BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 52

2014-11-12 11:40 AM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Master
Orlando
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered)

Originally posted by 4agoodlife

Glad my Mermanatee brought some smiles. I feel like "she" looks

Got our hotel booked for Saturday and Sunday nights. Decided to go ahead with two so that I wouldn't have to arrange a sitter and run kids back and forth from home...I really want them to be there when J finishes. This way we'll have someplace to hang out when they're tired or want to swim or get out of the sun. Plus we can just crash there after race instead of trying to get packed up for home right away. Starting our sign and t-shirts today. I'm getting nervous. lol

sounds like a good plan!  i expect some fun signs!  good luck J!!

2014-11-12 12:07 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered)

Got our hotel booked for Saturday and Sunday nights. Decided to go ahead with two so that I wouldn't have to arrange a sitter and run kids back and forth from home...I really want them to be there when J finishes. This way we'll have someplace to hang out when they're tired or want to swim or get out of the sun. Plus we can just crash there after race instead of trying to get packed up for home right away. Starting our sign and t-shirts today. I'm getting nervous. lol

Bummed I won't be there   Instead I am flying to Omaha for a retirement party! He better appreciate the fact that I am missing both IMAZ and Kona to be there!

2014-11-12 12:24 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Seattle

Ok guys, for the first time in a while, I am looking forward to my marathon! I just booked my tickets. I'm of course doing a crazy California Adventure post marathon, going to the Sacramento River Delta on a houseboat with my parents, to San Fran for a Bachelorette Party and then jumping down to San Diego to see my new niece and brother, phew!

I start tapering next week! OMG!

2014-11-12 12:30 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Thanks for the kissy manatee - that put a MUCH needed smile on my face!!  

2014-11-12 12:31 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Ok guys, for the first time in a while, I am looking forward to my marathon! I just booked my tickets. I'm of course doing a crazy California Adventure post marathon, going to the Sacramento River Delta on a houseboat with my parents, to San Fran for a Bachelorette Party and then jumping down to San Diego to see my new niece and brother, phew!

Salty - I LOVE all of your adventures (especially the crazy ones... or the "more crazy than usual ones") and can't wait for the stunning pics that I know will come along with them!

2014-11-12 12:37 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Salty - I LOVE all of your adventures (especially the crazy ones... or the "more crazy than usual ones") and can't wait for the stunning pics that I know will come along with them!

So cool!!!!!! You'll rock the marathon and the trip after sounds crazy-awesome!!!!!!!!!

Anyone in here who doesn't follow Salty on Instagram really really really should!

2014-11-12 12:44 PM

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by rrrunner

So cool!!!!!! You'll rock the marathon and the trip after sounds crazy-awesome!!!!!!!!!

Anyone in here who doesn't follow Salty on Instagram really really really should!

It really is fun to have a venue to share these things and I am really, really happy that you guys actually enjoy following along!

2014-11-12 1:33 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

It really is fun to have a venue to share these things and I am really, really happy that you guys actually enjoy following along!

Crap... does this mean I have to get one of those new-fandangled instagram account thingy that all the kids are talking about these days??  

2014-11-12 2:06 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Crap... does this mean I have to get one of those new-fandangled instagram account thingy that all the kids are talking about these days??  

Nope, just go to http://instagram.com/asalzwed. It's probably easier to set up a new account, but if your computer saves your browsing history (you DO know what is, right? ) you can just check it out whenever you have time.  There are a bunch of Manatees on instagram; I've just found them by looking at the names of people who "like" a particular photo and then guess.  Chris's is cdban66, TJ is rrrunner, and I know Kate and Melanie are there but I can't remember their user names off the top of my head.

2014-11-12 2:42 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Long overdue!

2014-11-12 2:42 PM

User image

Master

Bummed I won't be there   Instead I am flying to Omaha for a retirement party! He better appreciate the fact that I am missing both IMAZ and Kona to be there!

Ah man :/  You beat me to my question. Well, yeah, he'd better appreciate it! Plus, you're giving up perfect fall weather for the icy north.

2014-11-12 2:51 PM

User image

Master

^^^REALLY, REALLY GOOD NEWS!

Way to cram the entire state into one trip. Well, except for Stockton, Fresno and Bakersfield. Don't know how you could miss those highlights for a true "adventure".

2014-11-12 2:55 PM
in reply to: 0

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by jmkizer

Long overdue!

A what? Is this what the little birdie carries along?

Edited by brigby1 2014-11-12 2:55 PM
2014-11-12 3:25 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Give us his bib # so we can stalk him. 

2014-11-12 5:58 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Master
Originally posted by laffinrock

Give us his bib # so we can stalk him. 

He says it's 2257, but I'll double check
2014-11-13 8:59 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Erin - good luck to J and to you and the kids, spectating an IM is no joke!  Sounds like a great weekend is in store for you.

Salty - I love your adventures (and the accompanying pictures!), and it's so good to hear you are excited about your marathon.  Much love and hugs!

Anyone who cares, I am mpayton15 on Instagram.

2014-11-13 9:01 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

It is 2257, I'm ready to stalk!

2014-11-13 9:28 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Denver, CO

I think I'm ready to move to Alaska.  Yesterday it was 41* (fahrenheit) in Anchorage and 6* here.  This morning, it was -7* when I left for work.  Today's high is projected to be 19*, tomorrow up to the 30's (heat wave!), then cold and snow again on Sat.  On Monday, the temp dropped 30-40 degrees in a matter of hours.  Anybody else having this lovely weather?!

2014-11-13 9:44 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

I think I'm ready to move to Alaska.  Yesterday it was 41* (fahrenheit) in Anchorage and 6* here.  This morning, it was -7* when I left for work.  Today's high is projected to be 19*, tomorrow up to the 30's (heat wave!), then cold and snow again on Sat.  On Monday, the temp dropped 30-40 degrees in a matter of hours.  Anybody else having this lovely weather?!

Yes! We've had two days of winter and I'm already tired of it. Lolo posted on Twitter yesterday that she can handle cold, it's the wind she doesn't like and I completely agree! Cold I can bundle up for but there's no tolerating the wind in my face! Looks like more dreadmill days for me

The one up-side is that DH started up the fireplaces, including the one in our bedroom.... ahhhhhhhh

(fireplace.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
fireplace.JPG (141KB - 1 downloads)
2014-11-13 9:46 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

75* here right now, will top out at 80* and then hit 59* over night.  Brrrr.

2014-11-13 9:52 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by amd723

I'm headed to Omaha this weekend. Really not looking forward to the cold there!!!!!!!!!!!! At least here we don't have the humidity to make it worse! There are reasons we left Omaha!

ETA: It did give me an excuse to buy a new pair of boots

Edited by rrrunner 2014-11-13 9:54 AM

2014-11-13 9:54 AM

Master
Northern IL

I'm headed to Omaha this weekend. Really not looking forward to the cold there!!!!!!!!!!!! At least here we don't have the humidity to make it worse! There are reasons we left Omaha!

23 here. High of 31 expected. A few snowflakes were falling. Nice morning to be outside.

2014-11-13 9:56 AM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by brigby1

23 here. High of 31 expected. A few snowflakes were falling. Nice morning to be outside.

My son is headed that way in early February. He's not looking forward to the Illinois winter!

2014-11-13 10:01 AM

User image

Melon Presser

Oops.

Well, I had to check the Ironman site for a press release I was writing about the upcoming nuptials on the IMWA course ...

Generally the only way I can get away with this stuff with Kingsley is to register him too ... or buy a shiny new gear thing ... anyplace have sales on today?!

(IMT Entry.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
IMT Entry.jpg (104KB - 1 downloads)
2014-11-13 10:17 AM

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by brigby1

My son is headed that way in early February. He's not looking forward to the Illinois winter!

We have seen bits of 45-50 in that time. Weather is all over the place here.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered) Rss Feed  

of 52

RELATED POSTS

Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 103

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 65778 Posts: 2563

2014-10-29 8:19 AM IndoIronYanti

Funked Up Triathletes - Season 2 - Olympic/Sprint Focus - Closed Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27

Started by funkj25
Views: 45024 Posts: 669

2018-01-16 11:34 PM aviatrix802

Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 76025 Posts: 2488

2014-07-30 9:43 AM IndoIronYanti

Slornow and Wannabefaster's Summer Group-CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54

Started by slornow
Views: 52213 Posts: 1331

2014-12-18 10:15 PM wannabefaster

Todd's Tri Turtles 3 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) Basically Closed Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23

Started by Hunting Triathlete
Views: 27588 Posts: 569

2014-12-14 7:18 PM cassowary
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.