Other Resources 2023 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Marvelous Manatees - Stronger than Ever! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 33

2023-08-26 5:41 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area
Subject: RE: Marvelous Manatees - Stronger than Ever!

Karen finished the swim in 37:54.

She finished the bike in 3:07

She is currently passed the 5.3k time check on the run.  GO KAREN!

Leanne finished the swim in 55:08.

She finished the bike in 2:52

She finished the run in 1:35. 

She finished the race in 5:17. GO LEANNE!  

2023-08-26 6:15 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by jmkizer

Karen is past the 11.8 mark on the run. GO KAREN! GO!

2023-08-26 6:39 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Karen is past the 15.7k mark. RUN KAREN! RUN!

2023-08-26 6:40 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Leanne finished the swim in 55:08.

She finished the bike in 2:52

She finished the run in 1:35. 

She finished the race in 5:17. GO LEANNE!  

smoking fast ladies!

2023-08-26 6:46 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Karen is past the 15.7k mark. RUN KAREN! RUN!

She at 17.1k now. GO KAREN!

2023-08-26 4:12 PM
in reply to: #5283809

Looks like they both finished with excellent times. Way to go both of you!!!!

2023-08-26 4:13 PM
in reply to: alaskatri

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by alaskatri Looks like they both finished with excellent times. Way to go both of you!!!!

Congratulations!!!

2023-08-28 8:08 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

Originally posted by alaskatri Looks like they both finished with excellent times. Way to go both of you!!!!

Congratulations!!!

WOO HOO!!

Congrats!!
2023-08-28 1:06 PM
in reply to: alaskatri

User image

Pennsylvania

Yes!!  Very impressive and very fast!!  Congratulations Leanne and Karen!

2023-08-30 12:20 PM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Well Oregon is locked in.

There's another $4something down the ironman drain!
2023-08-31 8:23 AM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

Extreme Veteran
Wilmington, NC
Originally posted by mtnbikerchk

Well Oregon is locked in.

There's another $4something down the ironman drain!

I'm tempted. I think I am going to IMNC 70.3 in 2024 again. Hard not too when I live only 4 miles from the start line. I hear Oregon is FAST!!

2023-08-31 8:41 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk Well Oregon is locked in. There's another $4something down the ironman drain!

It's nice to support a multi-million dollar corporation! 

I'm actually interested in seeing what PTO puts out for its races in 2024. Its 100k distance intrigues me.

2023-09-01 5:41 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk Well Oregon is locked in. There's another $4something down the ironman drain!

I'm actually interested in seeing what PTO puts out for its races in 2024. Its 100k distance intrigues me.

Yeah I feel they could really use the support.
2023-09-01 6:30 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

I want to help them so much that I paid for an entry and then didn't use it.

2023-09-01 7:03 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Your finger slipped?

2023-09-01 9:51 PM

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Not so fast, and I'm not sure that impressive either. Bike was a shyte-show from the get-go. But I did finish and get the swag. The swim and run went well. Couldn't post earlier as Mom managed to crash my laptop trying to get the tracker to work. It was my work computer so only our IT at work could re-set it, and he couldn't do it remotely. So we had no computer from Saturday to Wednesday. We left Helsinki very early Tuesday, got back at midnight (1 AM to the house) and I had to be back at work Wednesday at 8 AM. School starts next Thursday. So this week's been a bit of a blur!

Anyway, thanks for all the remote cheering! I was actually imagining at times what you would be saying as you tracked me, while I rode and ran. Not sure why---my brain is pretty random sometimes in long races. Race report is up!

I think there should be an award for post-race activity--if you read the report you will see that I deserve it. This was one of those races where the swim start, T1, and T2 are all in different places. Mom decided she couldn't navigate it solo, so on race day I was doing it all without a sherpa, on a very tight time limit. It was almost as hard as the race!

2023-09-04 4:11 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

Extreme Veteran
Wilmington, NC
Originally posted by Hot Runner

Not so fast, and I'm not sure that impressive either. Bike was a shyte-show from the get-go. But I did finish and get the swag. The swim and run went well. Couldn't post earlier as Mom managed to crash my laptop trying to get the tracker to work. It was my work computer so only our IT at work could re-set it, and he couldn't do it remotely. So we had no computer from Saturday to Wednesday. We left Helsinki very early Tuesday, got back at midnight (1 AM to the house) and I had to be back at work Wednesday at 8 AM. School starts next Thursday. So this week's been a bit of a blur!

Anyway, thanks for all the remote cheering! I was actually imagining at times what you would be saying as you tracked me, while I rode and ran. Not sure why---my brain is pretty random sometimes in long races. Race report is up!

I think there should be an award for post-race activity--if you read the report you will see that I deserve it. This was one of those races where the swim start, T1, and T2 are all in different places. Mom decided she couldn't navigate it solo, so on race day I was doing it all without a sherpa, on a very tight time limit. It was almost as hard as the race!

I loved reading your race report. I need to do one soon while it's still fresh in my head!

Congrats!!
2023-09-05 7:29 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

I want to help them so much that I paid for an entry and then didn't use it.

I've done that before too
2023-09-05 1:57 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Hot Runner Not so fast, and I'm not sure that impressive either. Bike was a shyte-show from the get-go. But I did finish and get the swag. The swim and run went well. Couldn't post earlier as Mom managed to crash my laptop trying to get the tracker to work. It was my work computer so only our IT at work could re-set it, and he couldn't do it remotely. So we had no computer from Saturday to Wednesday. We left Helsinki very early Tuesday, got back at midnight (1 AM to the house) and I had to be back at work Wednesday at 8 AM. School starts next Thursday. So this week's been a bit of a blur! Anyway, thanks for all the remote cheering! I was actually imagining at times what you would be saying as you tracked me, while I rode and ran. Not sure why---my brain is pretty random sometimes in long races. Race report is up! I think there should be an award for post-race activity--if you read the report you will see that I deserve it. This was one of those races where the swim start, T1, and T2 are all in different places. Mom decided she couldn't navigate it solo, so on race day I was doing it all without a sherpa, on a very tight time limit. It was almost as hard as the race!

I think that you are being to hard on yourself. Getting there was quite an accomplishment.

2023-09-05 9:23 PM

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Getting there this time was a bit of a fluke, to be honest. I wasn't amazingly fit last summer, but "just happened" to pick an under-attended race with extremely tough conditions that are kind of my speciality--altitude, brutal climbs on the bike, and a very hot run. (The username isn't random LOL.) Okay, maybe I picked it on purpose for that reason.....although you never know who all will show up at an event.

Just very unhappy with the bike and its effect on my race. I have been working on biking so hard for so long, and it doesn't seem to translate into consistently improved race performance. It just seems to me like with all that work, there should be more improvement in race performance on the bike, at least relative to my own ability and my age group. Not sure if I need a better bike, better position, a better body, or what!
2023-09-06 8:00 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Random question - Do any of you use T-Mobile for cell service? I have Verizon but am thinking of switching b/c it is so much less expensive! Verizon's network is bigger than T-Mobile so I'm curious whether anyone with it TM has issues with connection.

On another random topic - I think this is the quietest this group has ever been! I just noticed that the Beer Drinkers group has almost 2x as many pages. That has to be a first.  

2023-09-06 8:04 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Hot Runner Getting there this time was a bit of a fluke, to be honest. I wasn't amazingly fit last summer, but "just happened" to pick an under-attended race with extremely tough conditions that are kind of my speciality--altitude, brutal climbs on the bike, and a very hot run. (The username isn't random LOL.) Okay, maybe I picked it on purpose for that reason.....although you never know who all will show up at an event. Just very unhappy with the bike and its effect on my race. I have been working on biking so hard for so long, and it doesn't seem to translate into consistently improved race performance. It just seems to me like with all that work, there should be more improvement in race performance on the bike, at least relative to my own ability and my age group. Not sure if I need a better bike, better position, a better body, or what!

I'm sorry that you are unhappy with how your race played out. That's certainly happened to me and probably to all of us. I do not think that it was a fluke that you went to worlds -- I mean, you're a "repeat offender" at worlds!  We're proud of you and proud that you are a Manatee.

2023-09-06 8:16 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Random question - Do any of you use T-Mobile for cell service? I have Verizon but am thinking of switching b/c it is so much less expensive! Verizon's network is bigger than T-Mobile so I'm curious whether anyone with it TM has issues with connection.

On another random topic - I think this is the quietest this group has ever been! I just noticed that the Beer Drinkers group has almost 2x as many pages. That has to be a first.  

Just over a year ago I changed from Verizon to Mint (T-Mobile network and now owned by T-Mobile).  I am paying less that 1/3 the price and getting better coverage both in the Raleigh area and in WNC.  I would not hesitate to change to a T-Mobile based network.  You may want to check your local reddit (OK, I looked, they seem to complain about all carriers!)

One thing with Mint in particular is to make sure that your phone has lots of network bands. For example, I think that it's important to have 71 on T-Mobile but 66 on Verizon for LTE.  I think that you have an iPhone so that should not be an issue but I wanted to put that out there for anyone else that might be considering a change.

2023-09-06 8:29 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Just over a year ago I changed from Verizon to Mint (T-Mobile network and now owned by T-Mobile).  I am paying less that 1/3 the price and getting better coverage both in the Raleigh area and in WNC.  I would not hesitate to change to a T-Mobile based network.  You may want to check your local reddit (OK, I looked, they seem to complain about all carriers!)

One thing with Mint in particular is to make sure that your phone has lots of network bands. For example, I think that it's important to have 71 on T-Mobile but 66 on Verizon for LTE.  I think that you have an iPhone so that should not be an issue but I wanted to put that out there for anyone else that might be considering a change.

One reason I've kept Verizon so long is b/c it is better in WNC - especially in the Bryson City area, but I am hoping  the gap has closed enough that it isn't that noticeable, especially since I am only up there a couple of times a year now.  Your results are encouraging. I think I'll make the switch, but perhaps after Apple has its big new product announcement this month so I maybe able to score a free I-Phone 15

2023-09-06 8:37 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

One reason I've kept Verizon so long is b/c it is better in WNC - especially in the Bryson City area, but I am hoping  the gap has closed enough that it isn't that noticeable, especially since I am only up there a couple of times a year now.  Your results are encouraging. I think I'll make the switch, but perhaps after Apple has its big new product announcement this month so I maybe able to score a free I-Phone 15

Verizon used to be the way to go in WNC but notsomuch now -- at least not in the Asheville area.

New Thread
Other Resources 2023 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Marvelous Manatees - Stronger than Ever! Rss Feed  

of 33