BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 100

2015-01-15 5:05 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Expert
Next to a big lake
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?)
Originally posted by cdban66

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Originally posted by popsracer

My treat is when I go through McDonald's drive-thru in the morning and get cream in my coffee.  I'm pretty old school when it comes to coffee.

Sorry to offend, but Steve is now my favorite Manatee!

I like my coffee like I like my women...

Heh is this an offshoot airplane reference?

I'm a fan of the simple french press

The responses for this are many:

• Hot and dark.
  • Light and sweet.
  • Ground up and in the freezer.
  • Bitter
  • A variety of other wiseazz answers

It all depends on your outlook, I guess. 

I like Hot and Ready. Auto timers are awesome!

2015-01-15 5:09 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by rrrunner

Originally posted by 4agoodlife
OriginExcepty posted by rrrunner

My treat is when I go through McDonald's drive-thru in the morning and get cream in my coffee.  I'm pretty old school when it comes to coffee.

• Hot and dark.
  • Light and sweet.
  • Bitter

I was trying to come up with some but gave up...

I had (in no certain order) Dark, Creamy, Strong, On the Beach, In My Robe...

...In my pants. Except I think the McDonald's lawsuit lady might have issues with that one.

You know that was a New Mexico case. Yup, we're backwoods

Buuut we have this:

Is that for a Gallon? Up till last week we were paying that much for a litre (basically 1/4 gallon). This week it's down to $1.15 per liter (so around $4.50 a gallon) the cheapest it's been for probably 3 or 4 years.

Anone want to move to Australia, one of the most expensive places on the planet to live, oh and don't forget our plethora of insects and animals that can kill you!
2015-01-15 5:46 PM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Master
Originally posted by StaceyK

• Hot and dark.
  • Light and sweet.
  • Bitter

...In my pants. Except I think the McDonald's lawsuit lady might have issues with that one.

Buuut we have this:

Is that for a Gallon? Up till last week we were paying that much for a litre (basically 1/4 gallon). This week it's down to $1.15 per liter (so around $4.50 a gallon) the cheapest it's been for probably 3 or 4 years. Anone want to move to Australia, one of the most expensive places on the planet to live, oh and don't forget our plethora of insects and animals that can kill you!
On the flip side, isn't your minimum wage almost $17/hr?
2015-01-15 6:34 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Originally posted by laffinrock

Originally posted by melbo55

*The tea drinker stands silently in the corner with her steaming mug of Earl Grey, trying to absorb bits of the conversation and hopes they don't realize she isn't one of them, not a coffee hound, and prays they don't turn on her, driving her from the pack pod, ostrascizing her for being the odd one out*

Aw, honey.  It's okay.  I'll still talk to you.  I'm multi-drinkual.  I drink coffee, tea, chai, and hot Apple Cinnamon Skratch Labs.  I even drink water on occasion.

Re: Nancy's comment about coffee grounds, DH got an infuser mug from REI.  It has a fine mesh filter built into the lid so you can brew your coffee or tea right in the mug and let it steep while you're driving or whatever.  The only down side is that it just keeps getting stronger the longer you wait to drink it.  He loves it though.

The Matcha is good hot as well. You're welcome

Hm.  Something to consider.  What does it taste like?  I've been reluctant to plunk down $20 to discover I don't like it.  Maybe I'll go ahead and get some, then give it to you if I don't like it.  I do find that the apple cinnamon gets a weird slimy residue at the bottom.  Does the matcha do that too?

I like all of the Skratch flavors but match a is far and away my favorite. It's like having tea in your water bottle! That being said I think all of them have a tendency to settle so I do shake, or stir if hot, a lot.
2015-01-15 7:11 PM

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by StaceyK So if I don't drink Coffe can I still be a Manatee? What if I say I can't stand the taste of it? I'm a tea girl, my favourite (yes this is how you spell it ) is Twinnings English Breakfast, fresh brewed with a dash of milk and don't forget the sugar.

I don't do coffee and tea might be more ridiculous.

Might not be over the peanut butter comment either. 

2015-01-15 7:24 PM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Elite
missed four pages but it was all about coffee - no drama. Flat white been here in Australia forever.

2015-01-15 7:58 PM
in reply to: jobaxas

User image

Expert
Next to a big lake
Just got back from kids swim lessons, and catching up with posts. I need to learn how to stalk all of you so I can add comments and inspires to your logs. Not to mention update my profile.

This is my neck warmer, just climbs up and lays down and now I have a loud purrring noise in my ear.

(195347.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
195347.jpg (98KB - 3 downloads)
2015-01-15 8:34 PM
in reply to: tcarlson78

User image

Master

Originally posted by tcarlson78 Just got back from kids swim lessons, and catching up with posts. I need to learn how to stalk all of you so I can add comments and inspires to your logs. Not to mention update my profile. This is my neck warmer, just climbs up and lays down and now I have a loud purrring noise in my ear.

He/she looks a lot happier about this arrangement than you   And if my cat tried that move on me, he'd drape himself...

2015-01-15 8:41 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Master

So Mak chose a stroller run this morning (in 15-20 wind). It was a more strenuous workout than I had planned. Got on the trainer when home and did a shortened ride. Then my new pedals showed up and after J adjusting the cleats, Mak and I went for a short dirt ride to check them out. Not a bad day

2015-01-15 8:51 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
Next to a big lake

Originally posted by tcarlson78 Just got back from kids swim lessons, and catching up with posts. I need to learn how to stalk all of you so I can add comments and inspires to your logs. Not to mention update my profile. This is my neck warmer, just climbs up and lays down and now I have a loud purrring noise in my ear.

He/she looks a lot happier about this arrangement than you   And if my cat tried that move on me, he'd drape himself...

I'm from Minnesota, that is a happy face.

Edited by tcarlson78 2015-01-15 8:52 PM
2015-01-15 8:56 PM

User image

Master
Originally posted by tcarlson78

I'm from Minnesota, that is a happy face.
Ha! This time of year I believe that.

2015-01-15 9:51 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Originally posted by melbo55

*The tea drinker stands silently in the corner with her steaming mug of Earl Grey, trying to absorb bits of the conversation and hopes they don't realize she isn't one of them, not a coffee hound, and prays they don't turn on her, driving her from the pack pod, ostrascizing her for being the odd one out*

Can I join you with my UNsweet Iced Tea?
2015-01-15 11:31 PM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Melon Presser

Originally posted by brigby1

Originally posted by StaceyK So if I don't drink Coffe can I still be a Manatee? What if I say I can't stand the taste of it? I'm a tea girl, my favourite (yes this is how you spell it ) is Twinnings English Breakfast, fresh brewed with a dash of milk and don't forget the sugar.

She about spat her tea out when Kingsley and I first visited and both of us wanted our tea with just a dash of soymilk.

That's just ruining a good cup of tea, she says.

In response I ate the entire bowl of cookies that was on the table. I'm not sure if they were even offered to me

2015-01-15 11:48 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk

On a related bike gear question, I've used a Cat-eye double wireless for years and it is approaching the end of its life.  Buttons stick, auto pause doesn't work anymore, etc.

I do not link to anything so just need good basics like speed, distance, cadence.  Don't do power but would like something compatible for the future maybe.

It has been forever since I've looked at what is available and am a little overwhelmed with the options.  What do you think of about a Garmin 500?  I found a bundle which includes speed/cadence sensor and heartrate for $199.

Also, can this be easily swapped between by bikes?

that sounds like a great deal! I love my 810 - and the only reason I went with that over the 500 is for mapping. I swap it between my bikes all the time - super easy!

Looks like Mary found a 500 in the classifieds. Timely!

Timely indeed.  I was just talking with Alex about getting a better computer last night and stumbled across it this morning.  Doesn't have a HRM but that's okay; I already have one.  Guess I'll need to get a speed/cadence sensor.  Given the price I got it for, I'm happy to shell out for that.  Now I'm just hoping that he doesn't give it to the local guy who contacted him after I did...

Yeah I wondered about that as well.

So I was just playing with map my run and realized that the long santa fe run that I thought would get me about 10 miles downhill is only about 6 miles. Not as helpful for marathon training.

Yippee!!!!  I got the Garmin 500 for a really sweet deal!!  I offered to throw in $10 for shipping so he wouldn't give it to the local guy.  He said I got first dibs and he'd ship it priority mail for $5.  It'll be on its way tomorrow.  (throws hat in air and does a happy dance)

2015-01-16 12:00 AM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Denver, CO

Hear ye, hear ye, we are the Mighty (Maybe Mildly Manic) Manatees!!!

After 15 days, the SMMMMMMMMMC are as follows:

• 67% - 1 person
  • 73% - 1 person
  • 80% - 1 person
  • 93% - 5 people
  • 100% - 13 people

Pretty dang awesome effort, everybody!!  Keep up the good work!!  Now I'll stop overusing my exclamation point key!!  And go to bed!!  Because tomorrow is Friday!!  And I have a 3-day weekend, followed by jury duty on Tuesday to look forward to!! (whew)

2015-01-16 1:00 AM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

She about spat her tea out when Kingsley and I first visited and both of us wanted our tea with just a dash of soymilk.

In response I ate the entire bowl of cookies that was on the table. I'm not sure if they were even offered to me

There would be a problem with that in our house now because there is no soy milk so you would have to have Almond milk, which might actually be worse. More than happy that you ate all of the ANZAC biscuits. I will need fair warning if you want them again because there is no rolled oats anymore either.

I have eaten a fair bit of "prohibited" food in the week that Phil has been away and I feel poorly for it.

2015-01-16 1:05 AM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

Originally posted by StaceyK

• Hot and dark.
  • Light and sweet.
  • Bitter

Buuut we have this:

Is that for a Gallon? Up till last week we were paying that much for a litre (basically 1/4 gallon). This week it's down to $1.15 per liter (so around $4.50 a gallon) the cheapest it's been for probably 3 or 4 years. Anone want to move to Australia, one of the most expensive places on the planet to live, oh and don't forget our plethora of insects and animals that can kill you!
On the flip side, isn't your minimum wage almost $17/hr?
yep but you will lose between 35-40% of that through direct and indirect taxes. But on the other hand we do have basically free medical services for everyone in the country.
2015-01-16 5:33 AM

User image

Elite
Free (almost) healthcare in Australia and free (almost) education which is good!

Ran tonight on the beach, 5km zone 2 - more of a woggly shuffle
2015-01-16 7:03 AM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Best to be sure with those types of things, as in getting some.

2015-01-16 7:42 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Chris, I have found that being in this group has encouraged me to improve my BT abilities.  And lose time 

2015-01-16 7:52 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Chatham Ontario

Chris, I have found that being in this group has encouraged me to improve my BT abilities.  And lose time 

I def spend more time on here than I should I find it is my mental break from work. I sneak back to my desk look up a few things when I can.

2015-01-16 8:03 AM
in reply to: Techdiver

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Oh man it's finally Friday!  I have a team camp that starts this afternoon with a MTB ride, and then we have two days of road training.  It's gonna be an awesome weekend!

2015-01-16 9:21 AM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

I am so glad it's Friday that I could jump up and down except my body is too sore, lol. I think I might be even happier that I only have a 60 minute spin and strength for my workouts today.

2015-01-16 9:24 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by msteiner

Oh man it's finally Friday!  I have a team camp that starts this afternoon with a MTB ride, and then we have two days of road training.  It's gonna be an awesome weekend!

That sounds awesome! Have a great time and stay safe.

2015-01-16 9:27 AM

User image

Katy, Texas
The sun is finally making an appearance here in Texas! Seems like the first time in weeks.

Ok Manatees I need some mentoring on in workout nutrition. I have a 2 hour ride tomorrow, should I bring anything? What are some guidelines on when you need to refuel on several hours long workouts? Do I need to go buy those goo things or can I just bring a banana or something?

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  

of 100

RELATED POSTS

Gray Guys/Girls Master's Focus Triathlon Mentor Group--CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52

Started by lutzman
Views: 55443 Posts: 1284

2016-01-02 4:01 PM lutzman

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 26 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.