BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 100

2015-01-09 5:36 AM
in reply to: fortissimo

User image

Master
Orlando
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?)

Originally posted by fortissimo
Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by jmkizer

Hope all the Manatees are keeping warm today (except Stacey who we know is roasting)!  It was in the 30*s in Orlando this morning and with wind chill upper 20*s.  It took me forever to get bundled up for my run!  

Must be Disney marathon weekend!

Stacey sent Phil to Indianapolis so that he can get a taste of winter on her behalf. ;-)

blahblahblah bundled up blahblah.  High today in the 20s.  Not exactly our average high temperature of 51.  Heck, our high temperature today is lower than our normal low temperature for January (30).

It is Disney marathon weekend.  Started today with the 5k in feels like the 20s weather, the 10 k Friday will be in the 40s, HM Saturday upper 40's to start/60's at the end and the marathon Sunday 50s into the 70s.  I know the marathon people wish the pattern was reversed!  I also know a number of people doing all 4 races (the Dopey challenge).  I think they are all nuts!!

Wait! You are at my favorite place in the entire world right now??? Will you please eat a Mickey Ice Cream Bar for me? Have an amazing time!

oh hell no, i am not at Disney! i live in Orlando and haven't been on Disney property in probably 4 years (the last time i did a Disney race)!! 

ETA:  but thanks for wishing me a good time!  

:rofl: Can you break your streak and go visit one of the parks so you can eat a Mickey Bar for me, please?

hahahah. no!

2015-01-09 6:46 AM
in reply to: fortissimo

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Wait! You are at my favorite place in the entire world right now??? Will you please eat a Mickey Ice Cream Bar for me? Have an amazing time!

We were there in December for the Christmas Processional, amongst other things. Whilst there we had our new favorite Disney food, the Sleepy Hollow Spicy and Sweet Chicken Waffle:

Also, for Ice Cream, hit the Main Street Ice Cream Parlor for one of these babies:

It is best eaten at the end of the day with someone special at the street corner tables as strollers full of bedraggled princesses are wheeled out of the park by even more bedraggled parents. 

BTW, let me know when the Manatee Mickey Marathon Meetup will be held and I will personally purchase each Manatee and SO a beer on one of the evenings. 

Here is a selfie test (I have not mastered the art of the selfie) from our trip:

2015-01-09 6:53 AM
in reply to: glfprncs

User image

Katy, Texas
Originally posted by glfprncs

A day of blessings:

1. I ran 4 miles at a 9:35 pace. For a 10:30-11:30 min/miler, I'm AMAZED! I'm sure the cold for SC weather helped.

2. My husband, who is a professional caddie, met his new boss for this season. We're excited about the possibilities for a good year.

1. AWESOME!

2. Care to share who the golfer is so we can root for him and your husband?
2015-01-09 7:01 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Katy, Texas
Originally posted by cdban66

Here is a selfie test (I have not mastered the art of the selfie)

2015-01-09 7:10 AM
in reply to: Jet Black

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by Jet Black
Originally posted by cdban66 Here is a selfie test (I have not mastered the art of the selfie)

How true it is! I think I've taken a half dozen in my life and I just know better. Thanks for the reminder 

2015-01-09 7:21 AM

User image

Katy, Texas

How true it is! I think I've taken a half dozen in my life and I just know better. Thanks for the reminder 

You get a pass on that one since you're wife is in it, haha. Maybe we can have a weekly awkward selfie contest for giggles.

2015-01-09 7:21 AM

User image

Melon Presser

Originally posted by cdban66 Here is a selfie test (I have not mastered the art of the selfie)

HAHAHAHA

Well

At least Ann is hot no matter what

2015-01-09 7:23 AM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Melon Presser

Double HAHAHAHA

Sean (uh ... that is your name, isn't it? See ... that's why I nickname everyone ) and I essentially just said the same thing

2015-01-09 7:26 AM

User image

Melon Presser

You get a pass on that one since you're wife is in it, haha. Maybe we can have a weekly awkward selfie contest for giggles.

I should talk. I just posted a kitfie (selfie + cat) that reveals all the glory of my nostrils

2015-01-09 7:33 AM

User image

Chatham Ontario
Happy frozen to the bone Friday morning.

Stupid cold weather and massive wind Heat was out at work again. It was 48 Degrees F when I walked in this morning. I guess not bad considering it was -4 Degrees F out this morning. Plus the damn wind. It blew the snow under my screen door and I had snow half way up my inside door this morning. BRRRRR.

Well this group and the challenge seem to be holding me accountable. Rough day at work yesterday and I was exhausted when I finally got home. Everything blew up yesterday. Hydraulic pumps. Robot circuit boards. Operators going home sick etc etc,. I picked my butt up off the couch at 6 pm shortly after I put my butt on it and did a 45 min interval spin in the basement on the tri bike. It SAAAAUCKED. But I got it done.

Thanks for the guilt of commitment LOL

Sorry I did take a picture of aerobars and computer and put it on facebook but no Duck Faced Selfie.

2015-01-09 7:41 AM

User image

Katy, Texas
And as far as training goes, I'm wiped! Looking forward to the scheduled day off tomorrow. Although I will be doing plenty of 12oz biceps curls.

2015-01-09 7:48 AM

User image

Melon Presser

OK, I really meant to post something relevant (not that selfies and especially not cute pets are irrelevant) ...

Quick Yanti update.

- cleared to train with elbow. Have VERY cautiously been working the R arm back into swimming and extremely easy stuff like downward dog and such in yoga. The shoulder actually hurts more than the elbow now; I think it's picked up a lot of slack and I'm still making it do a lot of the work since my R arm is still significantly weaker. So I'll continue to be careful.

- for the first time since IMWA I can see my entire R knee area and it is actually knee-shaped and covered in skin

- after eating enormous amounts of red meat (lean, range, quality ... OK, kangaroo) with vit C source in Australia, the anemia+iron deficiency part of last year's health struggles has finally punched through the ceiling into normal range. I realize this means "absence of disease" range and not necessarily optimal-for-athlete-health range, but I'll take it. The various thyroid values and ratios continue on their ever-slow crawl and they're almost good too.

- this may seem counterintuitive but I've been eating plant-based (except for yogurt, GI much needs) since Christmas and I feel great and weigh less. This is probably more due to really being in control of my nutrition and making sure it has quality everything and enough than anything else, and I'm optimistic that the various metrics will hold steady and maybe even improve.

- I've gotten back into running with the BarryP 3-2-1 program, which means last week my shortest run was 7.5min and this week it's 10 (with long run at 30). So amidst all the Sturm und Drang, plenty of us are starting small, somewhere. Big T.I.T.S. = good too. I'm more interested in sustainable accrued consistency than anything else.

2015-01-09 7:49 AM
in reply to: Techdiver

User image

Katy, Texas
Originally posted by Techdiver

Happy frozen to the bone Friday morning.

Stupid cold weather and massive wind Heat was out at work again. It was 48 Degrees F when I walked in this morning. I guess not bad considering it was -4 Degrees F out this morning. Plus the damn wind. It blew the snow under my screen door and I had snow half way up my inside door this morning. BRRRRR.

Well this group and the challenge seem to be holding me accountable. Rough day at work yesterday and I was exhausted when I finally got home. Everything blew up yesterday. Hydraulic pumps. Robot circuit boards. Operators going home sick etc etc,. I picked my butt up off the couch at 6 pm shortly after I put my butt on it and did a 45 min interval spin in the basement on the tri bike. It SAAAAUCKED. But I got it done.

Thanks for the guilt of commitment LOL

Sorry I did take a picture of aerobars and computer and put it on facebook but no Duck Faced Selfie.

2015-01-09 7:54 AM

User image

Katy, Texas
Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

I should talk. I just posted a kitfie (selfie + cat) that reveals all the glory of my nostrils

Selfie instructions only apply to men, lol. And tell the cat to look at the camera, not the screen! Ahahahaha! (and yes, I'm Sean. guess I should figure out the signature thing)
2015-01-09 7:57 AM

User image

Expert
Next to a big lake

Cute, but be careful, he may like that spot. and always be there, even when doing dishes.
2015-01-09 8:06 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Hope all the Manatees are keeping warm today (except Stacey who we know is roasting)!  It was in the 30*s in Orlando this morning and with wind chill upper 20*s.  It took me forever to get bundled up for my run!  

Must be Disney marathon weekend!

Stacey sent Phil to Indianapolis so that he can get a taste of winter on her behalf. ;-)

blahblahblah bundled up blahblah.  High today in the 20s.  Not exactly our average high temperature of 51.  Heck, our high temperature today is lower than our normal low temperature for January (30).

It is Disney marathon weekend.  Started today with the 5k in feels like the 20s weather, the 10 k Friday will be in the 40s, HM Saturday upper 40's to start/60's at the end and the marathon Sunday 50s into the 70s.  I know the marathon people wish the pattern was reversed!  I also know a number of people doing all 4 races (the Dopey challenge).  I think they are all nuts!!

oh hell no, i am not at Disney! i live in Orlando and haven't been on Disney property in probably 4 years (the last time i did a Disney race)!! 

ETA:  but thanks for wishing me a good time!  

:rofl: Can you break your streak and go visit one of the parks so you can eat a Mickey Bar for me, please?

hahahah. no!

A better strategy would be to send Chris and TW.

2015-01-09 8:08 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Jet Black And as far as training goes, I'm wiped! Looking forward to the scheduled day off tomorrow. Although I will be doing plenty of 12oz biceps curls.

I wonder if Mary will let you count those???

2015-01-09 8:43 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by Jet Black And as far as training goes, I'm wiped! Looking forward to the scheduled day off tomorrow. Although I will be doing plenty of 12oz biceps curls.

AH, the ever popular Friday evening workout. Mine should start around 4:15 today, which can not come soon enough. So far this morning I've had core system issues, file import issues, file export issues, and SharePoint permission problems, just to name a few. And all my research into these issues points to the same department. Now to go fix these messes.

ARGH! Janyne, when are you moving to Florida???? I need some IT PROFESSIONALS!!! These amateurs couldn't spell cat if I started them off with a "C" and an "A".

OK, I'm done ranting, thanks for that.

2015-01-09 9:03 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!

A listing of Manatee Races, Rides and Runs and other events

January 10-11
Matt MS -  Mississippi Blues Marathon Quarternote (6.7 miles) on Saturday

Disabled List
Mary - knee
Matt TX - Achilles
TJ - under the weather

Thinking of Melanie's father as he begins his chemotherapy treatment.

Salty Manatee Month of Motivational Mayhem Challenge participants, keep it up!  Mary reports:

• 100% - 16 people
  • 87.5% - 5 people
2015-01-09 9:09 AM

User image

Denver, CO

Well, I did count Troy's Monday workout: "Vacuum cleaner lat pulls, Recycling bin clean and jerk, Laundry lunges, Dang I forgot that shuttle runs up and down stairs (alot of this), dishwasher load and unload (curls and extensions)."  Figured he got credit for creativity at the very least and housecleaning IS hard work.

2015-01-09 9:13 AM

User image

Denver, CO

And what lovely nostrils they are.  Hope Smoky's new perch doesn't turn into a pierce-fest if you move suddenly.  You're having enough problems with that shoulder.  Maybe you should put him on the other side so you don't mess up your left side compensating for the weight imbalance now that he's getting so big.

Glad to hear that the rest of your health issues are gradually getting resolved.  A (mild) decrease in stress could be helping too, now that the umpteen weddings are mostly over, Mutti is safely back in Jakarta and you're having to spend your time taking care of a mini-tiger instead of getting into other trouble. 

2015-01-09 9:23 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Chatham Ontario
Love the Tiger Woods.. Made my day.

Edited by Techdiver 2015-01-09 9:24 AM
2015-01-09 9:26 AM

User image

Denver, CO

Racing Manatees!

January 10-11

Disabled List
Mary - knee
Matt TX - Achilles
TJ - under the weather

Salty Manatee Month of Motivational Mayhem Challenge participants, keep it up!  Mary reports:

• 100% - 16 people
  • 87.5% - 5 people

GOOOOOOOOOOO, MATT MS!!!  Just realized how easy it would be to change that to Ms. Matt but I won't.   As an amateur musician, I love the name of that race.  Enjoy the "rest" at the end!  (For the record, orange makes you faster.  I don't know why, it's just a Manatee truism.  Maybe Matt TX has an explanation.)

Heal up, DL'ers.  This list is too long.

(((((Hugs))))) to Melanie and her dad.

TGIF after the first 5-day work week in a while.  Brutal, wasn't it?  (Sorry, Darren.  I know it's not your Friday.)  I have a busy weekend: choir practice, swim assessment, run assessment, coaching group open house on Saturday, helping Dad declutter/organize on Sunday.  And watching the Broncos take on the Colts in the playoffs.  Go Broncos!!

2015-01-09 9:34 AM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Racing Manatees!

January 10-11

Disabled List
Mary - knee
Matt TX - Achilles
TJ - under the weather

• 100% - 16 people
  • 87.5% - 5 people

GOOOOO MATT, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Heal up DLers, Thoughts are with Mel & her dad, and GREAT WORK by those taking part in the SMMMMC (Smmmmack?) challenge!  

2015-01-09 9:38 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Racing Manatees!

January 10-11

Disabled List
Mary - knee
Matt TX - Achilles
TJ - under the weather

• 100% - 16 people
  • 87.5% - 5 people

Go Matt MS, Go!!

DLers, you know what you have to do!!

Challenge peeps, we are rocking it the first 8 days .  Hope we can keep it up for the remaining 23!! (someone please check my math )

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  

of 100

RELATED POSTS

Gray Guys/Girls Master's Focus Triathlon Mentor Group--CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52

Started by lutzman
Views: 55403 Posts: 1284

2016-01-02 4:01 PM lutzman

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 26 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.