General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Insoles Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2019-10-13 6:34 AM

User image

Kingston Upon Thames, England
Subject: Insoles
I supinate, not massively but my wear is on the outside of the heal on all shoes. At the moment I have heel and post-tib issues. On my right leg, this also contributes to foot, knee and hip issues my left leg/side is fine. I've tried strengthening exercises helped by Physio and continue to stretch and strengthen the right leg, problem still not fixed after 1 year!

I don't have inner soles, well what I mean is orthodic or moulded soles. Anyone suggest any? My running shoe shop stocks footbalance insoles and my friend said Superfeet blue insoles.

I've been wearing stability running shoes Hoka, Saucony and I think this is the wrong choice for supination, from what I have read supinators need a neutral cushioned shoe, with a netural cushioned insole.

Any suggestions on inner soles? Do they help! BTW 3 physios have checked my leg length there are no issues here between left/right

Edited by mortirolo 2019-10-13 6:37 AM

2019-10-13 10:35 PM
in reply to: #5263289

Subject: RE: Insoles
Definitely try the Superfeet. Try out both the blue and the orange. I go back and forth between the two depending on the shoe. I used to get foot and knee pain when playing soccer or just running. Flat feet (really flat!) and the Superfeet made the pain go away.
Good luck.
2019-10-23 3:14 PM
in reply to: mortirolo

User image

Gravitus Insoles! I've used them personally and sent quite a few people his way... ranging from a Grandma who just wanted to go for a walk up to Ironman athletes. He has a unique system and will customize each insert for each foot.
2019-10-24 5:03 PM

User image

Franklin, TN

Another vote for Superfeet.  I mainly use the blue ones.  I need more arch support than the standard insoles found in most shoes.

2019-10-25 11:35 AM

User image

Master
Atlanta, Georgia
Gold member
I'm in a custom pair after trying off the counter versions, including a couple mentioned in earlier posts. They are not cheap but worth every penny because they've enabled a gradual rebuild of running volume. I would view this route as the one of last resort after you try the pre-molded varieties.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Insoles Rss Feed