BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) --Always Open Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 31

2021-11-02 12:45 PM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member
Subject: RE: Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) --Always Open

And finally for those of you who STILL haven't written your race reports...

2021-11-03 12:03 PM
in reply to: #5274075

User image

, Vermont
Hahahaaha. Ugh, I know. I’m sick right now. I know I’ve got to do it.
2021-11-03 1:02 PM
in reply to: aviatrix802

User image

Baltimore, Maryland
Mike, I'm so sorry to hear about your BIL. That's so tough. Deepest condolences to you and your family.
Glad you're getting into a training plan, and I hope your back holds up. I should be back in the pool by then so I will see you there!
2021-11-03 1:25 PM
in reply to: nicole14e

User image

Baltimore, Maryland
Got in a bike boot camp and some foam rolling this morning. Still stuffy but feeling much better and I'm back at work.
2021-11-03 5:13 PM

User image

Regular
Auckland, North Island
Mike Sorry to hear about your BIL. Starting a training program from now till May? Awesome. I'm sure your cycling will be awesome, and good luck with the back/running. Re not swimming for 6 weeks, I haven't swum since ironman in march. In theory I am 12 weeks out from a 70.3, and the pools are closed (and have been for the last 12 weeks).... I'm sure some muscle memory will get me through.

Nicole Glad your feeling on the mend.

Jenn Hope your feeling better, but yes, use your time feeling blah to get that race report done. If only for your future reference. I've found going back and reading my own race reports can be helpful when building up to other events. As time passes, we forget what we learnt on the day.

Nathalie Making migraines go away is a good result. I still think it's mad. Admirable, but mad

For myself, 1 early run, and 3 zwift rides, all with some quality over the first 3 days of the week. As part of my 'working triathlete' plan/experiment I'm doing a lot more higher intensity efforts on the bike than I did previously. And it is taking some getting used to. I'm starting to cope with the workouts pretty well, but really feeling it in my legs the next morning which is contributing to a lack of am runs. I'm sure over the next few weeks as I continue to get some fitness back that will improve, and I'll be out pounding the pavements in the morning more frequently. But for now it's a struggle.
2021-11-04 8:39 AM
in reply to: bulfrog

User image

Baltimore, Maryland
Did some core and yoga this morning, recovering from 2 tough days. My legs are feeling it for sure so needed some recovery.
Jenn, I'm trying to stick to the HardCORE on the floor calendar you told me about. I've done it here and there in the past, but trying to do most of November. I think it will get me in a good groove, and it will force me to stretch and recover.

I'm still a bit run down. My energy level is low and by the evening I'm totally exhausted. Trying to get back into a good bedtime/wake up routine. Looking forward to not having much this weekend so my body has more time to recover, all before my trip to Miami in a week where I will likely wear it out again

2021-11-05 1:57 PM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Day 5 into my training plan and so far so good, though it is REALLY easy so far as this is the Preparation week.  Five days in a row getting up before 6 AM and training on four of them (got in a lunchtime treadmill and short swim today).  Tomorrow I'm going off script to participate in Reggie's ride on Zwift.  I think like 20K riders are doing it.  10 AM Eastern time if any of you Zwifties are interested.

Hope everyone had a great week.  Next week is a huge week for me at work where we deliver the material I've been working on for a year. 

2021-11-07 7:23 PM

User image

Regular
Auckland, North Island
Same old story for me this week.

Good effort on the bike, 6 zwift rides, 4 hours total. Not so good running, 2 runs, 75 minutes total. And no swimming (available, or done) Goals for the coming week, again, same old story. Continue with 5 or 6 rides, for 4 hours on zwift, and try to get myself out the door in the mornings before work for a quick run. My goal, is not huge, but if I can do 60 minutes of running spread across the week before work, and a 60 minute run at some point on the weekend, that would be great.

In good news, on Wednesday, after 84 days, our little ones are allowed to go back to kindy. We're still going to be in 'lockdown' no pools/gyms/barber/leaving the city... but at least the little man will get to play with his friends again. So that makes me happy.
2021-11-07 7:24 PM

User image

Regular
Auckland, North Island
Originally posted by jmhpsu93

Hope everyone had a great week.  Next week is a huge week for me at work where we deliver the material I've been working on for a year. 

Good luck for the big work week ahead. Hope it all goes well.
2021-11-08 8:03 AM

User image

Baltimore, Maryland
Mike, glad to see your training plan is going well. I'm sure your body is very happy with easing into the program

Andrew, glad to hear your little boy gets to go back to kindy. I'm sure it's such a confusing time for him, so getting back to at least some small amount of normalcy will be good.
You've totally got this on the runs! You have a plan. Set your clothes out the night before so you can just throw them out and head out the door!
2021-11-08 8:11 AM

User image

Baltimore, Maryland
Finally back to normal this weekend from being sick other than some lingering stuffiness. I'm on an 8 day streak on my Peloton. Have been getting in rides and strength pretty consistently. Barely drank anything this weekend, but I did have a Dry Irish Stout from a newer local brewery called Guilford Hall.

Next focus is to get my eating back on track, but that will likely have to wait until after Miami. Going to do my best the next 3 days though. I also want to do some daytime runs when I'm working from home. I don't like the cold, so mornings are rough (it's been pretty chilly here lately!), but when the sun is out it isn't so bad. Just want to do about 2-3 shorter runs a week.

Hope everyone is doing well!

2021-11-09 10:01 AM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by nicole14e Finally back to normal this weekend from being sick other than some lingering stuffiness. I'm on an 8 day streak on my Peloton. Have been getting in rides and strength pretty consistently. Barely drank anything this weekend, but I did have a Dry Irish Stout from a newer local brewery called Guilford Hall. Next focus is to get my eating back on track, but that will likely have to wait until after Miami. Going to do my best the next 3 days though. I also want to do some daytime runs when I'm working from home. I don't like the cold, so mornings are rough (it's been pretty chilly here lately!), but when the sun is out it isn't so bad. Just want to do about 2-3 shorter runs a week. Hope everyone is doing well!

Yeah I think "trip to Miami" to party isn't a great food plan. 

Week 2, adding a little bit more volume and some organized rides vs. just freewheeling around in Zwift as I felt like it.  I got into a fight with my Tacx this morning as both TrainerRoad and Zwift were having trouble controlling it, but I got a decent 30+ minute ride in.  Quick run afterwards and some strength work.

The kickoff for my big work event went great, then we had someone who was presenting later in the day try to bail.  That wasn't received well.  LOL

2021-11-10 10:30 AM

User image

Baltimore, Maryland
Got in a bike boot camp this morning and a bunch of core work, as well as some leg stuff. Trying to get packed tonight so I have enough time for a good workout tomorrow morning before I leave as well. I figure I can sleep on the flight, right It will be packed with Ravens fans also heading to the game, so could be interesting.
2021-11-12 5:40 AM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member
Originally posted by nicole14eGot in a bike boot camp this morning and a bunch of core work, as well as some leg stuff. Trying to get packed tonight so I have enough time for a good workout tomorrow morning before I leave as well. I figure I can sleep on the flight, right It will be packed with Ravens fans also heading to the game, so could be interesting.
Eegads...can you get your money back for that game? Ugh.
2021-11-12 6:21 AM
in reply to: #5278647

User image

Baltimore, Maryland
That was painful. What a sad loss. I would've rather lost last week and won last night.
2021-11-14 2:42 PM

User image

Regular
Auckland, North Island
Ok week for me. I had 2 days off, Monday due to taking a planned rest day, and Friday to drink beers celebrating Mrs Bullfrog receiving a job offer. So only 5 workout days this week.

Bike, 5 rides, 4 hours.
Run, 3 runs, 90 minutes.
Total, 5 1/2 hours.

I've also had my lowest weigh in since July. Still a long way to do there, but finally trending in the right direction.

Overall, a good week al round. Despite the awful weather.

Plan for this week, more of the same, but a little bit more. Ideally I'll be 41/2 hours on the bike, and up over 2 hours running.

2021-11-15 6:22 AM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Hi, all.  Got in another decent week of training, hitting the TSS targets.  Still relatively low volume.  My implementation went well last week now we have to run the support center for a couple of weeks, so still busy but not insane like the last month.  We're headed down to DC on Thursday to see Genesis - yes, I'm old - so excited about that but it'll throw a little wrench into the training plan for a couple of days. 

@Andrew - our weather sucks here now too, and will until May.  Hopefully you'll get into your summer shortly.

2021-11-17 2:16 PM

User image

Regular
Auckland, North Island
Hi Guys,

Good news, we have been given a 'freedom day'... kind of. December 15th the internal boarder around Auckland will be finally coming down. (so long as you have your vaccine passport and/or negative covid tests, and expect random police checks.... so still very fascist) And, on the 29th of November the government will confirm when the country can move to the new traffic light (vaccine passport system) it will be soon after that. Not that they will tell us what 'soon' means. So, I will likely be able to get a haircut again in early December... and my sister inlaw will be able to travel up and let the family meet her new (now 4 month old) baby, which she has been desperate to do.

The opening of the semi legal internal boarder on the 15th December will be the end of 119 days of Auckland being a gulag... This isn't the end but there now a tiny bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

Mike Nice job hitting your targets, and good that the work project went well... And yes, very jealous you get to do normal things like a) travel and b) go to a concert

me 3 zwift rides so far, 2 with some quality, and 1 longer but easier one. and a 30 minute run this morning. Ticking along quite nicely this week.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
2021-11-21 6:50 PM

User image

Regular
Auckland, North Island
Finished up with my biggest week in a while.

5 zwift rides for 4:30 hours, and 3 runs for 2:00 hours. 6:30 for the week for those keeping score. The plan for this week is match the bike, but 1 more run. Consistency is improving (but morning runs are still my biggest workon)

Hope everyone else had productive weeks.

Mike, how are you enjoying the new Neokyo maps? very neon and a bit of a maze from my viewpoint.
2021-11-22 7:02 AM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by bulfrog Finished up with my biggest week in a while. 5 zwift rides for 4:30 hours, and 3 runs for 2:00 hours. 6:30 for the week for those keeping score. The plan for this week is match the bike, but 1 more run. Consistency is improving (but morning runs are still my biggest workon) Hope everyone else had productive weeks. Mike, how are you enjoying the new Neokyo maps? very neon and a bit of a maze from my viewpoint.

Nice work, Andrew. 

I did a run through of Neokyo yesterday doing the Wandering Flats course twice through...I like it...it's different, but actually the whole thing kinda looks the same.  The Arcade is cool. 

I had a pretty good week considering my travel.  Genesis was a great show though it's a little sad seeing Phil Collins look so feeble (he has degenerative nerve disease).  We did a lot of walking (drinking ) around DC and Old Town Alexandria but I managed to get in a gym workout on Saturday morning before the train ride home.  Still no swimming but I'll get around to it.

We're staying put for Thanksgiving as usual so I should get in a good week but I'm also getting my Covid booster so that might knock me down for a day or so.

2021-11-24 12:58 AM

User image

, Kronobergs lan
Sorry about your BIL Mike (I had to google what he got, , scary stuff!)

Nothing much to report, one 10k run a week, another shorter run, one gym session. No motivation right now.

Still dipping myself in the lake 2 to 3 times a week. Temperature is down to 6 C now. I am still enjoying it, let’s see how long that lasts. I don’t think I’ll be breaking the ice to get it when the lake freezes, then again, I may find a group who does and join them (crazy Swedes)

Have a nice thanksgiving!

2021-11-28 6:12 AM
in reply to: Rollergirl

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Nathalie....you're crazy.  If my elementary school math is right that's 43*F +/-.  What the hell is wrong with you???  

2021-11-28 6:17 AM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Hope everyone who celebrates had a nice Thanksgiving.  We do the cooking and had half of our people call out sick (not COVID...just that nasty cold running around the US, which my daughter has as well, which means I'm doomed to get it too) so we had a ton of food left over.  I have three words for you - Costco.  Apple.  Pie.  Best dessert ever.  Anyway I got in a pretty good training week...kinda haphazzard with the schedule but pushed 400 TSS for the week.  Recovery week coming up, which I'll need after a night Ravens game tonight.

2021-11-28 3:45 PM

User image

Regular
Auckland, North Island
Happy thanksgiving Americans.

Nathalie Hope you're enjoying the winter. And I still think your mad going in that lake. As a contrast, I've usually got our spa set at 34 degrees for playing in with the kids. Mrs Bullfrog has decided that's too cold for evening spas, up to 37-38 it is.

Mike Good training week. I don't use, or fully understand TSS, but it's good to see you racking up numbers your happy with.

For myself, last week was tough. I can't figure out a specific reason but I've been absolutely shattered. So, the week became a bit of a semi scheduled rest week. 4 bikes for 3:10 total, and only the single, social run on Sunday morning. Smallest week for 7 weeks, but a lot more rest.

This week, at the risk of repeating myself, the main goal is before work runs. Just got to get out of bed and get it done.... Been trying for months now. Time to harden up, and form that habit.
2021-11-29 8:45 AM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

@Andrew:  you're probably dealing with some mental fatigue right now.  With all the $hit you're dealing with locally it has to take a toll on you.  I'm kinda done with it myself and all the theater around it is getting annoying. 

Now the US media is panicking over the Omicron variant, even though there's no indication that's it's resistant to vaccines or more severe than Delta.  Whatever gets eyeballs and clicks I suppose.  Uncle Joe is supposed to talk to us about it today.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) --Always Open Rss Feed  

of 31