BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Enders_Shadow's Group - eating clean & getting lean - FULL Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 18

2014-01-02 3:46 PM
in reply to: michmich

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Enders_Shadow's Group - eating clean & getting lean - FULL
Happy New Year, all! I'm slowly emerging from the holidays. I have a friend visiting from out of town, so things have been a little busy. He leaves on Saturday, so I'll have more time to check into BT once he goes!

Chiming in to the questions being asked for now.... I'll try to catch up with all the ongoing conversations in the next few days!

1. I started clean eating yesterday! My plan is to start changing habits slowly, rather than all at once. So my first goal is to eliminate alcohol, cheese, and pasta from my diet since I tend to overdo those things. I'll focus on eating my veggies, whole grains, complex carbs, lean proteins, etc. I know there was a question floating out there asking about bread subs, but honestly, if I can successfully avoid eating sandwiches, I'm not generally a bread eater. My clean-eating carb sources tend to be grains, potatoes, root veggies, etc.

2. Successes over the holiday season: I got to see a lot of friends and family and catch up with people from out of town I don't normally see! I wasn't really focused/ worried about diet over the holidays, so in terms of that, there weren't really any goals I had succeeded or failed in.

3. Goals for the year: For this year, I really want to focus on getting lean and get rid of all the injury weight and ensuing depressed-I'm-injured weight. Since I don't plan on focusing on any races, I want to lose a fairly significant amount of weight. I'll aim for a 30 lb weight loss by the end of the year. That's just a little over a 1/2 lb per week.

4. Goals for this month: Like I said, eliminate alcohol, cheese, and pasta from my diet (no more mac and cheese!!) If it's going well, I'll add in other changes, like cutting back on other forms of simple carbs, increasing veggie intake, etc. Get back into a regular strength training routine. Add in swimming and running (or xc skiing, whichever is more fun depending on the weather).

Happy Birthdays, Michelle and Tim!

2014-01-02 8:48 PM
in reply to: yogachic

User image

Master

Kristen- congrats on your PR! Great way to start off the new year. 

It looks like everyone is off to a great start. 

1. Have you started eating clean? I've started cleaning up my diet and making better choices. I'm going to start eating my definition of clean tomorrow- Friday. Which basically means fueling my body properly throughout the day. Restricting or eliminating foods has never worked for me. If anything it just makes me crave those foods and sets me up for failure. I've always had better success adding healthy food choices

2. Success over the holiday. I was able to maintain my weight (128) without gaining over the holidays. Also during that time I enjoyed eating foods that we normally don't eat or have around. 

3. Goals for the year: Increasing sleep from 5-6 hours a night to 7-8 hours a night. Increase water intake and decrease Diet Dr. Pepper consumption. Take my vitamins and iron supplements on a daily basis. Track foods with MFP and sync with Fitbit. Get down to race weight (120-123) without compromising fueling needs for workouts in the process. Limit alcohol to 1 night per week- normally this is on Friday nights out with hubby. 1 cheat meal per week. Plan and prepare foods at home to decrease chances of eating out. Explore new recipes and foods. 

Race schedule: Jan-March- Running races and building for triathlon season. March- April- Sprint or OLY first race season. Texas 70.3 or NOLA 70.3, May-July- Sprint and Oly races, August- Age Group Nationals (need to qualify early season March-May), September- HIM, November- IMAZ

4. Monthly goals: Same as yearly goals with a few additions. Add in 5 fruits or veggies per day. Pack and cook all meals for the week. Plan menu's, Weigh daily to track water. Balance nutrient intake- use MFP. Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day. Workouts are determined by my coach. 

2014-01-02 11:15 PM
in reply to: yogachic

User image

Extreme Veteran
Penticton, BC
Wow!! I was just behind a little, I thought.

Maria, Rene, Marilyn and Michelle - Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be doing my homework for awhile but lots to be pleased with.

Rene - I was eating quite a bit of bread - like half a loaf/day so I wanted to cut down on the bread plus aim for lower glycemic foods. I've decreased my consumption quite a bit but I know I need options to be able to make the change. Bread is just one of my problem areas. I do love yams, oatmeal, quinoa and we're experimenting with black beans, chickpeas and lentils.

Marilyn - Fruit wise I keep my consumption modest but I do make some great smoothies with blackberries and raspberries (we grow them in our backyard - really cheap and not too hard). I really like the "lettuce wrap" idea. I'll use it for sure. I'll also look for the Tofuyan Pita in our local whole foods store.

Michelle - I'd appreciate those links if it isn't too much trouble. And, a belated Happy Birthday to you and Tim.

I haven't fully started to eat clean yet. I did keep pretty clean today so far but I still have to get through the weekend. I'm fairly pleased that although I've been pretty sedentary since the 21st of Dec. I've managed to not gain any weight which is quite a shock to me.

Goals - I've signed up for the Victoria (BC) HIM, June 15th and the Calgary HIM, July 27th. Plus I intend to do a Duathlon in May (1st event of our season); Penticton Axel Merckx GranFondo July 13th; Across the Lake 2.1Km swim, July 19th; Challenge Penticton HIM August 24th and to finish the season Cultus Lake Olympic, Sept 13th.

Goals for January are pretty much run focused. I'm not too concerned about swimming or cycling but I can cut a lot of time if I improve my run fitness. So I'm aiming for 4hrs/wk for January then I'll reassess for Feb.

2014-01-03 8:24 AM
in reply to: wenceslasz

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

There is STILL so much junk food in my house.  I plan to take lots of it in to work to share with my coworkers, keep some of it as treats (husband put really good dark dark chocolate bars in my stocking) but still...so much of it!  AAACCKKK!!!!

2014-01-03 8:37 AM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Originally posted by mehaner

There is STILL so much junk food in my house.  I plan to take lots of it in to work to share with my coworkers, keep some of it as treats (husband put really good dark dark chocolate bars in my stocking) but still...so much of it!  AAACCKKK!!!!

Marilyn, my co-workers have become my new de facto garbage disposal system!

Unrelated question: Is there a way on BT to see if you have new inspires? On the old system, you would have an alert at the top of the page telling you you had new ones, but I don't see anything like that now. Am I missing something?
2014-01-03 8:38 AM

User image

Veteran
I think that there is one brownie and some gingerbread left in my house. I'm glad the brownies are gone, way too hard to eat just one. Gingerbread is good slightly warmed with homemade whipped cream. At least I can eat just one and it should be gone or too stale by the end of the weekend.

I managed a walk/run on my treadmill yesterday. I'm really starting from scratch on running. My weight certainly doesn't help.

I also tried out my stretch cordz yesterday. I did 3 x10 two armed swimmer pulls then 3 x 10 tricept extensions. I see where this could be helpful with my arm strength. I'm not sure how far back to stand to get enough resistance. I'll continue to try to figure that out.

30 minute trainer ride on the schedule today. Again starting from scratch.

2014-01-03 8:40 AM
in reply to: chichitao

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by chichitao
Originally posted by mehaner

Marilyn, my co-workers have become my new de facto garbage disposal system! Unrelated question: Is there a way on BT to see if you have new inspires? On the old system, you would have an alert at the top of the page telling you you had new ones, but I don't see anything like that now. Am I missing something?

there is still an alert, however i don't think everything works too well in internet explorer.  i use google chrome and have no issues since the change.  it should be in the upper right next to "hello chichitao" and if you click on it will take you to your newest inspire.

2014-01-03 9:07 AM

User image

Champion
Out running or enjoying a fine glass of red...
Morning all - busy day here, but I just wanted to pop in and say hi!

One thing that I've realized in the last couple days (with really long workouts) is that I'm going to need to skip the 21DSD (or modify it so much that it doesn't really look the same anymore). I need a little more fuel. So my current thinking is that I will eat real food (including fruits - beyond green apples and bananas) and that I will eat training food while training (gu, gatorade, etc.) - I just can't get jazzed to run for 3 hours on dates and sweet potatoes...but those foods are great for after training. I'm still cutting out processed food, fast food, etc. and will start working to add more veggies.

I'll try to get some inspires out later this afternoon. Have a great Friday!
2014-01-03 9:14 AM

User image

Expert
, North Carolina

Marilyn - I've done the Carolina Double Sprint a few times before under a different name (Kure beach Double Sprint). You swim in the ocean for 400 yards parallel to beach, stop at T1 for shoes then run 1.5 miles to T2 for your bike, ride a 7 mile out and back twice, rack bike back at T2 and put your shoes back on again for a 1.5 mile run back to T1 where you grab your goggles and jump back in the ocean for 400 yards to the finish!  I do not generally like Sprints, but I LOVE this one!!!  I have some race reports for Kure Beach Double if you care to look.

Cathy - I'm with you on the pushups and pullups!  I saw your thread in the Strength Training forum.  I started the 100 pushup challenge yesterday.  I'm not as focused on the pullups, but would like to be able to do a few.  I'm also trying a burpee challenge!  As for your PR, I'm sure you can do it!  You're already pretty close to that 2 hour mark.

Michelle - Happy belated birthday!  I am interested in the links for the coconut four/almond flour tortillas.  I sometimes make a muffin out of Flax meal, but would like to try other variations.

I ate clean yesterday, did my dumbbells in the morning, and ran 4.5 miles in the evening.  I hope to spin a little after work and maybe do some yoga tonight to loosen up my tight muscles.

2014-01-03 3:43 PM
in reply to: #4922769

2014-01-03 3:44 PM
in reply to: #4923644

Thank you for the Birthday wishes!!

2014-01-03 10:57 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Penticton, BC
Thanks for the info michmich. I've copied them to my computer and will check them out.

I've completed my second day of eating clean(er) and enjoying it so far but I do find I'm feeling hungry most of the time. I don't mind some hunger pangs but I'll have to make adjustments as I pick up the pace of my training next week.

As others have said, I still have lots of food to get rid of but I don't have co-workers to pass it along. I may donate some of it to our local food bank - at least the non-perishables.
2014-01-03 11:05 PM
in reply to: enders_shadow

User image

Extreme Veteran
Penticton, BC
Originally posted by enders_shadow

Morning all - busy day here, but I just wanted to pop in and say hi!

One thing that I've realized in the last couple days (with really long workouts) is that I'm going to need to skip the 21DSD (or modify it so much that it doesn't really look the same anymore). I need a little more fuel. So my current thinking is that I will eat real food (including fruits - beyond green apples and bananas) and that I will eat training food while training (gu, gatorade, etc.) - I just can't get jazzed to run for 3 hours on dates and sweet potatoes...but those foods are great for after training. I'm still cutting out processed food, fast food, etc. and will start working to add more veggies.

I'll try to get some inspires out later this afternoon. Have a great Friday!

When I read your comment on eating training food and I wondered if anyone might have suggestions for training food or alternatives. I know I found Hammer Perpetuem worked well for me in my races but ate up a lot of time mixing it up along the race route. I don't care much for solid foods while racing - just too hard or dry to chew. I'll keep using Perpetuem for training but I need something more convenient for races.

What does everyone else do?

I do make some great smoothies with Raspberries/Blackberries (big handful); Almond milk; Greek Yoghurt; and sometimes a ripe banana. No measuring.
2014-01-04 7:27 AM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by wenceslasz Thanks for the info michmich. I've copied them to my computer and will check them out. I've completed my second day of eating clean(er) and enjoying it so far but I do find I'm feeling hungry most of the time. I don't mind some hunger pangs but I'll have to make adjustments as I pick up the pace of my training next week. As others have said, I still have lots of food to get rid of but I don't have co-workers to pass it along. I may donate some of it to our local food bank - at least the non-perishables.

i think hunger is normal when you switch to cleaner foods.  you need to eat SO MUCH MORE food to get the same amount of calories.  this is one of the things i struggle with - preparing enough snacks/meals to get me through a work day.  i like to add more calorie/nutrient dense things like almonds or peanut butter, that don't take as much space in my lunch bag.  eat a good breakfast too, that helps!  i eat eggs EVERY DAY and generally can get through to lunch without too much hunger.

2014-01-04 8:39 AM

User image

Expert
Originally posted by wenceslasz

When I read your comment on eating training food and I wondered if anyone might have suggestions for training food or alternatives. I know I found Hammer Perpetuem worked well for me in my races but ate up a lot of time mixing it up along the race route. I don't care much for solid foods while racing - just too hard or dry to chew. I'll keep using Perpetuem for training but I need something more convenient for races.

I do make some great smoothies with Raspberries/Blackberries (big handful); Almond milk; Greek Yoghurt; and sometimes a ripe banana. No measuring.

I use Perpetuem for HIM, but I don't mix it up along the race route. I'd imagine doing that would take too much time! I just throw 4 hours worth of powder into a water bottle, and fill it with ice (no water) in the morning of the race. Depending on the timing of the race-- what wave I'm in, what time I got to transition, etc)-- usually the ice is melted by the time I start the bike, and i just shake it up then sip from that bottle the whole race. I make sure to use a bottle that's see-through, so I can see how much of it I'm drinking throughout the race. For a 4-hour bottle, I need 1/4 bottle per hour, and there should be leftovers at the end since it doesn't take me 4 hrs to do the bike leg. If you're faster than me, you could do a 3 or 3.5 hr bottle instead, but I make sure I have more nutrition than necessary so I don't run out!

If the lag is too long, I'll keep my nutrition bottle in an insulated lunch box w/ice pack in my transition area before the race to keep it cooler longer. I just would then make sure to grab it and put it on the bike cage after the swim. My other water bottle & aerobottle only have water in it, and I generally just use a bottle I don't mind throwing away, so I just toss it and grab a new water at aid stations as I run out. I usually don't stop for this, as most races I do will do water hand-offs without having to stop.

For shorter distance races, I use Heed. Since the bike isn't as long, I'll mix up the Heed in 1-2 waterbottles to use as-is. I pour one directly into my aerobottle, and the second one is in my bike cage (for Olympic; for sprint, I don't need a 2nd bottle of nutrition). If I run out of what's in my aero bottle, I fill it from my nutrition bottle during the ride without stopping, just squirting into the aerodrink through the sponge. If it's particularly hot, I may have a 2nd bottle in my cage with only water to sip on in case I need the extra hydration.

2014-01-04 9:28 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

In my races, I do a combination of Clif bars, GU, and NUUN. I use the mini 100cal clif bars and eat 1-2 on the bike depending on the distance (if too dry just take a bite and drink some water at the same time), then use the GU towards the end of the bike and for the run. I sip on NUUN (electrolite drink with no calories) the entire time.

I tried getting by with just liquid for my races and just can't do it. I end up getting sooo hungry when on the bike that I had to start adding something of substance.

Edited to add that this is only on longer races (HIM). Sprints I do nothing but NUUN and 1 GU at the start of the race, OLYs are GU at start, NUUN, and then 1 more GU at the end of bike. Just be careful and don't overeat (you'll have to experiment and see where that is for you), as that happened to me once and practically ruined my race.

Edited by chichitao 2014-01-04 10:51 AM

2014-01-04 10:20 AM

User image

Master

I've been using UCAN http://www.generationucan.com/ very successfully for the last 2+ years. I only use liquids for all of my races from Sprint to Ironman distances. For the run portion of  HIM or IM distances, I switch over to Roctane Gu diluted in a flask.  I would highly recommend trying UCAN. My favorite flavor is Blueberry Pomegranate. I rarely use nutrition on a sprint distance race. Before the sprint, I'll make sure to eat something for breakfast a few hours before but that will be it until after the race as far as calories/food. On the bike there's always an emergency stash of GU but I don't normally use it.

When I first started racing (HIM/IM) distances my fueling plan included bars, gels and Infinit nutrition. I never really had any significant problems but it also didn't work that well either. Hammer/ Heed Products have never worked well for me. Actually the bike club still tells the story of when I threw up Perpetulum in a bush on a bike ride and then got back on bike and finished the ride. That stuff if nasty (IMO) when it gets hot down here in Texas.

During training I rarely use any nutrition products if the workout is less than 2 hours.Hence my  goal to eat properly throughout the day as to be able to fuel my workouts properly. For example I have 3 workouts today. Had to move a swim over to today because the pool was closed yesterday. Normally I wouldn't  bother to eat before swimming. But since I have a short run and then a hard bike workout today I went ahead and ate breakfast before the swim. Came home and ate some almonds and drank a fruit smoothie. That way I won't be behind nutritionally for the next 2 workouts.

Edited by Catwoman 2014-01-04 10:26 AM
2014-01-04 12:52 PM

User image

Expert
Ontario

Originally posted by enders_shadow Morning all - busy day here, but I just wanted to pop in and say hi! One thing that I've realized in the last couple days (with really long workouts) is that I'm going to need to skip the 21DSD (or modify it so much that it doesn't really look the same anymore). I need a little more fuel. So my current thinking is that I will eat real food (including fruits - beyond green apples and bananas) and that I will eat training food while training (gu, gatorade, etc.) - I just can't get jazzed to run for 3 hours on dates and sweet potatoes...but those foods are great for after training. I'm still cutting out processed food, fast food, etc. and will start working to add more veggies. I'll try to get some inspires out later this afternoon. Have a great Friday!
When I read your comment on eating training food and I wondered if anyone might have suggestions for training food or alternatives. I know I found Hammer Perpetuem worked well for me in my races but ate up a lot of time mixing it up along the race route. I don't care much for solid foods while racing - just too hard or dry to chew. I'll keep using Perpetuem for training but I need something more convenient for races. What does everyone else do? I do make some great smoothies with Raspberries/Blackberries (big handful); Almond milk; Greek Yoghurt; and sometimes a ripe banana. No measuring.

I am not doing enough volume right now to need to 'fuel' my training.  Have always used just water for runs/rides up to about 90 minutes.  I have used Gatorade for runs if it is in the morning and I haven't eaten yet.  If I'm planning longer than 90 mins run or 2 hours cycle I will bring gels and and have 1/2 gel every 30 - 45 mins and drink water.  On long rides I will bring cliff bars sometimes.    For racing a sprint I would have water only, Olympic water and gels.  HIM I brought Gatorade, water and powergels on the bike, water and gel on the run.  I prefer the thicker consistency of powergel brand gels over gu but I find a whole gel packet is too much so will have only 1/2 at a time.

For people who are finding that eating 'clean' is leaving them hungry I would add a bit more protein/fat to your meals and snacks to keep you full longer.

Edited by cathyd 2014-01-04 12:58 PM
2014-01-04 1:59 PM
in reply to: cathyd

User image

Champion
Ugh - Not a great weekend for me eating wise - last night was pizza and beer. It was really good pizza though. However, when we got home, I snagged one of my daughters' cookies...one bad choice leads to another. Doing better today, but it's my younger daughter's birthday and we have a family rule that no matter what, we all eat cake. So tonight is hibachi (which is pretty clean) and cake (which is not).

Beyond training food, I'm having a hard time getting my nutrition dialed in around my workouts too. Yesterday I swam early, had some gatorade/nuts/eggs, then went to run and was completely wiped. Only got in 4 miles instead of my planned 6.

For my HIM last fall, I did gatorade and a payday bar, plus a gu - before the run. Not nearly enough calories. On the run, I ate off the course - chex mix, oranges, and coke. That was awesome - but this year I'm hoping to do better with my bike nutrition so that I don't need to eat so much on the run...plan on doing much less walking on the run this year - leaving me less time for eating. Plus with planning my first full IM, I am very nervous about getting this nutrition stuff right - I don't want to be foiled by that.
2014-01-04 5:20 PM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

i have been scouring pinterest for recipe ideas all week!  i have cooked so much food, and just stocked up the kitchen with good stuff.  just wanted to share with you guys my meal planning so you can hopefully be inspired!

for breakfast today i made this crustless spinach quiche - so delicious and filling, and easy too!  http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Crustless-Spinach-Quiche/Detail.aspx

for dinner tonight i had some leftover spaghetti squash so i made this dish:  http://www.thefirstmess.com/2013/03/06/spaghetti-squash-noodle-bowl-lime-peanut-sauce/

i cooked some chicken while i made dinner and will be making this simple clean chicken salad to eat for lunch at work all week:  http://becomingbetty.blogspot.com/2011/09/avocado-chicken-salad.html

monday carnitas are going in the crockpot.  i have corn tortillas to serve them with, but also might make my fake refried beans:  http://pinchofyum.com/easy-crockpot-carnitas

best thing is, none of these meals have "crazy" ingredients.  lots of citrus, standard seasonings, soy sauces.  was not really difficult to shop in my very bottom level grocery store (food lion for you mid-atlantic ppl) or already have a lot of stuff in the house.

BUON APPETIT!

2014-01-05 7:26 AM

User image

Expert
, North Carolina

Michelle - Thanks for the links!  I'd try both the tortilla and the naan bread.  Those would make good pizza disks.

George - I have a low tolerance for hunger pangs which usually derails me.  I find that drinking hot tea or hot chicken broth appeases me (often an entire carton of broth!).  Since it is hot, you are forced to sip it so it lasts longer and the amount of fluid fills my tummy. 

As for training and racing food, I use Lara Bars on long bike; sometimes Honey Stinger Waffles.  For liquid nutrition, I use a customized formula of Infinit for long bikes and runs.   Like Kristen said, it is difficult to train long without splurging on sports nutrition.  Like Rene, Anything less than 2 hrs is usually just Nuun water.  For protein powder (either before or after training, not during), I like Jay Robbs best.  It is pretty pure and natural.

Marilyn - A fellow every day egg eater!  Woot woot!  I have had them every day for years now and often again later in the day. I saw your quiche recipe; I LOVE me some spinach quiche!  I make my crustless too, but with feta cheese. Thanks for sharing your recipes.

Rene' - I have heard LOTS good things about UCAN!  Perhaps I'll give it a go.

Kriten - Sounds like you had a nice weekend celebrating your daughter's birthday! Here is a calculator to help you figure out your calorie needs for your Ironman (or any distance):  http://www.tri-talk.com/TriTalkNC/TriTalkNC.htm

I did good this weekend and the scale budged a tiny bit.  I'm going to log my weight on Mondays and also my blood sugar level.  I forgot I have a blood sugar monitor, so I thought it would be fun to see if/how it changes as I clean up my diet.  It was 92 today.

Yesterday, I did stretching and foam roller, then ran 9 miles.  Today I will just do some sort of core workout.  Tomorrow I am going back to my Body Pump class!  I haven't done Body Pump in several months, but hopefully my home dumbbell routine has kept me in good enough shape that it won't be too painful.

It is Sunday everyone.  Be sure to prepare your food and pack your training bags for the week!

2014-01-05 9:09 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Speaking of crustless quiches...those are a morning staple when I am eating healthy. Here is my simple recipe...

8 eggs
1/3 cup water

Whisk it all together and that's it!

Well, not completely, but that is the base. Then feel free to add anything you want to it. If you like ur veggies a little crunchy then throw them in raw, but if not then pre-cook them. Definitely cook ur meats ahead of time.

Here are some "flavor" ideas I use:

Italian - prosciutto, parmesan, basil, tomato
Mexican - chorizo, green chiles, cotija cheese, onion
American - bacon, cheddar, spinach, tomato
Seafood - smoked salmon, dill, green onion, swiss

Mix it all together with the egg mixture (salt, pepper, and other seasonings if you like - I find the cheese and meats add enough salt for me) and bake in a greased!!!!! 9in round cake pan @ 350 for 30min.

Makes 4 servings and roughly 150-300 calories per serving depending on ur ingredients. I make it Sun night and eat it all work week. Will be making one tonight.

Edited by chichitao 2014-01-05 10:44 AM
2014-01-05 4:03 PM
in reply to: chichitao

User image

Champion
I'm loving the recipes, guys - thanks! Once I do my menu planning for the week, I'll share.

Question - what are your eating goals for this coming week? Is there one nutritional thing you're focusing on or an overall plan?
2014-01-05 4:05 PM

User image

Champion

Question - what are your eating goals for this coming week? Is there one nutritional thing you're focusing on or an overall plan?

My eating goals for the coming week are to 1) log my food - I'm just using a notebook right now...I want to focus more on what and when I'm eating that the magic numbers at the end of the day and 2) MORE VEGGIES! I've been horrible about veg over the holidays.
2014-01-05 4:27 PM

User image

Veteran

My main eating goal is also more veggies. At least 2 salads. I've prepared chili and broccoli and cheddar soup as easy things to grab to get me through the week.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Enders_Shadow's Group - eating clean & getting lean - FULL Rss Feed  

of 18

RELATED POSTS

BrotherTri’s - Triathlon Training Support Group - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13

Started by BrotherTri
Views: 20303 Posts: 308

2014-04-13 8:12 AM mcmanusclan5

Daffodil and JuniperJen’s New Parents Tri’ing Group - OPEN Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14

Started by juniperjen
Views: 24945 Posts: 329

2014-07-12 2:16 PM Happyinmarin

Shane's (gsmacleod) Coaching Mentor Group - Open Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by gsmacleod
Views: 16474 Posts: 116

2014-05-14 7:37 AM Dominion

Birkierunner's (Jim Kelley) General + Long Course Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17

Started by Birkierunner
Views: 30260 Posts: 415

2014-05-16 9:06 AM Birkierunner

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.

date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips
date : September 10, 2009
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 6
Should I be working on getting faster at running by doing the longer distances and working up slowly over time or run faster for shorter distances now?

date : May 12, 2009
author : mat steinmetz
I'm too slow for some group rides and of course I want to increase it for races. What exercise/training should I be focusing on?
date : March 5, 2009
author : mrakes1
Discussions on an eating plan to lose weight, lean protein sources, being hungry, recovery foods, eggs and Marni's favorite supplements.

date : March 2, 2009
author : FitWerx
comments : 5
Dirty bike chain? Have you ever thought about cleaning it? We cover the basics of how to clean your bike chain and the use of different cleaners, degreasers and lubricants.
date : April 1, 2008
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 1
Coaches and parents alike want their athletes to eat well and be healthy. The struggling athletes just want people to stop policing their eating and exercise.

date : February 7, 2008
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 1
The suggestions guide you towards an eating style that's simple and practical, yet can effectively help you eat well to perform well, despite today’s bewildering food environment.