BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors 2013: CLOSED (exc/ Pop Tart bribes) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 440

2013-10-17 3:02 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors 2013: CLOSED (exc/ Pop Tart bribes)

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by rrrunner DS2 and I are having a text discussion about the race Sunday. Clothing, nutrition, logistics... So 'cited!!!!!!!!

Yeah, my "notes to self" about next weekend are getting fairly lengthly!

I'm trying to hold off on all my OCD note/list making that I'll do until this weekend.  Otherwise it could get ugggg-ly!

I just know that with two transitions, I like to have extra sportsshield and I wanted to get my shopping list ready.  DH is gone this weekend so I'll take care of it then.

2013-10-17 3:15 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Veteran
East Texas
Ok Pizza it is. and 1 or 2 beer. I'll try it Friday night for Saturday's training to make sure it works well
2013-10-17 3:17 PM
in reply to: JJ-

User image

Veteran
East Texas
I really need to ride tonight but I'm not going to get off work until 6 and it get's dark at 7. I may just take the day off. I'm kind of tired anyway and it would probably due me more good to rest then try and ride an hour at this point.

Or am I just making excuses??

Honestly I just want pizza and beer. Hmmmm
2013-10-17 3:24 PM

User image

Master

Originally posted by JJ-

Originally posted by JJ- What do you eat pre-race dinner? I know now is not the time to experiment. I usually have a black bean pizza with lots of veggies on it and no cheese the night before a long workout. I'm wondering if this is TOO fibrous for a 70.3 race. What's your favorite?

Pizza.  We often go to Mellow Mushroom.  Mega-veggie is my favorite.

Ok, I have found something here. I did a search on ST and Pizza is the most common result. Even among the Pros. I wonder why everyone likes pizza so much. Seems like all the greese would be hard on the stomach. and Cheese? Doesn't effect you?

mmmm....veggie pizza, light on the cheese=not much grease. Curious what kind of pizza those people are eating... Meat Lover's w/extra cheese?

2013-10-17 3:29 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by amd723
Originally posted by JJ-What do you eat pre-race dinner? I know now is not the time to experiment. I usually have a black bean pizza with lots of veggies on it and no cheese the night before a long workout. I'm wondering if this is TOO fibrous for a 70.3 race.What's your favorite?
I would be afraid with that much fiber! I usually keep it simple,eg, chicken breast, some veggies, a roll or something similar. Of course, I will have to rethink this approach for my HIM as I am pretty much all vegetarian these days.

ETA: I forgot the most important thing - beer! I always have a beer or 2.

The night before will be something that I KNOW will be fine on my stomach:  Chicken, rice, pasta, veggies.

Whatever you do, DO NOT have a 3ft tall bottle of wine the night before.  Trust me on this. 

So you were planning on two shorter bottles of wine for B2B?  ;-)

Maybe just A glass... wow... lookit that!!  I think I may have actually learned something from that experience! 

How large of a glass?  Since you are flying in, do you want me to get one for you and deliver it?  ;-)

I do tend to go with more of a full pour when it comes to wine...     

Wow - I can't believe that a week from today I'll be there!!  EEEK!

2013-10-17 3:31 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by rrrunner DS2 and I are having a text discussion about the race Sunday. Clothing, nutrition, logistics... So 'cited!!!!!!!!

Yeah, my "notes to self" about next weekend are getting fairly lengthly!

I'm trying to hold off on all my OCD note/list making that I'll do until this weekend.  Otherwise it could get ugggg-ly!

I just know that with two transitions, I like to have extra sportsshield and I wanted to get my shopping list ready.  DH is gone this weekend so I'll take care of it then.

Exactly what I was thinking too - that I want to have plenty of Body Glide/anti-chafe at each transition, and maybe a little extra in the special needs bags, just in case.  Keeping the various body parts happy is priority number one.  

2013-10-17 3:31 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Seattle

Our local place has two type I just LOVE.

True Hawaiin: Spam and pineapple. I love spam like nobody's bidness

Ham and Egg: Prosciutto and Fried Eggs with a massive bed of arugula on top

2013-10-17 3:40 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by amd723 So, this is what my desk looks like right now, but rather than working on cleaning it up I am more interested in the discussion of food and drink ( mainly drink). You people are a bad influence.

Your desk is on the ceiling?  You might want to call someone about that... 

I see a normally placed desk when I look at the post, so the issue is, were you standing on your head when viewing the pic or have you started experimenting with what is the perfect amt of wine to have pre -race ?
2013-10-17 3:41 PM

User image

Master
Orlando
Originally posted by JJ-Ok Pizza it is. and 1 or 2 beer. I'll try it Friday night for Saturday's training to make sure it works well
Good plan. I always have beer/wine the night before weekend workouts. Only 2 ( ok, maybe 3 ).
2013-10-17 3:45 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
I asked DS2 what he will want to eat before the race Sunday. He said "Oatmeal, banana, yogurt, and evolution fresh sweet greens and lemon".Well ok! So I mentioned stopping at the store Saturday and he said we can get it at Sbux. That's m' boy!
2013-10-17 3:45 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by JJ-What do you eat pre-race dinner? I know now is not the time to experiment. I usually have a black bean pizza with lots of veggies on it and no cheese the night before a long workout. I'm wondering if this is TOO fibrous for a 70.3 race.What's your favorite?
I would be afraid with that much fiber! I usually keep it simple,eg, chicken breast, some veggies, a roll or something similar. Of course, I will have to rethink this approach for my HIM as I am pretty much all vegetarian these days.

ETA: I forgot the most important thing - beer! I always have a beer or 2.

The night before will be something that I KNOW will be fine on my stomach:  Chicken, rice, pasta, veggies.

Whatever you do, DO NOT have a 3ft tall bottle of wine the night before.  Trust me on this. 

So you were planning on two shorter bottles of wine for B2B?  ;-)

Maybe just A glass... wow... lookit that!!  I think I may have actually learned something from that experience! 

How large of a glass?  Since you are flying in, do you want me to get one for you and deliver it?  ;-)

I do tend to go with more of a full pour when it comes to wine...     

Wow - I can't believe that a week from today I'll be there!!  EEEK!

I'm excited for you guys! If you need help deciding what other items to pack in your special needs bag, let me know; I'm sure I can come up with a few ideas

2013-10-17 3:47 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by amd723 So, this is what my desk looks like right now, but rather than working on cleaning it up I am more interested in the discussion of food and drink ( mainly drink). You people are a bad influence.

I see a normally placed desk when I look at the post, so the issue is, were you standing on your head when viewing the pic or have you started experimenting with what is the perfect amt of wine to have pre -race ?
It's upside down for me too. And I will neither confirm nor deny any pre race experimentation :-D
2013-10-17 3:48 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
DP or double vision

Edited by rrrunner 2013-10-17 3:49 PM
2013-10-17 3:52 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Originally posted by JJ-I really need to ride tonight but I'm not going to get off work until 6 and it get's dark at 7. I may just take the day off. I'm kind of tired anyway and it would probably due me more good to rest then try and ride an hour at this point. Or am I just making excuses??Honestly I just want pizza and beer. Hmmmm
Definitely pizza and beer, definitely
2013-10-17 3:53 PM

User image

Master
Orlando
Originally posted by rrrunner
Originally posted by JJ-I really need to ride tonight but I'm not going to get off work until 6 and it get's dark at 7. I may just take the day off. I'm kind of tired anyway and it would probably due me more good to rest then try and ride an hour at this point. Or am I just making excuses??Honestly I just want pizza and beer. Hmmmm
Definitely pizza and beer, definitely
Agreed!
2013-10-17 3:54 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

It's upside down for me too. And I will neither confirm nor deny any pre race experimentation :-D
Hmm, maybe I'm the drunk one then.

2013-10-17 3:54 PM

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by rrrunner I asked DS2 what he will want to eat before the race Sunday. He said "Oatmeal, banana, yogurt, and evolution fresh sweet greens and lemon".Well ok! So I mentioned stopping at the store Saturday and he said we can get it at Sbux. That's m' boy!

Yeah, that is the really nice thing about the ol "Bux is that you can go nearly anywhere and know you have a "safe" pre-race meal.

I was quite resistant to evolution fresh in the beginning but that shyte is GOOD. NM doesn't have any freestanding stores do they?

2013-10-17 3:55 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Seattle

At a minimum, you are certainly the one with a shyte-storm of a desk. 

2013-10-17 3:59 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master
Orlando
Originally posted by Asalzwed

At a minimum, you are certainly the one with a shyte-storm of a desk. 

It's much better now that I've made piles
2013-10-17 4:02 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by rrrunner I asked DS2 what he will want to eat before the race Sunday. He said "Oatmeal, banana, yogurt, and evolution fresh sweet greens and lemon".Well ok! So I mentioned stopping at the store Saturday and he said we can get it at Sbux. That's m' boy!

Yeah, that is the really nice thing about the ol "Bux is that you can go nearly anywhere and know you have a "safe" pre-race meal.

I was quite resistant to evolution fresh in the beginning but that shyte is GOOD. NM doesn't have any freestanding stores do they?

Looks like just WA state and San Fran
2013-10-17 4:07 PM

User image

Veteran
East Texas
All this talk of food is making me so hungry

2013-10-17 5:19 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUTTI!!!

Jen how did the interview go?

I normally have hot chips (fries) and BBQ sauce the night before a race but I only do sprints
2013-10-17 5:23 PM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by StaceyK HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUTTI!!! Jen how did the interview go? I normally have hot chips (fries) and BBQ sauce the night before a race but I only do sprints

That's like ... Aussie Poutine!!! I LOVE IT

2013-10-17 5:48 PM

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

Salty, I had a rabbit to chase on my run tonight and he was quite good looking and speedy.  While I wasn't up to his speed the mental image of a rabbit to chase kept my mind focused in the area I zone out in so another enjoyable run this week.  We are on a streak of positiveness

2013-10-17 6:04 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by StaceyK HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUTTI!!! Jen how did the interview go? I normally have hot chips (fries) and BBQ sauce the night before a race but I only do sprints

That's like ... Aussie Poutine!!! I LOVE IT

Oh... Speaking of that amazing food of the Great White North... BWW has poutine on the menu for a limited time (maybe end of October?) We haven't tried it yet but plan to get in there and indulge before it is gone.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors 2013: CLOSED (exc/ Pop Tart bribes) Rss Feed  

of 440