BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 100

2014-12-30 1:02 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Orlando
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?)
Originally posted by jmkizer

I'm going to reset the DL this week.  Tom (knee), Hands (shoulder), Yanti (everything), Mary (hip/knee) -- if you need to be put back on the DL, please PM me. I'm thinking that Mary still needs to be on but maybe Tom and Hands can come off?  Yanti, what about you?

Has anyone heard from Darren?

Since am able run I think I should be off the DL!!

2014-12-30 1:04 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Thanks for the warm welcome folks, much appreciated and to prove I'm not just a dumb Brit here's a photo of me at the NFL game at Wembley in October!! I became a Falcon fan for the day and hell didn't we blow that game from 21 - 0 after the first half!

(njc.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
njc.JPG (2549KB - 3 downloads)
2014-12-30 1:06 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by amd723 

How is your swimming?????? DL it is!

2014-12-30 1:08 PM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Seattle
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors - OPEN to all kinds!

Originally posted by StaceyK So for all you running peps when looking at a 20 week HM plan what would you expect your longest run to be? The plan I am looking at has two 10 mile runs as the longest, my brain is telling me this isn't long enough. My goal is just to finish in good shape with a smile on my face and I'm willing to run/walk. I have 3 runs scheduled per week. What are your thoughts?

I think that is fairly typical for a beginner plan. It really is much more about frequency/consistency than that actual long run. 20 weeks is incredibly long but I imagine it is more about building up that base than anything, which I am totally on board with. 

My comments would be a little different in an advanced plan. 

2014-12-30 1:18 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by laffinrock

Originally posted by rrrunner

Originally posted by melbo55

TJ - I seem to recall you mentioning linking TrainingPeaks to something to transfer workout data...was it via Garmin Connect or Strava?...anyone can feel free to answer.  I'm beginning to get my schedule/plan set up with my coach and I'm of course looking for the easiest (read: laziest) way to get my workouts into TP.  So yeah, in other news, it's starting to 'get real', which is exciting and scary all at once!

Ummmm... I have Garmin Connect posting to TP, Strava and BT. I've not tried getting Strava to post to TP. Oh, and I have IG connected to Strava because everyone needs to see my workout pix right?

My GC connects to Strava, TP and BT too.  I think I set it up in TP to pull from GC, and the set the others up the same way.  In essence, GC is the talker and all the other programs listen.  Maybe I need to change my nickname to GC.    And Strava clearly needs another letter so we can turn that into an acronym too.

OK, I'll poke around a bit more.  I had all the aforementioned applications/websites open while I looked around the settings, attempting to remember which one connected to which (sender vs receiver) without seeing what I was looking for, and I forget how I linked Strava and GC.  Is it a true statement that TP doesn't play nice with IE?

Edited by melbo55 2014-12-30 1:28 PM
2014-12-30 1:25 PM
in reply to: Neil65

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Great pic!! 

While living in London, we went to the Bears/Bucs game in 2011 at Wembly - it was a TON of fun!!  :D 

2014-12-30 1:26 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by cdban66

Ooooh - I think Hands just got handed a smack-down...   

2014-12-30 1:32 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

Master
, California

Just stopping by... as one of your mostly shadowy lurkers.  Happy holidays all!

2014-12-30 1:33 PM

User image

Master
Orlando
Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Hahaha, I did!! Btw, can I still be called "hands" when I only have use of one?!
2014-12-30 1:35 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by laffinrock

TJ - I seem to recall you mentioning linking TrainingPeaks to something to transfer workout data...was it via Garmin Connect or Strava?...anyone can feel free to answer.  I'm beginning to get my schedule/plan set up with my coach and I'm of course looking for the easiest (read: laziest) way to get my workouts into TP.  So yeah, in other news, it's starting to 'get real', which is exciting and scary all at once!

Ummmm... I have Garmin Connect posting to TP, Strava and BT. I've not tried getting Strava to post to TP. Oh, and I have IG connected to Strava because everyone needs to see my workout pix right?

My GC connects to Strava, TP and BT too.  I think I set it up in TP to pull from GC, and the set the others up the same way.  In essence, GC is the talker and all the other programs listen.  Maybe I need to change my nickname to GC.    And Strava clearly needs another letter so we can turn that into an acronym too.

OK, I'll poke around a bit more.  I had all the aforementioned applications/websites open while I looked around the settings, attempting to remember which one connected to which (sender vs receiver) without seeing what I was looking for, and I forget how I linked Strava and GC.  Is it a true statement that TP doesn't play nice with IE?

It's getting better

2014-12-30 1:36 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Hahaha, I did!! Btw, can I still be called "hands" when I only have use of one?!

I think we already covered this... because you had many hands, debilitating one doesn't demote you to the singular

2014-12-30 1:38 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

CURRENTLY you only have the use of one, but we all know you have multiples in reserve!  

2014-12-30 1:42 PM

User image

Great pic!! 

While living in London, we went to the Bears/Bucs game in 2011 at Wembly - it was a TON of fun!!  :D 

Oh I loved it, great entertainment and game as well, will be going again in 2015. I bought a scarf, hat, jersey but alas was unable to buy a cheerleader!
2014-12-30 1:46 PM

User image

Training is going pretty well right now. I have done 9 sessions over the past 11 days, mix of indoor bike, strength (core) sessions and running. My back is a little sore at the moment, loads of stretching to help, feel like an elastic band. Found the pool at the gym again this morning so did a very short swim before I retreated back to the sauna ;-)
2014-12-30 1:50 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

North Augusta, South Carolina
Goodness this group moves fast!!!!

For those of you who live where it's rainy and cloudy all the time, I have no idea how you even pull yourselves out of bed. We've been in the midst of gross, cloudy, wet, misty (but irritatingly warm) weather for 5 of the past 7 days. It was all I could do to put on workout clothes and do some kickboxing in the "fitness facility" (aka 3rd bedroom turned bike storage, weight room, and my home office) over the past hour.

Fortunately, I can turn back into a sloth for the rest of the afternoon. I'm going to miss vacation days on Monday.

Oh...and Jayne or Chris (I have no idea what your username is on here, so perhaps you'll see this here), I sent a Strava request. I think my Strava name is either Glfprncs or NancySchwert or it might even be my whole name (which is a longer variation of Nancy Schwert).

Edited by glfprncs 2014-12-30 1:54 PM
2014-12-30 1:55 PM
in reply to: glfprncs

User image

Think I have managed to open my training log to the group, please somebody check and let me know. Cheers Neil x

2014-12-30 1:56 PM

User image

Originally posted by glfprncs

Goodness this group moves fast!!!!

For those of you who live where it's rainy and cloudy all the time, I have no idea how you even pull yourselves out of bed. We've been in the midst of gross, cloudy, wet, misty (but irritatingly warm) weather for 5 of the past 7 days. It was all I could do to put on workout clothes and do some kickboxing in the "fitness facility" (aka 3rd bedroom turned bike storage, weight room, and my home office) over the past hour.

Fortunately, I can turn back into a sloth for the rest of the afternoon. I'm going to miss vacation days on Monday.

Oh...and Jayne or Chris (I have no idea what your username is on here, so perhaps you'll see this here), I sent a Strava request. I think my Strava name is either Glfprncs or NancySchwert or it might even be my whole name (which is a longer variation of Nancy Schwert).
I'm suffering from frosty and icy mornings right now, the gym is taking a pounding!
2014-12-30 1:59 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by glfprncs Goodness this group moves fast!!!! For those of you who live where it's rainy and cloudy all the time, I have no idea how you even pull yourselves out of bed. We've been in the midst of gross, cloudy, wet, misty (but irritatingly warm) weather for 5 of the past 7 days. It was all I could do to put on workout clothes and do some kickboxing in the "fitness facility" (aka 3rd bedroom turned bike storage, weight room, and my home office) over the past hour. Fortunately, I can turn back into a sloth for the rest of the afternoon. I'm going to miss vacation days on Monday. Oh...and Jayne or Chris (I have no idea what your username is on here, so perhaps you'll see this here), I sent a Strava request. I think my Strava name is either Glfprncs or NancySchwert or it might even be my whole name (which is a longer variation of Nancy Schwert).

I'll check, as I am the Chris in question.  That is if Janyne (jmkizer) hasn't gotten to it yet, she is quick like that!

2014-12-30 2:00 PM

User image

Melon Presser

Originally posted by glfprncs Goodness this group moves fast!!!! For those of you who live where it's rainy and cloudy all the time, I have no idea how you even pull yourselves out of bed. We've been in the midst of gross, cloudy, wet, misty (but irritatingly warm) weather for 5 of the past 7 days. It was all I could do to put on workout clothes and do some kickboxing in the "fitness facility" (aka 3rd bedroom turned bike storage, weight room, and my home office) over the past hour. Fortunately, I can turn back into a sloth for the rest of the afternoon. I'm going to miss vacation days on Monday. Oh...and Jayne or Chris (I have no idea what your username is on here, so perhaps you'll see this here), I sent a Strava request. I think my Strava name is either Glfprncs or NancySchwert or it might even be my whole name (which is a longer variation of Nancy Schwert).

Manatees can move astonishingly fast in their element!

However, nobody can keep up all of the time. Don't feel like you have to.

You know, every single year it astonishes me that it rains more or less constantly here for anywhere between 3-9 months out of the year. Some years, 11 months. I find myself doing the doggy-head-tilt and wondering how I'm supposed to swim or run (unfortunately it's usually electrical as well). No indoor pools, I'll grudgingly run on treadmills. If it's merely drizzling or drippy I'll go for a run whenever I can.

2014-12-30 2:02 PM
in reply to: spudone

User image

Melon Presser

Originally posted by spudone

Just stopping by... as one of your mostly shadowy lurkers.  Happy holidays all!

Ooooh it's our international man of mystery you know I love you! {MELON PRESS}

2014-12-30 2:05 PM

User image

Melon Presser

I'm going to reset the DL this week.  Tom (knee), Hands (shoulder), Yanti (everything), Mary (hip/knee) -- if you need to be put back on the DL, please PM me. I'm thinking that Mary still needs to be on but maybe Tom and Hands can come off?  Yanti, what about you?

As a very wise woman (my then running partner aka sports spouse) once said when I was batching about my hands which I'd hurt in a stupid accident (I'm sure none of you can imagine) ... You don't need your hands to run!

And indeed, one of my parathletes proves that as well as you and your Kali-like assortment of extra appendages.

2014-12-30 2:15 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by Neil65 Think I have managed to open my training log to the group, please somebody check and let me know. Cheers Neil x

I was able to look at your logs. Looking good!

As for Nancy, I couldn't find her on strava.

2014-12-30 2:18 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by Neil65 Think I have managed to open my training log to the group, please somebody check and let me know. Cheers Neil x

I was able to look at your logs. Looking good!

As for Nancy, I couldn't find her on strava.

Nancy, you are now a Strava Manatee. 

TJ, her privacy settings on Strava look like they are set pretty strong. You may be able to find her by looking in the "Club" on Strava.

2014-12-30 2:49 PM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Manatees can move astonishingly fast in their element!

However, nobody can keep up all of the time. Don't feel like you have to.

You know, every single year it astonishes me that it rains more or less constantly here for anywhere between 3-9 months out of the year. Some years, 11 months. I find myself doing the doggy-head-tilt and wondering how I'm supposed to swim or run (unfortunately it's usually electrical as well). No indoor pools, I'll grudgingly run on treadmills. If it's merely drizzling or drippy I'll go for a run whenever I can.

It also helps when those of us in the States are either not working or having slow days at work.  There are slow days every now and then.  A "slow" day is maybe a handful of posts.  Yup, we're chatty!

2014-12-30 2:55 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Works for me!

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  

of 100

RELATED POSTS

Gray Guys/Girls Master's Focus Triathlon Mentor Group--CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52

Started by lutzman
Views: 55370 Posts: 1284

2016-01-02 4:01 PM lutzman

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 26 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.