BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SWBKRUN fast, furious, and closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 298

2011-11-04 9:07 AM
in reply to: #3822135

User image

Champion
Frisco, TX
Subject: RE: SWBKRUN fast, furious, and closed
sdalessio - 2011-11-04 8:04 AM
fattyfatfat - 2011-11-03 9:27 PM

just got this in an email from jacks teacher.  how should i reply?

edit.  i had to read it 3 times to make sure i was reading it correctly.  i didn't bold the below. 

------------------------

Hi Parents!

Please join us next Friday the 11th of November for the 1st Grades' Annual Nutrition Program.  It will be held in the cafeteria at 8:15 A.M. 

I swear schools are falling in the crapper!  Another mom and I were talking at our kids Halloween celebration as the 2nd graders were given apples, pretzels and celery sticks as their treats.  They all looked at the plates likes what is this sh*t!!!!

Arlington is on big health food kick which I think is fine and I know kids (and adults) are getting plumper by the minute w/ so much junk and processed food but I think society is missing the big picture.  How about stop cutting out PE and recess?  Hummmm!!!  Let our kids run around and exercise.  We were just shaking our heads.

And John I like Linda's idea - caffeinated gels should hit the spot.  :-

I don't think its the food the kids consume, its lack of physical activity.  In our district if its above 94 or below 40 the kids don't get to go outside for recess...  that was so not the case when I was a kid - I remember being out on the playground when there was snow everywhere.  PE is twice a week for 45 minutes.  Lastly, we used to go outside and play for hours - running and biking all around the place, tag, football, you name it.  I don't see that today.  As a matter of fact I remember thinking on Halloween - where did all these kids come from?

2011-11-04 9:30 AM
in reply to: #3822196

User image

Pro
Wherever the trail takes me, WA.
ashort33 - 2011-11-04 6:39 AM
sdalessio - 2011-11-04 7:59 AM
DougRob - 2011-11-04 7:53 AM

I have not done a workout since I finished my Half on saturday. I am waiting until all my skin abrasions are healed. No matter what I will be back at it next week.

In the meantime, I have been back in my woodshop. I am working on a gift for my firend and coach for his 40th birthday. It is triathlon related. I hope to finish it no later than saturday as I have to give it to him that night. I'll take pics and post here when it is done. (And it is not a pen).

I loved my pen!!!!!!!!!!  :-)  Which I still use.

Same here!

X3!!!

2011-11-04 9:36 AM
in reply to: #3434069

User image

Master
Guelph, Ontario

Hi gang. It's been quite awhile since I have been here very much but I have been trying to keep up as best I can. I had a great workout on Tuesday. 1 1/2 hours at the gym running with intervals, rowing and  climbing on a Jacobs ladder.  Later I did an hour of cardio kick and finished off the day with a 1 hr swim with the tri club in town. We are just getting back into swimming for 6 weeks. Then break over Christmas and will start again in January with the spring training.It has been quite nice to do some cross training but now I am starting to get antsy about my triathlon training. Especially if I am going to any long races next year.

I had a great experience on Tuesday when another personal trainer and myself went to one of the local high schools and did a presentation for the schools wrestling teams. It was a lot of fun and the kids were actually interested in what we had to say. Hopefully they'll use some of the information to help them out.

I hope I can contribute a little more to the MG once things settle down a bit.

Good luck to our racers this weekend.

2011-11-04 9:50 AM
in reply to: #3822263

User image

Champion
Verona WI--Ironman Bike Country!

Tobey91 - 2011-11-04 9:04 AM Just ran into John at IM FL. Had a great talk. Really nice to finally meet him in person. For those who haven't met him in person, he is just the same as he is in the MG -- a really good guy with a wicked sense of humor. Looking forward to seeing him tomorrow (I hope, assuming my day goes very well and I get to the chute by 14 hours, when his shift ends).

Totally agree with the wicked part!  Spill it.  What did he say about the group?

2011-11-04 10:19 AM

User image

Elite
Raleigh

Warms my heart that the pens are still in use and cherished!

FWIW: I have two pens to deliver to my firends that raced Kona this year. They do not know the pens are coming. Each one says "Kona 2011" on one side and their time on the other side. "10:20:50" and "11:12:19" The style of pen is different than the ones I made for the MG in that they are one piece pens.

Tobey: depending on John's mood and how much beer he drinks, you might want to finish outside his shift. ;-)

Edited by DougRob 2011-11-04 10:24 AM
2011-11-04 11:45 AM
in reply to: #3822418

User image

Elite
san francisco
SSMinnow - 2011-11-04 7:50 AM

Tobey91 - 2011-11-04 9:04 AM Just ran into John at IM FL. Had a great talk. Really nice to finally meet him in person. For those who haven't met him in person, he is just the same as he is in the MG -- a really good guy with a wicked sense of humor. Looking forward to seeing him tomorrow (I hope, assuming my day goes very well and I get to the chute by 14 hours, when his shift ends).

Totally agree with the wicked part!  Spill it.  What did he say about the group?

Ha! Were your ears ringing? William, wishing you the experience of a lifetime, take a moment in the chute to really revel in your accomplishment....and THEN go ahead and bull rush John for a big hug!

2011-11-04 3:43 PM

User image

Master
Apex, north carolina

Complete ditto to what Sam was saying about schools/food/PE etc.  At our school you don't get recess if you had PE that day, and that is only 2x a week.   Also if a parent brings food to the class it CAN NOT be home made, it must be store bought.   Also they don't have swing sets on the playground b/c they are too dangerous.  Oh, and a girl fell off the money bars and broke her arm so those had to go as well.  Remember the good old days when all playground equipment was made of metal and the skin would peel off your legs when you went down the slide in the summer?  Such happy memories.

Tobey - watch out for John, he likes to smack booties!!!

As far as IM making me slow - to be honest I need to clarify this statement.  I haven't done JACK since Canada so I can't scientifically assess my speed.  I realize I am stronger than before so that can translate into some speed (I hope).  The main area I noticed towards the end of my training was my pop was gone.  I couldn't run a sub 10 minute mile to save my life and my overall average speed while riding had gone down.  I felt like I slipped into Deisel mode; slow to start but was able to progress with steady consistent power once I was moving.  Good for IM but am curious what this will mean for shorter distances.

Doug - my pen is in my purse and gets used at least once a day.  I smile everytime I take it out! Smile

2011-11-04 3:54 PM

User image

Master
Horseheads, NY

OK...these pens sound awfuly good.  Where do we place our order?!?!

2011-11-04 4:23 PM
in reply to: #3822418

User image

Champion
marietta
SSMinnow - 2011-11-04 10:50 AM

What did I say? Only the truth!

awesome to finally meet you to, bro! You look good and ready to throw it down tomorrow!!! Can't wait!!! Ran into the other to racing fools. Got a good picture but it's on my Nikon so can't get it off until I get home. Now if Linda would hurry up and get over here that would be nice!!!

different vibe here then Texas. A lot more laid back. People seem to be a bit more fit. every person isn't riding a 8000 dollar bike. Lots more road bikes than texas... Lots more. It's got a real beach town feel.

Right on Sam! Linda yep. Ranch dressing is my favorite!
2011-11-04 4:29 PM

User image

Master
Almaden Valley, San Jose, California

i need a pen.

back to my taper.

2011-11-04 4:29 PM

User image

Master
Almaden Valley, San Jose, California

i need a pen.

back to my taper.

2011-11-04 4:38 PM
in reply to: #3834169

User image

Champion
fattyfatfat - 2011-11-04 4:23 PM

awesome to finally meet you to, bro! You look good and ready to throw it down tomorrow!!! Can't wait!!! Ran into the other to racing fools. Got a good picture but it's on my Nikon so can't get it off until I get home. Now if Linda would hurry up and get over here that would be nice!!!

different vibe here then Texas. A lot more laid back. People seem to be a bit more fit. every person isn't riding a 8000 dollar bike. Lots more road bikes than texas... Lots more. It's got a real beach town feel. Right on Sam! Linda yep. Ranch dressing is my favorite!

Interesting comment on the road bikes since the course is pancake flat, right?  Wonder why.  Maybe I should come down and give it a whirl.

High five the troops for me.  Best of luck to Barry, William, Chris, my friend Nicole and KathyG!

2011-11-04 5:39 PM
in reply to: #3834193

User image

Elite
san francisco
SSMinnow - 2011-11-04 2:38 PM

different vibe here then Texas. A lot more laid back. People seem to be a bit more fit. every person isn't riding a 8000 dollar bike. Lots more road bikes than texas... Lots more. It's got a real beach town feel. Right on Sam! Linda yep. Ranch dressing is my favorite!

Interesting comment on the road bikes since the course is pancake flat, right?  Wonder why.  Maybe I should come down and give it a whirl.

High five the troops for me.  Best of luck to Barry, William, Chris, my friend Nicole and KathyG!

John, your spelling and grammar are going to send our resident editor into fits if she ever decides to visit the MG today. 

Doug, I think if there are any pens left, Linda could use one, she is going mad in taper, double posting and begging for a pen.  BTW, I use mine here at the office until it runs out of ink and my staff remembers to refill it.  Yes, I am lazy and spoiled that way.

Suzy, if you sign up for IMFL on Monday, you better tell me.  No secrets.  Although, not sure I could handle swimming in 4 foot waves.  Andy, you better hope Suzy didn't see what you posted on Chris's FB re: 4 foot waves. Innocent

Happy Friday everyone!

2011-11-04 6:49 PM

User image

Elite
Raleigh

I honestly do not remember what year I made the pens. I can make more for the MG peeps that do not have one. However, it will be a different style pen as I like making other types now. I will post some pics later tonight or tomorrow.

I have been hard at work on the birthday surprise. I have a scrap of lumber with 4 different finishes on it drying right now. In about 20 minutes I will check on it, select one and begin the final steps! After finishing the individual pieces it is assembly time and then pics! I think it is gonna look cool! Wish I needed to make one for myself, but I do not see that happening. You'll all understand when I post a pic. Laughing 

2011-11-04 7:21 PM
in reply to: #3834298

User image

Champion
DougRob - 2011-11-04 6:49 PM

I honestly do not remember what year I made the pens. I can make more for the MG peeps that do not have one. However, it will be a different style pen as I like making other types now. I will post some pics later tonight or tomorrow.

I have been hard at work on the birthday surprise. I have a scrap of lumber with 4 different finishes on it drying right now. In about 20 minutes I will check on it, select one and begin the final steps! After finishing the individual pieces it is assembly time and then pics! I think it is gonna look cool! Wish I needed to make one for myself, but I do not see that happening. You'll all understand when I post a pic. Laughing 

I am 100% sure i know what it is!

PS. My pen says '09.  I use it all the time too!  Oh and George all the cool kids have one

Edited by SSMinnow 2011-11-04 7:22 PM
2011-11-04 7:26 PM
in reply to: #3834248

User image

Champion
kt65 - 2011-11-04 5:39 PM

John, your spelling and grammar are going to send our resident editor into fits if she ever decides to visit the MG today. 

Doug, I think if there are any pens left, Linda could use one, she is going mad in taper, double posting and begging for a pen.  BTW, I use mine here at the office until it runs out of ink and my staff remembers to refill it.  Yes, I am lazy and spoiled that way.

Suzy, if you sign up for IMFL on Monday, you better tell me.  No secrets.  Although, not sure I could handle swimming in 4 foot waves.  Andy, you better hope Suzy didn't see what you posted on Chris's FB re: 4 foot waves. Innocent

Happy Friday everyone!

Really--no secrets? what happened to your super secret double phantom race? 

Me?  I'll follow your lead and not tell anyone about my schedule other than the main event in September (and only cause the cat is already out of the bag).  Maybe I won't even log workouts anymore--just like Fatty.  All spontaneous, all the time!

2011-11-04 7:51 PM
in reply to: #3834323

User image

Master
Horseheads, NY
SSMinnow - 2011-11-04 8:21 PM

PS. My pen says '09.  I use it all the time too!  Oh and George all the cool kids have one

Some of us don't have the MG age that you do...

2011-11-04 8:00 PM
in reply to: #3834345

User image

Champion
gdale - 2011-11-04 7:51 PM
SSMinnow - 2011-11-04 8:21 PM

Some of us don't have the MG age that you do...

HUH?  Is this some cryptic east coast lingo?

2011-11-04 8:19 PM

User image

Champion
Frisco, TX

Happy Friday everyone!

I LMAO on that one Kim!  Shhhhh....  lets keep that note a secret....
2011-11-04 8:34 PM
in reply to: #3834359

User image

Champion
ashort33 - 2011-11-04 8:19 PM

Happy Friday everyone!

Too late!

2011-11-04 8:42 PM
in reply to: #3834248

User image

Master
kt65 - 2011-11-04 3:39 PM

Happy Friday everyone!

I'll let John wallow in his bad grammar. I don't have a pen. I do have wifi. I do have a hot tub on the back deck that is calling my name after I finish this glass of wine and pour another. I don't have secret races. That's all I got.

2011-11-04 8:55 PM
in reply to: #3834377

User image

Champion
Frisco, TX
SSMinnow - 2011-11-04 8:34 PM
ashort33 - 2011-11-04 8:19 PM

Happy Friday everyone!

Too late!

I got nothing but love for you Suzy...  you know that...  by the way the answer to this morning's question is "Race with the family coming along..."

2011-11-04 9:22 PM

User image

Champion
marietta
Linda is loud!!!! Yes it's true! I love it!!!! Awesome to finally meet her. Tomorrow is going to be blast!!!Lip gloss is not face paint.
2011-11-04 9:25 PM

User image

Master
Silverton, Oregon

Made it to Utah... expecting snow tonight and tomorrow with a high of 39... at least I won't have to worry about overheating.

I was here in 09, but somehow missed a pen. I think I didn't have an address, because of moving around in the RV all the time. I have my mail forwarded to me now though... I would love a pen.

Secret races- I know, the big secret is everyone is coming out to do Rev 3 Portland, right?!? It'll be my comeback race!

2011-11-04 9:28 PM

User image

Master
Silverton, Oregon
Have a fantastic day tomorrow in Florida, racers and groupies!!!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SWBKRUN fast, furious, and closed Rss Feed  

of 298