BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.4 CLOSED (or Poptart/pet pic ticket) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 60

2015-10-28 7:14 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Melon Presser
Subject: RE: Mad Manatees 2015.4 CLOSED (or Poptart/pet pic ticket)
Originally posted by StaceyKIn another birthday suprise, this is Coco
I cannot WAIT for the introduction I land next Friday but we're off to Mandurah same day (Kingsley's doing the half, I'm going to play my usual role of world's worst sherpa aka watch him carry his own stuff)Still gotta find that pic of you from IMWA carrying ALL our bags Super good news on the boss. I'm sad you didn't do the happy dance right there ... as I've said before you are way too Christlike, I'm just waiting for the gasket to blow bless your heart (cough cough cough)

2015-10-28 7:15 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Melon Presser
Originally posted by jmkizer

I think that all of you know about the immanent arrival Sir Puppy.  I spoke with the breeder yesterday about the puppy she thought would be the best lifetime match for us.  I said that I felt like I signed up for an online dating site and I'm waiting to see what happens.  Who will be my match? In a very surprising turn of events, after the temperament testing was done, we were matched with a girl. All signs pointed to a boy up until that point. We're back to the drawing board with the name.

Now I think that Bodie wouldn't be such a good name after all!

FLUUUUUUUFFFFFFMUFFFFFINNNNNN!!!!
2015-10-28 7:19 AM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Melon Presser
Welcome Maria! I've seen your posts and glad you're here!Welcome Wienerlisa!!! Bentley's a fave of mine too and I miss hearing stories about him ... also you left the bit out about basically being a child prodigy in your bio.
2015-10-28 7:20 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

I think that all of you know about the immanent arrival Sir Puppy.  I spoke with the breeder yesterday about the puppy she thought would be the best lifetime match for us.  I said that I felt like I signed up for an online dating site and I'm waiting to see what happens.  Who will be my match? In a very surprising turn of events, after the temperament testing was done, we were matched with a girl. All signs pointed to a boy up until that point. We're back to the drawing board with the name.

I hearby add Fluff Muffin to the list of potential names ;-)

2015-10-28 7:30 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti Welcome Maria! I've seen your posts and glad you're here!Welcome Wienerlisa!!! Bentley's a fave of mine too and I miss hearing stories about him ... also you left the bit out about basically being a child prodigy in your bio.

With Yanti around, none of our secrets are safe!

2015-10-28 7:33 AM

User image

Melon Presser
PROOF OF LIFE and genuine willingness to be more involved ... will really try.Crazy busy as usual. This 3 jobs-and-a-husband business is for the birds! Also I manage Mutti's household in Jakarta which is 13 people. Wait, 11. I fired a couple recently.Our boy Oscar (the fruit seller with 3 kids) took #2 OA at the Bali Triathlon (#1 was invited pro Mitch Robins). He breaks my heart every day. He lives in Bintan, right next to Singapore, which means he's not been able to train because of thick haze from forest fires. He spent the last couple weeks jackhammering the road in front of the mini-mart where he sells his fruit because a pipe burst and it's not like the government's gonna fix anything anytime soon.I nearly strangled him right before tri start because he was using a shoelace as a race belt and I'd already lent all mine out. It just never occurred to me (like that he would ride his bike to races and back to the ferry after because he would never ask for taxi money, never even think of it to begin with).I also fitted him for a new pair of runnies when I discovered he had TWO cheap pairs (well used) that were totally the wrong type and size. You should see the blisters and chafe on his feet. He also learned what speed laces are. Also you should have seen his face when he tried the new pair on Pure gold that boy.I have a free spot to IMWA (Dec. 5 or 6) ... may use it as a training day and cut out after 1st bike loop. Or Kingsley may threaten divorce if I do any of it at all Doing much better -- Europe was very very good for me. Still not at 100% but I may never be.THANK YOU all in this amazing group. I do adore each and every one. {MELON PILE} that's a group {MELON PRESS} or hug.

(0001 OSCAR Collage.small.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
0001 OSCAR Collage.small.jpg (65KB - 1 downloads)

2015-10-28 7:37 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti PROOF OF LIFE and genuine willingness to be more involved ... will really try.Crazy busy as usual. This 3 jobs-and-a-husband business is for the birds! Also I manage Mutti's household in Jakarta which is 13 people. Wait, 11. I fired a couple recently.Our boy Oscar (the fruit seller with 3 kids) took #2 OA at the Bali Triathlon (#1 was invited pro Mitch Robins). He breaks my heart every day. He lives in Bintan, right next to Singapore, which means he's not been able to train because of thick haze from forest fires. He spent the last couple weeks jackhammering the road in front of the mini-mart where he sells his fruit because a pipe burst and it's not like the government's gonna fix anything anytime soon.I nearly strangled him right before tri start because he was using a shoelace as a race belt and I'd already lent all mine out. It just never occurred to me (like that he would ride his bike to races and back to the ferry after because he would never ask for taxi money, never even think of it to begin with).I also fitted him for a new pair of runnies when I discovered he had TWO cheap pairs (well used) that were totally the wrong type and size. You should see the blisters and chafe on his feet. He also learned what speed laces are. Also you should have seen his face when he tried the new pair on Pure gold that boy.I have a free spot to IMWA (Dec. 5 or 6) ... may use it as a training day and cut out after 1st bike loop. Or Kingsley may threaten divorce if I do any of it at all Doing much better -- Europe was very very good for me. Still not at 100% but I may never be.THANK YOU all in this amazing group. I do adore each and every one. {MELON PILE} that's a group {MELON PRESS} or hug.

Thanks for the update.  SO SO SO glad that you are feeling better.

We understand that you are busy!  And of course, we'd love it if you're schedule allows you to post more often. ;-)

What are your travel plans?  It sounds like you're staying in Western Australia for a while, is that right? 

How's Mutti?

2015-10-28 7:43 AM

User image

Melon Presser

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti Welcome Maria! I've seen your posts and glad you're here!Welcome Wienerlisa!!! Bentley's a fave of mine too and I miss hearing stories about him ... also you left the bit out about basically being a child prodigy in your bio.

What's a secret? :P Must be something like underwear (what's that?) or that no-place where the 2nd socks go (although if 2 socks are clean -- enough -- they match).

No idea why my formatting is all screwy!

IMPORTANT TOPIC

I know it's been discussed here and the main forums in BT as well. 

For better (for us) or worse (for BT), it seems this group has become the Best of BT and a kind of BT haven. Believe me, I understand the (many) reasons why some of us aren't more active in the main forums. "Stay out of tri talk" used to be something Manatees and TANners alike said to me nearly daily!

I also know many of us have done a lot of (free) work for the site--advice, beta testing, mentoring, etc.--and really felt like we weren't being listened to or appreciated.

Ron's ears are open. They have to be. I think there is much of BT that's good, that's not obsolete, and still the best of its kind available.

Just throwing it out there.

2015-10-28 7:49 AM

User image

Melon Presser

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti PROOF OF LIFE and genuine willingness to be more involved ... will really try.Crazy busy as usual. This 3 jobs-and-a-husband business is for the birds! Also I manage Mutti's household in Jakarta which is 13 people. Wait, 11. I fired a couple recently.Our boy Oscar (the fruit seller with 3 kids) took #2 OA at the Bali Triathlon (#1 was invited pro Mitch Robins). He breaks my heart every day. He lives in Bintan, right next to Singapore, which means he's not been able to train because of thick haze from forest fires. He spent the last couple weeks jackhammering the road in front of the mini-mart where he sells his fruit because a pipe burst and it's not like the government's gonna fix anything anytime soon.I nearly strangled him right before tri start because he was using a shoelace as a race belt and I'd already lent all mine out. It just never occurred to me (like that he would ride his bike to races and back to the ferry after because he would never ask for taxi money, never even think of it to begin with).I also fitted him for a new pair of runnies when I discovered he had TWO cheap pairs (well used) that were totally the wrong type and size. You should see the blisters and chafe on his feet. He also learned what speed laces are. Also you should have seen his face when he tried the new pair on Pure gold that boy.I have a free spot to IMWA (Dec. 5 or 6) ... may use it as a training day and cut out after 1st bike loop. Or Kingsley may threaten divorce if I do any of it at all Doing much better -- Europe was very very good for me. Still not at 100% but I may never be.THANK YOU all in this amazing group. I do adore each and every one. {MELON PILE} that's a group {MELON PRESS} or hug.

We understand that you are busy!  And of course, we'd love it if you're schedule allows you to post more often. ;-)

What are your travel plans?  It sounds like you're staying in Western Australia for a while, is that right? 

How's Mutti?

Mutti, who is always my #1 priority, is doing great. She's very stable, happy, still super active walking briskly several km, several times a day. I'm pretty sure her mileage is bigger than mine right now! Alzheimer's is progressing as it will, and she does need to be watched 24hr/day, but we have a truly great crew now.

In Bali now, will be in Jakarta a few days between now and Nov. 3 when I leave for Perth. Back in Indonesia Dec. 9, back to Australia early Jan.

Some idiot (AKA HUSBAND) thought it was a good idea to sign up for 20km Rottnest Channel Swim late February. It's a miracle neither of us have asked the other for a divorce yet

2015-10-28 8:21 AM

User image

Veteran
Dayton

I hearby add Fluff Muffin to the list of potential names ;-)

It's a good choice.

I'm so happy to see the new puppy!  I'm looking forward to the day when I get to see updates about runs with a new companion.

2015-10-28 8:30 AM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

How's Mutti?

Mutti, who is always my #1 priority, is doing great. She's very stable, happy, still super active walking briskly several km, several times a day. I'm pretty sure her mileage is bigger than mine right now! Alzheimer's is progressing as it will, and she does need to be watched 24hr/day, but we have a truly great crew now.

In Bali now, will be in Jakarta a few days between now and Nov. 3 when I leave for Perth. Back in Indonesia Dec. 9, back to Australia early Jan.

Some idiot (AKA HUSBAND) thought it was a good idea to sign up for 20km Rottnest Channel Swim late February. It's a miracle neither of us have asked the other for a divorce yet

That's okay, some idiot (AKA me) went and registered for IMTX, Galveston 70.3 and then signed Tony up for the 70.3 as well... and then told him about it over FB.  

2015-10-28 9:42 AM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Melon Presser

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

How's Mutti?

That's okay, some idiot (AKA me) went and registered for IMTX, Galveston 70.3 and then signed Tony up for the 70.3 as well... and then told him about it over FB.  

HAHA I do this to Kingsley all the time ... it's gotten so that if it's quiet for more than a few minutes, he gives me a very suspicious look and says, "What did you do NOW?"

2015-10-28 9:54 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by StaceyK OH MY GOODNESS I CANT CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT ANY LONGER!!!! My boss announced today that she is leaving at the end of the year (it may yet be earlier). This is almost even better than my birthday was. In this case it is very definitely not better the devil you know! I was really tempted to dance around the office with joy but it would have been thoroughly unchristian of me to be so joyous about the news in front of her.

*clink*  cheers to the great news!

2015-10-28 10:00 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Hi Yanti!  So good to see your beautiful, smiling face in here.  I'm glad you are doing better and that sweet Mutti has a new, improved crew of caregivers.

Is there any way we can help Oscar?  Send you extra gear for him or something?  He sounds so humble, yet so talented.  A good heart and a strong heart.  Kind of like you and many of the manatees.

2015-10-28 10:00 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by StaceyK OH MY GOODNESS I CANT CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT ANY LONGER!!!! My boss announced today that she is leaving at the end of the year (it may yet be earlier). This is almost even better than my birthday was. In this case it is very definitely not better the devil you know! I was really tempted to dance around the office with joy but it would have been thoroughly unchristian of me to be so joyous about the news in front of her.

Yay!!

2015-10-28 10:04 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

What's a secret? :P Must be something like underwear (what's that?) or that no-place where the 2nd socks go (although if 2 socks are clean -- enough -- they match).

IMPORTANT TOPIC

For better (for us) or worse (for BT), it seems this group has become the Best of BT and a kind of BT haven. Believe me, I understand the (many) reasons why some of us aren't more active in the main forums. "Stay out of tri talk" used to be something Manatees and TANners alike said to me nearly daily!

I also know many of us have done a lot of (free) work for the site--advice, beta testing, mentoring, etc.--and really felt like we weren't being listened to or appreciated.

Ron's ears are open. They have to be. I think there is much of BT that's good, that's not obsolete, and still the best of its kind available.

Hi Yanti, glad to see you and Kingsley and Mutti are doing well!  As far as the BT topic - I have to say that I haven't been in tri talk in forever.  My BT time is spent in this forum, in the logs and race reports.  I don't know if it's the site or me, but there ya have it!

2015-10-28 10:18 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Veteran
Dayton

Originally posted by amd723

IMPORTANT TOPIC

Hi Yanti, glad to see you and Kingsley and Mutti are doing well!  As far as the BT topic - I have to say that I haven't been in tri talk in forever.  My BT time is spent in this forum, in the logs and race reports.  I don't know if it's the site or me, but there ya have it!

The same for me.  Most of my BT experience is keeping up my logs, and being a silent observer of the pod, mostly.  Man, the last time I was active in TT was in 2012 before I joined the pod.

2015-10-28 10:53 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Falls Church, Virginia

IMPORTANT TOPIC

I just joined the pod, so my immediate reaction is still to post in Tri Talk. And honestly....ya'll move so fast it is tough to keep up!
For instance, I posed in Tri Talk about Vineman being aquired by WTC...it got one response. Then I popped over here and saw it got a few mentions, and I thought, "whoops, guess I should have brought it here instead."
2015-10-28 11:00 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by melbo55

I think you should have danced!  Either that or run around singing "Ding Dong the Wicked Witch is Dead/Going/Leaving!"  (take your pick on the last word)  

2015-10-28 11:12 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Hi Yanti!  So good to see your beautiful, smiling face in here.  I'm glad you are doing better and that sweet Mutti has a new, improved crew of caregivers.

Is there any way we can help Oscar?  Send you extra gear for him or something?  He sounds so humble, yet so talented.  A good heart and a strong heart.  Kind of like you and many of the manatees.

I was thinking the same thing.  I have a ton of gear that I don't use and would love to see someone (especially Oscar) get some use out of it.  Just let us know what he needs.

Always good to hear from you.

2015-10-28 11:20 AM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

I think you should have danced!  Either that or run around singing "Ding Dong the Wicked Witch is Dead/Going/Leaving!"  (take your pick on the last word)  

I'm happy for you Stacey.  I can totally relate.  I had a staff person leave that had been a nightmare to deal with for years.  It was such a relief to not have to deal with the hostility. 

2015-10-28 11:29 AM
in reply to: Atlantia

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by Atlantia

IMPORTANT TOPIC

I just joined the pod, so my immediate reaction is still to post in Tri Talk. And honestly....ya'll move so fast it is tough to keep up! For instance, I posed in Tri Talk about Vineman being aquired by WTC...it got one response. Then I popped over here and saw it got a few mentions, and I thought, "whoops, guess I should have brought it here instead."

It's getting some responses now, both Lisa and Steve from here have commented there. Along with a few others.

Discussions like that can be a little slow in TT at times. Corporate type talk tends to be. Need some of the right people to take interest and then it might go some.

I've been splitting time between a couple mentor groups and TT for a couple years now. Different mindsets and interests in each. TT has actually calmed down notably. I don't mean slow with this, but more with how worked up some people were getting. Seems to be less of that these days.

2015-10-28 11:34 AM
in reply to: Atlantia

User image

Denver, Colorado
Originally posted by Atlantia

IMPORTANT TOPIC

I just joined the pod, so my immediate reaction is still to post in Tri Talk. And honestly....ya'll move so fast it is tough to keep up!
For instance, I posed in Tri Talk about Vineman being aquired by WTC...it got one response. Then I popped over here and saw it got a few mentions, and I thought, "whoops, guess I should have brought it here instead."

I had exact same feelings haha
But I am new to the forum and had no idea about those mentor groups. I mean - I knew they existed, but I thought it was only for the pro's
So glad to be here Now - in addition to swim/run/bike fast I also need to master reading fast, because it's so many awesome posts going on in here

have a great day everyone!
Mary
2015-10-28 11:42 AM

User image

Denver, Colorado
Originally posted by StaceyK

OH MY GOODNESS I CANT CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT ANY LONGER!!!!

My boss announced today that she is leaving at the end of the year (it may yet be earlier). This is almost even better than my birthday was. In this case it is very definitely not better the devil you know!

I was really tempted to dance around the office with joy but it would have been thoroughly unchristian of me to be so joyous about the news in front of her.

That's funny I'm happy for you!
What is it, two more months? Less holidays and some of those days?
Will you guys have a replacement? Hopefully someone much better..
Mary
2015-10-28 11:44 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Denver, Colorado
Originally posted by Hot Runner

I think I officially have a new weird injury. (I specialize in these. I almost never get "normal" injuries.) I seem to have developed tendinitis in one wrist from muscling the kayak around. Was worried how it would feel swimming, but It affects nothing except that I cannot do an open turn (the kind one does if one doesn't know how to flip, or within/between laps of breast stroke or butterfly) without it being pretty painful (pulling with paddles doesn't sound like a good idea, either). Crazy....the last time I was injured (bruised ribs) I could not do a flip turn. Came close to laughing myself silly DQ-ing myself almost every lap on a 400m IM this afternoon--one-handed turns on all the two-handed stuff and finally a resort to a breast stroke flip turn. My colleague who swam competitively in college and was there coaching some kids kept looking at me like, "Since when did you forget how to swim?" Maybe only Yanti will appreciate how silly it must have looked.

About to hit the Advil--I don't normally but it's driving me nuts as there are a lot of random motions in life where you rotate or push with your wrist. Ouch.

Oh no, is it getting better? Sorry to hear that. I absolutely love kayaking. Do you do it often?
Mary
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.4 CLOSED (or Poptart/pet pic ticket) Rss Feed  

of 60

RELATED POSTS

Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?) Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 104

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 55606 Posts: 2576

2015-10-10 12:52 AM IndoIronYanti

Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?) Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 68407 Posts: 2660

2015-05-20 9:51 AM IndoIronYanti

Ryan Mac’s HIM Focus Group - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26

Started by Ryan Mac
Views: 29149 Posts: 639

2015-06-15 3:22 PM Ryan Mac

TZCoaching tri getting started group! - CLOSED Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by tzcoaching
Views: 12300 Posts: 98

2015-03-01 12:25 PM tzcoaching

Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 67878 Posts: 2498

2015-02-23 11:27 AM IndoIronYanti
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.