BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 100

2014-05-28 2:13 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors: We Will Stalk You (Open)
Originally posted by 4agoodlife

Originally posted by RichardsdrrJust chucking my keys into the pot. Will post a bio when there's 25 hours in the day. Meh.
awww...you want mom to do it for you? I have three more hours in the car :/ (for new manatees, I am sometimes his mom. Lol) On a serious note, you sound stressed still

It may have been enlightening to read what you would have written, but i've done it now, cheers mom(or mam in welsh). As for stressed, always, gonna be a long time before I get to a position where I have enough time in the day, but I'm trying to rearrange things to free up some time. Getting a few jobs done at the moment, that's how I'm training every other day at the moment.

2014-05-28 2:15 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by rrrunner

DS2 likes the Star Wars Half idea...

Speaking of DS2, the pix from BB are in and I just love two of them that they took. Problem? They're $25 a piece or $60 for all the pix (the others aren't so great)

ETA: guess I can't show you the proofs.  How about this

Great pics and it looks like you had great weather for the race!

2014-05-28 2:15 PM
in reply to: jbwills

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.
Originally posted by jbwills

Quick post, more later. Just finished my shadow HM. Set a PR today of 1:50:31 with a pace of 8:26 PPM. I am very pleased, very hungry, and very tired. Going to eat "dinner" (actually breakfast food) and go to bed for a few hours.

Gotta love PR's, I think you're gonna reach your goals you set in no time. You still thinking of doing the Ultra?
2014-05-28 2:17 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by amd723

That was in 2010.  I did the HM that year.  Man that was miserable - especially for the people (like my sister and sister in law)who were still running when the sleet turned to rain.  Thankfully, I finished before the rain and sat in a warm car waiting for the rest of my group.  That was really unusual weather for us,it usually gets into the 70s for the race. 

2011 was hotter than Hades. You're taking your chances in Orlando with January weather.

2014-05-28 2:17 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Speaking of DS2, the pix from BB are in and I just love two of them that they took. Problem? They're $25 a piece or $60 for all the pix (the others aren't so great)

I really like the pics of you and DS2, very nice!

By the way, oh twin separated at birth, are those Tifosi sunglasses?  They look an awful lot like the pair I wear for biking and racing...

2014-05-28 2:18 PM
in reply to: Richardsdrr

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by Richardsdrr
Originally posted by 4agoodlife
Originally posted by RichardsdrrJust chucking my keys into the pot. Will post a bio when there's 25 hours in the day. Meh.
awww...you want mom to do it for you? I have three more hours in the car :/ (for new manatees, I am sometimes his mom. Lol) On a serious note, you sound stressed still
It may have been enlightening to read what you would have written, but i've done it now, cheers mom(or mam in welsh). As for stressed, always, gonna be a long time before I get to a position where I have enough time in the day, but I'm trying to rearrange things to free up some time. Getting a few jobs done at the moment, that's how I'm training every other day at the moment.

I'm with Erin on this, I hope you are feeling more like yourself soon!

2014-05-28 2:23 PM
in reply to: mcmanusclan5

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.
Originally posted by mcmanusclan5

Darren, if you're the master of the mini-taper, I might have to get some schoolin' from you.  I decided yesterday that I'm going to do the 6/8 HIM I had on the books (and then took off my schedule after the knee and hammy-whammy of the last couple months).  The last 2 weeks went well enough that I'm going to start it and target something between compete and complete for the race strategy.

We'll see, but I won't have done my usual build/peak/taper blocks.  More like "enforced rest from injury/short build/taper week."  Feels like when I cram a race into the mid-season, taper-wise, but without the base!  

Let me adjust that signature for you...

Darren - (*because of his hectic life, non-consistent training and perpetual injuries, he has had to become the) Master of the mini taper (,which basically means turning up to events ill prepared and dying on his overweight a$$).

Still want that advice

*Apologies for talking of oneself in the third
2014-05-28 2:25 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Monica, did you get the new saddle???

2014-05-28 2:33 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by cdban66

Nope - although I REALLY want one, I just don't think it will go well on my red, silver & white bike.  If there was a white version, or a black version, I'd be allllll over it!  As it is, I think I need a second job to keep up with my Betty habit...   

2014-05-28 2:35 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by jmkizer

I see at least three that are good.  :-)

Tell me about your running skirt.  SkirtSports? The shorties stay put?  Comfy for longer runs or better for the shorter stuff?  Good in the heat or does it get weighted down if you get drenched?  Lunchtime runs have me thinking that a running skirt might not be all bad. ;-)

It is a SkirtSports (so is the bright pink tank). I love their stuff! The shorties do stay put nicely and they are comfy for both short and long dinstance. I generally don't wear them if it is hot out because it's basically two layers that are as thick or thicker than regular running shorts. My SS collection includes two pair running shorts, a running capri and a bike capri.

I think that I have that top, actually!  I love their tops but I haven't tried their bottoms yet ;-)

2014-05-28 2:39 PM

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.
And finally, welcome Debbi, Elizabeth and Sonya. A word of warning, Manatees are addictive.

Heal up Yanti, and Mutti, and Salty, and anyone else (sheez).

I think I'm all caught up, now to get ready for work.

2014-05-28 2:42 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Nope - although I REALLY want one, I just don't think it will go well on my red, silver & white bike.  If there was a white version, or a black version, I'd be allllll over it!  As it is, I think I need a second job to keep up with my Betty habit...   

I like my ISM, so I was just wondering.

2014-05-28 2:56 PM
in reply to: Richardsdrr

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Richardsdrr And finally, welcome Debbi, Elizabeth and Sonya. A word of warning, Manatees are addictive. Heal up Yanti, and Mutti, and Salty, and anyone else (sheez). I think I'm all caught up, now to get ready for work.

They have all been very quiet.  I hope that we haven't frightened them away already!

2014-05-28 2:58 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

I guess Disney isn't alone in getting paid

I liked a number of the pics as well, although I'll not be asking about running skirts or the like anytime soon.

2014-05-28 2:58 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

I've already got the ISM Road saddle on George - which I love - and sadly my argument to Tony that I'll need a new bike to go with the new saddle somehow didn't work out so well for me...   

2014-05-28 2:59 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by Richardsdrr And finally, welcome Debbi, Elizabeth and Sonya. A word of warning, Manatees are addictive. Heal up Yanti, and Mutti, and Salty, and anyone else (sheez). I think I'm all caught up, now to get ready for work.

They have all been very quiet.  I hope that we haven't frightened them away already!

Dive in, the water is fine. This group can be chatty at times, but is very open with any questions you may have. Evidently, not just tri related, judging from the conversation today.

2014-05-28 3:00 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

I've already got the ISM Road saddle on George - which I love - and sadly my argument to Tony that I'll need a new bike to go with the new saddle somehow didn't work out so well for me...   

What?! That is a great argument. It's like having to buy new furniture after you paint the walls. Duh.
2014-05-28 3:01 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Yeah, I see the fallicy in that argument. Did you also mention a place to set up the new bike on a new trainer in a new room in a new house in a new town?

2014-05-28 3:02 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Dive in, the water is fine. This group can be chatty at times, but is very open with any questions you may have. Evidently, not just tri related, judging from the conversation today.

Hmm, I bet if we analyzed the posts we'd find that the bigger percentage of conversation was not tri related or very slightly tri related !
2014-05-28 3:09 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

I liked a number of the pics as well, although I'll not be asking about running skirts or the like anytime soon.

The guys refer to them as kilts

2014-05-28 3:11 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

thanks, now I can truly drive TW out of her mind!!!! Woo Hoo!

2014-05-28 3:20 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Yeah, I see the fallicy in that argument. Did you also mention a place to set up the new bike on a new trainer in a new room in a new house in a new town?

I *may* have mentioned that if we truly want a new start in a new place in a new town, I really should also have a new bike!  

The argument still fell flat.  Pout.  

2014-05-28 3:21 PM

Master
Northern IL

Ideally you're supposed to find the saddle and bar set first and then work a bike into this according to your fit. So, now that you have the saddle sorted out ...

2014-05-28 3:22 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

thanks, now I can truly drive TW out of her mind!!!! Woo Hoo!

We were looking at those for DS2 for the Runnin of the Green in March

2014-05-28 3:31 PM

User image

Denver, CO

I *may* have mentioned that if we truly want a new start in a new place in a new town, I really should also have a new bike!  

The argument still fell flat.  Pout.  

Sheesh.  That man has no idea how to treat you like the goddess you are.  Maybe you can find some example of when you last tolerated him buying something you thought was unnecessary as leverage.

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Rss Feed  

of 100

RELATED POSTS

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11078 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : December 17, 2007
author : LukeTX04
I learned in this race that in order to finish the swim, you have to know where you are going. And in order to know where you are going, you have to learn to sight.
date : September 25, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussion on sinking hips, balance drills, open water freak-out, best breathing for open water swimming and head position.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.