230 lbs – I am down close to 60 pounds but I am not done yet, I plan on hitting 150something within a few months which will really help with my running and everything else.

My goals for 2013 were to do at least 1 Sprint Triathlon and I did 2. The other goal was to run under an 8 minute mile for a 5k and I got very close before getting injured. I also had my first half marathon on the list and that too got postponed due to injuries.

Goals for 2014 – First, be smarter and don’t get injured. I am starting 2014 injury free and I plan on keeping it that way. My next biggest goal is the planned Oly – I still have the half marathon on my list plus a 150 mile weekend charity ride.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Edited by JREDFLY 2013-12-23 10:35 PM
2013-12-24 5:49 AM
in reply to: JREDFLY

Expert
Charlottesville, Virginia
Welcome to all the new faces (and a special shout out to Melanie - it will be great to be in a group with you again!!).

James, not sure if we're keeping up with the contest at this point (we could call it early to save us all some really poor point totals this week... lol!). Anyway, last week I was down 1 and a lousy 120+ min of workouts for a total of 19 points. I'll surpass last week's workout total on Tues this week as I'm off to bike class this morning with my daughter! Yay! Of course, that's not saying much compared to last week. Still fighting a nasty head cold that seems to be moving into my chest this morning. Timing is everything! Ack.

Always good to turn over a new year - I seem to get a good head of steam when I start planning out the race calendar for the coming year, setting goals, etc. and not thinking about the would have, could haves of the previous year (which always seem to crop up in the Fall). Also, my schedule tends to be very consistent in Jan / Feb before going bonkers in March, so gotta make hay while I can.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it, for those who don't hope you have a great day or two off and get lots of training in while the rest of us eat too much and miss our workouts :-) So glad the group is up and going and look forward to working with everyone in 2014!

Stu
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Gray Guys/Girls Masters Focus Triathlete Forum (all levels welcome)--CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 44

RELATED POSTS

Triguys Tri Team (all levels welcome) - CLOSED SORRY Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8

Started by triguy1043
Views: 18127 Posts: 190

2014-04-02 11:34 AM lsousa
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 24, 2012
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 3
I didn’t used to like to run slow. You begin to recalibrate your needs and wants and if-only you could jog an easy two miles, three times per week. Running is a gift.

date : March 10, 2011
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 1
Tinley on triathlon, aging, and the attitude of a masters athlete
date : December 4, 2007
author : EndurancePlanet
comments : 0
She's back. We were able to interview Deanna Babcock, a triathlete who galvanized the forums over several months with her story of a tragic accident and subsequent recovery.

date : October 4, 2007
author : R_Laberje
comments : 14
Humorous short story about giving up feminine luxuries for the triathlon fitness lifestyle.
date : February 8, 2007
author : MegL
comments : 25
No one likes to look like a fool, but it’s hard not to when you don’t know what you’re doing as a beginner, so if it helps, go ahead and pretend.

date : May 30, 2005
author : pjsuperhawk
Maintaining a positive attitude and a sense of priority will be my keys to success. Before summer fades into fall, I will be a Triathlete and eager to race again.
date : October 3, 2004
author : scuba-punk
He looked at us and flat out told us that he wouldn't accept any of us as his students at a technical diving level with the poor level of physical fitness we had.

date : August 31, 2004
author : malvey
Get inspired to race a triathlon even if your older.