BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 100

2015-01-03 11:59 AM
in reply to: mcmanusclan5

User image

Master
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?)

Originally posted by mcmanusclan5

Originally posted by 4agoodlife

Good morning, Pod!

Strava stalking shows several of you off to a flying start this weekend

J and I got out for a great ride yesterday. Went out to San Tan where we had hiked a few weeks ago and got some of my riding confidence back after my two big spills. Left the house when it was 27* and wore layers to be ready. Think it was 40* when we got on the trail, and within 3mi I was shedding clothes. Whew! I forgot how much work pedaling up a mountain is  Quite a bit of traffic on the upper section of trails (it's open to hikers/bikers/horses). Trails are well maintained and people are polite about sharing. Wish we lived closer to it (45min drive each way) because I'd be going a whole lot! Several other trails we didn't get to this time, but we will :D

Nice!

Where's San Tan?

Matt

http://www.mtbproject.com/trail/4368792

Seems some "hard core" riders are not happy that they've made the trails about 75% double track now. We've come across groups of 5-6 horses and 10 hikers.  I can't see how they'd manage the volume and variety of traffic without widening much of it.  No matter...it's fun! (and just what I needed)

2015-01-03 12:13 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by laffinrock

Originally posted by StaceyK Mary interesting that your knee problems started when you tried to change your gait. I have read a few different things of late all saying not to try and change this as it leads to injury. But rather to work with what you have and generally just wear the shoes that you need to wear in order to combat as many of the issues that your natural gait creates as possible. I have seen a few people try and change the way their dogs and horses trot (for showing purposes - which I think is just dumb) and it always seems to result in more problems and imbalances showing up, I wonder if it's the same for people.

I've had that same thought and brought it up with my coach.  She and her boss want to do another video assessment.  Given how prone to ITB stuff I am after my hip surgeries, I'm wondering if that's what's causing the problem.  I shortened my stride and increased my cadence, but maybe I overcompensated or something, or just switched too fast instead of doing it gradually.  I did correct my arm swing to be more square, which I really like and feels really good.  I'm curious to find out what the PT says and what the new video analysis will show.

I've looked around a bit at this too, and there is a lot of caution with it. Whatever you changed could very well have caused the new issue, but at the same time it's not certain that the old form was really best. Just what your body had figured was best so far. I've been working on my stride since picking up running more again a few months ago. The basic idea was to put myself into situations where the better form was more apparent. I would trend towards doing that more naturally. Then doing it more frequently as it's skill/technique related, but also not burying myself with it. This is what a lot of the really fast (but short) treadmill sessions were. Also added in the steep hills to help out with the control. They still get hard, but with the slower speeds I can feel what's going on a little more easily while still pushing the aspects I think need to be pushed more. Might even push them a little better although that could be from the better control. It seems there is a lot about the stride that is a result of other parts, so trying to fix one area may require looking elsewhere. Like getting a foot strike right under your center of gravity. If your body position is off then it's not going to happen, not without straining some other things more.

2015-01-03 12:14 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

North Augusta, South Carolina
Braved going to the YMCA this morning for my first pool session since late September.

First 25 yards I felt like a bada$$ and thought, "Damn, I can probably bust out 1500 yards like this." Next 275 yards, I wanted to die. Fortunately, 300 yards must be like my first mile running...it hurts, but then you adapt (or in my case this morning, I think my traps just decided it wasn't worth the bother to argue any longer and gave in). Managed 1000 yards before pulling the plug. The pool was packed...either a lot of triathletes are starting training (I shared a lane with 2 tri club members) or lots of new year's resolutioners were in the pool today.

Sadly, I have one speed...slow. My fast sets seem to always be close in pace to my 'swim easy for 300 yards, ' even when I'm really fit.
2015-01-03 12:20 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.
I've seen this on another forum I frequent and thought it was a good idea.
These are the rules:

1 point for every mile run - indoors or out
1 point for every 3 miles biked - road or turbo or 1 point for every 15 mins turbo/spin
1 point for every 400m swum - 1 extra for every 1km in open water

Don't know if you'd be interested nut I've posted it anyway.

Just tot up your points for the end of the week and add them to this list.
For instance, so far I have 11.56 from running and 4 points from an hour turbo.

It's not supposed to be a pishing contest, because we're all at different levels, but it is useful for seeing your own long term trends. By that, I mean it can highlight peaks and troughs in your training that you might not notice.

I'll start off the list. Just copy and paste the list inputting your name and score if you wish to follow.

Richardsdrr - 15.56
2015-01-03 4:41 PM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Veteran
Citrus Heights, CA

Well, it was a freezing cold morning, but I had a fun time doing the Du--2 miles, 6.8 ish miles, and another 2 miles. After which, a fabulous bbq/picnic with my running/OCR team---speaking of which, a number of them are  of Philippine heritage, so I got to experience Pansit and Lumpia---it was heavenly. seriously..ok, to my race report.

2015-01-03 6:11 PM
in reply to: glfprncs

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by glfprncs Braved going to the YMCA this morning for my first pool session since late September. First 25 yards I felt like a bada$$ and thought, "Damn, I can probably bust out 1500 yards like this." Next 275 yards, I wanted to die. Fortunately, 300 yards must be like my first mile running...it hurts, but then you adapt (or in my case this morning, I think my traps just decided it wasn't worth the bother to argue any longer and gave in). Managed 1000 yards before pulling the plug. The pool was packed...either a lot of triathletes are starting training (I shared a lane with 2 tri club members) or lots of new year's resolutioners were in the pool today. Sadly, I have one speed...slow. My fast sets seem to always be close in pace to my 'swim easy for 300 yards, ' even when I'm really fit.

Any gym is likely to have a lot of resolution additions for a few weeks. Just hang in there and try to weather the storm!

Are you timing any of the swimming you're doing?

2015-01-03 7:26 PM

User image

Seattle
Hey guys, been out adventuring and then racing today. Will catch up asap. Mary, thanks for coordinating everything. I will update my logs asap.The race today was amazing. It was self timed and no winners per se but I ran around the fop. I'm still wearing road shoes so the icy sections were sketchy as hell. Had to climb on all fours and scramble. It was a 25k with about 4k elevation gain. About 10" of snow at the top. I was in shorts and didn't have my gaiters on so inevitably my shoes filled with snow. Sounds like I have a lot to learn, eh?
2015-01-03 7:28 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Seattle
Kate, you showed your face a few weeks too late! I was down for CIM
2015-01-03 7:30 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

Originally posted by Asalzwed Hey guys, been out adventuring and then racing today. Will catch up asap. Mary, thanks for coordinating everything. I will update my logs asap.The race today was amazing. It was self timed and no winners per se but I ran around the fop. I'm still wearing road shoes so the icy sections were sketchy as hell. Had to climb on all fours and scramble. It was a 25k with about 4k elevation gain. About 10" of snow at the top. I was in shorts and didn't have my gaiters on so inevitably my shoes filled with snow. Sounds like I have a lot to learn, eh?

That sounds like an interesting and fun day!

2015-01-03 9:44 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Citrus Heights, CA
Originally posted by AsalzwedKate, you showed your face a few weeks too late! I was down for CIM
Ohhhh boooo!!! I totally missed you!

Edited by kgore 2015-01-03 9:44 PM
2015-01-04 9:11 AM
in reply to: kgore

User image

Melon Presser

Welp, Ceiling Cat has a sense of humor ...

Looky here who was nearly dead but still managed to run faster than I did ONTO my running shoes ... from a burning trash heap

Poor little thing doesn't seem to be burnt or have any smoke inhalation (but his name's Smoky anyway), but is in extremely poor shape.

It's a good sign I can't get a nonblurry pic of him, he moves too much ... and he's LOUD and FEISTY ... how is he supposed to recover?

Can't imagine why he picked me

Anyway whether the rest of his life is short or long, it's going to be as great as I can make it for him. Vet's coming tomorrow morning.

2015-01-04 9:24 AM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Looky here who was nearly dead but still managed to run faster than I did ONTO my running shoes ... from a burning trash heap

Poor little thing doesn't seem to be burnt or have any smoke inhalation (but his name's Smoky anyway), but is in extremely poor shape.

It's a good sign I can't get a nonblurry pic of him, he moves too much ... and he's LOUD and FEISTY ... how is he supposed to recover?

Anyway whether the rest of his life is short or long, it's going to be as great as I can make it for him. Vet's coming tomorrow morning.

Love! Can't imagine why Smoky picked you, either.
2015-01-04 9:57 AM

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

You always had a thing for redheads, why not an orange & white kitty (my favorite kind)?  Healing vibes for the poor thing.

2015-01-04 10:07 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

awww, poor kitty; glad she found you!

2015-01-04 10:37 AM

User image

North Augusta, South Carolina
Originally posted by brigby1

Originally posted by glfprncs Sadly, I have one speed...slow. My fast sets seem to always be close in pace to my 'swim easy for 300 yards, ' even when I'm really fit.

Any gym is likely to have a lot of resolution additions for a few weeks. Just hang in there and try to weather the storm!

I don't have anything other than the clock on the pool wall for timing of my swimming. Honestly, I'm not sure my swimming has ever been strong enough to really worry about speed anyhow!
2015-01-04 12:29 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by StaceyK Mary interesting that your knee problems started when you tried to change your gait. I have read a few different things of late all saying not to try and change this as it leads to injury. But rather to work with what you have and generally just wear the shoes that you need to wear in order to combat as many of the issues that your natural gait creates as possible. I have seen a few people try and change the way their dogs and horses trot (for showing purposes - which I think is just dumb) and it always seems to result in more problems and imbalances showing up, I wonder if it's the same for people.

I've had that same thought and brought it up with my coach.  She and her boss want to do another video assessment.  Given how prone to ITB stuff I am after my hip surgeries, I'm wondering if that's what's causing the problem.  I shortened my stride and increased my cadence, but maybe I overcompensated or something, or just switched too fast instead of doing it gradually.  I did correct my arm swing to be more square, which I really like and feels really good.  I'm curious to find out what the PT says and what the new video analysis will show.

I've looked around a bit at this too, and there is a lot of caution with it. Whatever you changed could very well have caused the new issue, but at the same time it's not certain that the old form was really best. Just what your body had figured was best so far. I've been working on my stride since picking up running more again a few months ago. The basic idea was to put myself into situations where the better form was more apparent. I would trend towards doing that more naturally. Then doing it more frequently as it's skill/technique related, but also not burying myself with it. This is what a lot of the really fast (but short) treadmill sessions were. Also added in the steep hills to help out with the control. They still get hard, but with the slower speeds I can feel what's going on a little more easily while still pushing the aspects I think need to be pushed more. Might even push them a little better although that could be from the better control. It seems there is a lot about the stride that is a result of other parts, so trying to fix one area may require looking elsewhere. Like getting a foot strike right under your center of gravity. If your body position is off then it's not going to happen, not without straining some other things more.

I have no doubt that my form was previously lacking.  My L glutes/hamstring/quads/etc. are weaker and stiffer from the hip surgeries and I'm sure my back issues, which are worse on the R, haven't helped either.  When I started running again after the back injury and hip surgeries, I found that I have a tendency to trip.  Changing from Nikes to Hokas didn't affect that and neither did the stride change.  Something is still off and I want to look at it holistically, I'm just not sure how.

2015-01-04 1:23 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Time for a catch-up post...

Kate and Jonathan, you're on the challenge list.  Yay!  We're up to twenty Manatees in the SMMMMC!!  Way to step up to the challenge, everybody.

Kate and Salty, great way to start the year off with a bang (of the starting gun).  Looking forward to reading your race reports.  (For the BT newbies, race reports can be found here.)

Jonathan, you're going to post new pictures of that sweet baby girl when??

Judi, good luck with the new kitty, wherever she comes from.  Maybe Yanti can hook you up?

Matt TX, I wasn't lonely on the DL so you really didn't have to sacrifice yourself like that.  Seriously, heal up soon.

Stacey, I like to listen to music when I'm on the trainer.  In fact, I've gotten so used to hearing Adele there that it's weird to hear her songs when I'm driving in the car!

Robin and Erin, my pets like to "help" me train too.  One (the "play" dog) thinks the mini-trampoline is the coolest toy ever and if I'm jumping on it, I should also be kicking her ball off it.  She'll also play fetch with me when I'm on the trainer.  At least she doesn't bark at the trainer anymore!!  The other dog (the "love" dog) will come sack out on the couch in whichever room I'm working out in.  The cat steers clear unless the dogs aren't around, in which case, she strolls underneath me when I'm doing planks and licks my face when I'm  doing crunches, etc.  All very helpful!!

Whew!  I think I'm caught up now. 

DH told me about this this morning: Pyongyang Marathon. North Korea has opened up their marathon to the rest of the world.  Talk about a unique opportunity!!  Salty???

2015-01-04 3:05 PM

User image

I hope he recovers and if he does here's how he will look, meet Pluto, out cat!

(photoM6QQ5MNY.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
photoM6QQ5MNY.JPG (412KB - 3 downloads)
2015-01-04 3:23 PM
in reply to: fortissimo

User image

Veteran
Dayton

Originally posted by fortissimo
Originally posted by StaceyK Hi everyone one my trainer for the next 70 minutes and bored already after 5. What do you do to keep yourself entertained on your long trainer rides?
During my warm up and easy spins I will play Candy Crack or something on the iPad. When I get to the main set I have to focus or I lose where I am (squirrel!). I also spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to keep the cat off my bike. I think she's telling me to work harder here:

I split screen TrainerRoad on one side of my computer, and have ITU races on the other.  Or races on YouTube.  Or I'll get the triathlon podcasts rolling.

I also like focusing on watt watching like Darren.

2015-01-04 6:25 PM

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

I have no doubt that my form was previously lacking.  My L glutes/hamstring/quads/etc. are weaker and stiffer from the hip surgeries and I'm sure my back issues, which are worse on the R, haven't helped either.  When I started running again after the back injury and hip surgeries, I found that I have a tendency to trip.  Changing from Nikes to Hokas didn't affect that and neither did the stride change.  Something is still off and I want to look at it holistically, I'm just not sure how.

FWIW, stride change is what landed me on the DL this week.  Tried using much more calf than usual going uphill (on a hilly run).  Seemed to work, until it didn't!  

Back when I changed to a higher cadence, I did that over a long period (many months), so that didn't have any untoward effects other than the discomfort of driving a cadence that was higher than what my body was used to.  The calf thing a couple days ago was one hill too many on the first run...  

As for having a pre-existing imbalance, that can make any changes to your form (which has likely co-developed to compensate for some of the imbalance) more likely to ripple through to discomfort or potentially even injury.  The kinetic change does not like to be messed with, typically.  

Matt

2015-01-04 7:43 PM
in reply to: mcmanusclan5

Master
Northern IL

FWIW, stride change is what landed me on the DL this week.  Tried using much more calf than usual going uphill (on a hilly run).  Seemed to work, until it didn't!  

Back when I changed to a higher cadence, I did that over a long period (many months), so that didn't have any untoward effects other than the discomfort of driving a cadence that was higher than what my body was used to.  The calf thing a couple days ago was one hill too many on the first run...  

As for having a pre-existing imbalance, that can make any changes to your form (which has likely co-developed to compensate for some of the imbalance) more likely to ripple through to discomfort or potentially even injury.  The kinetic change does not like to be messed with, typically.  

Matt

That "use more calf" would be an example of forcing things. Another common one is not using enough with the glutes. Not sure I know how to explain it that well, and don't really have the time to really try at the moment. But if you can follow the thought process of why you're not using it enough right now, then it's likely something somewhere else may need to be adjusted as well. Those areas only built up what they needed and something else in the motion probably needs some work to get things firing more. It's really tricky in running as there are a number of ways to change things, but not for the better. The unused area(s) will likely need some time to develop as they're behind and won't be able to handle the current training load. Then coming back to complications of the injury risk and being able to tell if new areas being worked or getting sore is a good or bad thing. Hence my approach of finding situations to encourage a behavior more naturally as opposed to just doing it and possibly forcing things. I hope that makes some sense.

2015-01-04 8:02 PM

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by glfprncs

Originally posted by glfprncs Sadly, I have one speed...slow. My fast sets seem to always be close in pace to my 'swim easy for 300 yards, ' even when I'm really fit.

I don't have anything other than the clock on the pool wall for timing of my swimming. Honestly, I'm not sure my swimming has ever been strong enough to really worry about speed anyhow!

Yeah, it can be tricky if not at a pool meant more for competition. The one I went to only had a small office clock I couldn't even see the seconds on. Once I started Masters those swims were more for volume and intensity was just lower. The ones at Masters had actual pace clocks to time everything with.

Something to be careful of is ever thinking you're not "good enough" for a tool or method. These aren't just for "fast" people, but anyone looking for more info on their training. They're for everyone who wants to develop. Having a clock and taking splits can help determine how well you are (or are not) executing a swim set. If the easy and hard sets are almost the same, they can help figure out what to do. The first and last 100 of those 300's can help tell if you're pacing the interval well too. Should be fairly consistent throughout (unless set directions say otherwise).

Some comments on "slow" may be said in jest, but in my experience there is at least some truth to the person believing such thoughts about themselves in that they'll be stuck there, kind of restricting themselves before they can ever really get going. Usually plenty of reasons to not use something, or use something else, to not need artificial limitations!

2015-01-04 10:36 PM

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

Matt

That "use more calf" would be an example of forcing things. Another common one is not using enough with the glutes. Not sure I know how to explain it that well, and don't really have the time to really try at the moment. But if you can follow the thought process of why you're not using it enough right now, then it's likely something somewhere else may need to be adjusted as well. Those areas only built up what they needed and something else in the motion probably needs some work to get things firing more. It's really tricky in running as there are a number of ways to change things, but not for the better. The unused area(s) will likely need some time to develop as they're behind and won't be able to handle the current training load. Then coming back to complications of the injury risk and being able to tell if new areas being worked or getting sore is a good or bad thing. Hence my approach of finding situations to encourage a behavior more naturally as opposed to just doing it and possibly forcing things. I hope that makes some sense.

Yeah, and I knew I was doing it, too.  <facepalm>  Someday I'll learn...

The conversation does cause me to think on this a bit.  It's interesting that many people, myself included, believe that more economic running will come simply with more running (the body will find the most efficient way to run on its own, given the chance).  However, many people, myself included, then also try to <insert running form change here>.  Increased cadence, mid-foot strike, forefoot strike, lower arm carriage, higher arm carriage, more glutes, etc., etc.  

I've mostly stuck with just running more, although I have picked up my average cadence (and no longer need a cadence sensor to be within about a step per minute) and occasionally pay more attention to making sure my glutes are firing off (although even here, I try to do that by running in ways that engage them - speed work, "running pretty" and such).  So, guilty of doing both - which somehow makes sense as a way to approach it.  Just enough of each...  Kind of mirrors your approach of finding the right situations (which does, indeed, make sense).

Funny, too, how different swimming is from running!  Tons of form and skill work.  Endless tweaks and drills.  Lots of speed work as a way to get said form.  I've always been struck at how very different the approaches to these two sports are (for most - I admit to doing a lot more long intervals than "real swimmers" do).  I've often wondered if the received wisdom in each discipline is optimal (especially given how the "right" way to do things changes every few years - I'm watching my kids deal with that in their stroke work even now, as the perfect high elbow recovery is now seen as too much work and the new coaches are starting to say just do whatever gets your arms around fastest - kind of like running more!).  

And THAT is why this stuff stays interesting to me.  

Matt

2015-01-05 12:57 AM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by glfprncs

Braved going to the YMCA this morning for my first pool session since late September.

First 25 yards I felt like a bada$$ and thought, "Damn, I can probably bust out 1500 yards like this." Next 275 yards, I wanted to die. Fortunately, 300 yards must be like my first mile running...it hurts, but then you adapt (or in my case this morning, I think my traps just decided it wasn't worth the bother to argue any longer and gave in). Managed 1000 yards before pulling the plug. The pool was packed...either a lot of triathletes are starting training (I shared a lane with 2 tri club members) or lots of new year's resolutioners were in the pool today.

Sadly, I have one speed...slow. My fast sets seem to always be close in pace to my 'swim easy for 300 yards, ' even when I'm really fit.
Nancy your swim sounds a lot like mine, I managed 1200m before I pulled the plug this morning.

I had thought too that I would always be a slow swimmer, with only one pace. Both my flat out and easy netted me around the 2:00 per 100m. But part way through last year I got hold of the Shelia T Swim Speeds book and workouts (thanks for the suggestion Yanti) and after reading 1/4 of the book and doing 2 weeks of her workouts (once I had built up a bit of swim fitness) I knocked 10 seconds off my time without going really hard. Unfortunately I then skipped swimming for a few weeks so I am back to the starting point, but now that I know it can happen I am more determined to do it again, and to make it stick.

I will make 3 suggestions to you:
1. buy the Shelia T book and workout cards;
2. read the book and do the workouts - even if it you need to cut the sessions down a bit in length to start with;
3. buy yourself a waterproof sports watch with a stop watch and use that as your timer if your pool doesn't have a usable clock. Knowing how cheap things are in USA you can probably pick one up for a few $ in Walmart.

It will hurt a bit (but a good hurt) but it will help to make you faster.
2015-01-05 1:45 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Melon Presser

ABOUT DOING A HIM ON THE WAY TO DOING AN IM

Sorry, I'm in newborn-baby (cat) hell, I mean bliss can't find the original post.

I think it's quite important. You mentioned being cautious about burning yourself out on the way to IM, but a HIM is a really good opportunity to practice NOT doing that, practice nutrition over a long haul, etc.

In the same way that a marathon is more than double a half-marathon, an IM is reaaaaally more than a HIM. But it's incredibly valuable experience in pacing, nutrition, execution, and racing overall, especially in the run-up to your first IM. Generally the recovery costs are not too bad, either, especially if you're actually prepared for it and execute well. But even if you mess it up somehow, it's important learning and much better done then than in an IM.

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  

of 100

RELATED POSTS

Gray Guys/Girls Master's Focus Triathlon Mentor Group--CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52

Started by lutzman
Views: 55381 Posts: 1284

2016-01-02 4:01 PM lutzman

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 26 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.