Other Resources 2022 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 55

2022-12-03 8:35 AM
in reply to: canadarn2001

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Subject: RE: Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022
Yes, definitely, if I did decide to attempt a KQ I would definitely try to do it in a year I could go to Kona!

2022-12-03 8:40 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by canadarn2001 Hi All I have been slacking on reading the group forum due to travel, work, life, etc. 1. Congrats on IMAZ Randee! I did that race x 2 way back in the day. I love Tempe! 2. IM Championships -> change sucks. I was fortunate enough to be a spectator for my husband who did it back in 2007. Kona is a quaint town. I cannot imagine how busy it must have felt this year with all the racers. It's too bad they are splitting the men and women and putting the races in two different locations. Lots of men/women train together and if you qualify, even if your race is on a different day it's fun to cheer each other on. Seems like now if you have any 'hopes' of qualifying and really want to do the race when it's in Kona you will have to strategically plan what year you do a qualifying IM. Most of us AG-ers don't have Kona on our radar but I am just thinking for those who do. I wonder if IM will see a decrease in registration? 3. Cycle NC event in Lake Lure -> when is this taking place? I might be interested! 4. Nothing big planned for me this weekend however I am OW swimming today. It's going to feel chilly! Leanne

It's the weekend of 8/5.  If I didn't have call the month of August I'd more than likely do it. 

2022-12-03 9:55 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by canadarn2001 Hi All I have been slacking on reading the group forum due to travel, work, life, etc. 1. Congrats on IMAZ Randee! I did that race x 2 way back in the day. I love Tempe! 2. IM Championships -> change sucks. I was fortunate enough to be a spectator for my husband who did it back in 2007. Kona is a quaint town. I cannot imagine how busy it must have felt this year with all the racers. It's too bad they are splitting the men and women and putting the races in two different locations. Lots of men/women train together and if you qualify, even if your race is on a different day it's fun to cheer each other on. Seems like now if you have any 'hopes' of qualifying and really want to do the race when it's in Kona you will have to strategically plan what year you do a qualifying IM. Most of us AG-ers don't have Kona on our radar but I am just thinking for those who do. I wonder if IM will see a decrease in registration? 3. Cycle NC event in Lake Lure -> when is this taking place? I might be interested! 4. Nothing big planned for me this weekend however I am OW swimming today. It's going to feel chilly! Leanne

It's the weekend of 8/5.  If I didn't have call the month of August I'd more than likely do it. 

There's always retirement 

Additional CNC Mountain Ride info: https://ncsports.org/event/cyclenc_mountain_ride/

2022-12-04 4:34 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

Extreme Veteran
Wilmington, NC
Originally posted by jmkizer

Additional CNC Mountain Ride info: https://ncsports.org/event/cyclenc_mountain_ride/

This looks fun! I have so much on my schedule I wish I could do it all. I pencilling this in though. I need mountain training.

I got my wahoo core Kickr set up. I guess the best starting point would be to do a fit test?
2022-12-04 7:53 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by canadarn2001

This looks fun! I have so much on my schedule I wish I could do it all. I pencilling this in though. I need mountain training. I got my wahoo core Kickr set up. I guess the best starting point would be to do a fit test?

That is what they tell you to do, but I hate them and since Zwift and Trainer Road both do automatic FTP updates based on workouts you do (I'm sure there is a more accurate description ) I just plugged in what I believe to be my FTP when I just set up a new Trainer Road account. Janyne is really good at doing FTP tests on regular intervals , so you should probably take advice from her and not me!

2022-12-05 9:51 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by canadarn2001

This looks fun! I have so much on my schedule I wish I could do it all. I pencilling this in though. I need mountain training. I got my wahoo core Kickr set up. I guess the best starting point would be to do a fit test?

That is what they tell you to do, but I hate them and since Zwift and Trainer Road both do automatic FTP updates based on workouts you do (I'm sure there is a more accurate description ) I just plugged in what I believe to be my FTP when I just set up a new Trainer Road account. Janyne is really good at doing FTP tests on regular intervals , so you should probably take advice from her and not me!

Lies!  I do short Zwift races and *call them* FTP tests.  I do a lot better when chasing someone/being chased!  Hey, the same is true for run tests -- sign up for a 5k ;-)

2022-12-05 11:05 AM
in reply to: alaskatri

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by alaskatri

Racing Manatees!!!

December 3-4
Several 5k runners out there this weekend!

Doooo eeeettttt!!!!!!

Is anyone else racing or doing anything else fun this weekend?

Still in recovery from this respiratory infection. I highly recommend not getting it if you can avoid.

I hope you recover and feel better soon.  Being sick sucks.

New Thread
Other Resources 2022 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Racing Manatees - Better Together in 2022 Rss Feed  

of 55

RELATED POSTS

Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2022 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42

Started by jmhpsu93
Views: 18202 Posts: 1044

2022-12-04 4:13 PM bulfrog