BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mayhem Part Deux - 2017 Edition Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 44

2017-09-11 12:22 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Manatee Mayhem Part Deux - 2017 Edition

Originally posted by jmkizer

I just heard from Ann-Marie. She has no power, lost a few shingles and her neighbor's fence is partially down (which is an issue with letting the dogs out). Hopefully her power will be restored quickly and any damage is minimal.

Thanks for the updates. I am so glad everyone is safe.

2017-09-11 1:50 PM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by ceilidh

Originally posted by awm007

Originally posted by cdban66

Originally posted by StaceyK

We're doing OK, we haven't been evac'd and aren't leaving at this point anyway. It may not be the best option, but it is the one that is the best right now. DD2 should be showing up with BF and 2 kids soon. TW has left to get MIL (10 minute trip) My folks are headed to my sis, who is currently on TV in a county press briefing. I did a neighborhood walk and we are in it for the long haul with a bunch of our neighbors. I'll check in when I can, thanks for all of your care.

glad you're currently safe Chris and Hands.

Nothing bd has happened yet. Thanks again all!

I am obsessing watching this byach come in. My friends are staying on the beach!!!!! My family is hunkered down in Nokomis, fairly inland but flood prone area. I am very glad my Mom is here with us instead of there!!!

Please stay safe those in FL! I'm actually supposed to head to Orlando on Wednesday for some time at Disney as a honeymoon. My GF and I were married in a small courthouse wedding here in Raleigh NC on Friday (less than a week after moving - it's been hectic). in any case, I'm thinking of those of you in FL. Congrats to the recent racers - sounds like the races went well!
Congratulations!!!!!!

comgrats! Disney and the other theme parks should be open for business tomorrow, so your honeymoon plans should be ok, at least once you get there.

2017-09-11 1:51 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

We're doing OK, we haven't been evac'd and aren't leaving at this point anyway. It may not be the best option, but it is the one that is the best right now. DD2 should be showing up with BF and 2 kids soon. TW has left to get MIL (10 minute trip) My folks are headed to my sis, who is currently on TV in a county press briefing. I did a neighborhood walk and we are in it for the long haul with a bunch of our neighbors. I'll check in when I can, thanks for all of your care.

I am obsessing watching this byach come in. My friends are staying on the beach!!!!! My family is hunkered down in Nokomis, fairly inland but flood prone area. I am very glad my Mom is here with us instead of there!!!

Please stay safe those in FL! I'm actually supposed to head to Orlando on Wednesday for some time at Disney as a honeymoon. My GF and I were married in a small courthouse wedding here in Raleigh NC on Friday (less than a week after moving - it's been hectic). in any case, I'm thinking of those of you in FL. Congrats to the recent racers - sounds like the races went well!
Congratulations!!!!!!

comgrats! Disney and the other theme parks should be open for business tomorrow, so your honeymoon plans should be ok, at least once you get there.

2017-09-11 1:53 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Congratulations!!!!!!

2017-09-11 6:19 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Cypress, Texas
2017-09-12 6:56 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

I just heard from Chris. He has now power. He has a generator running for the refrigerator. Hopefully any damage is minimal.

Big thank you to all of you who were checking in with us during the past few days. We are OK at this point. Still no power. I've moved food out of our house and given up the generator to my neighbor. He is mid chemo treatment, so we've got fans and such going in his place now. We expect our grid to be up in the next 24 hours or so, since it is a pretty large area of impact. I'll check in later when I have more time.

2017-09-12 7:03 AM
in reply to: johnthecat

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by johnthecat Isn't this something: http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/animals/hurricane-irma-leaves-manate...

hope he made it! there were a few dolphins that had similar rescues.

2017-09-12 7:03 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Orlando

I just heard from Chris. He has now power. He has a generator running for the refrigerator. Hopefully any damage is minimal.

Big thank you to all of you who were checking in with us during the past few days. We are OK at this point. Still no power. I've moved food out of our house and given up the generator to my neighbor. He is mid chemo treatment, so we've got fans and such going in his place now. We expect our grid to be up in the next 24 hours or so, since it is a pretty large area of impact. I'll check in later when I have more time.

Good to hear from you Chris! Glad you are all ok.  So nice of you to give up your generator!!

2017-09-12 8:30 AM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Lost power last night in north Atlanta, still out this morning. No other damage for me, but my co-workers were not so lucky.

2017-09-12 8:36 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Thank you for taking the time to check in. Sending good thoughts to you and your neighbor.

2017-09-12 8:37 AM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by lisac957

Lost power last night in north Atlanta, still out this morning. No other damage for me, but my co-workers were not so lucky.

Thanks for checking in! Take care!

2017-09-12 11:09 AM

User image

Master

Glad everyone is safe.  Sorry to hear about neighbors and co-workers, hopefully nothing too serious.

2017-09-12 1:35 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

I hope your power is back soon!

2017-09-12 1:40 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by amd723

Good to hear from you Chris! Glad you are all ok.  So nice of you to give up your generator!!

There was never any thought otherwise for us. Our neighborhood is unlike anywhere else I've ever lived. Everyone was cleaning everyone else's yards, kids, adults, etc. We've had the BBQ grill heating water in the morning so that anyone could get a cup of coffee, others have done the same with lunch and such. Sharing water, power, and any other resources is just normal on Snow Drive. In the worst of times you learn who you are. And the people in my neighborhood are AWESOME! We're having a big ol' firepit party in my backyard in a couple of weeks (Lord knows we have the wood for it) and the beer and whiskey will be flowing.

2017-09-12 1:44 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

There was never any thought otherwise for us. Our neighborhood is unlike anywhere else I've ever lived. Everyone was cleaning everyone else's yards, kids, adults, etc. We've had the BBQ grill heating water in the morning so that anyone could get a cup of coffee, others have done the same with lunch and such. Sharing water, power, and any other resources is just normal on Snow Drive. In the worst of times you learn who you are. And the people in my neighborhood are AWESOME! We're having a big ol' firepit party in my backyard in a couple of weeks (Lord knows we have the wood for it) and the beer and whiskey will be flowing.

Yeah, I remember after Fran hit Raleigh we had a big cookout in the street before everyone's freezer's were fully defrosted. These situations tend to bring out the best and worst in people.

2017-09-12 1:51 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Yeah, I remember after Fran hit Raleigh we had a big cookout in the street before everyone's freezer's were fully defrosted. These situations tend to bring out the best and worst in people.

my neighborhood is similar, though I can't say i've ever been to a firepit party with them!  But it is nice to see people helping each other! 

2017-09-12 2:06 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Yeah well, I didn't mention the guy that tried to steal our generator. But, again, a neighbor popped her head up and asked what was going on, and the guy took off.

2017-09-13 9:09 AM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Power was restored to my house around 2:30 this morning. I think I can keep the food that was in the freezer, but will have to pitch most of what was in the fridge. Not a lot, so feeling very thankful it wasn't longer without electricity. It was actually nice coming home from work last night and seeing everyone out on their porches and talking. It's funny how there's not much to do inside without TV or internet. 

Chris, thinking of you guys.

2017-09-13 9:57 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Yeah well, I didn't mention the guy that tried to steal our generator. But, again, a neighbor popped her head up and asked what was going on, and the guy took off.

It is wonderful to live in a place where people are like that. And the neighbor caring enough to stop the larceny. We found out last year in the fire evacuation, how wonderful people around here are. It is a warm and fuzzy feeling not to be taken for granted.

2017-09-13 10:17 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Power was restored to my house around 2:30 this morning. I think I can keep the food that was in the freezer, but will have to pitch most of what was in the fridge. Not a lot, so feeling very thankful it wasn't longer without electricity. It was actually nice coming home from work last night and seeing everyone out on their porches and talking. It's funny how there's not much to do inside without TV or internet. 

Chris, thinking of you guys.

Thanks Robin and Lisa.  As I told someone else, the human race can be pretty awesome at times.

2017-09-14 8:08 AM

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Okay....race report, AKA Yet Another Worlds Sob Story, is up! I think I am very over this event.

2017-09-15 12:33 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!!!

September 16-17
Randee - Barrelman 70.3
Anne - Dirty Mudd'R Gravel Ride, Streator, IL, 62 mile on Sunday
Jen - Iron Girl half marathon on Sunday
Justin - Disco triathlon (Olympic distance) on Sunday
Mary G - Kettle Moraine half marathon on Sunday

Disabled List:
Robin P - surgery (hand)

Is anyone else racing?

2017-09-15 12:39 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Racing Manatees!!!

September 16-17
Randee - Barrelman 70.3

Disabled List:
Robin P - surgery (hand)

Is anyone else racing?

Go racers! Fun stuff on tap.

As for me, I'm waffling between enjoying my last weekend in Cali with a trip to the coast or wrapping myself in bubble wrap and staying in my room.

2017-09-15 12:40 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Racing Manatees!!!

September 16-17
Randee - Barrelman 70.3

Disabled List:
Robin P - surgery (hand)

Is anyone else racing?

Nice long list of racers and variety of races!! Go get 'em Manatees!!

Heal up Robin!

2017-09-15 12:51 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Racing Manatees!!!

September 16-17
Randee - Barrelman 70.3

Disabled List:
Robin P - surgery (hand)

Is anyone else racing?

Race well and enjoy the weekend!

Heal up Robin.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mayhem Part Deux - 2017 Edition Rss Feed  

of 44