BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SWBKRUN Mentor Group-"Off Season?" What is that?!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 383

2009-07-30 9:08 AM
in reply to: #2316939

User image

Champion
Charlottesville, Virginia
Subject: RE: SWBKRUN Mentor Group-Closed! KEEP ASKING QUESTIONS!!!
Off to my swim lesson.  Can't wait for her to tell me how much I suck since I haven't been to a lesson in 2-3 months : )

2009-07-30 9:13 AM
in reply to: #2316829

User image

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada
dalessit - 2009-07-30 7:25 AM
fattyfatfat - 2009-07-30 9:23 AM
sdalessio - 2009-07-30 7:37 AM Ok totally off subjest but I am having a GRRRRRRRRR  moment.....
Don't you just love office politics.Yell

Don't you just love will power. 

Just go to these meetings and simply say no to all the goods.  When someone asks why you aren't eating any of it, sigh really loud and say I'm trying qualify for Boston this fall and I want a sub 6 Half Ironman in the spring.  That will make you look really cool and make them feel like crap.  Its all in the spirit of one-ups-man-ship so this is ok.

Seriously, one cupcake won't derail you but you can't sit here and GRRRRR about the KK and then talk about eating cupcakes a few hours later.  Just tell yourself you are not going to eat them before you go in there, go in there and don't eat them.  Avoiding these challenges may just make your weaker.  Take it head on and kick its a$$! 

AWESOME!  I love that.

Agreed. That is really why we do this - To prove why we are better than our co-workers!! The lady next to me asks me every Friday " So do you have another marathon this weekend?" She has zero clue what I do. I love it.
2009-07-30 9:13 AM
in reply to: #2071255

User image

Expert
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia
Well group - I survived.  I went w/ yogurt in hand and survived.  Yeah for me!!!!!!!!!!!
2009-07-30 9:14 AM

User image

Expert
Missouri

Can I still get in on the 200 sit-ups challenge?  I read through the website and it looks good - my core is something I neglect so this would definitely be good for me.  I'll get my test done either tomorrow or Saturday. 

I'm doing a half marathon this fall too - Lewis & Clark - although it's not my first.  Technically it's my third, but the first 2 didn't go quite as planned.  My first try was the same race last year but everyone got stopped at the 10 mile mark because of flooding on the course - click the link to see what we ran through - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63jy8ihP0xc.  So I didn't actually get to finish this one.  My second one about 6 weeks later I did finish but it wasn't pretty.  So this year I'm looking forward to having a good race (can't get much worseSmile).
Janet

2009-07-30 9:14 AM
in reply to: #2316895

User image

Champion
Frisco, TX

Havin'Fun - 2009-07-30 8:50 AM Taking the kids to the Museum of Life and Science today (a favorite spot of ours).  However, we are stopping at Dunkin Donuts on the way    Funny we were just talking about donuts. 

Sam, I am taking a banana so I don't order the biggest donut they have     

It is just about banana:30 here!  Seriously, I think I eat a banana every morning at work at 9:30...

2009-07-30 9:18 AM
in reply to: #2316903

User image

Champion
Frisco, TX

tahrens - 2009-07-30 8:53 AM
fattyfatfat - 2009-07-29 9:21 PM Tracy and I have January marathons! 

OK I just realized the "first" part.  So it will be her first stand alone marathon and my second. Still OK right.

Linda I'm still laughing at your, "does that count"

Technically I have 2 marathons.  The Beach 2 Battleship relay with the hubby in November and then Disney in January.  For someone who doesn't like running I seem to be doing a lot of it.  What the hell?

So are you or are you not going to go for the Goofy Medal?

2009-07-30 9:18 AM
in reply to: #2316977

User image

Champion
marietta
sdalessio - 2009-07-30 9:13 AM Well group - I survived.  I went w/ yogurt in hand and survived.  Yeah for me!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD JOB SAM!
2009-07-30 9:20 AM
in reply to: #2316937

User image

Champion
Verona WI--Ironman Bike Country!
tahrens - 2009-07-30 9:04 AM

Dunkin Donuts all the way. When ever I am running really late for work I stop off and buy a dozen or so for the office.  My thinking is no one will notice - or remember - if I am late if I give them donuts! 

LADIES!!!!!  A little piece of advise I learned the hard way this morning.  Don't have your eyebrows waxed and then go swimming!  There was at least 12 hours of separation between these events but man, trapping pool water against freshly waxed brows with goggles down right stings!!!   However, the whole time I was worried that the chlorine was going to turn my freshly colored hair orange. So then I would have had fire red eyebrows and orange hair - not a good look!  Luckiy I am still a nicely glowing auburn Kiss  And on a related subject, I've been told a way to preserve your hair color is to fully wet your hair and then spray a leave in conditioner on it before you put your swim cap on.  This way your hair is already saturated and won't absorb the chlorine. 

See how hard it is to stay lovely guys?  You should really appreciate all the time and effort we women put into things. 

About the conditioner in your hair.  I did that once right before meeting my 20 year old swim hottie for the first time.  This was when the deep end frightened me so we were wallowing around in the shallow end.  Picture me with a nose plug, afraid to put my head under water and when I do my swim cap keeps sliding off.  Why?  Because it was slick with conditioner!  Looked like a dork, felt like a bigger one!

Ok, ladies...shoe question: Which one with the dress?  I bought the one on the right,but they are the least comfortable of the three......what do you think? 

2009-07-30 9:20 AM
in reply to: #2316982

User image

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada
soccermom15 - 2009-07-30 8:14 AM

Can I still get in on the 200 sit-ups challenge?  I read through the website and it looks good - my core is something I neglect so this would definitely be good for me.  I'll get my test done either tomorrow or Saturday. 

I'm doing a half marathon this fall too - Lewis & Clark - although it's not my first.  Technically it's my third, but the first 2 didn't go quite as planned.  My first try was the same race last year but everyone got stopped at the 10 mile mark because of flooding on the course - click the link to see what we ran through - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63jy8ihP0xc.  So I didn't actually get to finish this one.  My second one about 6 weeks later I did finish but it wasn't pretty.  So this year I'm looking forward to having a good race (can't get much worseSmile).
Janet

You ran through that? WOW Janet strong to get thru 10 miles in that!
2009-07-30 9:21 AM
in reply to: #2316982

User image

Champion
marietta
soccermom15 - 2009-07-30 9:14 AM

Janet

Definitely!     LOL!  Good ol' Ike. 
2009-07-30 9:26 AM
in reply to: #2317008

User image

Expert
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia
SSMinnow - 2009-07-30 9:20 AM

Dunkin Donuts all the way. When ever I am running really late for work I stop off and buy a dozen or so for the office.  My thinking is no one will notice - or remember - if I am late if I give them donuts! 

LADIES!!!!!  A little piece of advise I learned the hard way this morning.  Don't have your eyebrows waxed and then go swimming!  There was at least 12 hours of separation between these events but man, trapping pool water against freshly waxed brows with goggles down right stings!!!   However, the whole time I was worried that the chlorine was going to turn my freshly colored hair orange. So then I would have had fire red eyebrows and orange hair - not a good look!  Luckiy I am still a nicely glowing auburn Kiss  And on a related subject, I've been told a way to preserve your hair color is to fully wet your hair and then spray a leave in conditioner on it before you put your swim cap on.  This way your hair is already saturated and won't absorb the chlorine. 

See how hard it is to stay lovely guys?  You should really appreciate all the time and effort we women put into things. 

About the conditioner in your hair.  I did that once right before meeting my 20 year old swim hottie for the first time.  This was when the deep end frightened me so we were wallowing around in the shallow end.  Picture me with a nose plug, afraid to put my head under water and when I do my swim cap keeps sliding off.  Why?  Because it was slick with conditioner!  Looked like a dork, felt like a bigger one!

Ok, ladies...shoe question: Which one with the dress?  I bought the one on the right,but they are the least comfortable of the three......what do you think? 

I'm no fashion expert but I'm partial to the shoes on the left.  I like lighter colors in the summer and they look more comfortable.

2009-07-30 9:27 AM
in reply to: #2317008

User image

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada
SSMinnow - 2009-07-30 8:20 AM

I am not a lady, but i vote for the ones on the left

EDIT: On second thought.....Please post pics wearing the dress, and then let us decide.Kiss

Edited by TrevorC 2009-07-30 9:31 AM
2009-07-30 9:33 AM
in reply to: #2317044

User image

Champion
marietta
TrevorC - 2009-07-30 9:27 AM
SSMinnow - 2009-07-30 8:20 AM

I am not a lady, but i vote for the ones on the left

EDIT: On second thought.....Please post pics wearing the dress, and then let us decide.

X2  Lets see you in it Suzy!!!
2009-07-30 9:33 AM

User image

Master
Apex, north carolina
 I like shoe number 2.  The straps around the base of your toes might start to hurt after a few hours of standing table dancing.  BTW, that is the best looking bridesmaids dress I have ever seen.  Where is the pink taffeta and puffy shoulders?

Andy,  NO FREAKING WAY!!!!   I'm already planning to spend my week's vacation at Disney waddling around like a penguin, no need to put myself in a wheel chair!  That Goofy medal is going to Tony and Sam I believe.

Edited by tahrens 2009-07-30 9:35 AM
2009-07-30 9:39 AM

User image

Elite
Raleigh
OK I am in for the 200 situp challenge. Do we start Monday or do we doo the initial test then?

BTW: The strength and core exercises are getting easier but holding a plank pose is a B#tch! I managed 50 seconds. Not even close to 3 minutes but 5 second better than last week. Oh and "V crunches with a fit ball were invented by the Marquis de Sade!. I mean come on, all the abs, the back and the inner thighs all at once?!! I am sure I look like a turtle trying to get off its back while doing this too."

OK enough whining, (I did do all my sets (2 weeks down, 10 to go.)).

Doug
2009-07-30 9:42 AM
in reply to: #2317070

User image

Champion
Verona WI--Ironman Bike Country!
tahrens - 2009-07-30 9:33 AM  I like shoe number 2.  The straps around the base of your toes might start to hurt after a few hours of standing table dancing.  BTW, that is the best looking bridesmaids dress I have ever seen.  Where is the pink taffeta and puffy shoulders?

Andy,  NO FREAKING WAY!!!!   I'm already planning to spend my week's vacation at Disney waddling around like a penguin, no need to put myself in a wheel chair!  That Goofy medal is going to Tony and Sam I believe.

The dress is one I bought about three years ago and never wore.  I am the only one standing up so she is letting me wear what I want to wear which is good. I've done some ugly bridesmaids dresses in my day.

The first two are the most comfortable (if there is such a thing with heels), but I'm partial to #2 as well. Tomorrow I will slap on the dress, with the shoes, post hair and make-up and post something.  And only I will know for sure what is underneath it all!

Edited by SSMinnow 2009-07-30 9:43 AM

2009-07-30 9:45 AM
in reply to: #2317107

User image

Champion
marietta
SSMinnow - 2009-07-30 9:42 AM
tahrens - 2009-07-30 9:33 AM  I like shoe number 2.  The straps around the base of your toes might start to hurt after a few hours of standing table dancing.  BTW, that is the best looking bridesmaids dress I have ever seen.  Where is the pink taffeta and puffy shoulders?

The dress is one I bought about three years ago and never wore.  I am the only one standing up so she is letting me wear what I want to wear which is good. I've done some ugly bridesmaids dresses in my day.

The first two are the most comfortable (if there is such a thing with heels), but I'm partial to #2 as well. Tomorrow I will slap on the dress, with the shoes, post hair and make-up and post something.  And only I will know for sure what is underneath it all!

yeah me  too
2009-07-30 9:47 AM
in reply to: #2317091

User image

Champion
marietta
DougRob - 2009-07-30 9:39 AM OK I am in for the 200 situp challenge. Do we start Monday or do we doo the initial test then?

BTW: The strength and core exercises are getting easier but holding a plank pose is a B#tch! I managed 50 seconds. Not even close to 3 minutes but 5 second better than last week. Oh and "V crunches with a fit ball were invented by the Marquis de Sade!. I mean come on, all the abs, the back and the inner thighs all at once?!! I am sure I look like a turtle trying to get off its back while doing this too."

Doug

Test before monday  start monday. 
2009-07-30 9:53 AM
in reply to: #2317116

User image

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada
fattyfatfat - 2009-07-30 8:45 AM
SSMinnow - 2009-07-30 9:42 AM

yeah me  too
Dude i just spit my coffee out!!

And i can't wait for tomorrow to come now.
2009-07-30 10:20 AM

User image

Pro
Wherever the trail takes me, WA.
2009-07-30 10:23 AM
in reply to: #2317126

User image

Elite
Raleigh
fattyfatfat - 2009-07-30 9:47 AM
DougRob - 2009-07-30 9:39 AM OK I am in for the 200 situp challenge. Do we start Monday or do we doo the initial test then?

Doug

Test before monday  start monday. 

Got it. Will test tonight.

2009-07-30 10:32 AM
in reply to: #2316939

User image

Pro
SSMinnow - 2009-07-30 7:05 AM
tahrens - 2009-07-30 8:53 AM
fattyfatfat - 2009-07-29 9:21 PM Tracy and I have January marathons! 

OK I just realized the "first" part.  So it will be her first stand alone marathon and my second. Still OK right.

Linda I'm still laughing at your, "does that count"

Technically I have 2 marathons.  The Beach 2 Battleship relay with the hubby in November and then Disney in January.  For someone who doesn't like running I seem to be doing a lot of it.  What the hell?

Too funny.  I'm just the opposite.  For someone who really loves running, why the hell am I biking so much? and running so little?

You are doing it so you can learn how to stay upright on your bike !!!
2009-07-30 10:37 AM

User image

Pro
SUZY--- SHOE #2, SHOE #2!!!!
2009-07-30 10:39 AM

User image

Pro
Janet that is UNREAL!!!!!
2009-07-30 11:24 AM

User image

Veteran
New York, New York
SSMinnow:

Shoes on left. :-)

dbw27
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SWBKRUN Mentor Group-"Off Season?" What is that?!! Rss Feed  

of 383