BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees - 2019 Edition - Practice Maximum Enthusiasm - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 107

2019-02-19 6:44 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Orlando
Subject: RE: Manatees - 2019 Edition - Practice Maximum Enthusiasm - CLOSED

Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by ceilidh

Originally posted by marysia83

Originally posted by kbhanson3

Okay,

We have half our team confirmed and drivers.

Two more Manatees come and play with us!!

With TJ, Now there are three.

Manatees?!?!?? come out and play!!

I love White Duck Taco. I love Asheville's craft beer scene even more. The only problem is that I'm not currently running and don't see it in my immediate future. Sounds like a really cool event for the running folks. Enjoy!
you wanna help drive or sherpa? That would relieve my DH if the duty.

Karl, you should come and play with us! Drive, sherpa, test beer for us... DOOO EEETTT!!!

Can someone please update me on this? I apologize for not being up to date with this exciting opportunity, I assume something crazy is going on November 2nd...

Manatees!!!

How about this for a meetup instead of the Florida relay. The location is great, it is only one day, We already have 2 drivers (me and my hubster) and probably our cars as well so that is taken care of.

Cherokee and Asheville both have tons of things to do: There is wonderful Mountain biking, Paddling, hiking, restaurants, breweries,

AND I can accommodate folks here for free, for at least the night before the race. (We have 3 rooms, a sleeper-sofa room, and 3 baths for folks). Rooms in Cherokee would be good for the end of the race since our place is about 2 hours from there.

Land and Sky Relay (Asheville to Cherokee)
Event info: http://gloryhoundevents.com/event/land-and-sky-relay/
Need 4 runners plus driver/sherpas
Runners cover 13-18.3 miles over three legs
Early entry fee is $95/runner + gas + accommodations (probably 2 nights?) + Manatee team shirts!!!
* Every runner must wear a flashing light on their front and back during each leg.
* During the hours of 5-8 AM and 4-7 PM, all runners must also wear reflective vests and head lamps.
* Teams will be checked for compliance at all Transfer Points and those not meeting these requirements will not be allowed to continue
* All teams must start their final leg by 7:30 PM. (Saturday, November 2 – Team Starts – 5:00-8:15 AM – White Duck Taco)

As I understand it, we have three (ish) runners and some number of drivers/sherpas. I think that Robin wants to get this nailed down by early March. I think that we would like to fill the remaining spot(s) with Manatees but will recruit outside Manateeland starting March 1 or so.

Runners: TJ, Melanie, Janyne, YOUR NAME HERE

Drivers: Robin, possibly Mr. Robin or Karl

So we need one (or five) more runners and commitment from Karl. ;-)

Ann-Marie is also running on a team. Hands, are you guys planning on having one car for or two cars leap-frogging each other?

we haven’t really gotten too specific, but right now I the thinking is 1 car.

2019-02-19 7:12 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by Hot Runner

Ugh. Got x-rays and it is a real mess. Need surgery and wiring. Flying back to US tomorrow. Probably taking indefinite hiatus from BT/ tri in general for now.
Oh no I'm so sorry. Heal quickly.

Maybe Iron distance races in NZ are a bad idea, it think it was there that Yanti did a considerable mount of damage to herself.

Edited by StaceyK 2019-02-19 7:13 AM
2019-02-19 7:13 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by amd723

Okay,

I love White Duck Taco. I love Asheville's craft beer scene even more. The only problem is that I'm not currently running and don't see it in my immediate future. Sounds like a really cool event for the running folks. Enjoy!

Karl, you should come and play with us! Drive, sherpa, test beer for us... DOOO EEETTT!!!

Can someone please update me on this? I apologize for not being up to date with this exciting opportunity, I assume something crazy is going on November 2nd...

Manatees!!!

How about this for a meetup instead of the Florida relay. The location is great, it is only one day, We already have 2 drivers (me and my hubster) and probably our cars as well so that is taken care of.

Cherokee and Asheville both have tons of things to do: There is wonderful Mountain biking, Paddling, hiking, restaurants, breweries,

AND I can accommodate folks here for free, for at least the night before the race. (We have 3 rooms, a sleeper-sofa room, and 3 baths for folks). Rooms in Cherokee would be good for the end of the race since our place is about 2 hours from there.

Early entry fee is $95/runner + gas + accommodations (probably 2 nights?) + Manatee team shirts!!!
* Every runner must wear a flashing light on their front and back during each leg.
* During the hours of 5-8 AM and 4-7 PM, all runners must also wear reflective vests and head lamps.
* Teams will be checked for compliance at all Transfer Points and those not meeting these requirements will not be allowed to continue
* All teams must start their final leg by 7:30 PM. (Saturday, November 2 – Team Starts – 5:00-8:15 AM – White Duck Taco)

As I understand it, we have three (ish) runners and some number of drivers/sherpas. I think that Robin wants to get this nailed down by early March. I think that we would like to fill the remaining spot(s) with Manatees but will recruit outside Manateeland starting March 1 or so.

Ann-Marie is also running on a team. Hands, are you guys planning on having one car for or two cars leap-frogging each other?

I think that's what where we are with the transportation as well. So we'd need to seat 5-6 with space for gear.

2019-02-19 7:33 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Okay,

Manatees!!!

I think that's what where we are with the transportation as well. So we'd need to seat 5-6 with space for gear.

I don't think we're going to have a dedicated driver, so we just need room for 4 + gear. We have 2 cars that can easily handle that - a Ford Edge and a Subaru Outback. I suppose if we wanted to get all fancy we could rent a Suburban! 

2019-02-19 7:38 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

[[stuff deleted here]]

I don't think we're going to have a dedicated driver, so we just need room for 4 + gear. We have 2 cars that can easily handle that - a Ford Edge and a Subaru Outback. I suppose if we wanted to get all fancy we could rent a Suburban! 

When I did the Tuna Run, I know that I appreciated not having to drive/navigate when I wasn't running. This is shorter but twistier. Plus we can have more Manatees participate this way. I know that Karl really wants to drive up from Jacksonville to hang out with us!

2019-02-19 7:44 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

[[stuff deleted here]]

When I did the Tuna Run, I know that I appreciated not having to drive/navigate when I wasn't running. This is shorter but twistier. Plus we can have more Manatees participate this way. I know that Karl really wants to drive up from Jacksonville to hang out with us!

Oh I agree, it's way better for the runners to have a driver, just don't think we will be able to swing that, but we'll see! I'm confident Karl wants to make the drive to hang, for sure  

2019-02-19 9:05 AM

User image

Jacksonville, Florida

[[stuff deleted here]]

I do! Sounds like a fun day. I just don't have my November calendar buttoned up quite yet...seeing how it's 8+ months out!
2019-02-19 10:29 AM
in reply to: kbhanson3

User image

Champion
Bronze member

[[stuff deleted here]]

I do! Sounds like a fun day. I just don't have my November calendar buttoned up quite yet...seeing how it's 8+ months out!
time to button up
2019-02-19 10:30 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

[[stuff deleted here]]

Oh I agree, it's way better for the runners to have a driver, just don't think we will be able to swing that, but we'll see! I'm confident Karl wants to make the drive to hang, for sure  

i have a friend who may want to come and drive/ sherpa. Maybe for your team.
2019-02-19 11:41 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Denver, Colorado

[[stuff deleted here]]

Once you said: "There is wonderful Mountain biking, Paddling, hiking, restaurants, breweries..." my mind went into hmmmmmm.... mode
I will have to think about it. It's hard for me to make plans/commitment for November, but if the deadline is March 1, I will discuss it with my partner this/next week and make up my mind.
If we come, we will have a Dodge Caravan, which would be available for a ride, but I don't want to make promises, as we may need to come with my kids (as super cool spectators ) Again, let me think about it before I make any promises.
2019-02-19 12:04 PM
in reply to: marysia83

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

[[stuff deleted here]]

Once you said: "There is wonderful Mountain biking, Paddling, hiking, restaurants, breweries..." my mind went into hmmmmmm.... mode I will have to think about it. It's hard for me to make plans/commitment for November, but if the deadline is March 1, I will discuss it with my partner this/next week and make up my mind. If we come, we will have a Dodge Caravan, which would be available for a ride, but I don't want to make promises, as we may need to come with my kids (as super cool spectators ) Again, let me think about it before I make any promises.

Definitely let us know!

2019-02-19 12:16 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

[[stuff deleted here]]

Once you said: "There is wonderful Mountain biking, Paddling, hiking, restaurants, breweries..." my mind went into hmmmmmm.... mode I will have to think about it. It's hard for me to make plans/commitment for November, but if the deadline is March 1, I will discuss it with my partner this/next week and make up my mind. If we come, we will have a Dodge Caravan, which would be available for a ride, but I don't want to make promises, as we may need to come with my kids (as super cool spectators ) Again, let me think about it before I make any promises.

Definitely let us know!

Mary S is interested. She's checking with DH

2019-02-19 12:26 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by rrrunner

[[stuff deleted here]]

Definitely let us know!

Good! I know I had talked to her about RAGNAR and she said that wasn't something that she could do. I didn't realize that this one was a possibility or I'd have been recruiting her!

There is no single track -- lightly traveled paved and graveled roads is in the description -- but there will be night running for all four runners either in the 5am-8am (runners 1-3 at least) and in the 6:30pm-8pm time slot (I'm guessing runners 3-4 at least). Sunrise is not until almost 8:00 and Sunset is a bit after 6:30.

2019-02-19 12:42 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

[[stuff deleted here]]

Definitely let us know!

Good! I know I had talked to her about RAGNAR and she said that wasn't something that she could do. I didn't realize that this one was a possibility or I'd have been recruiting her!

There is no single track -- lightly traveled paved and graveled roads is in the description -- but there will be night running for all four runners either in the 5am-8am (runners 1-3 at least) and in the 6:30pm-8pm time slot (I'm guessing runners 3-4 at least). Sunrise is not until almost 8:00 and Sunset is a bit after 6:30.

Wearing a headlamp is ok for her once it gets lighter. I'm sure we could work around that.

She's already looking at travel details! I'm not that organized

She says she's 99% in...

2019-02-19 12:43 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

[[stuff deleted here]]

Definitely let us know!

Wearing a headlamp is ok for her once it gets lighter. I'm sure we could work around that.

She says she's 99% in...

NICE!

2019-02-19 1:11 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Here's an important question for you. What are our team colors?

2019-02-19 1:27 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

[[stuff deleted here]]

Definitely let us know!

She says she's 99% in...

NICE!

SHE'S IN!!!

2019-02-19 1:28 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Black and blue?

2019-02-19 1:34 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Black and blue?

I'm not sure how well the design would show up on that!

2019-02-19 1:40 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

[[stuff deleted here]]

Definitely let us know!

She says she's 99% in...

NICE!

SHE'S IN!!!

It sounds like we have four runners!

2019-02-19 1:59 PM
in reply to: #5253173

User image

Denver, CO
I'm definitely in and SO EXCITED!!! Can't wait to meet more Manatees!

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a triathlete turned duathlete thanks to post concussion syndrome that affects my vision (I'm really motion-sensitive). I'm currently just running due to another concussion that made my symptoms worse, but I'm working in getting back on my bike. I can't participate much here because it's hard on my eyes. BUT I'm running and enjoying it. I just did a HM and have 3 more planned this year. I'm also hoping to be able to do an Olympic duathlon in August and maybe a shorter one in April.

I live in Denver, have 2 border collies, a cat and a DH named Alex.

2019-02-19 2:01 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by laffinrock I'm definitely in and SO EXCITED!!! Can't wait to meet more Manatees! For those of you who don't know me, I'm a triathlete turned duathlete thanks to post concussion syndrome that affects my vision (I'm really motion-sensitive). I'm currently just running due to another concussion that made my symptoms worse, but I'm working in getting back on my bike. I can't participate much here because it's hard on my eyes. BUT I'm running and enjoying it. I just did a HM and have 3 more planned this year. I'm also hoping to be able to do an Olympic duathlon in August and maybe a shorter one in April. I live in Denver, have 2 border collies, a cat and a DH named Alex.

We're excited that you are joining us!

2019-02-19 2:04 PM

User image

Master

Originally posted by laffinrock I'm definitely in and SO EXCITED!!! Can't wait to meet more Manatees! For those of you who don't know me, I'm a triathlete turned duathlete thanks to post concussion syndrome that affects my vision (I'm really motion-sensitive). I'm currently just running due to another concussion that made my symptoms worse, but I'm working in getting back on my bike. I can't participate much here because it's hard on my eyes. BUT I'm running and enjoying it. I just did a HM and have 3 more planned this year. I'm also hoping to be able to do an Olympic duathlon in August and maybe a shorter one in April. I live in Denver, have 2 border collies, a cat and a DH named Alex.

Hi Mary!  So nice to 'see' you and glad you are able to run.  

Wish I could join you all, but don't think it is possible for me this year.

2019-02-19 2:10 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Black and blue?

Ha ha ha ha ha, appropriate for some!  Oh wait, we're not running trails...

2019-02-19 2:10 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees - 2019 Edition - Practice Maximum Enthusiasm - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 107