General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » FREE Year of Coaching - Coaching Sponsorship Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-10-28 11:07 AM

User image

Expert
Madison, Wisconsin
Subject: FREE Year of Coaching - Coaching Sponsorship
I was fortunate enough years ago that I had an athlete come to me looking for help and guidance. He was looking for someone to help him train and reach his goals. He put trust and faith in me and I am forever grateful for that one chance. He was the catalyst to my entrance into the world of coaching. Since then I have worked with triathletes helping them reach their goals and aspirations every year. Seeing athletes reach their goals and doing something they once thought was not possible is why I do this, but I needed that one chance first.

So I believe I should return the favor and do the same for the athlete. Every year I coach ONE athlete for FREE. That’s right, there is no charge, no fees, nothing. You get 12 months of coaching, with all the bells and whistles. All I ask for in return is a 12-month commitment to a coach-athlete relationship and giving your absolute best.

This sponsorship is a commitment based program. My commitment to you is to offer the best possible coaching that I can provide and your commitment is to give me 12-months of your absolute best and most committed training striving to be the absolute best you can be. What you put into this relationship and your training is what you will get out of it. This is not a program for someone looking for a plan and nothing else, this is for someone that is committed to achieving their goals in 2016 and beyond.

Last year I had a standard application, it worked well, but the 30+ applications took forever to go through (hence the hard cap of 500 word limit this year) and it was hard to select just one. I am taking a different approach this time around to find the right athlete for this sponsorship and to find that one athlete that stands out.

Tell me your story and explain your WHY. You have 500 words, and only 500 words (this is a hard cap, I will not accept anything with 501 words or more) to tell your story and explain your why.

WHY are you a good candidate?
WHY do you race?
WHY do you want to be coached?
WHY do you have the goals you have? (This one is important!!!)

You MUST include:
Your name
Email

I urge you to be creative with this and think outside the box, but also to be honest, true, and show your passion! If you want to submit an essay for someone else you can do that too.

PLEASE DO NOT apply if you are “in flux” for next year, or cannot commit to a 12-month free contract. If are planning some big life changes this may not be for you.

Application period will start on September 29th and I will accept applications until November 5th.

Applications can be sent(via word doc attachment) to [email protected] with the subject line: Coaching Sponsorship Application

Coaching services can start anytime after the winner is announced (Approx early November) until Jan 1st. You will have 12 months from the first day services begin.

Requirements of athlete:
12 months of full commitment to sport and coaching
Powermeter/GPS (NOT required, but recommended)
Willingness to communicate and collaborate with coach weekly (this is not a one way street)

Edited by bcagle25 2015-10-28 11:08 AM
Sell Gear
General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » FREE Year of Coaching - Coaching Sponsorship Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

WTT Coaching for Computrainer

Started by Rich
Views: 790 Posts: 1

2010-10-19 1:38 PM Rich

WTB - Swim Coach

Started by brex
Views: 780 Posts: 4

2009-08-03 11:42 PM Slugger

(forward) TnT Michigan Coaching Positions Wanted

Started by Ron
Views: 832 Posts: 1

2005-11-20 3:44 PM Ron

Update to Tri Swim Coach Complete Guide Offer

Started by Tri Swim Coach
Views: 1285 Posts: 1

2005-01-20 6:09 PM Tri Swim Coach

Coaching Services Special!

Started by PhysFarm
Views: 1057 Posts: 2

2005-01-03 1:03 PM PhysFarm
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 15, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
comments : 0
This month we talk with gsmacleod, aka Coach Shane MacLeod on his coaching philosophy, his approach to gadgets, training plans, missed workouts and strength training.

date : February 23, 2009
author : mat steinmetz
I will be 20 this summer and am planning on doing Ironman Montreal. This will be my first year of triathlon, can I do this and stay away from injuries?
date : September 14, 2008
author : Team BT
Receive online triathlon coaching via our forums, personal coaching through an affiliated coach or nutrition coaching from our certified nutritionist.

comments : 2
Details on how athletes can connect with registered BT coaches for training plans and personal triathlon coaching.
comments : 1
Details on how to use the 'Coaching System' to coach your athletes.

date : February 28, 2005
author : Ron
comments : 11
Triathlon traning programs and plans from sprints and olympics to 1/2 and full Ironmans
date : January 10, 2005
author : JeremyLikness
It's great to have goals, but by itself, a goal is not much. Have you ever shared with someone else that you would “try” to accomplish a goal?

date : September 4, 2004
author : Daniel Clout
How to choose a coach? A summary of three 'types' of coaches and the pros and cons of each.