BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SWBKRUN- Miles and Miles ahead!!!! CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 230

2010-04-01 3:58 PM
in reply to: #2763293

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: SWBKRUN- Miles and Miles ahead!!!! CLOSED
RoniS - 2010-04-01 2:22 PM
SSMinnow - 2010-04-01 10:55 AM
RoniS - 2010-04-01 11:12 AM
SSMinnow - 2010-04-01 4:47 AM After thinking long and hard about it, I have decided I am not coming to Lonestar after all.  I am even thinking of quitting triathlon all together.............

LOL... funny thing is I could have truthfully posted this right now. Not really thinking of QUITTING triathlon, but I am thinking I'll take a break from thinking about it for awhile. I'm going to do what I can when I can and whatever feels right for the foot. No more stressing about upcoming races or feeling pressured to get training in that I probably shouldn't be doing anyway. If my foot heals in time, I'll ramp things up carefully and give IMCDA a go, otherwise I'm letting it go.

I'll miss you all at Lonestar, but can't say I'm too disappointed to be taking my dream vacation to Maui that week. Just finalized all of our reservations!!! Hope everyone has an awesome time! (oh yeah, and this is not an April fools joke)

Where are you staying in Maui?  It is one of my favorite places.  If you are interested, I can email you my "best things to do in Maui" doc....which includes a trip to Mama's fish house, the best on the Island.

I'd love to have the doc, Suzy! We're staying the first three nights in a tree house near Hana, sort of like camping out. Then, we'll be staying 5 nights in an oceanfront condo in Lahaina. I can't wait! I've already reserved a boat and snorkeling trip to Molokini Crater, a kayak and snorkeling trip along the south shore, and a night at the Old Lahaina Luau. We also plan to visit Haleakala Crater, several hiking trips (hopefully), and lots of ocean swimming and beach hopping, whew! Am I missing anything?

you must get the shaved ice..  Ululani's Hawaiian Shaved Ice or Annies is GREAT.

2010-04-01 4:09 PM
in reply to: #2763760

User image

Master
Tosa, WI
SSMinnow - 2010-04-01 3:24 PM So after my appointment with the kiniseologist yesterday, my mission is to find the correct size shoe.  I have been wearing a 6 in Brooks Adrenaline and recently purchased Asics 2150 in the same size.  I'm at Fleet Feet and they are using their Fit System... I was assuming maybe a 5.5 D so wide......I was slightly less than a 4!  We tried several kids shoes before I ended up with a 5 Asics Guide....how stupid is that? I've been wearing the wrong shoe size for 6 years.

Also since I don't have kids to brag about and my racing has been non-existent, can I toot my horn about the man.....he isn't a triathlete or really an athlete at all, but what he does impresses the heck out of me sometimes. Horn tooting over!

Congrats to Paul!!!! and congrats to you too.  (You know what they say about the woman behind every successful man!)
2010-04-01 4:37 PM
in reply to: #2763683

User image

Master
cadmus - 2010-04-01 2:58 PM Roni  - our snorkelling trip to Molokai got cancelled due to excessive winds, but they didn't make the decision until after we were loaded up and most of the way there.  They opened the bar when we turned around and it was a 7:00 am Bloody Mary cruise - and we got a refund.

We ended up renting snorkel gear and driving out to this place right before the lava fields on the south end of the island - past Kihei and saw a ton of great fish and turtles.  Ask the locals, they can recommend the good places to go.

Old Lahaina Luau was awesome - that is a must see.

Biking on Haleakela (sp??) looked fun too, but they wouldn't let my wife go because she was preggers.  So we did the heli-tour instead.  Cool, but I don't think I'd pay for it again.

Have fun.

We did a shore dive from a place that sounds like this is the same one. I'll have to dig up my dive log and get you the exact name of the site. If my memory serves me correctly it's a fish (oh shoot, my brain is mush today, what is the word for that? I want to say conservatory or reservation... can't come up with the word, but you can't hunt fish so there are lots of 'em??). We also did some boat dives with a shop called Mike Severns. They were excellent and are really into education, fish ID, etc. I think they do snorkel trips too, so might be work checking them out. We plan to dive with them again when we make it back to Maui.

I hope you do CDA, Roni, but I can really appreciate listening to your body. The more I get into the training the more I respect it, honestly. But whether or you compete, I fully expect you to be there cheering my sorry arse on!!!

(Edited to change the word "mush" from "much," because my mushy brain was having typing problems.)

Edited by kkcbelle 2010-04-01 5:57 PM
2010-04-01 4:40 PM

User image

Master
SSMinnow - 2010-04-01 3:24 PM
Also since I don't have kids to brag about and my racing has been non-existent, can I toot my horn about the man.....he isn't a triathlete or really an athlete at all, but what he does impresses the heck out of me sometimes. Horn tooting over!

VERY COOL!!! Congratulations to you and Paul!! Does that mean you can buy more toys?? (Horrible -- that's my thought whenever my husband mentions "bonus" or "promotion." LOL!! Not that I am a big shopper, mind you, I'm really very frugal and simple.)
2010-04-01 5:16 PM
in reply to: #2762683

User image

Master
Too bad you don't live closer, Suzy. It's birthday month here (both kids, the 9th and 15th) and I am baking cakes/cupcakes every few days, it seems. Already did a caramel cake for son's sleepover. Now doing cupcakes for school tomorrow. Then he gets his choice for his "family birthday." Then I do the same drill for my daughter. Oh, and they both get awakened to a cupcake with a candle in it on their actual birthday and get to have a cupcake in bed. I've done that since their 1st birthday -- it used to surprise them but now they expect it. But your diet that is lower in grains probably wouldn't approve of such decadence, so I'll just help polish off the goodies when that needs to happen.

Thank goodness I exercise a lot!! LOL! My kids too!
2010-04-01 5:31 PM
in reply to: #2763861

User image

Pro
Wherever the trail takes me, WA.
badgerintx - 2010-04-01 2:09 PM
SSMinnow - 2010-04-01 3:24 PM So after my appointment with the kiniseologist yesterday, my mission is to find the correct size shoe.  I have been wearing a 6 in Brooks Adrenaline and recently purchased Asics 2150 in the same size.  I'm at Fleet Feet and they are using their Fit System... I was assuming maybe a 5.5 D so wide......I was slightly less than a 4!  We tried several kids shoes before I ended up with a 5 Asics Guide....how stupid is that? I've been wearing the wrong shoe size for 6 years.

Congrats to Paul!!!! and congrats to you too.  (You know what they say about the woman behind every successful man!)

Oh no.... I can hear John and Trevor coming up with a good one here!!

2010-04-01 5:33 PM
in reply to: #2555972

User image

Pro
Wherever the trail takes me, WA.
Suzy- Congrats to the hubby.  This is great!

To all racing this weekend--- GOOD LUCK!

To others have a great weekend.  I am off to Arizona, and won't be on-line until Tuesday!  Happy Easter!

ps- Ryan has my dog, so if he post anything about running w/ dogs in excess or leaving them out in the rain for hours on end--- Please shoot me an email!

Edited by swbkrun 2010-04-01 5:35 PM
2010-04-01 5:40 PM

Hey so I've finally found the time to tell you a little about me.

I am NOT a hot girl from NW Houston who hangs out at Italian joints prior to working out

I am however a hot guy from SoCal east of LA who has a couple Italian friends who's house I frequent.

I love Jesus, being outside, surfing, hiking, karate, riding motorcycles, exercising, playing guitar, and beautiful things.

Recently I was encouraged to do a sprint and I ended up not doing too bad. I saw the head cheerleader and quarterback from my high school at the tri and i ended up doing better than both. Needless to say I now Love tri-ing.

Although I haven't competed in any other tri's I'm looking to complete an oly this year and a HIM next year.... HOPEFULLY.

I like training but I don't have a schedule that allows for a set program.

I'm hoping that this mentor group will fill the gap created by a lack of work out buddies.

2010-04-01 5:55 PM
in reply to: #2764016

User image

Master
cksurfer - 2010-04-01 5:40 PM Hey so I've finally found the time to tell you a little about me.

I am NOT a hot girl from NW Houston who hangs out at Italian joints prior to working out

I am however a hot guy from SoCal east of LA who has a couple Italian friends who's house I frequent.

I love Jesus, being outside, surfing, hiking, karate, riding motorcycles, exercising, playing guitar, and beautiful things.

Recently I was encouraged to do a sprint and I ended up not doing too bad. I saw the head cheerleader and quarterback from my high school at the tri and i ended up doing better than both. Needless to say I now Love tri-ing.

Although I haven't competed in any other tri's I'm looking to complete an oly this year and a HIM next year.... HOPEFULLY.

I'm hoping that this mentor group will fill the gap created by a lack of work out buddies.

Nice to crush the quarterback and cheerleader both in one race. (Are they *still* an item???!!)

Welcome. We like hot guys. But we're nice to the less hot ones, too.
2010-04-01 6:29 PM

User image

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada
SSMinnow - 2010-04-01 2:24 PM So after my appointment with the kiniseologist yesterday, my mission is to find the correct size shoe.  I have been wearing a 6 in Brooks Adrenaline and recently purchased Asics 2150 in the same size.  I'm at Fleet Feet and they are using their Fit System... I was assuming maybe a 5.5 D so wide......I was slightly less than a 4!  We tried several kids shoes before I ended up with a 5 Asics Guide....how stupid is that? I've been wearing the wrong shoe size for 6 years.

Ver cool Suz. Congrats to the man. Now I won't feel as bad when he offers to buy me a beer!! Wink
2010-04-01 6:30 PM
in reply to: #2764004

User image

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada
swbkrun - 2010-04-01 4:31 PM

Congrats to Paul!!!! and congrats to you too.  (You know what they say about a womans behind)

Waaaaaay to easy Steve. I'll let John reply.

2010-04-01 6:58 PM
in reply to: #2764084

User image

Champion
marietta
TrevorC - 2010-04-01 6:30 PM

Congrats to Paul!!!! and congrats to you too.  (You know what they say about a womans behind)

i'm still stuck on kyla and her hand in her pants.  what do they say about a womans behind? 
2010-04-01 7:01 PM

User image

Champion
marietta
HI ANDY!
2010-04-01 7:28 PM
in reply to: #2764141

User image

Master
fattyfatfat - 2010-04-01 6:58 PM
TrevorC - 2010-04-01 6:30 PM

i'm still stuck on kyla and her hand in her pants.  what do they say about a womans behind? 

Huh? Whuh?? When did I have my hand in my pants? Are my typos catching up with me again? My brain is very, very fuzzy this afternoon (sleeeeeepy).
2010-04-01 7:38 PM
in reply to: #2763861

User image

Champion
Verona WI--Ironman Bike Country!
Uhm, what did you say about my behind? Cool

So to kick off my birthday month, I bought the PT SL+ with the new Joule 2.0.  Inventory is so stinking tight, but someone we know is best buds with the CEO of Saris in Madison so I was able to secure one directly from them.  There is a slim chance I will have it for Lonestar.  Fingers crossed.   For those that have them, are they hard to figure out how to use?

Kyla: did you want my address to send me some cupcakes? I love chocolate and if you fill any those would be great too!

badgerintx - 2010-04-01 4:09 PM

2010-04-01 7:42 PM
in reply to: #2764016

User image

Champion
Hey would it be too much to ask to get your first name?  I would call you hot guy, but John claimed that name for himself!  How about an avatar so we have some sense of your personality?

You will get plenty of motivation and ribbing from this group so brace yourself.  I do a tremendous amount of training on my own too and the cats here are a great source of information and amusement.

PS. I love the you smoked the hot highschool couple. 

cksurfer - 2010-04-01 5:40 PM Hey so I've finally found the time to tell you a little about me.

2010-04-01 7:44 PM
in reply to: #2764145

User image

Champion
fattyfatfat - 2010-04-01 7:01 PM HI ANDY!

Where the heck is Andy?  I am feeling a little ignored.  I inspired him a while ago and never heard from him.  He better still be doing the Sprint or Olympic.  Jarrett and I need some company on Saturday morning!!!!  It's a given the rest of the gang will be sleeping off hangover #1!
2010-04-01 8:10 PM
in reply to: #2764215

User image

Master
Suwanee, Ga.
Hey Guys....and Gals, I have not fallen of the face of the earth.  I finally got my computer back and I am being a very good boy this time around.  Even so the Doc said that one of the titanium plates has pulled through the bone but it is not something he can repair.

I'm trying to read a LOT and stay away from in front of the TV and off the computer for at least most of the day so that my mind doesn't turn to oatmeal....every time I get on BT my pulse goes up and my eyes tear up and I REALLY miss the training I should be doing/wish I was doing right now.

No Augusta 70.3 for me this year but I am going to be at the race to jock-strap/cowbell for all you folks.

Gotta go and finish supper but I just wanted to check in on the MG.....you guys ROCK and I really appreciate the PM's and Inspires...Thanks, as it really makes my day to get them.

Be safe and train hard and 3 weeks from now when I can go back to work and start rehab I am going to jump back in the group with both feet.

Steve
2010-04-01 8:27 PM
in reply to: #2761408

User image

Champion
marietta
kkcbelle - 2010-03-31 7:03 PM
March's totals:
Bike:31h 48m 04s  - 454.51 Mi
Run:17h 52m 54s  - 113.96 Mi
Swim:9h 42m 42s  - 33700 Yd 

Was happy to see the run miles top 100. Whether or not it means squat, it's good for my psyche, which is starting to feel IM-fragile.

Suzy, I hope for your sake the weather gods are incorrect and you get some sunshine for your longer ride. Totally TMI but I'm gonna go there anyway: my cheeks are still complaining about the first pair of shorts I had on for my long trainer ride... I fear I'm screwed no matter which shorts I wear for awhile, and I actually wore chamois butt'r with my jeans/undies today. Scary!! The things we do....  
2010-04-01 8:37 PM
in reply to: #2763983

User image

Master
Horseheads, NY
kkcbelle - 2010-04-01 6:16 PM Too bad you don't live closer, Suzy. It's birthday month here (both kids, the 9th and 15th) and I am baking cakes/cupcakes every few days, it seems. Already did a caramel cake for son's sleepover. Now doing cupcakes for school tomorrow. Then he gets his choice for his "family birthday." Then I do the same drill for my daughter. Oh, and they both get awakened to a cupcake with a candle in it on their actual birthday and get to have a cupcake in bed. I've done that since their 1st birthday -- it used to surprise them but now they expect it. But your diet that is lower in grains probably wouldn't approve of such decadence, so I'll just help polish off the goodies when that needs to happen.

We have plenty of cake here too...today my middle son Tommy turned 8.  He didn't get woken up with a cupcake and candle this morning but by the rest of us sneaking in his room while he was still asleep and screaming happy birthday!  He jumped a bit but enjoyed it.

Crazy busy day at work today and birthday festivities tonight means I haven't done any training today but I will likely be sneaking down on the trainer shortly for a little spin...love those 10pm workouts!
2010-04-01 9:21 PM
in reply to: #2764319

User image

Master
gdale - 2010-04-01 8:37 PM
kkcbelle - 2010-04-01 6:16 PM Too bad you don't live closer, Suzy. It's birthday month here (both kids, the 9th and 15th) and I am baking cakes/cupcakes every few days, it seems. Already did a caramel cake for son's sleepover. Now doing cupcakes for school tomorrow. Then he gets his choice for his "family birthday." Then I do the same drill for my daughter. Oh, and they both get awakened to a cupcake with a candle in it on their actual birthday and get to have a cupcake in bed. I've done that since their 1st birthday -- it used to surprise them but now they expect it. But your diet that is lower in grains probably wouldn't approve of such decadence, so I'll just help polish off the goodies when that needs to happen.

We have plenty of cake here too...today my middle son Tommy turned 8.  He didn't get woken up with a cupcake and candle this morning but by the rest of us sneaking in his room while he was still asleep and screaming happy birthday!  He jumped a bit but enjoyed it.

Crazy busy day at work today and birthday festivities tonight means I haven't done any training today but I will likely be sneaking down on the trainer shortly for a little spin...love those 10pm workouts!

HBD to Tommy!! Love the morning birthday scare tactic!! My daughter will be 8 on the 15th! Such a great age. But aren't they all?

As for 10pm trainer workouts, I bow down to you. That is a discipline that I do not have. Rock on and good on ya!!!

2010-04-01 9:22 PM
in reply to: #2764295

User image

Master
Fatty, would it make you feel better to know that wearing a thong and sweats means no need for chamois butt'r?!! LOL!
2010-04-02 7:19 AM
in reply to: #2764384

User image

Champion
marietta
kkcbelle - 2010-04-01 9:22 PM Fatty, would it make you feel better to know that wearing a thong and sweats means no need for chamois butt'r?!! LOL!

;-)
2010-04-02 7:25 AM
in reply to: #2764256

User image

Champion
marietta
Reno8 - 2010-04-01 8:10 PM Hey Guys....and Gals, I have not fallen of the face of the earth.  I finally got my computer back and I am being a very good boy this time around.  Even so the Doc said that one of the titanium plates has pulled through the bone but it is not something he can repair.

I'm trying to read a LOT and stay away from in front of the TV and off the computer for at least most of the day so that my mind doesn't turn to oatmeal....every time I get on BT my pulse goes up and my eyes tear up and I REALLY miss the training I should be doing/wish I was doing right now.

No Augusta 70.3 for me this year but I am going to be at the race to jock-strap/cowbell for all you folks.

Gotta go and finish supper but I just wanted to check in on the MG.....you guys ROCK and I really appreciate the PM's and Inspires...Thanks, as it really makes my day to get them.

Be safe and train hard and 3 weeks from now when I can go back to work and start rehab I am going to jump back in the group with both feet.

Steve

sorry to hear about the setbacks but glad you're staying positive about it all. tracy and maybe sam are gonna need all the help the can get up in augsta so its good you'll be there still. 
2010-04-02 8:09 AM
in reply to: #2764383

User image

Master
Tosa, WI
kkcbelle - 2010-04-01 9:21 PM  

HBD to Tommy!! Love the morning birthday scare tactic!! My daughter will be 8 on the 15th! Such a great age. But aren't they all?

This is a debatable statement....You just wait until you have teenagers.  Ha, is your life gonna change.

I am "Off" to Florida (Orlando and Naples) later today for the week for Spring Break with the family.  Everybody be safe on the roads and enjoy the week, I know I will!  Hope to get some OWS swims in gulf, along with a couple of long runs with my oldest daughter.  Maybe even hit the spin bike once or twice.  Fortunately, it happens to my recovery week for training, so anything I get in is a bonus. 

Good luck to all you racers this weekend and next weekend.  Make the MG group proud.  

Dino

Edited by badgerintx 2010-04-02 8:09 AM
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SWBKRUN- Miles and Miles ahead!!!! CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 230