Other Resources 2023 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Marvelous Manatees - Stronger than Ever! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 33

2023-09-06 9:11 AM
in reply to: #5286602

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.
Subject: RE: Marvelous Manatees - Stronger than Ever!
Hey all. Quick check in after my holiday.

I didnt do as much touristy things in rome as I hoped due to it being 38 deg c out there whilst we were there. To that end, my foot did have a lot of rest, with only one minor flair up while out there.

It's been a week since my return and have been at work since. My foot has started playing up again. Enough for me to be walking with a limp when it's not warmed up. To that end, I've ordered some new work shoes in the hope that they are the culprit .

I was off yesterday, so tried to take loki out for a jog/walk today. Only for sub 3 miles and 50:50 jog/walk.
I even dug out my Hokas. Still feel too tight for my feet, even a size up from my normal size. It was fine, I did feel some pressure toward the end in my forefoot pads.

2023-09-06 10:20 AM
in reply to: Richardsdrr

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Richardsdrr Hey all. Quick check in after my holiday. I didnt do as much touristy things in rome as I hoped due to it being 38 deg c out there whilst we were there. To that end, my foot did have a lot of rest, with only one minor flair up while out there. It's been a week since my return and have been at work since. My foot has started playing up again. Enough for me to be walking with a limp when it's not warmed up. To that end, I've ordered some new work shoes in the hope that they are the culprit . I was off yesterday, so tried to take loki out for a jog/walk today. Only for sub 3 miles and 50:50 jog/walk. I even dug out my Hokas. Still feel too tight for my feet, even a size up from my normal size. It was fine, I did feel some pressure toward the end in my forefoot pads.

Thanks for the update!  Yes, 38C/100F is *hot* -- maybe not Florida hot but still.  Plus your foot needed the R&R.  I hope that your trip to Rome was a success nonetheless.

Hopefully the change of work shoes will help.  It sounds like despite the Hokas being a bit tight, that was the right choice for the adventure with Loki.

2023-09-06 3:34 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by Richardsdrr Hey all. Quick check in after my holiday. I didnt do as much touristy things in rome as I hoped due to it being 38 deg c out there whilst we were there. To that end, my foot did have a lot of rest, with only one minor flair up while out there. It's been a week since my return and have been at work since. My foot has started playing up again. Enough for me to be walking with a limp when it's not warmed up. To that end, I've ordered some new work shoes in the hope that they are the culprit . I was off yesterday, so tried to take loki out for a jog/walk today. Only for sub 3 miles and 50:50 jog/walk. I even dug out my Hokas. Still feel too tight for my feet, even a size up from my normal size. It was fine, I did feel some pressure toward the end in my forefoot pads.

Thanks for the update!  Yes, 38C/100F is *hot* -- maybe not Florida hot but still.  Plus your foot needed the R&R.  I hope that your trip to Rome was a success nonetheless.

Hopefully the change of work shoes will help.  It sounds like despite the Hokas being a bit tight, that was the right choice for the adventure with Loki.

Hopefully the temps in Rome cool off (not Michigan Cool off) a little in the next week. 80 is my hot 100 is my melt like Frosty the Snowman.

Edited by JBacarella 2023-09-06 3:34 PM
2023-09-10 11:07 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
https://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid...

Here it is. Another rough day. Achilles acted up, which made everything else off. navigation was horrible. I was slow.

At least I didn't throw up :

Edited by JBacarella 2023-09-10 11:08 AM
2023-09-10 5:43 PM
in reply to: JBacarella

Extreme Veteran
Wilmington, NC
Originally posted by JBacarella

https://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid...

Here it is. Another rough day. Achilles acted up, which made everything else off. navigation was horrible. I was slow.

At least I didn't throw up :

Way to go Jim!

I did an Olympic this weekend too. It was HOT!! The water temp was 76 and some people chose to swim in a wet suit but overheated. I used a skin suit (borrowed) for the first time and it was perfect.

How's the foot today?
2023-09-11 7:50 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by JBacarella https://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid... Here it is. Another rough day. Achilles acted up, which made everything else off. navigation was horrible. I was slow. At least I didn't throw up :

Oh no!  I'm sorry about the Achilles :-(

2023-09-11 8:12 AM
in reply to: canadarn2001

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by canadarn2001
Originally posted by JBacarella https://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid... Here it is. Another rough day. Achilles acted up, which made everything else off. navigation was horrible. I was slow. At least I didn't throw up :
Way to go Jim! I did an Olympic this weekend too. It was HOT!! The water temp was 76 and some people chose to swim in a wet suit but overheated. I used a skin suit (borrowed) for the first time and it was perfect. How's the foot today?

Did you do White Lake last weekend?  How did it go?

2023-09-12 2:03 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Oh no, very sorry to hear about your Achilles, they are so tricky to heal.

2023-09-12 2:05 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by melbo55

Oh no, very sorry to hear about your Achilles, they are so tricky to heal.

It's good that he has a doctor on call!

2023-09-13 6:48 AM
in reply to: #5283809

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.
Sorry to hear about the heel->hip->knee saga.

Anyone know why my bike(trainerroad) uploads are not showing in beginner tri? They're uploading to strata and garmin connect.
2023-09-13 7:01 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Richardsdrr Sorry to hear about the heel->hip->knee saga. Anyone know why my bike(trainerroad) uploads are not showing in beginner tri? They're uploading to strata and garmin connect.

Garmin does not forward non-Garmin workouts (so no TR or Zwift are sent on to BT or anywhere else) and Strava does not connect to BT (unfortunately).  It's ye old download and import for TR unless you want to do battle with FitnessSyncer.

2023-09-13 11:48 AM

Originally posted by Richardsdrr

Sorry to hear about the heel->hip->knee saga.

Anyone know why my bike(trainerroad) uploads are not showing in beginner tri? They're uploading to strata and garmin connect.

I've had decent luck with FitnessSyncer. Every now and then the numbers are a little wonky, and sometimes I'll figure out it didn't work for several days pending an update. But I think it's the only option for getting things to transfer all the way through the various platforms.
2023-09-14 3:26 PM
in reply to: #5286806

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.
Thanks, yeah, that rings a bell now. I think it was recording before I went on holiday because I was dual recording (garmin and trainer road) and deleting one of them.

I am signed up to a sync service, can't remember which one, where I paid a one off fee. It used to be one that we used on here a few years ago but .y memory is so poor I can't remember yesterday most of the time.
2023-09-15 6:43 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Richardsdrr Thanks, yeah, that rings a bell now. I think it was recording before I went on holiday because I was dual recording (garmin and trainer road) and deleting one of them. I am signed up to a sync service, can't remember which one, where I paid a one off fee. It used to be one that we used on here a few years ago but .y memory is so poor I can't remember yesterday most of the time.

That may have been tapirik (appears to be dead now).  FitnessSyncer is OK itself, just slow -- like a day behind slow. If that does not bug you, it's a good service.  In fairness, I use FitnessSyncer with another service and it's a lot better which leads me to believe that the issue may be on the BT side.

2023-09-15 6:43 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Is anyone else racing or doing anything else fun this weekend?

2023-09-15 7:30 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Just a regular weekend for me.

2023-09-15 8:13 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by amd723

Pizza Sunday is on then?

2023-09-15 12:26 PM
in reply to: #5286827

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.
I'm OK with it syncing ti connect and strava if we don't need to upload here. I suppose if anyone wanted to they could see my activities on strava.
2023-09-15 5:17 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by amd723

Pizza Sunday is on then?

THe pizza Sunday extravaganza is a monthly event! If we ever get a break from the surface of the sun weather, it's possible it will be 2x/month.

2023-09-16 3:52 PM

Extreme Veteran
Wilmington, NC

I did REACH the BEACH 100 mile bike ride. Great weather, super fun!
2023-09-16 4:56 PM

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Sounds fun. I might do a century ride next weekend--the Blackberry Bramble. I thought I had to miss it as it was originally scheduled for August 23, but returned to find out it was postponed a month due to poor air quality from the wildfires. So I guess something good has come of them....

40 mile ride on one of my favorite routes today, and hoping to watch some good track and field tomorrow at the Pre Classic (last meet of Diamond League track and field, here in Eugene). Through kind of a random stroke of luck, I was gifted a one-day ticket to the meet. Yes, I live in the the so-called "Running Capital of the World" but I've actually been to maybe two track meets in two decades.

2023-09-17 5:58 PM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Well, if one only attends two track meets in as many decades, that was a great one to go to! I got to see the women's 5000m record fall by 5 seconds (by an Ethiopian whose name I can't pronounce or spell, but she's an awesome runner!), as well as Jakob Ingebritsen (probably spelled wrong) break the 3000m men's world record in an exceedingly dramatic finish--he was neck and neck with an Ethiopian runner, dove at the finish line, and ended up sprawled all over the track, winning by 0.01 seconds. Imagine--losing the race, and the world record, by that. Possibly I may have made a small contribution--I find the guy kind of full of himself, and was cheering wholeheartedly for "Team Ethiopia" each time he came past down the backstretch. A Swedish guy also broke the world record (I think his own) in the pole vault on his final vault. Eugene's track fans were in great form.

And it's certainly not the rickety, often flooded old Hayward Field of my collegiate running days. I brought my thickest hoodie, because in the old days the stands were all wooden seats with no backs and that's what you sat on. It's not like that anymore. And that's by far the least of it. OMG.
2023-09-18 6:32 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by canadarn2001

I did REACH the BEACH 100 mile bike ride. Great weather, super fun!

Woo hoo!  I'm glad to hear it!

2023-09-18 6:44 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Hot Runner Well, if one only attends two track meets in as many decades, that was a great one to go to! I got to see the women's 5000m record fall by 5 seconds (by an Ethiopian whose name I can't pronounce or spell, but she's an awesome runner!), as well as Jakob Ingebritsen (probably spelled wrong) break the 3000m men's world record in an exceedingly dramatic finish--he was neck and neck with an Ethiopian runner, dove at the finish line, and ended up sprawled all over the track, winning by 0.01 seconds. Imagine--losing the race, and the world record, by that. Possibly I may have made a small contribution--I find the guy kind of full of himself, and was cheering wholeheartedly for "Team Ethiopia" each time he came past down the backstretch. A Swedish guy also broke the world record (I think his own) in the pole vault on his final vault. Eugene's track fans were in great form. And it's certainly not the rickety, often flooded old Hayward Field of my collegiate running days. I brought my thickest hoodie, because in the old days the stands were all wooden seats with no backs and that's what you sat on. It's not like that anymore. And that's by far the least of it. OMG.

Oh my gosh! That sounds like an amazing event to attend!

2023-09-18 7:38 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by Hot Runner Well, if one only attends two track meets in as many decades, that was a great one to go to! I got to see the women's 5000m record fall by 5 seconds (by an Ethiopian whose name I can't pronounce or spell, but she's an awesome runner!), as well as Jakob Ingebritsen (probably spelled wrong) break the 3000m men's world record in an exceedingly dramatic finish--he was neck and neck with an Ethiopian runner, dove at the finish line, and ended up sprawled all over the track, winning by 0.01 seconds. Imagine--losing the race, and the world record, by that. Possibly I may have made a small contribution--I find the guy kind of full of himself, and was cheering wholeheartedly for "Team Ethiopia" each time he came past down the backstretch. A Swedish guy also broke the world record (I think his own) in the pole vault on his final vault. Eugene's track fans were in great form. And it's certainly not the rickety, often flooded old Hayward Field of my collegiate running days. I brought my thickest hoodie, because in the old days the stands were all wooden seats with no backs and that's what you sat on. It's not like that anymore. And that's by far the least of it. OMG.

Oh my gosh! That sounds like an amazing event to attend!

Agreed!

New Thread
Other Resources 2023 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Marvelous Manatees - Stronger than Ever! Rss Feed  

of 33