BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Gray Guys/Girls Masters Focus Triathlete Forum (all levels welcome)--CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 44

2014-01-20 1:43 PM
in reply to: JREDFLY

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio
Subject: RE: Counting lenghts in the pool

2014-01-20 1:46 PM

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio
Subject: RE:Scottisms

Scott, 

The "climb the ladder" is a great  trick to think about when staring down the little black line on the bottom of the pool.  
Had a decent swim today and I feel like improvements are being made overall but I have often thought that and really not had any significant improvement...

2014-01-20 2:47 PM

User image

Regular
East Wenatchee, Washington
Subject: RE:Challenge
Originally posted by JREDFLY

Steve - Another nice avatar. I'll be routing for your Seahawks now that my Pats are out. My kids think the new uniforms are very cool.

Thanks, James. Sorry about your Pats. Hopefully the Seahawks will put the hurt on Denver.

Steve
2014-01-20 3:46 PM
in reply to: lutzman

User image

Expert
Missouri

Hey everyone!  Last week was a bit of a crazy week - I've been trying to keep up with reading here but haven't had much time to post.  Anyway, I wanted to post some of the exercises that I was doing when I worked with a trainer for a while last spring.  They're all lower body exercises since we were working on my hips, glutes and thighs mostly.  Here's what I could remember:

planks - regular and with BOSU ball (first with forearms on rounded side, then with feet on rounded side)
squats - lots of different kinds, with and without weights (both dumbbells and barbell across shoulders), some on BOSU ball (one foot on and both feet on), sumo squats with kettlebell, wall squats with fitness ball behind my back
duck walk with resistance band on ankles (both forward and backward), side steps w/band, sled pulls with weight in squat position
cable kickbacks, forward kicks and side kicks
lunges - reg and walking with and without weights
hip thrusters - with barbell or sandbags across hips
step-ups - regular and with weights, speed set-ups (one foot on box, other foot up and down as fast as possible for 30"), step-up with jumps
skater jumps

That's what I can remember.  I need to start doing some again - my hip bothers me if I spend too much time running on the TM and lately most of my runs have been TM runs. 
Janet

2014-01-20 6:25 PM
in reply to: lclemmy4

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2014-01-20 8:13 PM

Official BT Coach
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gold member

Originally posted by JREDFLY I just started back last week because my pool is at Umass and was closed during the holiday break. I was thinking of maybe using this schedule to start over to build up to my 1 mile swim by the end of the summer but then I noticed that my workouts last week were pretty much like your week 13. I did 16 50s with 15 second breaks and was trying work on form and breathing again. I felt fairly strong but did feel some breakdown on my stroke here and there. Could you point me to any good schedules for my situation (beginner swimmer looking to increase distance while perfecting form)?

I had to laugh when I read your post.  Back when I was swimming, we trained at a city college pool during Christmas break because our normal pool was closed for maintenance.  The city college pool worked well except for one little thing - they turned the heaters off because nobody was using it - except the club swim team!  I can remember mornings where we would literally crack the ice to get into the water for morning workout.

Anyway,  my suggestion to you is not to jump right back in at the yardage you finished up last season at.  You have a long time before your 'A' race, and probably a few months before any other race.  Recall that when I was swimming, we would always take a couple weeks off at the end of the season, then come back to a few weeks of low intensity stroke technique work.  This is the perfect time for you to do the same.  Do something like 1,000 yard 'workouts,' where the whole focus of the time in the pool is stroke technique.  Something like 4 x 50 easy warm-up then 12 x 50 @ 60 sec rest, then 4 x 50 easy cool-down.  Remember, pace and endurance is not the focus.  PERFECT STROKE TECHNIQUE is the focus.  Do that for two weeks, three times a week.  The third week, switch to 4 x 50 warm up, 6 x 100 @ 45 rest, 4 x 50 cool-down.  Pace should be uncomfortably comfortable. If technique breaks down due to fatigue, double your rest period until technique improves.  Technique is more important than pace at this point.

Doing this is going to reinforce your stroke technique so you have a good stroke foundation for the remainder of the season.  Then you test the technique with some more difficult reps to make sure technique is holding up under increased load and fatigue.

After that three weeks, go into extensive endurance training for 4-6 weeks.  The goal of extensive endurance training is to get to where your total workout distance is 1.5 - 2.00 times your planned race swim distance (if memory serves you are planning an Olympic Triathlon this summer so your swim workouts should get up to 2,475 - 3,300 yards 3-4 times/week - preferably 4 times) .  Start with less yards (maybe 1,200 - 1,400 yards) and build to the target yardage over a few weeks (add 100 yards/workout - in 4 weeks @ 3WO/week you would be up to 2,400-2,600 yards/WO.).  Switch up the workouts, 100's one day, 200's the next, maybe include some ladders 50-100-200-100-50.  Start out with 60 sec rest and progress to 45 sec rest over a few weeks.  Pace should be comfortable.  Not hard, not easy, just nice even comfortable pace.  After that period, give me a shout and we can look at where you are.  The next phase likely would be a mixture of extensive and intermediate endurance along with some intensive endurance work (not really endurance, this is the speed work - the so-called 'vomit reps').  If you are truly intending to plan your own workouts, private message me and we can work out details.  What I put above is a really rough guide.

Originally posted by JREDFLY  I am hesitant to give advice on this forum because I am new to the sport but just as an FYI for the newbies you are really lucky to have found this thead that has Steve for running, biking, Tri strategy and Scott for swimming. These guys were a big help to me last year and will have you working out with a purpose not just working out for the sake of putting in miles and laps. If you are working out with bad form or without a purpose you are just wasting your time. Being a recent newbie I just thought I would offer a little info on your first Triathlon swim. Arrive early and get in a small practice swim, it will take some of the nervousness away. Line up on the outside and if there are still quite a number of people in front of you wait 5-10 seconds, then go. Don't worry about doing the entire distance in your training, you can always flip over and do the the backstroke or go to your rest stroke if needed. It is good idea to have a fallback (safety) stroke because you may need it anyway if conditions get rough. Work on your form in practice, you will know what I mean after your first tri-swim and seeing a bunch of people swimming with their arms and heads swinging all over the place. If you follow Scotts schedule and get to the pool at least three times per week for 4 to 5 months you should be ready to do this safely and have confidence in yourself because you know you put in the time and trained for it the right way. Once again, I just have to mention that this is a great schedule for beginner swimmers. Like Scott said I think all the other sprint schedules assume you already have some swimming experience which quite a number of us do not - Thanks Scott! Anyway good luck and have fun!

Thank you James for the kind words.  I truly enjoy helping people to become stronger swimmers.

2014-01-20 9:07 PM
in reply to: 0

New user
Hingham, MA
Subject: RE: RE Challenge
Originally posted by QueenZipp

Weekly totals:

2 lb lost  =20

no gain =5

minutes exercise 779 =help me out here, I forget how many points per 30 minutes

Sorry you lose all workout points for not calculating (Just kidding). the points are listed on the grid every weeki - if forget again check there.

Edited by JREDFLY 2014-01-20 9:17 PM
2014-01-20 9:35 PM

New user
Hingham, MA
Subject: GGG Challenge
Hey Linda where are you? Not ilke you to miss a report, hope everything is OK.

Some nice comebacks this week.

(GGG 1-19-14.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
GGG 1-19-14.jpg (148KB - 3 downloads)
2014-01-20 9:57 PM
in reply to: k9car363

New user
Hingham, MA
Originally posted by k9car363

Thank you James for the kind words.  I truly enjoy helping people to become stronger swimmers.

Thanks Scott for all the detail. I will work on a weekly grid and let you know how it works out.

JP
2014-01-21 6:28 AM

Champion
Bronze member
Subject: RE: GGG Challenge

Originally posted by JREDFLY Hey Linda where are you? Not ilke you to miss a report, hope everything is OK. Some nice comebacks this week.

I missed reporting this week since I just got home yesterday. Should I do a cumulative for next week?

2014-01-21 2:26 PM

Regular
Subject: got tapeworms ?
Lotta weight loss happening here !!!

eleven w/o points, five points no weight change. SIXTEEN TOTAL POINTS JAMES

Sorry I am late reporter...wifi trouble.....

So the Adidas Boost is a pleasure on the asphalt....... but I like my NB Leadvilles better for a fire road run.

Thx for lower body w/o ideas Janet.

I did a five miler yesterday in temps 20 degrees warmer than seasonal norms.
Was proud of my pacing......kept my HR at 130 or so.......

Edited by dustytrails 2014-01-21 2:31 PM

2014-01-21 7:35 PM

Official BT Coach
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gold member
Subject: RE: Counting lenghts in the pool

Originally posted by JREDFLY Not sure if Scott adheres to this rule but I heard hardcore swimmers wouldn't be caught dead with something on their wrist.  

Sorry, didn't see this earlier.

If I were about to board a plane heading for Sochi, I would not put anything on my wrist because that 0.001 second could be the difference between silver and gold.  BUT, I am no longer a swimmer per se, and the little teeny tiny bit of drag a watch on my wrist is going to introduce is not going to matter a bit in the overall scheme of things, so yes, I wear a watch that counts laps when I swim.

2014-01-21 7:41 PM
in reply to: ceilidh

New user
Hingham, MA
Originally posted by ceilidh

Originally posted by JREDFLY Hey Linda where are you? Not ilke you to miss a report, hope everything is OK. Some nice comebacks this week.

I missed reporting this week since I just got home yesterday. Should I do a cumulative for next week?

You can report in now and I will edit the chart if you want - otherwise next week will be fine.
2014-01-21 7:45 PM

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by JREDFLY

You can report in now and I will edit the chart if you want - otherwise next week will be fine.

THANKS!

It is sad, but I was on vacation after all.

5 for no wt gain

7 for training

Next week should be way better. but nothing like the Queen!

2014-01-22 5:56 AM

Expert
Charlottesville, Virginia
Subject: Making the most of your training time
Wow... I'm really impressed with this group. Some fabulous weight loss / training numbers posted in the first couple of weeks - Bravo! I've firmly established myself in the middle of the pack - quite comfortable there :-)

So a question - really more of a ponder / conversation topic - Scott's post about swim training 2x distance 4x week prompted me to write, but it is something I think about on an on-going basis. I expect we have more than a few "type A"s in here who are probably highly committed elsewhere in their lives as well. I'm sure that if the primary focus of our lives were training for triathlons, we could hit the weekly numbers for optimal training, but, at least for me, I choose to spread myself too thin to hit those kinds of numbers on a long-term basis, and I accept what that means for my eventual race day performance. However, what I'm interested in is making the most of the time I do train each week. Let's say, for argument's sake, that one had an hour a day to train (or 7 hours / week). Any advice or even incoherent rambles from folks on how to approach it? Some questions I ponder are:

Better to have a rest day (or two) or 7 days / week?
Is it good to double up on a couple of disciplines on one or two days?
Does it make sense to substitute weight training for S/B/R training?

More snow and cold here in Virginia. Here's hoping it at least kills some of the stinkbugs :-)

Stu

2014-01-22 7:59 AM
in reply to: juneapple

Subject: RE: Making the most of your training time
Good question Stu, as I have often wondered the same. I work 3-4 days a week, 12 hr shifts so I have always used work days as rest days. I've recently started swimming some nights after work, as the pool is closer to my work than my home. Last night I was too tired from work (headache too) so I listened to my body and came home. I am also training for a half marathon and have to bike, swim or strength train on days I also run. I've wondered how others balance it and help their body recover. The bottom line for me is that I'm not competing in races with elites, so if I have to rest, i do it. I have days I feel awesome and others I don't.
I appreciate all the advice on here and know it will help me on my first sprint.

2014-01-22 8:27 AM
in reply to: Kris67

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

Originally posted by Kris67 Good question Stu, as I have often wondered the same. I work 3-4 days a week, 12 hr shifts so I have always used work days as rest days. I've recently started swimming some nights after work, as the pool is closer to my work than my home. Last night I was too tired from work (headache too) so I listened to my body and came home. I am also training for a half marathon and have to bike, swim or strength train on days I also run. I've wondered how others balance it and help their body recover. The bottom line for me is that I'm not competing in races with elites, so if I have to rest, i do it. I have days I feel awesome and others I don't. I appreciate all the advice on here and know it will help me on my first sprint.

Kris,

When I worked 12 hour shifts I did NOTHING that day (unless it was an 11 AM to 11 PM shift when I could do a morning swim or run).  I work from home so No one is around to care if I am in sweaty work out clothes.  I can run either on my lunch break or before/ after work just fine.  I swim early morning because that's what works for me, and right now most of my bike training is after dinner on the trainer.  I squeeze in other strength training/ yoga either on lunch or weekends.  

We have to do what works for our schedule and family needs--some times it means sacrificing an extra workout in order to be there for the family or job demands.  Sometimes we can do the workout after our work day.....Either way we can't beat ourselves up if we have to miss an occasional workout,

2014-01-22 8:31 AM
in reply to: Kris67

Champion
Bronze member

Stu, I would guess I am one of the least motivated people in this group. I started doing tris just to see if I could. I am still at that level. I am not going to be devoting the majority of my time to training. I work, I garden and landscape, I hike, I spend a good deal of time just entertaining with friends (with the inherent problems that brings to devote a lot of time to working out ). That being said, I do want to do better and get fitter. Finding the balance for me is the key. I try to devote an hour a day to training. This spring I would like to get to 1.5 hours a day. Rest days seem to just happen, one to two per week, because of travel, work, schedules etc. I had been using a great book :

One-Hour Workouts: 50 Swim, Bike, and Run Workouts for Busy Athletes  that helps a lot. Of course, we rearranged rooms and I can't find it now and it is killing me!

I used to think that 1 hour a day was all a working person with other interests and an active family life could do... then I met Judi!

2014-01-22 9:09 AM

Champion
Bronze member

I am adding strength training in addition to the SBR. Slowly at first, then I intend to add full sets to my rest days. When I consistently do strength training, I feel I am better in all three disciplines. It is just keeping up the momentum that has sidetracked me before.

2014-01-22 2:32 PM

Expert
Missouri

I am adding strength training in addition to the SBR. Slowly at first, then I intend to add full sets to my rest days. When I consistently do strength training, I feel I am better in all three disciplines. It is just keeping up the momentum that has sidetracked me before.

Same for me.  For a week or so I'll stick to my ST schedule then start skipping days (like today - I was supposed to go at lunch and didn't).  I just haven't been consistent enough for it to become a habit yet although I know my running and biking are better when I do it.  It's something I'm trying to work on - and failing at the moment .

2014-01-22 4:24 PM
in reply to: soccermom15

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

Originally posted by soccermom15

Same for me.  For a week or so I'll stick to my ST schedule then start skipping days (like today - I was supposed to go at lunch and didn't).  I just haven't been consistent enough for it to become a habit yet although I know my running and biking are better when I do it.  It's something I'm trying to work on - and failing at the moment .

I find I need to do a fair amount of strength training--probably why I stick to shorter distance races.  If I did HIM/ IM the time factor would eliminate much of anything other than SBR and I really enjoy the variety of it all.

2014-01-22 8:38 PM

Official BT Coach
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gold member

Originally posted by juneapple

So a question - really more of a ponder / conversation topic - Scott's post about swim training 2x distance 4x week prompted me to write, but it is something I think about on an on-going basis. I expect we have more than a few "type A"s in here who are probably highly committed elsewhere in their lives as well. I'm sure that if the primary focus of our lives were training for triathlons, we could hit the weekly numbers for optimal training, but, at least for me, I choose to spread myself too thin to hit those kinds of numbers on a long-term basis, and I accept what that means for my eventual race day performance. However, what I'm interested in is making the most of the time I do train each week. Let's say, for argument's sake, that one had an hour a day to train (or 7 hours / week). Any advice or even incoherent rambles from folks on how to approach it? Some questions I ponder are:

Stu

Good discussion topic Stu!  It is kind of a "loaded" question when you think about it and one that can easily lead down several tangents.  Obviously, the length of the target race is going to impact training volume.  Within each race distance however, there is the likelihood of significant training volume differences depending upon the athletes personal goal(s).  Is he/she hoping to just finish, or are they looking to stand on the podium?  While the target race may be the same, those divergent goals will likely produce dissimilar training methods.  Yeah, we could talk about this all day - but as you so eloquently pointed out, most of us don't have all day.

"Better to have a rest day (or two) or 7 days / week?" - My 'answer' to this really has little to do with optimal training.  Sunday is the only day that my wife and I share a day off.  My wife is incredibly supportive of my Ironman goals, so the least I can do is set aside one day that we spend together.  That said, I find I do better when I have one rest day per week.  However, I am a fan of active recovery as opposed to passive rest so on Sundays, we tend to go "DO" something.  For example, there is a VERY large swap meet held every weekend near Newport Beach, not far from our house.  We went there a couple weeks ago and logged over 4 miles walking through the swap meet.  Another time, we went for a bike ride around Long Beach.  Active recovery on my rest days lets me feel like I am "training" and more importantly allows me to spend time with my better half and keep peace in the house.  That is a win-win in my book.

"Is it good to double up on a couple of disciplines on one or two days?" - This really is dependent upon individual goals and life circumstances.  In my case, my training plan includes 3 swim days (goes to 4 starting in May), 3 cycling days (short, medium, long), 4 run days (2 short, medium, long), and 3 strength days (45 min each), plus stretching.  That's 13-14 different training sessions not including stretching.  I can either double up on various days or I can stretch my plan out across two weeks.  I choose to double things up.  M/W/F are run/swim/weight days.  T/Th are cycling days.  Saturday is a run and cycling day.  I arrived at that schedule after literally sitting down with my running, swimming, and fitness coaches over dinner and coming up with a 'best plan for me.'  As I build through the summer, there are going to be some 6 hour cycling days so it didn't make much sense to try and double up on cycling days.  However, we wanted a weekly brick opportunity - enter the short run, short bike Saturday.  Sometimes Saturday is a run early, bike late day, other times it's the reverse, and sometimes it's a true brick.  Seeing as how the pool and the weight room are both at the gym it made sense that swimming and weights would be on the same day and it just seemed to 'fit' that running is on the same day as it involves different muscles for the most part.  When I do resistance training, I lift light weights and high repetitions, working on strength and endurance so I am still able to get in the water and swim after a strength workout.  I do very little lower body weight work, given the volume of running and biking.  The upper body weight work I do is targeted at swimming muscle groups (lat pull downs, bicep curls, tricep extensions, etc.).  I probably do a disproportionate amount of core work (planks, side bridge, crunches, bicycles, etc).  I am very fortunate in that I am self employed so if I need time to train, I simply step into the restroom, look in the mirror, and have a chat with the boss.  Actually it isn't that easy as I have more 'bosses' now than I did when I worked for someone, however, my schedule is extremely flexible.  It would be impossible for me to pursue my goal of qualifying for Kona if I did not have the flexibility in my work schedule that I enjoy.

"Does it make sense to substitute weight training for S/B/R training?" - There are a couple schools of thought on this one.  I firmly believe that strength training should be an integral part of any training plan.  It really comes down to this, how can it NOT be beneficial to become stronger?  That said however, reality is that there are not an infinite number of minutes in the day and sometimes compromises have to be made.  If it comes down to 'something has to go,' then I think that S/B/R training is more important.  So directly answering the question - I don't think that an athlete should 'substitute' weight training for S/B/R training.  I think the athlete should find a way to ADD strength training to their training regimen.  It doesn't have to be a lot.  20 minutes a couple times a week will make a significant difference.

Now that I have written all that down, what does it mean for you?  Maybe nothing.  My goals may be different than yours.  A plan that works for me, may or may not work for you.  My life circumstances may or may not be similar to yours.  What can perhaps be helpful is seeing how someone else has approached training.  I know when I started training for a triathlon, I didn't have a clue.  I knew I had to run and swim and ride my bike.  Somewhere I learned about the 'other' disciplines - nutrition, hydration, pacing, and mental preparation.  Putting a training plan together that adequately prepares you for race day may be as great a challenge as the actual race itself.

Stu, I don't think I directly addressed your underlying premise of 7 training hours per week.  Sorry, best I could do.

Just my humble 2 cents.

2014-01-23 6:16 AM
in reply to: k9car363

Expert
Charlottesville, Virginia
Originally posted by k9car363

Stu, I don't think I directly addressed your underlying premise of 7 training hours per week.  Sorry, best I could do.

Scott, clearly the "answer" to my question was "it depends". Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I was just interested in hearing other folks' take on that underlying issue of there's only so much time in a day / week. And I enjoyed hearing what everyone else thought too.

I'll do a bit more strength work in the "off season" and less once the weather gets better (who wants to be inside, really). Trying to get 2x week in during Jan and Feb. But I have no real basis for doing so other than trying to get my metabolic rate up a bit and wanting to change things up some.

Over the years, I find that weather (and pool conditions) drive my training more than a coach would prefer. Like Monday, I went to the pool and it was just packed with all sorts of people (holiday)... snorkel gear, side strokers, etc. and I just said, ack... that is going to be too frustrating and went back to work. And I'll do almost anything to avoid a long run on the treadmill or track. So clearly, I am more driven by trying to enjoy the training than to just do the training for a particular goal, which is a change from a few years back. I haven't decided if this is a "good" thing or not... but it seems to be where my head is these days, so I'm going with it :-) It is probably due to not having any specific goals for this year... when I had signed up for an HIM, it definitely drove my training, so I imagine that has much to do with it.

So what's on tap for folks today? I'm hoping that the snorkelers will be elsewhere and I'll get a good swim in :-)

Stu

2014-01-23 11:04 PM

Regular
East Wenatchee, Washington
Originally posted by juneapple

So a question - really more of a ponder / conversation topic - Let's say, for argument's sake, that one had an hour a day to train (or 7 hours / week). Any advice or even incoherent rambles from folks on how to approach it? Some questions I ponder are:

More snow and cold here in Virginia. Here's hoping it at least kills some of the stinkbugs :-)

Stu

Good questions, Stu.

I think Scott hit on the first key point up above in his answer: It has to start with your goals and then work back to aligning your training today, this week, next week with your goals. Naturally, your goals must also be aligned with the time available to train and current fitness or it's sort of pointless. So, for me, my starting point is to identify the key races and set performance goals for each of the three legs. I can then begin to build a training plan for each sport that will hopefully get me where I need to be by allocating my available training time, set training parameters, pacing, intervals, etc..

One of the kickers in "training time" is it's easy to forget that actual training is only about 50% of the time requirement. There is also time involved in driving to/from the training site, getting dressed, cooling down post workout, changing/showering, returning home, etc. I've concluded that all the pre/post activity can add about 50% to the workout times, so suddenly 8 hours of training requires 12 hours of actual triathlon related activities.when all the other stuff is rolled in.

To your specific questions:

Better to have a rest day (or two) or 7 days / week?--I think it's totally dependent on your schedule and the intensity of training. Lighter intensity workouts don't require much recovery. Heavy intensity obviously takes a toll. I try to put in pretty solid weeks when I'm in full training mode. The workouts always peak on the weekends when I have the time for a two hour run or a three plus hour bike ride. So by the time the weekend is over, I'm shot. So I am pretty disciplined in taking every Monday off for total rest/recovery. No workouts.

Is it good to double up on a couple of disciplines on one or two days?--For me I just can't get int the number of workouts I need without doubling up on at least two days. Ideally, I would hit each sport at least 3 times per week with one strength session. That's a total of 10 workouts in 6 days. So, I have to double up several days a week (which could also be on the weekend).

Does it make sense to substitute weight training for S/B/R training?--Again, it depends on your goals and where you are in your racing calendar. I substitute strength training early in the season. But once I get into the race season I drop it and focus solely on race specific workouts. For me, that's more likely to drive improvement. But I've also found that strength training causes me to carry extra weight that is actually detrimental to performance. So, I like building the additional muscle mass early in the season, but I have no desire to carry it around the race course. And as we've discussed before, extra weight is a severe limiter on running speeds.

The other piece we've discussed is perhaps thinking about 14 days training cycles vs. 7 day cycles. Especially for folks working long days, looking at a training cycle that can be spread over 14 days allows a little more flexibility for building a plan that includes days where work requirements will pretty much wipe out any training on specific days.

I also follow a four week flights with three weeks on, one off. So every four weeks is a light training recovery week...which is exactly what this week is for me. I'll probably be down to around six hours training this week, bumping back up to 8+ for the next three..

Steve.

Edited by lutzman 2014-01-23 11:42 PM
2014-01-24 4:35 PM
in reply to: lutzman

Expert
Missouri

Got some good news!  I just got an email that the race I wanted to do on Feb 22 (which I was on a waiting list for since it sold out so quick) has added an additional 150 spots.  It's a trail race at a state park and the number of entries was originally limited to 350.  Apparently the race organizers were able to work it out with the state parks department to let them have another 150 people do the race.  So I'm in!  I really didn't think I get a spot even with being on the waitlist.  Very excited about this

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Gray Guys/Girls Masters Focus Triathlete Forum (all levels welcome)--CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 44

RELATED POSTS

Triguys Tri Team (all levels welcome) - CLOSED SORRY Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8

Started by triguy1043
Views: 18736 Posts: 190

2014-04-02 11:34 AM lsousa
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 24, 2012
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 3
I didn’t used to like to run slow. You begin to recalibrate your needs and wants and if-only you could jog an easy two miles, three times per week. Running is a gift.

date : March 10, 2011
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 1
Tinley on triathlon, aging, and the attitude of a masters athlete
date : December 4, 2007
author : EndurancePlanet
comments : 0
She's back. We were able to interview Deanna Babcock, a triathlete who galvanized the forums over several months with her story of a tragic accident and subsequent recovery.

date : October 4, 2007
author : R_Laberje
comments : 14
Humorous short story about giving up feminine luxuries for the triathlon fitness lifestyle.
date : February 8, 2007
author : MegL
comments : 25
No one likes to look like a fool, but it’s hard not to when you don’t know what you’re doing as a beginner, so if it helps, go ahead and pretend.

date : May 30, 2005
author : pjsuperhawk
Maintaining a positive attitude and a sense of priority will be my keys to success. Before summer fades into fall, I will be a Triathlete and eager to race again.
date : October 3, 2004
author : scuba-punk
He looked at us and flat out told us that he wouldn't accept any of us as his students at a technical diving level with the poor level of physical fitness we had.

date : August 31, 2004
author : malvey
Get inspired to race a triathlon even if your older.