BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 103

2014-10-09 1:22 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?)

Originally posted by melbo55

Originally posted by cdban66

Completely unrelated to anything discussed this week:

TJ, are you uploading to Instagram right after your run? And to Strava as well? And your sure all your pw stuff is correct? I had an issue with mine early on, disconnected and reconnected and it was all good after that. Never did figure out why it didn't work at first.

Sorry to hijack this discussion, but what did you disconnect and reconnect?  My Strava and Instagram accounts have yet to get along even the settings say they are supposed to be pals.

I disconnected Instagram from Strava. Then connected again and it was fine. I'm not sure why that worked, but it looks like it worked for TJ also. 

BTW, your pics on IG are cool!

I may have discovered the issue.  When I disconnected and reconnected, Strava has a little note mentioning that the Instagram account needs to be public in order for the pics to be shared, and I have it set as private.  Is this how you (Chris), Janyne and TJ have yours set?  I guess there is no harm in being public, right?

Mine is public. It is pretty much sunrises, bicycles and beer pics. Not much to see that is all that private.

2014-10-09 1:35 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

TJ, are you uploading to Instagram right after your run? And to Strava as well? And your sure all your pw stuff is correct? I had an issue with mine early on, disconnected and reconnected and it was all good after that. Never did figure out why it didn't work at first.

Sorry to hijack this discussion, but what did you disconnect and reconnect?  My Strava and Instagram accounts have yet to get along even the settings say they are supposed to be pals.

The Instagram photos must be uploaded in the time from 30 minutes before your workout to 45 minutes after.  Have you been hitting that timeframe?

2014-10-09 1:36 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

I disconnected Instagram from Strava. Then connected again and it was fine. I'm not sure why that worked, but it looks like it worked for TJ also. 

BTW, your pics on IG are cool!

I may have discovered the issue.  When I disconnected and reconnected, Strava has a little note mentioning that the Instagram account needs to be public in order for the pics to be shared, and I have it set as private.  Is this how you (Chris), Janyne and TJ have yours set?  I guess there is no harm in being public, right? 

Public.

2014-10-10 10:13 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!

A listing of Manatee Races, Rides and Runs and other events

October 11-12
Randee - Hartford Half Marathon on Saturday
Jonathan TN - Army 10 Miler Shadow Run
Jen - 5k on Saturday

Disabled List
Janyne - shoulder (recovery week 2)
Tom - right knee
Ann-Marie - Achilles tendinitis

2014-10-10 10:34 AM

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by jmkizer

Racing Manatees!

October 11-12
Jen - 5k on Saturday

Disabled List
Tom - right knee

GOOOOOOOOOOO, racers!!

Glad to see the DL list is shorter this week.  Keep up the healing so it continues to shrink.

2014-10-10 12:36 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by laffinrock

Racing Manatees!

October 11-12
Jen - 5k on Saturday

Disabled List
Tom - right knee

GOOOOOOOOOOO, racers!!

Glad to see the DL list is shorter this week.  Keep up the healing so it continues to shrink.

Yeah, what she said!!

2014-10-10 12:51 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Racing Manatees!

October 11-12
Jen - 5k on Saturday

Disabled List
Tom - right knee

GOOOOOOOOOOO, racers!!

Yeah, what she said!!

Go RANDEE, JONATHAN and JEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All together we're doing a marathon

Dreary rainy day in Santa Fe. Think my run will be on a dreadmill

2014-10-10 1:04 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Racing Manatees!

October 11-12
Jen - 5k on Saturday

Disabled List
Tom - right knee

Go Manatees Go!!

2014-10-10 1:18 PM

User image

Master

Racing Manatees!

October 11-12
Jen - 5k on Saturday

Disabled List
Tom - right knee

I signed up late last night to do a 10km Turkey Trot on Monday with my SIL.  It's Canadian Thanksgiving.

Big Bro has been in hospital all week.  Some of you may remember he had a colostomy in January.  He had the reversal in September.  He was recovering well until last Saturday when he had flu-like symptoms.  Was in bed all day, got up in the evening and passed out.  Off to the ER and long story short he has a Dieulafoy Lesion in his intestine.  Basically a ruptured blood vessel; they have repaired it endoscopically twice, but his hemoglobin keeps dropping despite blood (I think we are up to 6 units as of today...).  It has nothing to do with any of his surgeries, just a genetic thing that has chosen now to make its presence known.  No pain, feels fine, just frustrated!  I am really feeling for my SIL, as she is worried and has to hold it together for the kids.  So, any prayers and good thoughts would be gratefully received.

Good luck to all you other racey racers and DL'ers you have my prayers and good thoughts!

2014-10-10 1:24 PM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by IronOx

Racing Manatees!

October 11-12
Jen - 5k on Saturday

Disabled List
Tom - right knee

I signed up late last night to do a 10km Turkey Trot on Monday with my SIL.  It's Canadian Thanksgiving.

Big Bro has been in hospital all week.  Some of you may remember he had a colostomy in January.  He had the reversal in September.  He was recovering well until last Saturday when he had flu-like symptoms.  Was in bed all day, got up in the evening and passed out.  Off to the ER and long story short he has a Dieulafoy Lesion in his intestine.  Basically a ruptured blood vessel; they have repaired it endoscopically twice, but his hemoglobin keeps dropping despite blood (I think we are up to 6 units as of today...).  It has nothing to do with any of his surgeries, just a genetic thing that has chosen now to make its presence known.  No pain, feels fine, just frustrated!  I am really feeling for my SIL, as she is worried and has to hold it together for the kids.  So, any prayers and good thoughts would be gratefully received.

Good luck to all you other racey racers and DL'ers you have my prayers and good thoughts!

Wow! Prayers for your brother and his wife and happy running and Happy Thanksgiving to you! Monday is Columbus Day for us so some of us also have a holiday weekend.

2014-10-10 1:57 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by rrrunner

Hands and Chris, does this make up for the beautiful sunny Fall days in this part of the country?  This is part of Fall too.  We had that yesterday and will again on Sunday.  In the meantime, tonight it's supposed to get down to 41*.  Gonna be a chilly run for me early tomorrow morning!  Might have to break out the running tights and mittens.

2014-10-10 1:59 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Racing Manatees!

October 11-12
Jen - 5k on Saturday

Disabled List
Tom - right knee

Lots of healing thoughts to your brother and (((hugs))) to you.  Is 10k with his wife, or a different SIL?

2014-10-10 2:12 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Racing Manatees!

October 11-12
Jen - 5k on Saturday

Disabled List
Tom - right knee

Sorry to hear about your brother.  I will prayers and healing thoughts his way!  Happy Canadian t-giving - enjoy the turkey trot!!

2014-10-10 2:16 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Hands and Chris, does this make up for the beautiful sunny Fall days in this part of the country?  This is part of Fall too.  We had that yesterday and will again on Sunday.  In the meantime, tonight it's supposed to get down to 41*.  Gonna be a chilly run for me early tomorrow morning!  Might have to break out the running tights and mittens.

I just came in from a late lunch and was stopped in the parking lot for 5 minutes talking to someone.  At about the 30 second mark, i had sweat running down my back (and I'm wearing a sleeveless blouse!).  So, I don't know that a few dreary days make up for your otherwise unheard of in Florida fall weather!!  It does help though   I head to NC late next week and I am really looking forward to some 40* night time temps!!   

2014-10-10 2:22 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by amd723

I just came in from a late lunch and was stopped in the parking lot for 5 minutes talking to someone.  At about the 30 second mark, i had sweat running down my back (and I'm wearing a sleeveless blouse!).  So, I don't know that a few dreary days make up for your otherwise unheard of in Florida fall weather!!  It does help though   I head to NC late next week and I am really looking forward to some 40* night time temps!!   

I HATE that feeling

2014-10-10 2:23 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

I HATE that feeling

Me too!  Too bad I have it all the time

2014-10-10 2:36 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Racing Manatees!

October 11-12
Jen - 5k on Saturday

Disabled List
Tom - right knee

Your Bro and SIL are in my thoughts and prayers. Enjoy the 10K. 

2014-10-10 2:41 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

I've never worn a "sleeveless blouse" but the sweat on my back starts around April and ends around late October or early November. So the dreary rainy day is a winner right now because it is not hot. I feel the same as Monica in Chicago this past winter. "Just let it end!!!!"  Unlike Monica, I'm not to the point of moving to get away from the weather yet.

2014-10-10 2:52 PM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

Racing Manatees!

October 11-12
Jen - 5k on Saturday

Disabled List
Tom - right knee

GOOOOOOOOOOO, racers!!

Yeah, what she said!!

Go RANDEE, JONATHAN and JEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All together we're doing a marathon

excellent observation! GO TEAM MARATHON!!! :D

IO: hang in there - healing vibes to your brother
2014-10-10 2:55 PM

User image

Master

Racing Manatees!

October 11-12
Jen - 5k on Saturday

Disabled List
Tom - right knee

Lots of healing thoughts to your brother and (((hugs))) to you.  Is 10k with his wife, or a different SIL?

Yes, his wife.  Some down time

2014-10-10 2:59 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Denver, CO

Rant alert and request for perspective.

I still don't have a training calendar from the running club coach, despite repeated promises of "tomorrow" or "in a couple of days."  I initially contacted him on 9/22, so it's been almost 3 weeks since I first contacted him.  I've been doing workouts with the group for 2 weeks now.  We meet 2x/week and the majority of the group is tapering for a HM next weekend.  To this point, I haven't paid any money because they're working on getting a month-to-month payment plan set up and have asked me to just keep track of the months myself.  I haven't gotten much coaching either; when we do hill sprints on Wednesdays, I'm told "don't go all out" and for group runs, I'm just supposed to "pick my pace, whatever I feel like." 

At what point do I say enough's enough and go somewhere else?  Or is this par for the course and I'm setting my expectations too high for a training club run by a LRS?

2014-10-10 3:00 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Yes, his wife.  Some down time

Great idea.  Way to be a good SIL yourself.

2014-10-10 3:05 PM

User image

Master

Rant alert and request for perspective.

I still don't have a training calendar from the running club coach, despite repeated promises of "tomorrow" or "in a couple of days."  I initially contacted him on 9/22, so it's been almost 3 weeks since I first contacted him.  I've been doing workouts with the group for 2 weeks now.  We meet 2x/week and the majority of the group is tapering for a HM next weekend.  To this point, I haven't paid any money because they're working on getting a month-to-month payment plan set up and have asked me to just keep track of the months myself.  I haven't gotten much coaching either; when we do hill sprints on Wednesdays, I'm told "don't go all out" and for group runs, I'm just supposed to "pick my pace, whatever I feel like." 

At what point do I say enough's enough and go somewhere else?  Or is this par for the course and I'm setting my expectations too high for a training club run by a LRS?

The run club with my LRS has a very generic plan online.  But the workouts are also led by 'Volunteer' runners (they get paid, but are not coaches).  I think if it is supposed to be part of the deal, and there is a real coach, then your expectations are not too high.  But if it is like my LRS, it may be asking too much.

2014-10-10 3:16 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Sending lots of good vibes and prayers to him and the rest of the family.  It's very nice you and SIL will be able to get a little break with the 10K.  Good luck to you both and happy Thanksgiving!

2014-10-10 3:19 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Speaking of health problems, here's a case of good fate.  As you may remember, my FIL isn't in the best of health.  On Wed. my MIL took him to his heart doctor for a checkup.  She passed out in the waiting room and apparently had a mild heart attack and needed to be hospitalized.  Talk about right place right time! Although it wasn't a good thing to have happen, at least it happened at the best possible place.

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  

of 103

RELATED POSTS

Funked Up Triathletes - Season 2 - Olympic/Sprint Focus - Closed Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27

Started by funkj25
Views: 44709 Posts: 669

2018-01-16 11:34 PM aviatrix802

Baowolf's Fun In the Sun Mentor Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30

Started by Baowolf
Views: 38890 Posts: 743

2015-03-16 2:42 AM scubabrad02

Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 74466 Posts: 2488

2014-07-30 9:43 AM IndoIronYanti

Slornow and Wannabefaster's Summer Group-CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54

Started by slornow
Views: 51857 Posts: 1331

2014-12-18 10:15 PM wannabefaster

Todd's Tri Turtles 3 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) Basically Closed Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23

Started by Hunting Triathlete
Views: 26999 Posts: 569

2014-12-14 7:18 PM cassowary
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.