BT Development Mentor Program Archives » More Manatee Mayhem - 2017 Edition - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 102

2017-02-02 12:08 PM
in reply to: TXTriRook

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area
Subject: RE: More Manatee Mayhem - 2017 Edition - Closed

Originally posted by TXTriRook That sucks about the swim lanes and Sean, unreal someone would break in at a race! I've got some good news to share, I'm heading to the Superbowl! I've been a Pats fan for as long as I can remember so I figure since it's driving distance from Dallas and I was able to snag some free tix, I can't miss it. Any other Pats fans / anyone else going this weekend?

My coworker is going to be so so jealous! He is also a huge Pats fan.  Have a great time and do share some pictures!

2017-02-02 12:11 PM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by IronOx

Ugh, stolen CC information.  Good that you were on it quickly Sean!

Melanie, so great you are going to Scotland!  Like others, it's on my list.

Mary, that is a lot to be dealing with!  Interesting that you consider us an asylum :D  Hope we are helpful!

Justin - Not a Pats fan either, but would go if I got free tickets!  Have a blast!

Stacey congrats to you, mom and K for your consistency!  It's amazing how lots of easy running translate to increased in pace!

TJ congrats on jumping in!

Jim no way would I have waited either.  I wait until they reach the end, let them know I am getting in and ask if they would like to share or circle.  I expect others to do the same if I am in the lane first.

I just received news that I have been accepted into a volunteer position with the Victims Assistance Unit of a local police department.  40 page application, interview, fingerprinting and 10 references, so I am happy I made the cut! 

Wow!  Congratulations!

2017-02-02 12:24 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Adam, have you don the White Lake Half?  I've done the Spring Oly there and it was good. If you have any info to share about the event or venue, I think that Robin is interested.

2017-02-02 1:08 PM

User image

Smithtown, New York
Living on Long Island theres nothing much here to do and cycling on the trainer gets boring and the nearest ski resorts are hours away. How does everyone stave off winter boredness especially when there's nothingto do? One day Igotta move off but I'm a little stuck for now.
2017-02-02 1:31 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by jmkizer

Adam, have you don the White Lake Half?  I've done the Spring Oly there and it was good. If you have any info to share about the event or venue, I think that Robin is interested.

I decided to go for the Lake Logan half. It is closer to home so travel will be easier. I'll just have to train my tush off (literally).

And it is done. I did it. This will be my first half !!!!

Edited by ceilidh 2017-02-02 1:43 PM
2017-02-02 1:53 PM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by ceilidh

I decided to go for the Lake Logan half. It is closer to home so travel will be easier. I'll just have to train my tush off (literally).

Manatee Meetup!!!

2017-02-02 2:14 PM
in reply to: Rileyvb91

User image

Expert
Originally posted by Rileyvb91

Living on Long Island theres nothing much here to do and cycling on the trainer gets boring and the nearest ski resorts are hours away. How does everyone stave off winter boredness especially when there's nothingto do? One day Igotta move off but I'm a little stuck for now.

The Sufferfest videos are the only way I am able to stay on the trainer otherwise I am capable of creating the greatest of excuses not to stay on more than five minutes.
2017-02-02 2:30 PM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by JBacarella
Originally posted by Rileyvb91 Living on Long Island theres nothing much here to do and cycling on the trainer gets boring and the nearest ski resorts are hours away. How does everyone stave off winter boredness especially when there's nothingto do? One day Igotta move off but I'm a little stuck for now.
The Sufferfest videos are the only way I am able to stay on the trainer otherwise I am capable of creating the greatest of excuses not to stay on more than five minutes.

I really shouldn't answer, since I have no first hand experience. I do know lots of folks have moved to using Zwift.

2017-02-02 3:12 PM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Manatee Meetup!!!

You will have to wait to the end to see me though

2017-02-02 3:13 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by cdban66

Originally posted by Rileyvb91 Living on Long Island theres nothing much here to do and cycling on the trainer gets boring and the nearest ski resorts are hours away. How does everyone stave off winter boredness especially when there's nothingto do? One day Igotta move off but I'm a little stuck for now.

I really shouldn't answer, since I have no first hand experience. I do know lots of folks have moved to using Zwift.

I too, love the sufferfest I have the app so I could use a smart trainer..... if I had one. They have stories and a bit of humor in each video. It keeps me amused.

2017-02-02 3:15 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Manatee Meetup!!!

You'll do fine! 

2017-02-02 3:43 PM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

I get my money's worth out of my races

Manatee Meetup!!!

You'll do fine! 

2017-02-02 4:19 PM

User image

I too, love the sufferfest I have the app so I could use a smart trainer..... if I had one. They have stories and a bit of humor in each video. It keeps me amused.

Are Sufferfest video's free? I have a smarttrainer so curious how they work. I use Zwift and between that and Netflix it makes 2 hrs go by pretty quickly. Anything longer than that I start to get bored.
2017-02-02 4:32 PM

User image

Katy, Texas
Justin - when are you getting to town? Any interest in a ride or run before you start partying?
2017-02-02 4:51 PM

User image

Smithtown, New York

I heard a lot about sufferfest, sounds hard but kinda fun!. Really I'm just venting, I would love to take up skiing if resorts weren't so far. I need a winter sport lol, I do love watching netflix on the trainer, it's the great motivator!
2017-02-02 4:56 PM

User image

Expert

I heard a lot about sufferfest, sounds hard but kinda fun!. Really I'm just venting, I would love to take up skiing if resorts weren't so far. I need a winter sport lol, I do love watching netflix on the trainer, it's the great motivator!

It's been my experience that if you take up ice fishing, you will quickly wish you were on the trainer. haha

2017-02-02 4:59 PM

User image

Expert
Originally posted by TXTriRook

Are Sufferfest video's free? I have a smarttrainer so curious how they work. I use Zwift and between that and Netflix it makes 2 hrs go by pretty quickly. Anything longer than that I start to get bored.

They aren't free, you can buy individual videos or the app for a monthly or annual fee. I started by buying an individual video, then found I enjoyed the emotional abuse, bought a few more, then the app.
2017-02-02 5:18 PM
in reply to: JBacarella

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by TXTriRook

They aren't free, you can buy individual videos or the app for a monthly or annual fee. I started by buying an individual video, then found I enjoyed the emotional abuse, bought a few more, then the app.

Thought they were app only now? They did have the purchase videos for a few years, think I have about all of them. Not really big on monthly subscriptions.

2017-02-02 5:28 PM

Master
Northern IL

I have all the purchase videos from before they went with app only. They're very motivational and quite effective for harder workouts. All of my hard trainer workouts for a number of years now have been done to these. Coupled with a lot of easy riding, putting up race best bike splits at local events was fairly regular for a few years there. 

2017-02-02 8:45 PM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Veteran
Southampton, Ontario
just a quick check in.
Things are super busy with the new job. I am in class for 4 months at Nuclear power school which is turning out to be fairly intensive. Who knew nuclear science would be a somewhat difficult subject? Class starts at 8am and I pretty much put a hard limit and quit at 8pm after studying. I am trying to put in some bike work outs here and there but I am fairly drained most of the time. I am also going back and forth between work and home on the weekends to pack and be with my family. The great news is that this will be my last weekend of traveling as we are getting the new place next Wednesday. The hope is after the move, unpacking and all that FUN! things might move towards some semblance of normality.
2017-02-02 11:44 PM
in reply to: Jet Black

User image

Originally posted by Jet Black

Dave you are nicer than I.

My rant today is theives.

After my race on Sunday I went back to my truck and it looked like someone had jimmied the key hole trying to get into my truck. Everything of value was still inside, but I noticed that all of my credit cards were right side up inside my wallet. I always put them in upside down to protect the magnetic strip.

I was pretty sure that someone had stolen my CC info. I paid close attention to all of my accounts, and sure enough, yesterday evening all of the cards started getting hit with fraudulent charges.

If you think about it, it's a perfect setup for thieves. All racers are leaving their valuables in their vehicles for the race and then no one will be in the parking lot during the race for the most part.

I've notified the race and asked them to consider a police officer or security guard to monitor the parking lot in the future.

Also, I shouldn't have left my wallet in plain sight, I'm sure they wouldn't have spent the time to break into my truck and dig around for stuff if it hadn't been in plain sight. I'm sure they were moving fast.

That is awful! Thank goodness you actually watch your accounts!

2017-02-03 6:11 AM

User image

Raleigh, North Carolina

Manatee Meetup!!!

You'll do fine! 

Sorry for the delayed reply - and proof of life post!

I haven't done the White Lake Half - just the sprint. I signed up for Oly there last fall but ended up deferring. It's a beautiful venue with a very clear (by NC standards) lake and flat bike/run. I've heard good things about Lake Logan too though - so congrats Robin on signing up for that one! It's supposed to be really beautiful there.

For me, I'm currently debating going in again for the Raleigh 70.3 and doing the White Lake spring Oly as a tune up race. If so, I need to hit the training hard when I'm back from vacation next week. Speaking of, this weekend's training will be about 10+ miles of daily walking around Harry Potter World and Disney in Orlando!

2017-02-03 7:22 AM
in reply to: awm007

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by awm007

Manatee Meetup!!!

You'll do fine! 

Sorry for the delayed reply - and proof of life post! I haven't done the White Lake Half - just the sprint. I signed up for Oly there last fall but ended up deferring. It's a beautiful venue with a very clear (by NC standards) lake and flat bike/run. I've heard good things about Lake Logan too though - so congrats Robin on signing up for that one! It's supposed to be really beautiful there. For me, I'm currently debating going in again for the Raleigh 70.3 and doing the White Lake spring Oly as a tune up race. If so, I need to hit the training hard when I'm back from vacation next week. Speaking of, this weekend's training will be about 10+ miles of daily walking around Harry Potter World and Disney in Orlando!
That is some kind of training this week Thanks for the intel. I may look into doing one of the races at White Lake sometime. it is a haul from here. i would have to book a room first, then sign up for the race

2017-02-03 8:56 AM

User image

Raleigh, North Carolina

Originally posted by awm007

Manatee Meetup!!!

You'll do fine! 

Sorry for the delayed reply - and proof of life post! I haven't done the White Lake Half - just the sprint. I signed up for Oly there last fall but ended up deferring. It's a beautiful venue with a very clear (by NC standards) lake and flat bike/run. I've heard good things about Lake Logan too though - so congrats Robin on signing up for that one! It's supposed to be really beautiful there. For me, I'm currently debating going in again for the Raleigh 70.3 and doing the White Lake spring Oly as a tune up race. If so, I need to hit the training hard when I'm back from vacation next week. Speaking of, this weekend's training will be about 10+ miles of daily walking around Harry Potter World and Disney in Orlando!
That is some kind of training this week Thanks for the intel. I may look into doing one of the races at White Lake sometime. it is a haul from here. i would have to book a room first, then sign up for the race

Same with on Lake Logan - I hope to make it over there sometime. RE White Lake - one of the downsides is that complete lack of nearby hotels. Even if you stay the night "nearby" it's still a haul.
2017-02-03 9:00 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Ice hockey

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » More Manatee Mayhem - 2017 Edition - Closed Rss Feed  

of 102