BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 100

2014-05-31 12:24 PM
in reply to: JJ-

User image

Denver, CO
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors: We Will Stalk You (Open)

Originally posted by JJ-
Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by JJ- Just rode for the first time since my race 2 weeks ago. It poured rain on us the whole ride but I didn't care. I loved every minute of it. It was awesome to just ride for the joy of riding and not have to worry about heart rate, power, matches, nutrition, hydration, etc...... Even ate cookies during the ride

Wait, wait wait --- yesterday was pizza and beer and today you have cookies!  You're just rubbing it in now

Come down here and train with me! That's how we do things in Texas

Yay for riding for the fun of it!!  Glad you had a good time and are stepping back into things in a joyful rather than driven way.  The crucial question is what kind of cookies?

2014-05-31 1:32 PM

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by JJ-

Originally posted by JJ- Just rode for the first time since my race 2 weeks ago. It poured rain on us the whole ride but I didn't care. I loved every minute of it. It was awesome to just ride for the joy of riding and not have to worry about heart rate, power, matches, nutrition, hydration, etc...... Even ate cookies during the ride

Wait, wait wait --- yesterday was pizza and beer and today you have cookies!  You're just rubbing it in now

I have cookies all the time for bike fuel. And why did you only have half the pizza before? Are you sick or something? 

2014-05-31 1:59 PM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Veteran
East Texas
Originally posted by brigby1

Originally posted by JJ-

I have cookies all the time for bike fuel. And why did you only have half the pizza before? Are you sick or something? 

LOL, it was a deep dish if that counts. Plus I had to leave room for the 2 tall glasses of beer
2014-05-31 9:14 PM

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by JJ-

Come down here and train with me! That's how we do things in Texas :)

Well, I am glad to hear THAT!  

Good chance we'll be in Austin soon, and I was getting concerned seeing all those runners and riders!

Matt

2014-06-01 8:29 AM
in reply to: mcmanusclan5

User image

Melon Presser

YAY ME!

Welp ... uh ... by the end of the swim meet, I even had the meet director tell me I was a walking disaster ... then invite me on the traveling competition team for Indonesia. We'll see how it works out with my race schedule otherwise.

We made history. This is the first open Masters meet to be held in Indonesia. We've never had masters swimming here; only young age-group and the national team. Just like we did with running and cycling, then triathlon, we're trying to really involve all levels and ages in swimming as a mass participation sport. There were over THREE HUNDRED competitors at the meet today and for the vast majority, it was their first pool swimming event of any kind. It's so exciting. And this is in a country where people really just don't grow up doing sport, never mind less popular sports like endurance sports, and even fewer women, and least of all swimming.

So. Exciting.

Oh, and I got hardware despite the shenanigans, so there's that.

(030.Hardware (Copy).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
030.Hardware (Copy).jpg (46KB - 1 downloads)
2014-06-01 10:14 AM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

YAY ME!

Welp ... uh ... by the end of the swim meet, I even had the meet director tell me I was a walking disaster ... then invite me on the traveling competition team for Indonesia. We'll see how it works out with my race schedule otherwise.

We made history. This is the first open Masters meet to be held in Indonesia. We've never had masters swimming here; only young age-group and the national team. Just like we did with running and cycling, then triathlon, we're trying to really involve all levels and ages in swimming as a mass participation sport. There were over THREE HUNDRED competitors at the meet today and for the vast majority, it was their first pool swimming event of any kind. It's so exciting. And this is in a country where people really just don't grow up doing sport, never mind less popular sports like endurance sports, and even fewer women, and least of all swimming.

So. Exciting.

Yay you indeed!!!!  So proud of you!!!! 

2014-06-01 11:26 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

YAY ME!

So. Exciting.

Woo Hoo!!  Congratulations on it all!!!

2014-06-01 11:31 AM

User image

Master

YAY ME!

So. Exciting.

Awesome on all fronts!  Congratulations Yanti!  How is Mutti's hand?

2014-06-01 1:46 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

*LIKE*

2014-06-01 1:49 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

YAY ME!

So. Exciting.

How spectacularly cool to be a part of the change of history of sport in a country.  You are such an ambassador and driver of such changes and helping them come to fruition and grow.  YOU ROCK!!!  Congrats on the pretty, shiny medals, too!

2014-06-01 2:30 PM

User image

Veteran
Cleveland, Tennessee

YAY ME!

So. Exciting.

Way to go!!

2014-06-02 4:22 AM

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

YAY ME!

So. Exciting.

BLINGBLINGBLING!!!!!

Awesome… just awesome.  

Matt

2014-06-02 4:46 AM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

YAY ME!

So. Exciting.

well done Yanti! That is some serious Bling. Now you have to tell us what each one is for.
2014-06-02 5:44 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Melon Presser

Originally posted by StaceyK

YAY ME!

So. Exciting.

well done Yanti! That is some serious Bling. Now you have to tell us what each one is for.

Uh ... that means I might have to confess the details of my day-long train wreck at the meet

Oh look!

It's a video of this Manatee group ... doing what we do!!!

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5419622?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

2014-06-02 6:22 AM

User image

Veteran
East Texas

YAY ME!

So. Exciting.

That is great!!
2014-06-02 7:33 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Pretty cool stuff Yanti, Congratulations!

2014-06-02 7:45 AM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

YAY ME!

So. Exciting.

Uh ... that means I might have to confess the details of my day-long train wreck at the meet

Oh look!

We saw what you did there - nice change of subject
2014-06-02 9:33 AM

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

YAY ME!

So. Exciting.

Oh look!

Mad skillz on the redirect! 

(btw, that we me, fourth from the left in the herd).  

C'mon Yanti - dish!  "Inquiring minds want to know."

Matt

2014-06-02 12:18 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

YAY ME!

So. Exciting.

Purdy.... oh yeah, the medals too

2014-06-02 12:40 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Pennsylvania

*whispering*

wow, it's quiet in here today...

2014-06-02 12:51 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Coastal Carolina
Very cool stuff Yanti!

Trying to figure the best way to get back to where I was a couple of years ago so I have a question. After getting gassed by my injured brother on a two mile run I'm acutely aware of exactly where I am in regards to fitness, square 1. My plan is to start a 16 week Oly plan in July so I have about 6 weeks to get ready for that. Obviously to get better at S/B/R I need to do S/B/R but in terms of getting back fitness would it be more beneficial to aim at strength training for the next few weeks in addition to S/B/R? My goal is to do something at least 5 days a week and I'm trying to figure out what that will be, I know it will be bike heavy because that's I'm currently pool-less and I find more enjoyment in the bike then the run. Any thoughts on where to start when starting over?

2014-06-02 12:57 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by melbo55

*whispering*

Was thinking the same thing, so I'll throw a question out there and see who bites.

I'm doing a lot of my riding on the drainer and like to listen to music to pass the time.  Mine is getting kind of stale so I'm looking for some ideas to change things up.  What artists/songs do you listen to when you're stuck inside and/or need some motivation?

2014-06-02 1:04 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by laffinrock

Originally posted by melbo55

*whispering*

Was thinking the same thing, so I'll throw a question out there and see who bites.

I'm doing a lot of my riding on the drainer and like to listen to music to pass the time.  Mine is getting kind of stale so I'm looking for some ideas to change things up.  What artists/songs do you listen to when you're stuck inside and/or need some motivation?

My current faves from my running/drainer playlist:

Blanco - Pitbull & Pharrell

Escape - The Toxic Avenger

Primitive - Richard Vission & Luciana

Sail - Awolnation

Survival - Muse

I Can't Stop - Flux Pavilion

And what is triathlete's playlist without these two:

Iron Man - Black Sabbeth

'Till I Collapse - Eminem

2014-06-02 1:25 PM
in reply to: Tripopo

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by Tripopo Very cool stuff Yanti! Trying to figure the best way to get back to where I was a couple of years ago so I have a question. After getting gassed by my injured brother on a two mile run I'm acutely aware of exactly where I am in regards to fitness, square 1. My plan is to start a 16 week Oly plan in July so I have about 6 weeks to get ready for that. Obviously to get better at S/B/R I need to do S/B/R but in terms of getting back fitness would it be more beneficial to aim at strength training for the next few weeks in addition to S/B/R? My goal is to do something at least 5 days a week and I'm trying to figure out what that will be, I know it will be bike heavy because that's I'm currently pool-less and I find more enjoyment in the bike then the run. Any thoughts on where to start when starting over?

First up would be to look at the expectations of fitness level when starting the plan. They should have some description to help with this. Are you there or can you get there? I think the first couple weeks should be fairly easy to accomplish as well.

2014-06-02 1:29 PM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Veteran
Dayton

I had a great race, guys! Top 10% overall.  I finished first in my club, and had a really great time.  I'll try to get the RR out soon.

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Rss Feed  

of 100

RELATED POSTS

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11078 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : December 17, 2007
author : LukeTX04
I learned in this race that in order to finish the swim, you have to know where you are going. And in order to know where you are going, you have to learn to sight.
date : September 25, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussion on sinking hips, balance drills, open water freak-out, best breathing for open water swimming and head position.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.