Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 59

2013-09-01 9:50 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI
Subject: RE: 100d x 10m = 1 strong core
I doubled on Sat for missing Friday, and then promptly missed today. I'm drunk, and a mental disaster at the moment, so I will have to double up again tomorrow to get current.

Had about eleventy beers today, shots not counted. Over an hour left, could be an issue.

Edited by MSU_Brad 2013-09-01 9:51 PM

2013-09-01 10:17 PM
in reply to: MSU_Brad

User image

Master

Originally posted by MSU_Brad I doubled on Sat for missing Friday, and then promptly missed today. I'm drunk, and a mental disaster at the moment, so I will have to double up again tomorrow to get current. Had about eleventy beers today, shots not counted. Over an hour left, could be an issue.

Well, I am currently not drunk, but off the wagon.  I have missed two days not including today.  Just busy days and not motivated despite the fact that I know it is helping my running...

2013-09-01 11:05 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Originally posted by MSU_Brad I doubled on Sat for missing Friday, and then promptly missed today. I'm drunk, and a mental disaster at the moment, so I will have to double up again tomorrow to get current. Had about eleventy beers today, shots not counted. Over an hour left, could be an issue.

I'm finding that it is best if at all possible to get the work in before the fun starts especially if I'm going to have any more than a few.  I got my bike/run in earlier but ran out of time before I could get my core done.  I held to two beers at a friend's wedding this evening after the last three nights of parties.  I'm beat but I think if I just take my time I'll get it done.  My daughter's wedding last night was perfect.

Edited by popsracer 2013-09-01 11:07 PM
2013-09-01 11:12 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Master
Originally posted by popsracer

I'm finding that it is best if at all possible to get the work in before the fun starts especially if I'm going to have any more than a few.  I got my bike/run in earlier but ran out of time before I could get my core done.  I held to two beers at a friend's wedding this evening after the last three nights of parties.  I'm beat but I think if I just take my time I'll get it done.  My daughter's wedding last night was perfect.

Glad to hear your daughter's wedding went well.  What song did you decide on?

2013-09-01 11:27 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA
Originally posted by bcraht

I Loved Her First - Heartland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab4VRWX8y1A

I kept the song secret from her as I wanted it to be a surprise.  When we went out on the dance floor they started playing Black Sabbath's Ironman.  We did an Ironman together last year.  I was totally shocked and told her this wasn't the song I picked.  She gave me that I got you smile and then they played our song.  Maybe Ironman really was OUR song.  It was a magic night.  She gave me a picture the night before of me catching her at the finish line.

Edited by popsracer 2013-09-01 11:32 PM

(wed.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
wed.jpg (25KB - 13 downloads)
2013-09-01 11:30 PM

User image

Master

I kept the song secret from her as I wanted it to be a surprise.  When we went out on the dance floor they started playing Black Sabbath's Ironman.  We did an Ironman together last year.  I was totally shocked and told her this wasn't the song I picked.  She gave me that I got you smile and then they played our song.  Maybe Ironman really was OUR song.  It was a magic night.

Awesome.  It's a beautiful song--I'll bet there wasn't a dry eye in the house.  You'll both cherish the memory I'm sure Laughing

2013-09-01 11:35 PM

User image

Master

I kept the song secret from her as I wanted it to be a surprise.  When we went out on the dance floor they started playing Black Sabbath's Ironman.  We did an Ironman together last year.  I was totally shocked and told her this wasn't the song I picked.  She gave me that I got you smile and then they played our song.  Maybe Ironman really was OUR song.  It was a magic night.

So very cool!^^^ My husband is chuckling as I read him this and our daughter sits in her car seat behind him That sounds like the perfect way for you two to share the moment.
2013-09-02 1:06 AM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Master
OK, 20 min done, still one day behind. 
2013-09-02 9:24 AM
in reply to: bcraht

User image

Veteran
Ferndale
checking in for Sunday.

10 minutes

1 min each, 2 rounds

Stability ball leg curls
8 Count crunch
Stability ball hand off
45 degree leg raise twist things
Row boat

That is awesome about your daughter Steve, congratulations! you must be very proud!

2013-09-02 2:29 PM
in reply to: caffer

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Nice job everyone :)

Brad--your post cracked me up.  Hope you're feeling OK today.

Steve--I'm so glad to hear that your daughter's wedding went well :)

I'm hanging in there, doing better lately with core now that I'm just running.  It feels better when I do it, but like Steve, I definitely need to get it done (or at least a part of it done--like a five minute set) earlier in the day, as it's very hard post dinner clean up and kids to bed to get down on the floor and get it done, especially with a beer or two on board.

2013-09-02 10:21 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI
Had to double up again today. I tend to be a night core guy...usually.

I'm all up to speed!

2013-09-02 10:21 PM

User image

Master
All caught up again...
2013-09-03 5:27 AM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

I kept the song secret from her as I wanted it to be a surprise.  When we went out on the dance floor they started playing Black Sabbath's Ironman.  We did an Ironman together last year.  I was totally shocked and told her this wasn't the song I picked.  She gave me that I got you smile and then they played our song.  Maybe Ironman really was OUR song.  It was a magic night.  She gave me a picture the night before of me catching her at the finish line.

Awesome story and pic.  <sniff> Smile

2013-09-03 5:55 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Nice, congratulations!

2013-09-03 10:38 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

Chris-cdban, love the new avi!

Brad, nice drunk post this weekend Tongue out

Switch, good to hear you're feeling rested and recovered after the stellar HIM performance and focused on running.

Steve, congrats on the wedding and thanks for sharing the sweet story and pic.

As for me, had an awesome long weekend, big old party at our place and the weather even cooperated.  And still manged to get all of my core in!  I can't remember where we put the log though now that it's not in Chris's siggy line.......

2013-09-03 10:47 AM
in reply to: noelle1230

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

2013-09-03 12:43 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Veteran
Ferndale
Checking in for Monday..

50 sec on, 10 sec off. 5 rounds for 20 minutes..

Plank to Push-up hold / plank side leg extension.
V-Abs
Superman (done on hands and knees)
Mountain Climber (Center, Center, RIght, Left) / Push-up

2013-09-03 1:22 PM
in reply to: caffer

User image

Regular
Chicago

Hi everyone -

So I started this challenge late, but I'm 8 days in and haven't missed a day yet. This is actually harder than I thought. The first few days were no problem, but then on Friday I moved my sister to her new house and Saturday I was beat and Sunday was "whoo hoo! don't have to work tomorrow!" and Monday just didnt have the motivation. I still got it done, but I have found that I'm waiting until 10p to get in the core work. I've realized that I also just can't wing it when doing the workout - I really must go back in this thread and get ideas and write down a plan for the next few days (I love lists). I'm interested if anyone else has had motivation problems and how you have addressed them?

Oh yeah - I have seen a decrease in some lower back pain that had flared up recently (one reason why I'm doing this challenge) so I am seeing the benefits.

Melissa

PS Steve, loved the story about your daughter's wedding! Glad it was a great moment for you two.

2013-09-03 3:09 PM
in reply to: noelle1230

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI
Holiday weekends tend to take their toll on me, you guys.
2013-09-03 3:11 PM

User image

Seattle

LOL you got drunk and posted in the core thread of all places!?!?! Hahahaha that is amazing.

2013-09-03 4:50 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Originally posted by MSU_Brad Holiday weekends tend to take their toll on me, you guys.

I hear ya' Brad.  Was glad to get back to work today so I could catch my breath.

2013-09-03 6:32 PM

I'm so out of the loop.
I'll start again for the 3rd time soon.
Mid-August and beginning of Sept. was/is a big race period for me.
Two sprints, an Oly, and a HM.
Well, it ends this Saturday with the HM and I'll jump back into the challenge.
2013-09-03 8:41 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI
Originally posted by Asalzwed

LOL you got drunk and posted in the core thread of all places!?!?! Hahahaha that is amazing.

Are you calling me out on the fact that I am a loser? I know. I was laying on the boat near the end of the night with the iPad in hand. Opened it up to find the BT site up in my browser. Pretty soon, amazing things happened.

And I got my core done tonight after a quick run.
2013-09-03 10:38 PM
in reply to: doxie

User image

Master
Originally posted by doxie

Hi everyone -

So I started this challenge late, but I'm 8 days in and haven't missed a day yet. This is actually harder than I thought. The first few days were no problem, but then on Friday I moved my sister to her new house and Saturday I was beat and Sunday was "whoo hoo! don't have to work tomorrow!" and Monday just didnt have the motivation. I still got it done, but I have found that I'm waiting until 10p to get in the core work. I've realized that I also just can't wing it when doing the workout - I really must go back in this thread and get ideas and write down a plan for the next few days (I love lists). I'm interested if anyone else has had motivation problems and how you have addressed them?

Oh yeah - I have seen a decrease in some lower back pain that had flared up recently (one reason why I'm doing this challenge) so I am seeing the benefits.

Melissa

PS Steve, loved the story about your daughter's wedding! Glad it was a great moment for you two.

Melissa, I have motivation every day on this challenge.  I am sitting here now avoiding doing it!  I can't really tell you why, maybe I just get bored with the exercises.  There really are a million core exercises out there, so that is more of an excuse I guess.  Knowing that I will have to admit to the group that I have missed out helps motivate me some days!  It's weird, because I am very intrinsically motivated for S/B/R.  So, I am totally not helping you, but at least you are know that you are not alone!  I have absolutely noticed that I feel way better on my runs, and it takes much longer to fatigue on runs.  That is what keeps me catching up when I have gotten behind....

2013-09-03 11:40 PM

User image

Master
Originally posted by doxie

Hi everyone -

Melissa

Melissa, I have motivation every day on this challenge.  I am sitting here now avoiding doing it!  I can't really tell you why, maybe I just get bored with the exercises.  There really are a million core exercises out there, so that is more of an excuse I guess.  Knowing that I will have to admit to the group that I have missed out helps motivate me some days!  It's weird, because I am very intrinsically motivated for S/B/R.  So, I am totally not helping you, but at least you are know that you are not alone!  I have absolutely noticed that I feel way better on my runs, and it takes much longer to fatigue on runs.  That is what keeps me catching up when I have gotten behind....

LOL.  I missed the word 'issues' in the first sentence above.  I have motivation issues every day on this challenge.

Just got my 10 min for today in though...

Edited by bcraht 2013-09-03 11:41 PM
New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » 100d x 10m = 1 strong core Rss Feed  

of 59

RELATED POSTS

MARCH ABS / CORE RESULTS

Started by hazmaster
Views: 1421 Posts: 3

2007-04-03 4:11 PM annie

ABS CORE - End of Week #3

Started by hazmaster
Views: 2065 Posts: 19

2007-04-03 7:41 AM saling4

MARCH ABS / CORE - 2ND WEEK!

Started by hazmaster
Views: 1733 Posts: 14

2007-03-26 4:13 PM tritwinmom

ABS / CORE MARCH CHALLENGE - TEAM LIST Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by hazmaster
Views: 10580 Posts: 121

2007-03-20 3:06 PM hazmaster

May Core Strengthening Challenge Pages: 1 2 3

Started by madkat
Views: 5610 Posts: 52

2006-06-03 2:57 PM madkat
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 22, 2010
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 1
Will you will finish your next triathlon swim strong, or will you run out of steam before you even start the majority of your race?

date : September 3, 2006
author : BobbyMcgee
comments : 2
Why triathletes must absolutely warm up, activate muscles, strengthen core, and stretch effectively.
date : July 26, 2006
author : Ron
How do you know if your strength training is effective? Are you getting stronger? Several training log graphs can lend a clue.

date : June 4, 2006
author : mikericci
comments : 2
Weight training and core strength information and links for the silver/gold plans.
date : January 30, 2006
author : Iron MaYden
comments : 0
The goal of this program is simple – for the cyclist to have IMPROVED performance when the next season rolls around, not merely to maintain last season’s fitness.

date : June 14, 2005
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 3
Top swimmers rotate the core of the body from one side to the other while keeping the head fixed. When you rotate in this way, you move through the water more like a fish, maximizing your efficiency.
date : May 3, 2005
author : Team BT
comments : 55
A strong core will allow you to keep optimal body alignment for whatever you’re doing (swim, bike or run), and this in turn will reduce your fatigue in the long run.

date : March 21, 2005
author : Manny
Train your core! The following program is designed for an in-season triathlete, can be done anywhere and with no equipment.