BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 52

2014-11-03 3:15 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Seattle
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered)

Oh my gosh, no fox hunting but a coyote was on the course, and then an off leash dog started chasing it and the two ran through the maters men's race.

2014-11-03 3:18 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master
Orlando
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered)

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Ran/hiked up a mountain Saturday to the most beautiful lake I have ever seen:

Then our team won the Pacific Northwest Cross Country Championships on Sunday. I felt I ran really well. It was a 6K course, 3 2K loops. I ran the first very conservatively and built into it, getting stronger on each loop. I've not been training specifically for xc and using it more as a tool for marathon training + the setbacks left me about a minute slower than last year. Which I actually feel pretty good about. Maybe, just maybe with some hard work in the next three weeks I can do well at Regionals, a few weeks before my marathon. 

What a fabulous looking lake!

Congrats on the race too!

2014-11-03 3:22 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Oh my gosh, no fox hunting but a coyote was on the course, and then an off leash dog started chasing it and the two ran through the maters men's race.

Bet there were some irritated runners about that!!  At least it wouldn't cause a pile-up like almost happened in the TdF one year.

2014-11-03 4:04 PM

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by laffinrock

Bet there were some irritated runners about that!!  At least it wouldn't cause a pile-up like almost happened in the TdF one year.

Hmmm, the guys were pretty focused. These just kind of maneuvered around the dogs...

The course also had a metal "keep dogs on leash" sign (which is ironic) that was leaning over into the path a little and you came up on it very quickly after a pretty sharp corner. After the race us women were all talking about how we almost ran into it and then I saw one of the guys hit it full speed. It almost knocked him back on his a** 

Ahh, cross country...

2014-11-03 4:07 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Hmmm, the guys were pretty focused. These just kind of maneuvered around the dogs...

The course also had a metal "keep dogs on leash" sign (which is ironic) that was leaning over into the path a little and you came up on it very quickly after a pretty sharp corner. After the race us women were all talking about how we almost ran into it and then I saw one of the guys hit it full speed. It almost knocked him back on his a** 

Ahh, cross country...

So the sign not the dog took the guy out.  How ironic!!  Hopefully he got a laugh out of it after the race was over.  "So how'd you get that black eye?"  "Oh, I ran into a sign during my race yesterday."  "Uh huh..."

2014-11-03 4:24 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Ran/hiked up a mountain Saturday to the most beautiful lake I have ever seen:

Then our team won the Pacific Northwest Cross Country Championships on Sunday. I felt I ran really well. It was a 6K course, 3 2K loops. I ran the first very conservatively and built into it, getting stronger on each loop. I've not been training specifically for xc and using it more as a tool for marathon training + the setbacks left me about a minute slower than last year. Which I actually feel pretty good about. Maybe, just maybe with some hard work in the next three weeks I can do well at Regionals, a few weeks before my marathon. 

BIG congrats to you and your team!!  The picture of you and the lake are so awesome on so many levels, love it!!  The unstoppable Salty!

2014-11-03 4:26 PM

User image

Seattle

Ahh, cross country...

So the sign not the dog took the guy out.  How ironic!!  Hopefully he got a laugh out of it after the race was over.  "So how'd you get that black eye?"  "Oh, I ran into a sign during my race yesterday."  "Uh huh..."

Hahaha right

2014-11-04 9:25 AM

User image

Denver, CO

Saw this today and just had to share (from www.dogshaming.com).  Check out those ears!!

Foam rolling with the homies

IMG_3026

Jackson has decided that the human foam roller must be a dog toy…

2014-11-04 10:17 AM

User image

Veteran
Dayton

Yeah, we don't want any fox hunting.

2014-11-04 10:28 AM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk

So I may have had a small keyboard accident, of the Manatee variety ...

I hate it when that happens!! :D and about the teeth - can you live on Gu and Gels? :/

I'm pretty much only living on stuff like gels ... cake and cereal if I can get it soggy enough to slurp. I've actually eaten shockingly little the last 5 days and ... not an ounce lost! Argh!

Applesauce and baby food. It's a good thing I like those things.

I'm doing awesome, it's just my mouth that gets me in trouble ... as usual

I lost 10 pounds after my accident.  I think it was because the sling sat on my stomach and made me feel super poofy.  I'm sure that didn't help with my crankiness either :-/

2014-11-04 10:36 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Saw this today and just had to share (from www.dogshaming.com).  Check out those ears!!

IMG_3026

Thanks for posting this!  Emma is hilarious with my PT.  Oh, mommy is getting on the floor.  PLAY TIME!  Oh, we are doing that laying the the floor thing.  OK, I'll snuggle right in.  Whatcha moving your arm for mom?  I was all comfy.  What's a sleeper stretch?  Oh good Hide the Ball! (aka, trigger point).  I'll dig it out!  Snow angels?  That's an icky one.  Do one where you can pet me.

2014-11-04 10:56 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by jmkizer

I hate it when that happens!! :D and about the teeth - can you live on Gu and Gels? :/

I'm pretty much only living on stuff like gels ... cake and cereal if I can get it soggy enough to slurp. I've actually eaten shockingly little the last 5 days and ... not an ounce lost! Argh!

I lost 10 pounds after my accident.  I think it was because the sling sat on my stomach and made me feel super poofy.  I'm sure that didn't help with my crankiness either :-/

Holy Moly, what 10 lbs could you have possibly loss??!!  I am sure the exact opposite will happen to me after my surgery.  That makes me cranky!

2014-11-04 10:58 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

IMG_3026

Thanks for posting this!  Emma is hilarious with my PT.  Oh, mommy is getting on the floor.  PLAY TIME!  Oh, we are doing that laying the the floor thing.  OK, I'll snuggle right in.  Whatcha moving your arm for mom?  I was all comfy.  What's a sleeper stretch?  Oh good Hide the Ball! (aka, trigger point).  I'll dig it out!  Snow angels?  That's an icky one.  Do one where you can pet me.

LOL!  Emma's going to miss your PT!

2014-11-04 11:18 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master

Thought this was interesting/helpful. I use the narrow heel lacing.

(Ffbg3PUP2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Ffbg3PUP2.jpg (67KB - 1 downloads)
2014-11-04 11:25 AM

User image

Master

IMG_3026

Ha! Rio decided our roller was a fire hydrant. Roller is no longer left alone with dogs in the room. 

2014-11-04 11:30 AM

User image

Seattle

IMG_3026

Hahaha!

2014-11-04 11:41 AM

User image

Seattle

Lots of different ways to get to race weight

2014-11-04 12:32 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by amd723

IMG_3026

She was so happy when I got to stop wearing the sling.  For the last week or so, she would come up to me and nose it.  Get that thing off your lap!  I'm sick of it!

2014-11-04 12:49 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

IMG_3026

She was so happy when I got to stop wearing the sling.  For the last week or so, she would come up to me and nose it.  Get that thing off your lap!  I'm sick of it!

My Sydney has the same ears.  Fortunately my dogs don't care about my foam roller. But they do think anytime I'm on the floor it's play time, which makes rolling/core work difficult.

(sydney.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
sydney.JPG (117KB - 1 downloads)
2014-11-04 12:59 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by rrrunner

IMG_3026

My Sydney has the same ears.  Fortunately my dogs don't care about my foam roller. But they do think anytime I'm on the floor it's play time, which makes rolling/core work difficult.

Awwwwww so cute!!!! 

2014-11-04 2:17 PM

User image

Seattle

Did anyone watch the TCS NYC Marathon Sunday?

Daaaaaang I would  not want to be running in that wind! What a race. So dramatic. First effin Jeptoo is flying into NYC not to race but to snatch up her $500,000 marathon majors award then they find she tests positive for a banned substance. The rookie, Sara Moreira led a ton of the race and in that wind, I wonder what she could have done if she let the others share more of the load. Desi gets 5th. Goucher ended in tears. Running mile 24 at a 7:29, finishing in 14th place. Kastor goes slower than she wanted but snags 11th place. My teammate got 21st place. She was going for the trials qual (didn't quite get it.) I'm not sure why she was attempting this in NYC which is a notoriously tough course with exactly one sh*t-ton of people running it. 

Then it comes down to a very close Kenyan on Kenyan battle. It is always so crazy to see people head to head and you are thinking, "c'mon, just go faster! You are RIGHT there" but anyone who has been in that position knows that sometimes faster is just not possible. You are already red lined. 

On the men's side Meb gets 5th and there were three Americans in the top 10. USA! USA! USA! 

Also a great quote came out of it, "No matter how fast you are, no one is immune to nipple chafing."

2014-11-04 2:18 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Meb was in 4th ;-)

2014-11-04 2:38 PM

User image

Seattle

Meb was in 4th ;-)

yes, yes 4th is what i meant. Good for him...Showin' them whippersnappers 

2014-11-04 2:54 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Did anyone watch the TCS NYC Marathon Sunday?

Daaaaaang I would  not want to be running in that wind! What a race. So dramatic. First effin Jeptoo is flying into NYC not to race but to snatch up her $500,000 marathon majors award then they find she tests positive for a banned substance. The rookie, Sara Moreira led a ton of the race and in that wind, I wonder what she could have done if she let the others share more of the load. Desi gets 5th. Goucher ended in tears. Running mile 24 at a 7:29, finishing in 14th place. Kastor goes slower than she wanted but snags 11th place. My teammate got 21st place. She was going for the trials qual (didn't quite get it.) I'm not sure why she was attempting this in NYC which is a notoriously tough course with exactly one sh*t-ton of people running it. 

Then it comes down to a very close Kenyan on Kenyan battle. It is always so crazy to see people head to head and you are thinking, "c'mon, just go faster! You are RIGHT there" but anyone who has been in that position knows that sometimes faster is just not possible. You are already red lined. 

On the men's side Meb gets 5th and there were three Americans in the top 10. USA! USA! USA! 

Also a great quote came out of it, "No matter how fast you are, no one is immune to nipple chafing."

It was quite a race! I was so happy for Kara while she held on to the front, and cried when she cried at the end. I must admit I was projecting guilt by association on to Jemima and happy when she didn't win. That's probably not good. Both men's and women's were down to the wire and interesting to watch. Those conditions were insane! Is it just me or was Deena Kastor pretty hokey in her post race interview. She sounded like the mayor or something.

Interestingly, though, DS2 and I were talking about doing NY instead of Boston. Harder to qualify but they have a lottery program so who knows. Takes the pressure of my first marathon though

Edited by rrrunner 2014-11-04 3:00 PM
2014-11-04 2:56 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by rrrunner

IMG_3026

Awwwwww so cute!!!! 

Hahaha!  

The kitties do the exact same thing... Hey, you're down on the floor - it MUST be to pet/pay attention to me!  What are you using that thing for?  What about ME???  Oh, it's made of rubbery, plastic-y stuff?  Is it tasty?  Huh, it IS tasty!  I must play with it! Or you must pet me.  Now.  NO, not there... you get 3 rubs and then I'm going to sit on your stomach, chest, face just so you know I'm here...  

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered) Rss Feed  

of 52

RELATED POSTS

Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 103

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 65768 Posts: 2563

2014-10-29 8:19 AM IndoIronYanti

Funked Up Triathletes - Season 2 - Olympic/Sprint Focus - Closed Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27

Started by funkj25
Views: 45024 Posts: 669

2018-01-16 11:34 PM aviatrix802

Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 76013 Posts: 2488

2014-07-30 9:43 AM IndoIronYanti

Slornow and Wannabefaster's Summer Group-CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54

Started by slornow
Views: 52213 Posts: 1331

2014-12-18 10:15 PM wannabefaster

Todd's Tri Turtles 3 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) Basically Closed Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23

Started by Hunting Triathlete
Views: 27586 Posts: 569

2014-12-14 7:18 PM cassowary
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.