BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors 2013: CLOSED (exc/ Pop Tart bribes) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 440

2013-10-07 6:12 PM
in reply to: jobaxas

User image

Master
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors 2013: CLOSED (exc/ Pop Tart bribes)

Drive by rant on

Dear Students:

1. Life and it's responsibilities are sometimes inconvenient.  Deal with it.
  2. If you find you are unable to meet one of your responsibilities, tell the appropriate person.  Do not just not show up.
  3. Read the instructions.  You are more likely to give the correct answer that way.

/rant.

2013-10-07 6:20 PM
in reply to: bcraht

User image

Master
Orlando
Originally posted by bcraht

Drive by rant on

Dear Students:

2. If you find you are unable to meet one of your responsibilities, tell the appropriate person.  Do not just not show up.
  3. Read the instructions.  You are more likely to give the correct answer that way.

/rant.

LOL, don't you know that everyone is entitled to everything and that you should not interfere with that entitlement by actually expecting your students to accept person responsibility?  Please stop making their life hard

2013-10-07 6:29 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Originally posted by amd723

Drive by rant on

Dear Students:

/rant.

LOL, don't you know that everyone is entitled to everything and that you should not interfere with that entitlement by actually expecting your students to accept person responsibility?  Please stop making their life hard

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=b44466fa-33f4-454b-99dc-14605c636fe0

Scroll down to "Student Views"...

2013-10-07 6:48 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Drive by rant on

Dear Students:

/rant.

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=b44466fa-33f4-454b-99dc-14605c636fe0

And they take that attitude out to the work place.
2013-10-07 6:49 PM

User image

Seattle

Drive by rant on

Dear Students:

/rant.

damn Canadians. Smile

2013-10-07 8:13 PM

User image

Master
Gig Harbor

Drive by rant on

Dear Students:

/rant.

As a glass half full kind of guy - I'm encouraged that, with the exception of the first question, it's still a minority of kids that feel this way.  I.E.  

" I would think poorly of a professor who didn't respond the same day to an e-mail I sent -- 23.5 per cent agree." - That means 3 out of 4 don't agree with this statement.  

Oh - and BTW... HELLO EVERYONE!  A little birdie (Jo the Stalker) told me you all said hi.  HOW ARE YOU ALL DOING?  

Life is treating me well - new job is going great.  I'm going to Cabo with my sister and her family in December.  My son is doing great.  My activity level has dropped, but I'm now focused on running more and working my abs because when I take my shirt off at the beach in Cabo - I want the ladies to notice.    We all have to have our motivations right?  

2013-10-08 7:42 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Drive by rant on

Dear Students:

/rant.

...Where they are greeted with the cold slap of reality by those that have been performing the job for 20 years.

2013-10-08 7:46 AM
in reply to: Muskrat37

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by Muskrat37

Drive by rant on

Dear Students:

/rant.

LOL, don't you know that everyone is entitled to everything and that you should not interfere with that entitlement by actually expecting your students to accept person responsibility?  Please stop making their life hard :)

As a glass half full kind of guy - I'm encouraged that, with the exception of the first question, it's still a minority of kids that feel this way.  I.E.  

" I would think poorly of a professor who didn't respond the same day to an e-mail I sent -- 23.5 per cent agree." - That means 3 out of 4 don't agree with this statement.  

Oh - and BTW... HELLO EVERYONE!  A little birdie (Jo the Stalker) told me you all said hi.  HOW ARE YOU ALL DOING?  

Life is treating me well - new job is going great.  I'm going to Cabo with my sister and her family in December.  My son is doing great.  My activity level has dropped, but I'm now focused on running more and working my abs because when I take my shirt off at the beach in Cabo - I want the ladies to notice.  :)  We all have to have our motivations right?  

Glad you're doing well Chad. 

Good luck with your ab training;)

2013-10-08 7:51 AM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by Asalzwed

Drive by rant on

Dear Students:

/rant.

LOL, don't you know that everyone is entitled to everything and that you should not interfere with that entitlement by actually expecting your students to accept person responsibility?  Please stop making their life hard :)

damn Canadians. Smile

Ack...reading those makes my blood pressure go up.

Gotta love the one about students thinking that a professor should be able to meet with the student at a time that's convenient for the student, even if it's inconvenient for the prof. It was only 11% of the students surveyed, but still.  Who are those kids?  

I'm not sure if I should hope that they're answering that honestly, or if they have a reading comprehension problem.  I'm not sure which of those would result in greater net gain for society.

2013-10-08 11:00 AM
in reply to: switch

User image

Pennsylvania

Drive by posting: haven't had a chance to catch up on the manatee goings on but I did notice Skrat stopped by to say he's working on his abs.  I think picture updates are important

Anyway, thanks for all the (unanswered, sorry!) inspires, I do appreciate them but just didn't have time to respond.  My race performance was fairly mediocre but I had a really special takeaway from the day that totally negates all the poor performance. I will try not to take all week to get around to writing the RR as I sometimes lackadaisically do.

2013-10-08 11:13 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Originally posted by melbo55

Drive by posting: haven't had a chance to catch up on the manatee goings on but I did notice Skrat stopped by to say he's working on his abs.  I think picture updates are important

Anyway, thanks for all the (unanswered, sorry!) inspires, I do appreciate them but just didn't have time to respond.  My race performance was fairly mediocre but I had a really special takeaway from the day that totally negates all the poor performance. I will try not to take all week to get around to writing the RR as I sometimes lackadaisically do.

Welcome back! Glad it was a good day for you.

2013-10-08 11:55 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

Just a drive by to say Tj--I loved the hot air balloon pics!

I am tired and over this plan.  Wish it were actually done.  However, as long as I am not injured (for which I am grateful) I will plod along.  I expect at this rate to have a good 6 months of getting weight off and rebuilding my speed.  

My husband is considering signing me up for a coach for next season.  I looked over the pricing for Endorphin Fitness last night....their virtual packages are pretty inexpensive--but I would like some direct feedback and in person stuff and that gets pricier.

2013-10-08 12:14 PM
in reply to: QueenZipp

User image

Master

Morning Manatees Laughing

Much better start to MY day. I'm not flat out on the couch hacking up my left lung like yesterday. That's always a win.

Mak slept for 12 hours and seems to be normal temped for now. She's asking for food and liquid...YAY!

Taylor got some unrushed mommy time...then got to play the big boy and walk himself to school. He turned and waved no less than 4 times going down our street. Sweet kid.

Unfortunately, Jason was up at 4:30...chills and throwing up. I'm trying to stay away with my system already down, but poor guy. Just waiting to see if/when he wants ride to doc.

I keep in mind- at the moment, none of this is life-threatening, and I'm not given more than I can handle. Smile

2013-10-08 12:18 PM
in reply to: QueenZipp

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Originally posted by QueenZipp

Just a drive by to say Tj--I loved the hot air balloon pics!

I am tired and over this plan.  Wish it were actually done.  However, as long as I am not injured (for which I am grateful) I will plod along.  I expect at this rate to have a good 6 months of getting weight off and rebuilding my speed.  

My husband is considering signing me up for a coach for next season.  I looked over the pricing for Endorphin Fitness last night....their virtual packages are pretty inexpensive--but I would like some direct feedback and in person stuff and that gets pricier.

Balloon Fiesta is really quite a site to see. Today the winds had them headed toward my house. Too bad I couldn't stay to watch. My home is always open to anyone who wants to experience this amazing week.

2013-10-08 12:20 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Originally posted by 4agoodlife

Much better start to MY day. I'm not flat out on the couch hacking up my left lung like yesterday. That's always a win.

Mak slept for 12 hours and seems to be normal temped for now. She's asking for food and liquid...YAY!

Taylor got some unrushed mommy time...then got to play the big boy and walk himself to school. He turned and waved no less than 4 times going down our street. Sweet kid.

Unfortunately, Jason was up at 4:30...chills and throwing up. I'm trying to stay away with my system already down, but poor guy. Just waiting to see if/when he wants ride to doc.

I keep in mind- at the moment, none of this is life-threatening, and I'm not given more than I can handle. Smile

Glad you are feeling better. Yay for Taylor and Mak, bummer for Jason. Will keep praying for y'all.

2013-10-08 12:25 PM

User image

Master

Healing vibes to everyone, glad you are feeling better!

2013-10-08 12:38 PM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
another drive by OMG so busy.....

BUT OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

FINALLY Hoka One One is coming to CT for a demo! WHEEEEE tomorrow night!! I so want these kicks - can't wait to try them
2013-10-08 1:08 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Reading about your son turning around 4 times to wave by made me smile; that is so cute. Glad you and your daughter are feeling better. Bummer about Jason! but I guess not unexpected since he is living in a crude filled house
2013-10-08 1:10 PM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Master
Orlando
Originally posted by mtnbikerchkanother drive by OMG so busy.....BUT OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGFINALLY Hoka One One is coming to CT for a demo! WHEEEEE tomorrow night!! I so want these kicks - can't wait to try them
Prepare yourself- they look like clown shoes even more in person than on the internet! Also, it took me about .75 mile to get over the feeling I was running on stilts, so don't make a snap judgement about them.
2013-10-08 1:15 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by mtnbikerchkanother drive by OMG so busy.....BUT OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGFINALLY Hoka One One is coming to CT for a demo! WHEEEEE tomorrow night!! I so want these kicks - can't wait to try them
Prepare yourself- they look like clown shoes even more in person than on the internet! Also, it took me about .75 mile to get over the feeling I was running on stilts, so don't make a snap judgement about them.

Interesting (circus-like) qualities for a running shoe...

2013-10-08 1:21 PM

User image

Master
Originally posted by rrrunner

I already look like a clown when I run, I don't need any help....Wink

2013-10-08 1:56 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

It was kind of embarrassing when I first started wearing them, but then my foot stopped swelling up after every long run; so I got over it. Now I embrace the clown quality
2013-10-08 2:00 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

It was kind of embarrassing when I first started wearing them, but then my foot stopped swelling up after every long run; so I got over it. Now I embrace the clown quality

I guess that adds to the happy running factor Laughing

2013-10-08 2:10 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

I may be taking it too far with the wig and red nose.
2013-10-08 2:22 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

I may be taking it too far with the wig and red nose.

This kinda fits in to the "uglier/brighter shoe is faster" theory that I subscribe to. Not sure on the nose & wig combo though. 

Do you pull up to races in a Mini Cooper with 18 friends piled in there?

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors 2013: CLOSED (exc/ Pop Tart bribes) Rss Feed  

of 440