General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Has triathlon lost it's "cool"? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2014-10-15 9:02 AM
in reply to: thebigb

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Has triathlon lost it's "cool"?

Originally posted by thebigb

hobbyjogging 100 miles is now more "cooler" than swim/bike/hobbyjogging 140.6 miles. 

I sort of agree with this.

Also, tri is sort of a gateway drug to other endurance events for some (like 100 mile runs). It's amazing when you get involved with other endurance athletes, that an entire world seems to open up.

Tucson is crazy active for triathletes... but I swim with a USMS masters team, run with a local track club, and ride with friends (on and off road) and occasionally with cycling groups. So, I'm usually surrounded by single sport athletes. Which sometimes makes me want to do single-sport things.

Plus, with the Tough Mudder / Spartan / color runs / hot chocolate 5ks... there are so many options that aren't as much of a sufferfest if you don't train.

2014-10-15 9:07 AM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Katy, Texas
It's been mentioned a couple of times here, but I think the two biggest obstacles are money and swimming. You can enter your first sprint with a rented hybrid bike, running shorts and shoes, but let's face it, if you want to actually move forward in this sport, I can't imagine spending less than $3,000 just to get in the door. Growing up on lesser means (see...dirt arse poor) that amount of money was unfathomable. Luckily after many years of hard work, that is not the case, and my biggest obstacle has been the judging glares of my wife* (both on the money and time spent), but for most that is unreasonable. So you have a subset of a subset of the population. Those who can afford it AND have the desire AND have the time AND can get over the swimming issue.

*I joke about this but my wife has actually been crazy supportive.
2014-10-15 9:51 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by QueenZipp

Originally posted by FlyinTiger What I have not seen mentioned yet is that triathlon is beginning to be recognized as a college sport. That will only increase awareness of the younger generation. I think the sport has yet to peak, and will grow at a steady rate, similar to lacrosse. Each began as a club sport, but are now receiving real funding.

Good point, there is not a lot of effort placed on youth triathlon.  Starting with kids 7-8 years old who can swim 200 meters, bike 3 miles or run half a mile or so.  There are a few college triathlon teams, but not in the bigger colleges.  One of my daughters goes to Liberty (Lynchburg, VA) and it does have a tri team that I have interacted with at several races.  My other daughter attends a different college and no tri team--but at least they do have an intramural swim team.

QZ - I'm not tracking you.  Youth/Jr. triathlon is the largest growth segment in triathlon.  There are plenty of colleges that have club triathlon teams.....and plenty of big colleges....just look at the teams in the collegiate national championships.  Colorado, Arizona, and on and on.  Colleges are now starting to ramp up for women's triathlon as an NCAA Championship sport.

Yes, there is a lot of growth there, but not a lot of families really have the money to invest in all the gear for kids.  Look how fast a kid would outgrow a wet suitor a bike....the more expensive pieces of gear.  I think it is growing based on what I am seeing.....but in limited areas.  I do know in my area that there is one specific organization heavily involved in youth triathlon because the head coach there started triathlon as a youth so he wants to see more kids in this sport.

2014-10-15 10:21 AM

I honestly think you all have achieved interwebz history here.

EVERY single one of you is totally and exactly right. I think every post has nailed it. Even with some that appear to be somewhat at odds.

Although I take issue that it's "lost it's cool". I don't know that it was ever "cool". It's respected. It's appreciated. To many it's "cool". To most, it just "is". I think for a lot of us who think it's cool, don't care so much what other people think.

Not even sure of the definition of "cool". I suppose I would go with something like....."did the champion go to the White House to meet the President" or did the "winner appear on Letterman" the following week. Or at least gimme a Wheaties box.

Not sure that it ever achieved that kind of "cool". Not sure I care, as long as there's enough of us to support the races.
2014-10-15 10:30 AM
in reply to: ratherbeswimming

User image

Extreme Veteran
In front of computer when typing this.
The OP had two distinct questions. One was about triathlon and one was about this website and slowtwitch. You all have raised some good points about triathlon in general so not gonna add to that. I can only talk from my own experience but when I started out as well as when I as obsessing about my first IM race, I was on BT a lot, mainly because I was obsessing and couldn't get enough of triathlon and loved the chatter. But then after a while a) I sorta knew what I was doing and my focus shifted on talking to friends via PMs and inspires etc rather than in a general forum and b) I had to just stop reading the forums because they became repetitive and there were a few people who just sucked the life out of every post they joined. There is still a lot of good stuff on here but somewhere along the line to me the usefulness of the general forums went away.

To me, same thing happened with the articles. There was a time when lots of articles were by people like Mike Ricci and Gary Hall- maybe I am a snob but I tend to take what those guys say to heart and am really not that interested in an article written by your average Joe/Jill (I'm an average Joe...I know what guys like me have to say. I wanna hear what experts have to say). I stopped reading those when I realized that a lot of them are written by anyone who wants to. I read one about prepping for your first ironman and the author suggested trying to build up your neck muscles to be able to stay in aero. The technique for this was laying on your stomach on your bed with your head raised, sorta like you are in aero. That was the last article I read on here!

Now I log my workouts and chat in the local state forum. I am barely ever in the general forum anymore.
2014-10-15 10:31 AM
in reply to: RedCorvette

User image

Expert
Bradenton, Florida
Originally posted by RedCorvette

At best triathlon is always going to be a participant-oriented niche sport. 

Most sports go through natural popularity cycles. I'm old enough to remember golf, tennis, cycling, running, etc., going through multiple boom & bust periods.  Not to mention the four-year cycles that the Olympic sports like swimming, track & field, and gymnastics go through.  I wouldn't expect triathlon to be any different.  Just look at the downturn that golf is going through now for comparison.

If anything we've reached a saturation point with races here in FL.  I can find a race within easy driving distance just about every weekend from May through October.  Too many for the core population of triathletes to support, which is resulting in dwindling numbers at some of the events.  St. Anthony's used to be a huge event, but in recent years, not so much (even when factoring in the problems they've had with the swim). 

My observation is that the numbers in triathlon have also been artificially bloated by the "one & done" crowd.  I've said before that I'd like to have a dollar for every newbie here on BT who says they're 40lbs overweight with no athletic background but expect to get off the couch and complete an IM within a year.  They post two or three times and then you never hear from them again once they realize there's not much instant gratification when starting out in endurance sports. 

But again, that's really not any different from a lot of other sports.  How many guys drop huge bucks on a set of golf clubs ands then eventually give up the game when they realize they can't drive like Rory McIlroy after a couple of visits to the driving range?  (A friend of mine has both a $4K Trek and a $1K set of Titleist clubs rusting away in his garage.)

Mark

How tall is your friend? I'm 6'5" and could use a cheap bike and a good set of clubs.

2014-10-15 10:54 AM
in reply to: Nick B

User image

Expert
Floriduh
I'll buy the comment that some races have shut down because of natural competition. When I first started 4 years ago, I would sign up for just about any race within driving distance that fit my schedule. The venue at one of these races was rather dangerous with poorly controlled traffic. I stopped doing that race because of that, and a friend of mine told me the race is poorly attended now. This seems to me to be natural selective pressure, nit an unhealthy thing.
2014-10-15 11:06 AM

User image

At best triathlon is always going to be a participant-oriented niche sport. 

That's not true for much of the world.......look at the crowds in Europe as an example.  I think your comment will not hold up in the coming generations here.  Granted, I spend a lot of times with kids.....but you need to know that they don't look at it the same as we do/did.  They have fantasy leagues, follow triathlon closely, and are BIG fans of the sport.  It's not the same vibe with them.....there are no "bucket listers".....these kids are players.

I agree with you LB- I think as we see the sport continue to grow at the junior level, the future of many North American races will look quite different. What are considered now to be "competitive" times in the age-group ranks will suddenly be very slow. Kind of like what happened with marathoning-- in the 70s people used to win marathons with times over 3 hours. Not so much anymore, unless it's a pretty small race.

Although it is true that there's more of a financial barrier to triathlon than running.
2014-10-15 11:53 AM

User image

Regular
NW
I was just asking a friend this exact same question two days ago.

To me it seemed to peak out about 2012. My theory is the economic crash in '07 '08 brought many into exercise as a coping method. With that came an influx in (leftover) money and pricing for equipment and race entries skyrocketed. Gimmick products went through the roof. It also brought in an influx of weekend warriors that bit off more than they could chew during races and liability went up taking out many long standing grass root races.

I honestly believe that triathlon needs a correction back to reality. I have a client that raced Kona in the late 80's when it was just as "cool" to complete and/or compete as it is now. When I told him how much I spent on my super duper wetsuit, bike, aerowheels, and the ENTRY fee, he couldn't believe it. Suddenly my feels of cool changed to fool.

Someone mentioned about the 100-mile races being popular. I can understand that. Those people strap on some shoes and seemly do the impossible and it is pretty much a level playing field across the economic spectrum. Compare that to what Ironman has become over the past 30-years. We now buy a $700 wetsuit, a $4,000 bike and pay close to a grand in entry fees to swim in a public lake, ride on a public road, and run on a public trail.

Are we turning into a bunch of posers?
2014-10-15 11:55 AM
in reply to: jhaack39

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Originally posted by jhaack39

Not even sure of the definition of "cool". I suppose I would go with something like....."did the champion go to the White House to meet the President" or did the "winner appear on Letterman" the following week. Or at least gimme a Wheaties box.  

This is a few years old, but maybe that proves the point?

2014-10-15 11:57 AM
in reply to: lisac957

Good to know that lisa!

It wouldn't kill them to do it again would it?
It's not like anyone really pays that much attention to the Wheaties box anymore.

2014-10-15 12:07 PM
in reply to: tamason

User image

Pro

Originally posted by tamason I was just asking a friend this exact same question two days ago. To me it seemed to peak out about 2012. My theory is the economic crash in '07 '08 brought many into exercise as a coping method. With that came an influx in (leftover) money and pricing for equipment and race entries skyrocketed. Gimmick products went through the roof. It also brought in an influx of weekend warriors that bit off more than they could chew during races and liability went up taking out many long standing grass root races. I honestly believe that triathlon needs a correction back to reality. I have a client that raced Kona in the late 80's when it was just as "cool" to complete and/or compete as it is now. When I told him how much I spent on my super duper wetsuit, bike, aerowheels, and the ENTRY fee, he couldn't believe it. Suddenly my feels of cool changed to fool. Someone mentioned about the 100-mile races being popular. I can understand that. Those people strap on some shoes and seemly do the impossible and it is pretty much a level playing field across the economic spectrum. Compare that to what Ironman has become over the past 30-years. We now buy a $700 wetsuit, a $4,000 bike and pay close to a grand in entry fees to swim in a public lake, ride on a public road, and run on a public trail. Are we turning into a bunch of posers?

C'mon....when were we not?  I've said it before....we are nothing more than Wed. night beer league softball folks.  I have no idea where the idea came from that doing a triathlon somehow made us "athletes".  We are athletes about the same way that the beer league guys/gal are ballplayers  Of course we are posers.....except for maybe the top .05%....but most of us can never hope to get there.   If anything,most people who don't participate think it's dumb....they sure as hell don't think it's cool.  The only people who ever thought it was cool was us.....something along the lines of "holy cow, I can actually do this, COOL!!"....but once we spent enough time telling other people that we could "actually do this" they started running the other direction because we wouldn't shut up about it. Now it's getting tiresome to them.

I think the sport can be REALLY cool....but it's got to involve speed, and actual racing, and crashing, and be able to be watched by people without them having to run all over the place spilling their beer.  It's coming........and people will think it's cool.....but most all of us won't be able to play.  That's a good thing to me, it'll grow the sport....and beer leagues are fun!

2014-10-15 12:26 PM

User image

Champion
Sarasota, FL

I think the sport can be REALLY cool....but it's got to involve speed, and actual racing, and crashing, and be able to be watched by people without them having to run all over the place spilling their beer. 

Sounds like NASCAR.  Which also happens to be on the decline in the current economy...

Mark

2014-10-15 12:29 PM
in reply to: RedCorvette

User image

Pro

I think the sport can be REALLY cool....but it's got to involve speed, and actual racing, and crashing, and be able to be watched by people without them having to run all over the place spilling their beer. 

Sounds like NASCAR.  Which also happens to be on the decline in the current economy...

Mark

No, not like NASCAR......there is no beer leagues for NASCAR where you can get mass participation.  And no rednecks, either....a major advantage for Grand Prix Triathlon.

2014-10-15 12:34 PM

User image

Master
Centennial, CO

Originally posted by Kido

I agree with the crossfit observation.  Gyms are popping up all over the place here drawing a lot people.  Maybe mostly the people wanting to get fit vs compete.

Let's be honest.  There is no fit vs compete.  Crossfit people do it to look good.  That may change after a while, but.... Just my opinion.

2014-10-15 12:39 PM
in reply to: 0

I gotta go with you on the beer league thing.
I am glad that completers like myself are welcomed by the competers.

If it weren't beer league-esque there'd only be two "winners" in any given race. Male. Female.
There'd be no "age group".

Marathons....same way. Warrior Dash, etc....even more beer league.

But....really...just wtf is it with this crossfit stuff? I was at the gym and they were showing it (or something very much like it) on ESPN. Primetime. Must have been up against football or baseball or something. I thought it was a tri at first, because I saw people swimming. Until they got off the beach and start lifting a series of weights. IDGI

Not that I'm saying "triathlon is way cooler, they should show that"
I think it would put most people asleep.
Just as this crossfit stuff does to me when I see it. I just don't see the appeal. Then again, I never saw the appeal of watching people in cars turn left.

Edited by jhaack39 2014-10-15 12:49 PM

2014-10-15 12:50 PM

User image

Katy, Texas

Originally posted by tamason I was just asking a friend this exact same question two days ago. To me it seemed to peak out about 2012. My theory is the economic crash in '07 '08 brought many into exercise as a coping method. With that came an influx in (leftover) money and pricing for equipment and race entries skyrocketed. Gimmick products went through the roof. It also brought in an influx of weekend warriors that bit off more than they could chew during races and liability went up taking out many long standing grass root races. I honestly believe that triathlon needs a correction back to reality. I have a client that raced Kona in the late 80's when it was just as "cool" to complete and/or compete as it is now. When I told him how much I spent on my super duper wetsuit, bike, aerowheels, and the ENTRY fee, he couldn't believe it. Suddenly my feels of cool changed to fool. Someone mentioned about the 100-mile races being popular. I can understand that. Those people strap on some shoes and seemly do the impossible and it is pretty much a level playing field across the economic spectrum. Compare that to what Ironman has become over the past 30-years. We now buy a $700 wetsuit, a $4,000 bike and pay close to a grand in entry fees to swim in a public lake, ride on a public road, and run on a public trail. Are we turning into a bunch of posers?

C'mon....when were we not?  I've said it before....we are nothing more than Wed. night beer league softball folks.  I have no idea where the idea came from that doing a triathlon somehow made us "athletes".  We are athletes about the same way that the beer league guys/gal are ballplayers  Of course we are posers.....except for maybe the top .05%....but most of us can never hope to get there.   If anything,most people who don't participate think it's dumb....they sure as hell don't think it's cool.  The only people who ever thought it was cool was us.....something along the lines of "holy cow, I can actually do this, COOL!!"....but once we spent enough time telling other people that we could "actually do this" they started running the other direction because we wouldn't shut up about it. Now it's getting tiresome to them.

I think the sport can be REALLY cool....but it's got to involve speed, and actual racing, and crashing, and be able to be watched by people without them having to run all over the place spilling their beer.  It's coming........and people will think it's cool.....but most all of us won't be able to play.  That's a good thing to me, it'll grow the sport....and beer leagues are fun!

I don't know if I'd go that far. Beer league players spend about 1 hour a week on their "sport". I'm at 10 hrs/week and I feel like it's the minimum just to get in the game since I'm just starting. That's a huge difference. On one hand it's no more than a scheduling afterthought (beer league) vs the other where it is a complete lifestyle change and commitment. Two totally different things. As far as what people think...honestly think, they either don't really care, or when they see you or pics of you (Facebook, instagram, etc) they just assume you got dealt a good genetic card and the rest is showing off/bragging. But frankly, who cares what others think? Other people's thoughts on the matter sure as heck aren't getting me out of bed every morning at 4:00am, and neither is some noble goal or self accomplishment. I just enjoy it. I enjoy the work outs and I enjoy the races. Simple as that. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't do it. It's not a sacrifice, it's fun. To heck with what people think, it makes no difference.
2014-10-15 12:55 PM

I guess it depends definition "cool" and if we are separating rec leagues from professional. I agree with you the local sprint = the beer league softball, the rec league adult co-ed soccer or ultimate frisbee. At some point are we any different than the bowling, dart or pool league? Using that argument are any non pro leagues cool? Or are they all just possers?

If we are talking pro level athletes. I think that most people would put them at the same level of cool as runners and cyclist. For the most part people only know Boston and NY marathon and could not tell you who won. In cycling they know the Tour De France and unless a USA participant won most people don't know or care. Although I think more people know the names of cyclist than runners. People know of IM Kona.

I think Olympic level swimming and track and field is "cooler" because it is easier to see the athletes (once every 4 years) and we (USA) win. People learn their names.

Triathlon is probably not as cool as the "extreme" sports. Shawn White and Tony Hawk are more of household names that pro triathletes. It seems like the X Games are on TV all the time.
2014-10-15 1:16 PM
in reply to: Sidney Porter

User image

Sensei
Sin City

For the record, I was being a bit facetious when I said "cool".  That's why I put it in quotes.

I wasn't asking if the sport, or the people in it were like rock stars or only the trendy people were doing them - the new fad.  I get it, people are not doing it to look "cool" like wearing the latest trends or hanging out with celebs.

I simply meant, has triathlon declined in popularity in main stream culture the last several years?...  I'm a bit surprised I have to clarify that to some.  Maybe poor choice to use "cool" since there seems to be a hang-up on that or the definition. 

2014-10-15 1:31 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Kido

For the record, I was being a bit facetious when I said "cool".  That's why I put it in quotes.

I wasn't asking if the sport, or the people in it were like rock stars or only the trendy people were doing them - the new fad.  I get it, people are not doing it to look "cool" like wearing the latest trends or hanging out with celebs.

I simply meant, has triathlon declined in popularity in main stream culture the last several years?...  I'm a bit surprised I have to clarify that to some.  Maybe poor choice to use "cool" since there seems to be a hang-up on that or the definition. 

I don't know, Kido.....I think there are quite a few poeple who do triathlon that think it makes them cool.....that's why they won't shut up about it.  I can't count the number of times I've been standing in a pool lane, or getting my bike ready to ride at a public lot, when the person next to me starting going on about how they were a triathlete and blah,blah,blah.  There was one woman, standing in the lane next to me, that actually used the word.....she was going on and on about her upcoming race in Vegas (after she had asked me what I was training for and I said I was just swimming) when she said, "It's just so cool to be able to cruise along at 20 mph on a bike, there is nothing like it".  Ok lady, if you say so.

2014-10-15 1:59 PM

I think 'beer league' is somewhat interchangeable with hobby.
It is entirely possible to approach a hobby with the same intensity and even time investment.

I have another hobby. Over the years, I've probably put in as much time as most top level athletes. I even was just about to the 'pro' level where I'd get money for winning. But, I would have been like the guy who plays a career in baseball, only making it to the bigs for 3 weeks and goes something like 1-27 at the plate with the one hit coming in a 14-2 blowout against the dregs of the opposing team's bullpen. Now I do it for the fun and beer. Quite literally, on the beer. There's also camaraderie and challenging myself and my mates at a reasonable level for my expectations and time investment.

I don't see a huge difference between the two (for all but that .05% of the real competitors), other than the physical aspect and requirements of triathlon. Oh, and triathlon can be way cheaper. Although, I can make a few stray bucks in my other pursuit to offset costs.

Left-Brain can attest to this....my other hobby...it is patently UNCOOL and the clothing we wear makes triathletes look sane and normal. At least tri clothing is functional and is designed for comfort....as opposed to the insufferable heat and discomfort of what I put up with when I'm at it.

Edited by jhaack39 2014-10-15 2:02 PM

2014-10-15 2:04 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by jhaack39 I think 'beer league' is somewhat interchangeable with hobby. It is entirely possible to approach a hobby with the same intensity and even time investment. I have another hobby. Over the years, I've probably put in as much time as most top level athletes. I even was just about to the 'pro' level where I'd get money for winning. But, I would have been like the guy who plays a career in baseball, only making it to the bigs for 3 weeks and goes something like 1-27 at the plate with the one hit coming in a 14-2 blowout against the dregs of the opposing team's bullpen. Now I do it for the fun and beer. Quite literally, on the beer. There's also camaraderie and challenging myself and my mates at a reasonable level for my expectations and time investment. I don't see a huge difference between the two (for all but that .05% of the real competitors), other than the physical aspect and requirements of triathlon. Oh, and triathlon can be way cheaper. Although, I can make a few stray bucks in my other pursuit to offset costs. Left-Brain can attest to this....my other hobby...it is patently UNCOOL and the clothing we wear makes triathletes look sane and normal. At least tri clothing is functional and is designed for comfort....as opposed to the insufferable heat and discomfort of what I put up with when I'm at it.

I don't know dude.....I think your other hobby is cool as hell!  And.....my wife digs the clothes too!

2014-10-15 2:05 PM

User image

Katy, Texas
Originally posted by jhaack39

I think 'beer league' is somewhat interchangeable with hobby.
It is entirely possible to approach a hobby with the same intensity and even time investment.

I have another hobby. Over the years, I've probably put in as much time as most top level athletes. I even was just about to the 'pro' level where I'd get money for winning. But, I would have been like the guy who plays a career in baseball, only making it to the bigs for 3 weeks and goes something like 1-27 at the plate with the one hit coming in a 14-2 blowout against the dregs of the opposing team's bullpen. Now I do it for the fun and beer. Quite literally, on the beer. There's also camaraderie and challenging myself and my mates at a reasonable level for my expectations and time investment.

I don't see a huge difference between the two (for all but that .05% of the real competitors), other than the physical aspect and requirements of triathlon. Oh, and triathlon can be way cheaper. Although, I can make a few stray bucks in my other pursuit to offset costs.

Left-Brain can attest to this....my other hobby...it is patently UNCOOL and the clothing we wear makes triathletes look sane and normal. At least tri clothing is functional and is designed for comfort....as opposed to the insufferable heat and discomfort of what I put up with when I'm at it.

Well if you're not going to tell us the "hobby" we'll just have to guess. Based on the clothing description, I'm going with figure skating.
2014-10-15 2:14 PM
in reply to: 3mar

User image

Pro

Originally posted by 3mar
Originally posted by jhaack39 I think 'beer league' is somewhat interchangeable with hobby. It is entirely possible to approach a hobby with the same intensity and even time investment. I have another hobby. Over the years, I've probably put in as much time as most top level athletes. I even was just about to the 'pro' level where I'd get money for winning. But, I would have been like the guy who plays a career in baseball, only making it to the bigs for 3 weeks and goes something like 1-27 at the plate with the one hit coming in a 14-2 blowout against the dregs of the opposing team's bullpen. Now I do it for the fun and beer. Quite literally, on the beer. There's also camaraderie and challenging myself and my mates at a reasonable level for my expectations and time investment. I don't see a huge difference between the two (for all but that .05% of the real competitors), other than the physical aspect and requirements of triathlon. Oh, and triathlon can be way cheaper. Although, I can make a few stray bucks in my other pursuit to offset costs. Left-Brain can attest to this....my other hobby...it is patently UNCOOL and the clothing we wear makes triathletes look sane and normal. At least tri clothing is functional and is designed for comfort....as opposed to the insufferable heat and discomfort of what I put up with when I'm at it.
Well if you're not going to tell us the "hobby" we'll just have to guess. Based on the clothing description, I'm going with figure skating.

The only way figure skating would be cool is if they released tigers to chase them.

2014-10-15 2:16 PM

Originally posted by 3mar

I'm going with figure skating.

Worse. I'd, still rather dress like Johnny Weir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBqHqcel_fY

I'm the guy yelling at the beginning and stomping his foot in the oversized gear. I went through 3 outfits during my weightloss and didn't get properly fitted kit until this spring.
I posted last years, 'cause we won and suuuuucked this year.

Edited by jhaack39 2014-10-15 2:16 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Has triathlon lost it's "cool"? Rss Feed  

of 5

RELATED POSTS

having children and triathlons Pages: 1 2 3

Started by kevmk81
Views: 8468 Posts: 51

2013-07-23 5:47 AM mmrocker13

Cool or NOT cool Pages: 1 2

Started by husse23
Views: 2441 Posts: 26

2010-10-22 4:47 PM lucerolite

It's not the machine, it's the motor Pages: 1 2 3

Started by leftrunner
Views: 7005 Posts: 68

2010-05-24 2:38 PM knyost

Triathlon is a bit like having three kids

Started by mike9521
Views: 1540 Posts: 13

2007-01-17 5:53 PM hutsomania

Having triathlon dreams....

Started by boodah
Views: 1167 Posts: 7

2005-04-18 8:38 PM maddog62
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 11, 2014
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 1
Why it’s so hard for us to talk about losing at a simple game? Sports are supposed to be about building positive character, supposed to be about fairness, equality, and striving for excellence.

date : August 26, 2011
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 1
Research provides insight into struggles with shedding weight while training.
date : April 27, 2011
author : brumby11
comments : 5
An impending baby inspires a father to become fit, along the way discovering world of triathlon

date : January 15, 2008
author : MLT1
comments : 4
The triathletes really inspired me. I watched them in awe as childlike thoughts went through my head like, "I want to do that!" But then reality set in. “Who are you kidding?