Other Resources Challenge Me! » 1000 Miles in 2022 Rss Feed  
Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
 
 
of 2
 
 
2022-07-01 10:37 AM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Master
2444
200010010010010025
Atlanta, Georgia
Bronze member
Subject: RE: 1000 Miles in 2022
Just updated my totals as of the midpoint..I was pretty well ahead of goal pace after a winter's worth of getting ready for a marathon in Feb and then a short build to a 70.3 a few weeks back. I had PRP injections into a knee in early June and that's meant no running. I think I'm ok to pick it back up in July and I have another marathon scheduled for mid-November so I can hopefully log enough training miles to get to the goal by the end of December. I'm aging up so getting(finally!) a BQ time is very much the goal..

Hope everyone in the Challenge is running without injury..


2022-07-05 10:04 AM
in reply to: alltom1

User image

Regular
265
1001002525
Bolivar, OH
Subject: RE: 1000 Miles in 2022
Originally posted by alltom1

Just updated my totals as of the midpoint..I was pretty well ahead of goal pace after a winter's worth of getting ready for a marathon in Feb and then a short build to a 70.3 a few weeks back. I had PRP injections into a knee in early June and that's meant no running. I think I'm ok to pick it back up in July and I have another marathon scheduled for mid-November so I can hopefully log enough training miles to get to the goal by the end of December. I'm aging up so getting(finally!) a BQ time is very much the goal..

Hope everyone in the Challenge is running without injury..


Hope your knee is feeling better after the injection and hope you were able to get back to running the first of the month. I noticed your miles had dropped off a little. I was wondering what happened or if you just hadn't updated the spreadsheet in a while.
2022-07-05 11:36 AM
in reply to: alltom1

User image


1444
100010010010010025
Cypress, Texas
Subject: RE: 1000 Miles in 2022

Originally posted by alltom1 Just updated my totals as of the midpoint..I was pretty well ahead of goal pace after a winter's worth of getting ready for a marathon in Feb and then a short build to a 70.3 a few weeks back. I had PRP injections into a knee in early June and that's meant no running. I think I'm ok to pick it back up in July and I have another marathon scheduled for mid-November so I can hopefully log enough training miles to get to the goal by the end of December. I'm aging up so getting(finally!) a BQ time is very much the goal.. Hope everyone in the Challenge is running without injury..

I finally got my BQ time in March. It took me over 15 years to get the BQ.  It was am amazing feeling though.  Good luck at the marathon.

2022-11-16 11:22 AM
in reply to: JBacarella


1

Subject: RE: 1000 Miles in 2022
Just a few minor adjustments. I hope it's okay with you. I discovered a few things from last year that did not transfer over properly. I took a few days off last week for vacation, so I'm a little behind. I'll try to make up for it soon here.
2022-11-22 8:40 AM
in reply to: SAking

User image


1444
100010010010010025
Cypress, Texas
Subject: RE: 1000 Miles in 2022

So...It looks like I hit my 1000 miles for the year.  When I started Triathlon 7 years ago I was doing about 750 miles a year.  This year I am on pace for 1,125 miles. 

My running off the bike has greatly improved since I upped the miles from 750 miles a year to over 1,000.  I have taken about a minute off my run time at Sprint Triathlons, about 4 minutes off my run time at Olympic races, and about 20 minutes off my run times at 70.3 events.

 

2022-11-25 6:57 AM
in reply to: BlueBoy26

User image

Expert
2760
20005001001002525
Subject: RE: 1000 Miles in 2022
Originally posted by BlueBoy26

So...It looks like I hit my 1000 miles for the year.  When I started Triathlon 7 years ago I was doing about 750 miles a year.  This year I am on pace for 1,125 miles. 

My running off the bike has greatly improved since I upped the miles from 750 miles a year to over 1,000.  I have taken about a minute off my run time at Sprint Triathlons, about 4 minutes off my run time at Olympic races, and about 20 minutes off my run times at 70.3 events.

 



Great Job! Looks like I'm going to be about 100 miles short. I've had a weird year. Just have to get back at it next year.


2022-12-29 1:37 PM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Expert
2760
20005001001002525
Subject: RE: 1000 Miles in 2022
Is there a competent adult who can do the spreadsheet for next year? My skills and knowledge of excel are very limited.
2022-12-31 10:53 AM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Master
2444
200010010010010025
Atlanta, Georgia
Bronze member
Subject: RE: 1000 Miles in 2022
Just logged the last run of the year. More miles than I've done before(at the cost of bike miles, which came in about half volume from years previous. And don't get me started about swimming volumes..). I started the year with a very specific goal(BQ); missed the goal over two attempts, including a DNF, and now I'm giving it one more shot in two weeks. This last mary is happening on 60% of the volume I used to prepare for the two previous attempts so I don't think it's gonna work but all will be revealed.

One by-product of some run miles in the legs has been my times at shorter races compares respectably with results I was getting 15 years ago in my mid-40's. Amazing how a milestone birthday makes you think about this stuff..

I doubt I'll run as many miles next year. It's been nice to be able to make myself a 50mpw guy during the training blocks but I'm not feeling like it's sustainable. And I'm missing being on my bike. I do plan on participating in BT's 1k miles in '23 group and I'll be watching everyone's progress with much interest. Happy New Year friends..

2022-12-31 12:39 PM
in reply to: alltom1

User image

Expert
2760
20005001001002525
Subject: RE: 1000 Miles in 2022
Originally posted by alltom1

Just logged the last run of the year. More miles than I've done before(at the cost of bike miles, which came in about half volume from years previous. And don't get me started about swimming volumes..). I started the year with a very specific goal(BQ); missed the goal over two attempts, including a DNF, and now I'm giving it one more shot in two weeks. This last mary is happening on 60% of the volume I used to prepare for the two previous attempts so I don't think it's gonna work but all will be revealed.

One by-product of some run miles in the legs has been my times at shorter races compares respectably with results I was getting 15 years ago in my mid-40's. Amazing how a milestone birthday makes you think about this stuff..

I doubt I'll run as many miles next year. It's been nice to be able to make myself a 50mpw guy during the training blocks but I'm not feeling like it's sustainable. And I'm missing being on my bike. I do plan on participating in BT's 1k miles in '23 group and I'll be watching everyone's progress with much interest. Happy New Year friends..



Happy New Year and good luck in two weeks!
New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » 1000 Miles in 2022 Rss Feed  
 
 
of 2
 
 
RELATED POSTS

Run 1000 miles in 2021

Started by donw
Views: 1336 Posts: 12

2022-01-03 8:58 AM TRIMAN413

Run 1000 miles in 2020! Pages: 1 2

Started by kloofyroland
Views: 4878 Posts: 43

2021-01-07 1:38 PM MSU_Brad

Run 1000 miles in 2019! Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by kloofyroland
Views: 8802 Posts: 95

2021-09-20 4:01 AM glassrailings