Other Resources 2022 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
Show Per page

of 34

2022-07-01 12:46 PM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022

Originally posted by JBacarella I paid the money, so it looks Like I'm doing the Paul Bunyon Challenge on Sunday Oly distance tri.
Have fun, be fast!

2022-07-01 12:47 PM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk I saw this today....

Ha ha ha, cute!

2022-07-01 1:03 PM
in reply to: juniperjen

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by juniperjen

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk
Originally posted by BlueBoy26

Originally posted by marysia83 I hope everyone will have a great long weekend! I'll be gone for a while, thus, wanted to say HI and wish everyone a nice and sunny 4th

Enjoy!

Happy weekend!!

Happy long weekend to all in North America! We gloriously have no real plans after a crazy May and June full of lovely socializing and plenty of kid activities. 

Now that the weather has improve and races are back I am having some FOMO - I have primarily doing at home strength workouts and enjoying it a lot. The last few weeks i've gotten up early and gotten out to casually ride with a friend. I got a SUP for my birthday and have taken that out for a cruise on the river near me. So life is good. But what about tri??? 

I've been having lots of ongoing conversations with myself about what i want. Today i am about to register for a sprint-ish distance at the end of the summer but also trying figure out a reasonable training load while still managing all the life stuff including 3 weeks of vacation. I am sure i keep my expectations low I can do it. I just really haven't been doing ANY of the trisports with any sort of regularity in several months but i am excited by the prospect. Can I do it? Probably. Should I??

If you are excited about it, why not?

2022-07-01 1:20 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!!!

July 2-4
Jim - Paul Bunyan Oly distance tri on Sunday
Janyne - Firecracker 100k on Monday

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

Is anyone else racing or doing anything else fun this weekend?

2022-07-01 3:25 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by marysia83 I hope everyone will have a great long weekend! I'll be gone for a while, thus, wanted to say HI and wish everyone a nice and sunny 4th

Enjoy!

Happy weekend!!

Happy long weekend to all in North America! We gloriously have no real plans after a crazy May and June full of lovely socializing and plenty of kid activities. 

Now that the weather has improve and races are back I am having some FOMO - I have primarily doing at home strength workouts and enjoying it a lot. The last few weeks i've gotten up early and gotten out to casually ride with a friend. I got a SUP for my birthday and have taken that out for a cruise on the river near me. So life is good. But what about tri??? 

I've been having lots of ongoing conversations with myself about what i want. Today i am about to register for a sprint-ish distance at the end of the summer but also trying figure out a reasonable training load while still managing all the life stuff including 3 weeks of vacation. I am sure i keep my expectations low I can do it. I just really haven't been doing ANY of the trisports with any sort of regularity in several months but i am excited by the prospect. Can I do it? Probably. Should I??

DOOO EEETT!

2022-07-01 3:26 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Racing Manatees!!!

July 2-4

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

Go Jim and Janyne! Have fun!

2022-07-01 3:29 PM

User image

Expert

Racing Manatees!!!

July 2-4

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

Janyne, have a great 100k on Monday! Just to blow up. haha
2022-07-01 3:31 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Expert
Originally posted by amd723

Enjoy!

Happy weekend!!

DOOO EEETT!

If you are excited about the prospect then you have to DOOO EEETT!
2022-07-03 5:23 PM

User image

Expert
2022-07-03 6:28 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by JBacarella Race report is up https://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid... I got a flat and lost 10 minutes

Oh geez! I'm sorry to hear that

2022-07-03 9:07 PM

User image

Expert
Here are the finisher's medal and age group award.

(Finisher's medal.jpg)

(Age group award.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Finisher's medal.jpg (53KB - 0 downloads)
Age group award.jpg (50KB - 0 downloads)

2022-07-04 8:38 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by JBacarella Here are the finisher's medal and age group award.

Congrats on the AG placement -even with a 10 minute time out -woo hoo!

2022-07-04 2:57 PM

User image

Master
Toronto

Enjoy!

Happy weekend!!

DOOO EEETT!

Thanks everyone - i am going to DOOOO EEETTT! My specific task will be to not overcomplicate and do just enough to be trained for the day but not so much that it feels like a burden ... this is a task. I love training but i really need to find the love again and this may just work! 

As i decided i started looking up all the swim info and thinking about doing club swim but for a 750m swim I really don't need to do that. We have a little pool in my backyard good for short tethered swims, i live near Lake Ontario for OWS and can hit up community swim a bunch of times. Will be good enough. 

2022-07-04 2:58 PM

User image

Master
Toronto

Originally posted by JBacarella Here are the finisher's medal and age group award.

Congrats on the AG placement -even with a 10 minute time out -woo hoo!

Congrats! Great medals! :D

New Thread
Other Resources 2022 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022 Rss Feed  
Show Per page

of 34

RELATED POSTS

Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2022 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14

Started by jmhpsu93
Views: 5398 Posts: 350

2022-07-03 2:49 AM Rollergirl