General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman Chattanooga : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 25

2013-10-21 3:13 PM
in reply to: ryceelliott

User image

Veteran
Kansas
Subject: RE: Ironman Chattanooga : Official Thread
I believe I found on the Army Corp site that in Sept, the average river temperatures varies between 70-75. My guess is that they will continue to sink that gauge as low as it needs to go to get to a wetsuit legal temp. That said, unless its a very unusual summer, pretty low chance of the river exceeding that 81 mark - where wetsuits are absolutely prohibited. I suppose it could be above 76.1 but you can still wear a wetsuit unless you are shooting for age-group awards ... etc.

in reply to: cjkelly0729

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by cjkelly0729

I believe I found on the Army Corp site that in Sept, the average river temperatures varies between 70-75. My guess is that they will continue to sink that gauge as low as it needs to go to get to a wetsuit legal temp. That said, unless its a very unusual summer, pretty low chance of the river exceeding that 81 mark - where wetsuits are absolutely prohibited. I suppose it could be above 76.1 but you can still wear a wetsuit unless you are shooting for age-group awards ... etc.

If it is 70+ I won't wear one. I'd rather be cool or even a little chilled coming out of the water than be hot and sweaty.

http://home.hiwaay.net/~ksgrisse/nickajack_temps.html

in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Champion
Alabama
I live about 2 hrs downriver from Chattanooga. My boss is an avid boater and has an ap on his phone that keeps a log of water temps in the TN River. He said yesterday the air temp was 84 and the river temp was 80 degrees. I asked him to let me know what the temperature is the next couple of weeks.

He told me the temps from the last several years in the mid-Sept time. He said it varies depending on how hot the summer is and on how much rain they got up river from us. If they get a lot of rain they have to open the dams and let water out. This tends to release deep and cold water. He said this tends to put cool currents in a few places.

I believe we will be swimming between Chickamauga and Nickajack Dams. There are 3 dams up river from Chattanooga and 6 dams downriver. All of the dams are operated by the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA).

Fort Loudoun Dam impounds Fort Loudoun Lake
Watts Bar Dam impounds Watts Bar Lake
Chickamauga Dam impounds Chickamauga Lake
Nickajack Dam impounds Nickajack Lake
Guntersville Dam impounds Guntersville Lake
Wheeler Dam impounds Wheeler Lake
Wilson Dam impounds Wilson Lake
Pickwick Landing Dam impounds Pickwick Lake
Kentucky Dam impounds Kentucky Lake

This has been your Tennessee River education moment. :-)

User image

I'm late getting on the introduction bandwagon!

Dane/M/23/Atlanta

I ran track and XC in High school and College and got into Tri's late in college after i got injured and bailed on XC (I was a walk on). I've done 3 HIM though none of them have gone to plan. I did a marathon a few years ago and am doing RnR Savannah in November. Then its probably run training all winter and hitting the swim/bike hard in the spring! I DNF'd IMTX this year. I actually got a parasite during the swim and was sick for weeks afterwards. That, paired with bad nutrition and a super hot day made me give in during the run. Its my biggest regret to date. I may be doing the Chattahoochee half in April as an early season 'see where the heck i'm at' race.

Also i drug my wife into this one. She's going to hate me come July/August I imagine.

User image

Elite
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Originally posted by Rogillio

I live about 2 hrs downriver from Chattanooga. My boss is an avid boater and has an ap on his phone that keeps a log of water temps in the TN River. He said yesterday the air temp was 84 and the river temp was 80 degrees. I asked him to let me know what the temperature is the next couple of weeks.

He told me the temps from the last several years in the mid-Sept time. He said it varies depending on how hot the summer is and on how much rain they got up river from us. If they get a lot of rain they have to open the dams and let water out. This tends to release deep and cold water. He said this tends to put cool currents in a few places.

I believe we will be swimming between Chickamauga and Nickajack Dams. There are 3 dams up river from Chattanooga and 6 dams downriver. All of the dams are operated by the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA).

Fort Loudoun Dam impounds Fort Loudoun Lake
Watts Bar Dam impounds Watts Bar Lake
Chickamauga Dam impounds Chickamauga Lake
Nickajack Dam impounds Nickajack Lake
Guntersville Dam impounds Guntersville Lake
Wheeler Dam impounds Wheeler Lake
Wilson Dam impounds Wilson Lake
Pickwick Landing Dam impounds Pickwick Lake
Kentucky Dam impounds Kentucky Lake

This has been your Tennessee River education moment. :-)

I lived in Chattanooga for a year and worked the Oly there. So yes, they are the 2 dams we will be swimming between. Water temp will be close for wetsuit (76 degrees) but with down river, not sure it will give as much benefit.
in reply to: 0

User image

Sylvania, Ga

Edited by LukeBoswell 2013-09-16 11:31 PM

Veteran
Hi Everyone! Love that this group is already going and excited to be a part! It was really helpful in getting ready for other IMs the past few years.

I've been down to Chattanooga before a couple years ago so was excited about the location... should be an easy drive down there, great time of year, good weather, and a fun race!

I made reservations at the Springhill so hopefully that's a good location for the race. May also try to look for something with a kitchenette if I can find it!

Will be approaching training a little different for this one... In the past I have used Be Iron Fit or a modification of it based on things I needed to tweak. For this one I'm doing a few big running and cycling events and then starting in June will be focused on tri specific training for the race (probably following something close to the Be Iron Fit program).

Congrats to everyone who got in through general reg and good luck to everyone raising money through charities etc. Looking forward to this!

Ryan

User image

cincinnati, ohio
Hello All -

Happy to say I got in to Chattanooga! This will be my 5th IM attempt. I have done IMMoo in 2010, IMCDA and IMKY in 2011, IMFL in 2012. Excited to race in TN. I live in Cincinnati and have taken off the last year. I was burnt out from training by the time Florida rolled around. So in 2013 I only ran the Boston Marathon. So nothing like signing up for another to kick yourself into gear.

I am 38, mom to three girls (11, 8, 5). I am a runner at heart. Ran and swam in HS, but biking is my weak sport. Ive been a runner as long as I can remember.

My plan for next year is to do Boston, American TTT, a HIM in summer (either Muncie or Steelhead) and the Chatt!!

Very excited!!!!

Quick question: hotels. I have seen people posting that they have hotel reservations already. I have tried since before registration opened and it seems most hotels dont take reservations til a year out. How is everyone getting these rooms?

in reply to: #4847870

User image

Expert
Regarding Hotels. Most of us that have hotels got them from the IM travel link. I booked the Hampton from this site. Others hotels that are not on that site normally don't take reservations until 50 weeks out. There are some exceptions like the Sheraton.

Looks like anything close will be booked or will book up at 50 weeks out. I do know some of the hotels are taking waiting lists but don't guarantee anything.
in reply to: Duanerice

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Duanerice

Regarding Hotels. Most of us that have hotels got them from the IM travel link. I booked the Hampton from this site. Others hotels that are not on that site normally don't take reservations until 50 weeks out. There are some exceptions like the Sheraton.

Looks like anything close will be booked or will book up at 50 weeks out. I do know some of the hotels are taking waiting lists but don't guarantee anything.

I got on a waiting list for the Hampton Inn a couple of weeks ago for Fri/Sat/Sun. I got an email saying I was waitlisted for those 3 nights. Yesterday I got another confirmation email and it said I was confirmed for Friday but still waitlistef for Sat and Sun. I thought that was pretty stupid. I'm not gonna stay one night with them and then have to move and stay 2 nights somewhere else.

I'm wiating till the 28th and see if I can use my Hilton Honor Diamond status with them to get a hotel. If not, I'm still hopeful the waitlist thing will work. A year is a long time and a lot can happen in a year. I think you typically have 15 to 20% DNS for an IM.....so, depending on how many people are waitlisted, good chance I might get a room.

One thing to note, when you go to the IM Chatt site to book, there is a button you have to select (or deselect) that says 'only show available rooms' or you will never see the hotels that are full but have a waitlist.

User image

Ok guys I need some help to make sure I'm on the right track. I'm using Fitzgerald's book (which I really like so far) to set up my training for next year. My wife and I are both doing IMCHOO and want to do Raleigh 70.3 as well (june 1st). All of Fitzgerald's IM training programs are 24 week 3 phase programs. His HIM programs are 20 weeks. So here's my thought:

start a 20 week program for Raleigh and see it all the way through. Raleigh is 17 weeks out from IMCHOO so I could then take an easy week after Raleigh, and jump into the 24week program at week 9, or the beginning of the 2nd phase (essentially skipping the base phase). I feel like 20 weeks and a HIM can justify skipping the base phase and starting the "official IM training" 16 weeks out, especially if I extend some of the riding for the 70.3 schedule.

Does that make sense? I had a coach for IMTX (which I DNF'd..long story) but cant financially justify one again since my wife and I are both doing it, she needs a new bike, etc.

I like Fitzgerald's programs and philosophy, I just want to make sure what I'm doing makes sense.

in reply to: Iwannarunlikeforrest

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Iwannarunlikeforrest

Ok guys I need some help to make sure I'm on the right track. I'm using Fitzgerald's book (which I really like so far) to set up my training for next year. My wife and I are both doing IMCHOO and want to do Raleigh 70.3 as well (june 1st). All of Fitzgerald's IM training programs are 24 week 3 phase programs. His HIM programs are 20 weeks. So here's my thought:

start a 20 week program for Raleigh and see it all the way through. Raleigh is 17 weeks out from IMCHOO so I could then take an easy week after Raleigh, and jump into the 24week program at week 9, or the beginning of the 2nd phase (essentially skipping the base phase). I feel like 20 weeks and a HIM can justify skipping the base phase and starting the "official IM training" 16 weeks out, especially if I extend some of the riding for the 70.3 schedule.

Does that make sense? I had a coach for IMTX (which I DNF'd..long story) but cant financially justify one again since my wife and I are both doing it, she needs a new bike, etc.

I like Fitzgerald's programs and philosophy, I just want to make sure what I'm doing makes sense.

It makes sense to me and sounds like a good plan. I didn't do a HIM prior to my 2 IMs but plan to do one next years. I remember thinking how "easy" (if you'll excuse the word) a HIM sounded when I was in my peak IM training. 56 miles on the bike was just a warm up! :-)

User image

Champion
Alabama
So only 1 year and 1 week till we toe the line at IM Chatt!

I have set the bar pretty high for myself and it's a little embarrassing but I will share my 'storey'.

At the doctor’s office 31 July '13 and I weighed 350 lbs. Yikes. The doctor said I was too heavy. Thank your Doctor Obvious. I am 6'3" and have always been a big guy but I was 255 when I did my last IM in 2008. So starting in August I started swimming regularly. When they announced IMChatt I thought that was the thing I needed to keep me focused. I needed a deadline to keep me from procrastinating.

So now I am swimming 3,000 yds 5x a week in the morning, walking for an hour 4 times a week in the evenings and biking 30 min/day at lunch. I’m staying to about 1,500 calories during the week and no alcohol. On the weekends I let my hair down and eat pizza and have some beers or wine or JD. I’m down 30 lbs so far and have a sporty goal of getting down to 200 lbs by next Sept. My plan is to continue with the s/b/r for weight loss and base building thru the fall and winter and then start serious training in the spring. I want to lost most of the weight before I start training as it is hard to lose weight and fuel your runs and biking gains. I’m worried that my knees are not going to hold up to the runs…..I’m still too heavy to start running. I’ll wait till I get under 275 before I start running again and then mostly on the TM so I get the cushion of the springboard.

I have only run and biked few times in the last 2+ years. I'm almost going from couch-to-IM....or IM-to-couch-to-IM. As long as I am careful and don't get injurred, I know I can lose the weight and be in IM shape come next Sept. I can swim the 2.4 miles now even at 320 lbs so I'm not worried about the swim. The run worries because I've had knee issues.....surgery on both knees. My thinking is, if I can get down in the neighborhood of 200 lbs, I will hammer the bike...and give myself enough time to run/walk the marathon.

I will continue to post my weight over the next year as I see that as critical to my success next Sept.

User image

Veteran
Va Beach

Sounds like a good plan, I am using Be Iron Fit by Don Fink and will also being doing Raleigh. I did it last year and it was good race.
in reply to: godekjames

User image

Originally posted by godekjames

Sounds like a good plan, I am using Be Iron Fit by Don Fink and will also being doing Raleigh. I did it last year and it was good race.

Yeah I've only heard good things about Raleigh. Plus the elevation profile looks comparable to IMCHOO so it should be a good training benchmark to see where we're at.

User image

Veteran
Kansas

I have set the bar pretty high for myself and it's a little embarrassing but I will share my 'storey'.

At the doctor’s office 31 July '13 and I weighed 350 lbs. Yikes. The doctor said I was too heavy. Thank your Doctor Obvious. I am 6'3" and have always been a big guy but I was 255 when I did my last IM in 2008. So starting in August I started swimming regularly. When they announced IMChatt I thought that was the thing I needed to keep me focused. I needed a deadline to keep me from procrastinating.

So now I am swimming 3,000 yds 5x a week in the morning, walking for an hour 4 times a week in the evenings and biking 30 min/day at lunch. I’m staying to about 1,500 calories during the week and no alcohol. On the weekends I let my hair down and eat pizza and have some beers or wine or JD. I’m down 30 lbs so far and have a sporty goal of getting down to 200 lbs by next Sept. My plan is to continue with the s/b/r for weight loss and base building thru the fall and winter and then start serious training in the spring. I want to lost most of the weight before I start training as it is hard to lose weight and fuel your runs and biking gains. I’m worried that my knees are not going to hold up to the runs…..I’m still too heavy to start running. I’ll wait till I get under 275 before I start running again and then mostly on the TM so I get the cushion of the springboard.

I have only run and biked few times in the last 2+ years. I'm almost going from couch-to-IM....or IM-to-couch-to-IM. As long as I am careful and don't get injurred, I know I can lose the weight and be in IM shape come next Sept. I can swim the 2.4 miles now even at 320 lbs so I'm not worried about the swim. The run worries because I've had knee issues.....surgery on both knees. My thinking is, if I can get down in the neighborhood of 200 lbs, I will hammer the bike...and give myself enough time to run/walk the marathon.

I will continue to post my weight over the next year as I see that as critical to my success next Sept.

Sounds like you've worked out a very ambitious but acheivable goal and I am sure I speak for everyone that we'll be encouraging you and everyone else along the way this coming year. You made a really good point about weight loss and IM training. Such a myth that IM training will automatically result in weight loss and we'lll all look like Craig Alexander on the starting line. To effectively train, you have to fuel and when I did IMFL, especially after my training bike rides, I couldn't eat enough afterwards to feel satisfied.

I remember the show the Biggest Loser used to end the season by having the finalist train and complete a marathon. They showed how most of them were getting up and eating in the middle of the night ... etc., and the trainers were bashing them for their lack of self-control. Trainers admittedly have never done a marathon, which was both idiotic and revealing of them to not understand that training for a marathon, especially by people who are new to a healthier lifestyle is not the best formula for weight loss as they were constantly hungry.

Anyway, I am also using the Fall and Winter to try and get to a specified race weight as I know once training starts in earnest, it's not the best focus for training.

Good luck!

in reply to: cjkelly0729

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by cjkelly0729

Sounds like you've worked out a very ambitious but acheivable goal and I am sure I speak for everyone that we'll be encouraging you and everyone else along the way this coming year. You made a really good point about weight loss and IM training. Such a myth that IM training will automatically result in weight loss and we'lll all look like Craig Alexander on the starting line. To effectively train, you have to fuel and when I did IMFL, especially after my training bike rides, I couldn't eat enough afterwards to feel satisfied.

I remember the show the Biggest Loser used to end the season by having the finalist train and complete a marathon. They showed how most of them were getting up and eating in the middle of the night ... etc., and the trainers were bashing them for their lack of self-control. Trainers admittedly have never done a marathon, which was both idiotic and revealing of them to not understand that training for a marathon, especially by people who are new to a healthier lifestyle is not the best formula for weight loss as they were constantly hungry.

Anyway, I am also using the Fall and Winter to try and get to a specified race weight as I know once training starts in earnest, it's not the best focus for training.

Good luck!

Thanks Christian!

User image

Rogillio - you're in Alabama? you plan on riding the course this fall/winter? My wife and I plan on trying to do it a few times before spring. we're thinking a pedestrian pace ride of probably just the loop (so 45ish miles). anyone is welcome whenever i get that planned!

User image

Champion
Alabama

Rogillio - you're in Alabama? you plan on riding the course this fall/winter? My wife and I plan on trying to do it a few times before spring. we're thinking a pedestrian pace ride of probably just the loop (so 45ish miles). anyone is welcome whenever i get that planned!

Yes, I'm only about 2 hrs from there. I'm not in any sort of shape for biking yet....probably be spring before I'm up capable...and then IDK if I want to bike it before the race. I kinda like the excitement of the unknown on race day.....it keeps the course interesting not knowing what is around the next turn in the road or over the top of the next hill.

User image

Extreme Veteran
Traverse City, MI

I may have convinced my husband to take a trip there in the springtime to check out the course.  I would love to get togther and ride with someone who is familiar with the area.

Will this likely be a start similar to Louisville?

in reply to: emferg

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by emferg

I may have convinced my husband to take a trip there in the springtime to check out the course.  I would love to get togther and ride with someone who is familiar with the area.

I don't think so. IMKY was a TT start on ~ 2 second intervals. I think this is gonna be a barge start where they put a few hundred on a barge and drag it out to the center of the river, sound the horn and everyone jumps in. I'm not sure how they decide who is on what barge but presumably it is by AG.

User image

Originally posted by emferg

I don't think so. IMKY was a TT start on ~ 2 second intervals. I think this is gonna be a barge start where they put a few hundred on a barge and drag it out to the center of the river, sound the horn and everyone jumps in. I'm not sure how they decide who is on what barge but presumably it is by AG.

I was watching a video on the IM site and the speaker referenced something about anticipate swim time as the gauge for how you line up. Not sure if that will hold true or not.

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by Rogillio So only 1 year and 1 week till we toe the line at IM Chatt! I have set the bar pretty high for myself and it's a little embarrassing but I will share my 'storey'. At the doctor’s office 31 July '13 and I weighed 350 lbs. Yikes. The doctor said I was too heavy. Thank your Doctor Obvious. I am 6'3" and have always been a big guy but I was 255 when I did my last IM in 2008. So starting in August I started swimming regularly. When they announced IMChatt I thought that was the thing I needed to keep me focused. I needed a deadline to keep me from procrastinating. So now I am swimming 3,000 yds 5x a week in the morning, walking for an hour 4 times a week in the evenings and biking 30 min/day at lunch. I’m staying to about 1,500 calories during the week and no alcohol. On the weekends I let my hair down and eat pizza and have some beers or wine or JD. I’m down 30 lbs so far and have a sporty goal of getting down to 200 lbs by next Sept. My plan is to continue with the s/b/r for weight loss and base building thru the fall and winter and then start serious training in the spring. I want to lost most of the weight before I start training as it is hard to lose weight and fuel your runs and biking gains. I’m worried that my knees are not going to hold up to the runs…..I’m still too heavy to start running. I’ll wait till I get under 275 before I start running again and then mostly on the TM so I get the cushion of the springboard. I have only run and biked few times in the last 2+ years. I'm almost going from couch-to-IM....or IM-to-couch-to-IM. As long as I am careful and don't get injurred, I know I can lose the weight and be in IM shape come next Sept. I can swim the 2.4 miles now even at 320 lbs so I'm not worried about the swim. The run worries because I've had knee issues.....surgery on both knees. My thinking is, if I can get down in the neighborhood of 200 lbs, I will hammer the bike...and give myself enough time to run/walk the marathon. I will continue to post my weight over the next year as I see that as critical to my success next Sept.

Firstly - congrats on how far you've already come Mike - being down 30lbs since July 31st is freakin' impressive! 

Secondly - keep at it.  You know you can do the distance, you've done it before, you can do it again.

Thirdly - Don't worry too much about the run right now.  Get yourself to where you can hammer on the bike and do what you have to do to finish the marathon.  This coming from a girl who's had her right knee reconstructed twice and I know what it's like to run on joints that are less than 100%. Not fun.

Fourthly (is that a word?) - You ROCK and I think it's awesome you're taking on this challenge!! 

in reply to: pjcycles63

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas
Is anyone from here also on the Chattanooga FB page?? 
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Pro
Canandaigua NY
Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Originally posted by Rogillio So only 1 year and 1 week till we toe the line at IM Chatt! I have set the bar pretty high for myself and it's a little embarrassing but I will share my 'storey'. At the doctor’s office 31 July '13 and I weighed 350 lbs. Yikes. The doctor said I was too heavy. Thank your Doctor Obvious. I am 6'3" and have always been a big guy but I was 255 when I did my last IM in 2008. So starting in August I started swimming regularly. When they announced IMChatt I thought that was the thing I needed to keep me focused. I needed a deadline to keep me from procrastinating. So now I am swimming 3,000 yds 5x a week in the morning, walking for an hour 4 times a week in the evenings and biking 30 min/day at lunch. I’m staying to about 1,500 calories during the week and no alcohol. On the weekends I let my hair down and eat pizza and have some beers or wine or JD. I’m down 30 lbs so far and have a sporty goal of getting down to 200 lbs by next Sept. My plan is to continue with the s/b/r for weight loss and base building thru the fall and winter and then start serious training in the spring. I want to lost most of the weight before I start training as it is hard to lose weight and fuel your runs and biking gains. I’m worried that my knees are not going to hold up to the runs…..I’m still too heavy to start running. I’ll wait till I get under 275 before I start running again and then mostly on the TM so I get the cushion of the springboard. I have only run and biked few times in the last 2+ years. I'm almost going from couch-to-IM....or IM-to-couch-to-IM. As long as I am careful and don't get injurred, I know I can lose the weight and be in IM shape come next Sept. I can swim the 2.4 miles now even at 320 lbs so I'm not worried about the swim. The run worries because I've had knee issues.....surgery on both knees. My thinking is, if I can get down in the neighborhood of 200 lbs, I will hammer the bike...and give myself enough time to run/walk the marathon. I will continue to post my weight over the next year as I see that as critical to my success next Sept.

Firstly - congrats on how far you've already come Mike - being down 30lbs since July 31st is freakin' impressive! 

Secondly - keep at it.  You know you can do the distance, you've done it before, you can do it again.

Thirdly - Don't worry too much about the run right now.  Get yourself to where you can hammer on the bike and do what you have to do to finish the marathon.  This coming from a girl who's had her right knee reconstructed twice and I know what it's like to run on joints that are less than 100%. Not fun.

Fourthly (is that a word?) - You ROCK and I think it's awesome you're taking on this challenge!! 

Agreed!

New Thread
General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman Chattanooga : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 25

RELATED POSTS

Ford Ironman 70.3 California: Official Thread Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10

Started by kwfire
Views: 31333 Posts: 235

2009-05-07 8:59 AM Project_A

Ironman Coeur d'Alene : Official Thread Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24

Started by Birkierunner
Views: 61850 Posts: 579

2009-06-24 2:09 PM ironlib

Ironman Louisville : Official Thread Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80

Started by B-RAD 303
Views: 174922 Posts: 1998

2009-10-15 7:16 PM Tri Sam

Ironman Canada: Official Thread Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12

Started by smorg
Views: 41139 Posts: 277

2009-10-01 7:20 AM LK2SKI
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 23, 2012
author : ytriguy
comments : 0
Often it makes sense to race slower in order to finish faster and at the same time have a more enjoyable Ironman Triathlon experience.

date : April 18, 2012
author : alicefoeller
comments : 3
An unexpected upside of completing a full distance triathlon
date : June 27, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 8
A middle-of-the-pack triathlete takes on the iron distance for the first time at Rev3's inaugural full distance race

date : February 23, 2009
author : mat steinmetz
I will be 20 this summer and am planning on doing Ironman Montreal. This will be my first year of triathlon, can I do this and stay away from injuries?
date : November 17, 2008
author : mrakes1
During the race there will be plenty of opportunities to exchange bottles, so I'm thinking about going with the aero bottle and Gatorade bottle and fill up as necessary. What should I do?

date : September 12, 2007
author : johnrunner
comments : 6
Race report on the Chattanooga Waterfront Tri - Beginners Point of View. This was my first Olympic length triathlon and also the first time I had done a race with cycling shoes instead of cages.
date : July 30, 2006
author : IRONVIKING
If a heart patient can do these things, then so can those of you who haven't been split open like a fish and sewn back together.

date : June 4, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 2
I was not an official; I simply observed the race and the officials doing their thing. Here is what I saw: