BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014--CLOSED (begging & bribes MAY work) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 103

2014-01-15 12:34 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2014--CLOSED (begging & bribes MAY work)

Originally posted by rrrunner

Originally posted by melbo55

I made it to the pool today!  The allure of warm dog snuggles (read: The Enabler(s)) didn't keep it's grasp on me today and I weathered through freezing fog (yeah that was fun) to go to Masters.  I even, at times, 'got' the EVF feeling.  During the one-armed drill both JLC and I were not moving our arms quite right and Elliot explained when/how the catch should start.  I could definitely feel it when I did it right but now it's a matter of retraining the muscle memory to do the new action.  Guess that means I'd better get back to the pool on Friday as long as my ART guru is happy with my hammy tonight.

Good on you for getting up and going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that I am taking the swim clinic my swim sessions are so much more positive and productive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, BTW I made the wasabi meatballs that were mentioned a few pages ago (or was it in the last thread?). They were a hit. I'm not happy with the wasabi I bought though, which is unfortunate because it was pricey.

Mmmm, I've got to try them, they sounded so good when Janyne posted about them.  Glad to hear they went over better than the salmon hash!

2014-01-15 12:59 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Okay, a little rant... 

I have NEVER heard of this shipping method before - EVER - but for the 2 kitty carriers that I ordered off of Amazon, I got a UPS tracking number (yay) which showed that the items made it to Chicago at 6:16am on Monday (more yay).  However, when I checked back later on Monday, the status had been updated to say "As requested by the sender, UPS has transferred this shipment to the local post office for delivery to the final destination".  

Um... What the what??  So, as the customer, I get to see that the items I purchased (and paid shipping for) have arrived in Chicago, but rather than actually delivering the items to my house they're now going to go to what might be the most incompetent government agency to (hopefully) be delivered within the next 48 hours.  Maybe.  If I'm lucky.  And I can't even track the items now that they've been given to the USPS for delivery???  

How does that make ANY sense whatsoever??  GAH!  

/rant... for now.  

2014-01-15 1:04 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Okay, a little rant... 

I have NEVER heard of this shipping method before - EVER - but for the 2 kitty carriers that I ordered off of Amazon, I got a UPS tracking number (yay) which showed that the items made it to Chicago at 6:16am on Monday (more yay).  However, when I checked back later on Monday, the status had been updated to say "As requested by the sender, UPS has transferred this shipment to the local post office for delivery to the final destination".  

Um... What the what??  So, as the customer, I get to see that the items I purchased (and paid shipping for) have arrived in Chicago, but rather than actually delivering the items to my house they're now going to go to what might be the most incompetent government agency to (hopefully) be delivered within the next 48 hours.  Maybe.  If I'm lucky.  And I can't even track the items now that they've been given to the USPS for delivery???  

/rant... for now.  

Some of our Christmas stuff came that way. UPS to USPS. I was a bit bummed that Fedex was not somehow involved, just to complete the trifecta. 

I'm just waiting for Bezos to get his drone operation up and running.

I hope for the sake of the fur covered family member that the backpacks are clean and ready 

2014-01-15 1:08 PM
in reply to: cdban66

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by cdban66

Okay, a little rant... 

/rant... for now.  

Some of our Christmas stuff came that way. UPS to USPS. I was a bit bummed that Fedex was not somehow involved, just to complete the trifecta. 

I hope for the sake of the fur covered family member that the backpacks are clean and ready 

No love for DHL?

I've been getting shipments like this in the past month as well. Can't really remember it happening prior to that.

2014-01-15 1:13 PM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by brigby1

Okay, a little rant... 

/rant... for now.  

No love for DHL?

I've been getting shipments like this in the past month as well. Can't really remember it happening prior to that.

Ah yes, DHL. I believe my last DHL shipment came in a Penske truck. Or Budget, I'm not positive.

Efficiency is the hallmark of, ah never mind.

2014-01-15 1:14 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Okay, a little rant... 

/rant... for now.  

I've had that happen since UPS and the postal service have had that agreement in place.  It doesn't seem to happen that often.  Hopefully the carriers arrive before the v-e-t visit!

2014-01-15 1:24 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Okay, a little rant... 

/rant... for now.  

No love for DHL?

Ah yes, DHL. I believe my last DHL shipment came in a Penske truck. Or Budget, I'm not positive.

I'm expecting one today that started as DHL and was handed over to USPS.  Looks like it's out for delivery. Yay.

It arrived at the local USPS at 9:13 AM and left for delivery at 11:17 AM.

Edited by rrrunner 2014-01-15 1:29 PM
2014-01-15 1:53 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Okay, a little rant... 

/rant... for now.  

No love for DHL?

I'm expecting one today that started as DHL and was handed over to USPS.  Looks like it's out for delivery. Yay.

Wow, so it's not just UPS that has started with this stupidity?  Ugh.  

TJ - how did you get a tracking number for the USPS part of the delivery?  I haven't been given one, nor does it appear that one is available with it being a local delivery.  

This is so much fun!

2014-01-15 1:56 PM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Okay, a little rant... 

/rant... for now.  

No love for DHL?

So does this mean that all of the courier companies have this idiotic agreement in place?  Is this supposed to be the chosen method of survival for USPS considering USPS is losing ridiculous amounts of money every year?  

Yep, feeling juuuuuust a tad frustrated today - how long until the drones are running??   

2014-01-15 2:00 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Okay, a little rant... 

/rant... for now.  

No love for DHL?

TJ - how did you get a tracking number for the USPS part of the delivery?  I haven't been given one, nor does it appear that one is available with it being a local delivery.  

This is so much fun!

Mine was the same as the DHL number, a 22 digit numeric.

2014-01-15 2:03 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Okay, a little rant... 

/rant... for now.  

No love for DHL?

So does this mean that all of the courier companies have this idiotic agreement in place?  Is this supposed to be the chosen method of survival for USPS considering USPS is losing ridiculous amounts of money every year?  

Yep, feeling juuuuuust a tad frustrated today - how long until the drones are running??   

Keep paying USPS, please. That is my Dad's retirement!

2014-01-15 2:15 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Okay, a little rant... 

/rant... for now.  

No love for DHL?

This is so much fun!

Mine was the same as the DHL number, a 22 digit numeric.

Drat - I just tried the UPS shipping number and got nada.   

2014-01-15 2:15 PM
in reply to: QueenZipp

User image

Expert
Troy, MI
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors New Year 2014--OPEN

Originally posted by QueenZipp

Got my JOGO on!!

I thought I would pop by now that I have become a verb again in this thread.   ***HI ALL***

A little birdie told me there was some jogo-ing going on here.    I rode my bike today and it didn't suck that much.   What are the rules of this jogo challenge?   I miss you all.  I may have to read through and catch up.  HI to all the new manatees!!   I can't wait to read your bios and get to know you.  

2014-01-15 2:16 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Okay, a little rant... 

/rant... for now.  

No love for DHL?

it costs less for usps to deliver the package in certain areas, so they turn it over to usps for the "last mile". Just like it costs less for usps to have ups and fedex fly their packages, so if you ship usps your package is probably on another carriers plane. They are all in it together!
2014-01-15 2:18 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Okay, a little rant... 

/rant... for now.  

No love for DHL?

Keep paying USPS, please. That is my Dad's retirement!

Lol - fine, no messing with the retirement!  

2014-01-15 2:19 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by amd723

Okay, a little rant... 

/rant... for now.  

No love for DHL?

it costs less for usps to deliver the package in certain areas, so they turn it over to usps for the "last mile". Just like it costs less for usps to have ups and fedex fly their packages, so if you ship usps your package is probably on another carriers plane. They are all in it together!

They're all in cahoots!!  I call cahoots and shenanigans!  

2014-01-15 2:20 PM
in reply to: jogo

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by jogo

Got my JOGO on!!

I thought I would pop by now that I have become a verb again in this thread.   ***HI ALL***

A little birdie told me there was some jogo-ing going on here.    I rode my bike today and it didn't suck that much.   What are the rules of this jogo challenge?   I miss you all.  I may have to read through and catch up.  HI to all the new manatees!!   I can't wait to read your bios and get to know you.  

Hi Jo!!  Good to see you!!    

2014-01-15 2:21 PM
in reply to: TriAya

User image

Elite
Renton, Washington

After 3 years of it not working I FINALLY sent my garmin back to have it "fixed"  IE just replaced with another refurbished one for $80.  Training for a 15K so I do need something to track my distance..speed is not important lololol.  My phone doesn't cut it, battery dies after an hour which is pants and the GPS isn't all that good on it.  I'm kinda excited about having it back again. I just hope the HR strap still works.

2014-01-15 2:24 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by amd723

Okay, a little rant... 

/rant... for now.  

No love for DHL?

They're all in cahoots!!  I call cahoots and shenanigans!  

Cahoots AND shenanigans! Wow, you are angry
2014-01-15 2:25 PM
in reply to: jogo

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by jogo

Got my JOGO on!!

Welcome Joanne! Great to see you!

Stacey posted the challenge yesterday -- 30 minutes of activity a day for 30 days starting today (January 15-February 13).  You decide what "active" is.  Check in weekly for accountability.

2014-01-15 2:27 PM
in reply to: Triathlynne

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Triathlynne

After 3 years of it not working I FINALLY sent my garmin back to have it "fixed"  IE just replaced with another refurbished one for $80.  Training for a 15K so I do need something to track my distance..speed is not important lololol.  My phone doesn't cut it, battery dies after an hour which is pants and the GPS isn't all that good on it.  I'm kinda excited about having it back again. I just hope the HR strap still works.

Hopefully your replacement Garmin will get to you in a direct fashion that the c*t carriers are getting to Monica!

2014-01-15 2:30 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Orlando
I'm on a phone conference discussing new proposed legislation and I'm bored. Pretty sure I've missed some important discussions playing here, so if you hear of any crazy new laws coming from Florida, the blame may rest here
2014-01-15 2:39 PM

User image

Elite
Renton, Washington

I mailed it USPS.  Got there in less than 48 hours in one piece! I'm impressed!

2014-01-15 2:47 PM
in reply to: Triathlynne

Master
Northern IL

I mailed it USPS.  Got there in less than 48 hours in one piece! I'm impressed!

With tracking updated 3 days after delivery?

2014-01-15 2:49 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by jmkizer

Hopefully your replacement Garmin will get to you in a direct fashion that the c*t carriers are getting to Monica!

GAH - I'd hope that the replacement is getting to her in a much MORE direct fashion than I'm getting the faching c*t carriers! 

Though I only need one right now to take the MFJ to the v-e-t.   

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014--CLOSED (begging & bribes MAY work) Rss Feed  

of 103

RELATED POSTS

McFuzz's New Athlete Group (CLOSED) Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21

Started by McFuzz
Views: 25841 Posts: 509

2014-10-29 11:38 AM McFuzz

Baowolf's New Years Resolution Group-Closed (if are stuck with no group PM me) Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32

Started by Baowolf
Views: 38403 Posts: 779

2014-05-23 8:02 PM Pink Socks

The Other Way - Training by Feeling and Racing to Train - OPEN Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12

Started by pfomalont
Views: 18415 Posts: 299

2014-05-19 7:15 AM marriedthepoolguy

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11078 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2015
author : Team BT
comments : 2
Are you new? Are you starting to train for your first race in 2015? Join a mentor group to get all of your questions answered.

date : December 31, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 2
For most people, there is a story in how they came to the sport as beginners. Some of the most inspiring of those beginner tales begin with health scares.
date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.

date : February 23, 2009
author : mat steinmetz
I will be 20 this summer and am planning on doing Ironman Montreal. This will be my first year of triathlon, can I do this and stay away from injuries?
date : January 10, 2005
author : malvey
Incentives for making and keeping resolutions for your next year.

date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
New Years Resolutions that Last - How to make them and keep them
date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
It’s just so discouraging to know that within a few more weeks those New Years’ Resolutionists are going to quietly disappear.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Ron
The following is my 'new years resolution' for 2003.